So I just saw this movie that was mentioned as one of the best comedies of all time

So I just saw this movie that was mentioned as one of the best comedies of all time.
Yeah not.
The music is, but nothing bested the third song for me.
The first third was very strong and I really liked it, the music was good and the style was very tight, it was in the second third when everything started to fall apart.
I really felt bad for Rocky, he had just been born to become this pervert sex slave and was treated very poorly with no one defending him.
Eddie was a breath of fresh air… and was killed mercylessly.

Janet and Brad's sex betrayal at each other really come too in your face. I mean, the joke was good but by that point I was taking the movie too seriously to make me laugh.

And the last third of the film was the worst with the weakest songs and cheap dialogue that reminded more of a straight B-movie rather than a parody of them, the good things were that finally someone aknowledges how much of a monster Frank is… to promptly be killed and brainwashed, and then other ones aknowledge how much of a pervert he is, even by Transexual planet standards and gets killed.

On a personal non objective note, I found it like they didn't did the comedy well enough but the gruesomeness was very well executed, ending up feeling very sexually mean spirited.

6.8 at best.
It barely manages to be ok.
How this became a classic?

Jews pushing degeneracy.

Yeah I don't care what joos are pushing now.
Why was this considered a classic by the public.

Jews pushing degeneracy :^)

I don't think it was supposed to be a comedy.

So what, just because they're pushing degeneracy you don't have to eat it, for me is just a work of fiction rather than propaganda, watching this didn't made me gay, in fact just assured my heterosexuality even more.

You're retarded. Protip Hedwig wasn't a "comedy" either.

no fanboys pls.

You're right. Eddy's Teddy was an alright song.

One of the worst films ever created.

Hardly, as I said the first third was really strong and the second one was okay.

Did you attend an audience participation show like you're meant to?

It isn't meant to turn you gay, it is to normalize seeing faggots. First comes jokes, then come serious advocacy. That's how the subversion works.

So what?
I'm an advocate of people living their own fucking lives, That's the whole reason I hang at imageboards.
If a faggot manages to make a production, well good for him, allow him and let the public remember or forget him.
It would be very hypocrite if I was in his place and I got censored for subversing ideas.

Faggots deserve death

It's actually not. The guy who made RHPS is a cross dresser who fucking hates the "Scene" and general fag attitudes. If you actually paid attention to the thing, you'd realise that. There's even a song about how he's a monster from outer space. Actual trannies hate O'Brien because he admits that just because you wish really hard and mutilate your genitals, you'll never be a different gender.

The entire fucking thing is an indictment of the transexual culture of acting like a fucking lunatic, and forcing your lifestyle on normal people. The public is too retarded, just like you, and didn't pick up on it.

Still degenerate.

Not an argument.

Degenerates calling out degeneracy don't make them not degenerate.
He's still a cross-dressing faggot.

People can do whatever they want in their own house once they act like a civilised member of society in public. I don't give a fuck if he wears toastatas while watching Days of our Lives, and the fact you're so concerned about what another man does in his spare time in his house makes you a bigger faggot than he is.

Rose Tint my World, I'm Going Home and Super Heroes (that one probably not in the version you saw) are arguably the best songs in the whole thing. Also if you've never watched it with an audience you're missing a big part of it.

Too late. You've made it abundantly clear that you are incapable of keeping your perversions out of the public square, faggot.

In what fucking world? It's a musical.

I think it became a classic because it portrays sexual freedom, it has some good songs and word of mouth was kind to it.

movie in a nutshell

I liked it, its very respectful with the religion and while borderline it manages to have some good jokes while not falling into dark humor, just by the situations themselves.

Kinda overrated but it's alright, really shows the goods of going to an old train of thought art school before making a movie.

No they can't.

As long as they're not hurting anybody why not?

Blue is the Warmest Colour.

Literal cuck kino

Stay mad, rulecucks.

Rocky's quite nice, but Phantom of the Paradise is a superior musical from the same year. Lisztomania has the best music among the three, but worst comedy, although there are cool and hilarious bits here and there.

Phantom is awesome

Go back to reddit

How can anybody criticize you for being a flamming faggot that dresses like a woman unless you make it known to the public?

This

Ah, ripped straight out of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. Accuse your enemies of being guilty of your crimes.
Also, nice samefagging.

Good, then stop being so butthurt about people not liking faggots.

He's point wasn't that "Blues Brothers" is bad, or anything, just TRHPS appeals to pretentious "film buffs" that have shit load of posters of
BEST MOVIES EVER
including "Blues Brothers"

Don't forget "The Return of Captain Invincible"

He's point wasn't that "Blues Brothers" is bad, or anything, just TRHPS appeals to pretentious "film buffs" that have shit load of posters of
BEST MOVIES EVER
including "Blues Brothers"

Don't forget "The Return of Captain Invincible"

It wasn't at the time, in fact it almost ended Tim Curry's acting career. It only become popular after the fact with "lol so random" hipsters. Did have a good soundtrack though.

it was popular with college kids long before hipsters were even a thing. i was dragged to screenings on halloween night by my college harem four years in a row in the late 90's

Didn't posted webm for some reason

Is that tim curry's second best role?

best role embedded

It's one of the first blatant rejections of normality. Sure, in the past, there was some of these rejections like the kiss between Kirk and Uhura in Star Trek or the killing of the boy in Jaws, but these rejections were dressed up as negative (the kiss between Kirk and Uhura, while put in for progressive purposes, was because the enemy forced them to in order to humiliate them.) Like most movies, Rocky Horror is a struggle between what is culturally right and culturally wrong. What was surprising is that not only did wrongness win, but it was made out in some ways to be right.

last time we had a thread on this, i remember some guy saying that it was o'bannon expressing the fact that degeneracy becoming normalized was a terrible thing and the movie/stage play was made to show you how fucking horrible it is.