Shin Godzilla:

Shin Godzilla:

2014 Godzilla

Holy shit, the new shin godzilla inst even comparable to the 2014 godzilla. Sure at some scenes the new godzilla the cgi looked wonky but the music and atmosphere the shin godzilla set along with those good shots of it are just so much better. Overall the design is pretty good though I feel its kinda slow it seems kinda "brainless". But the atomic breath was actually much better and its flamethrower was really amazing to watch. I know for a fact that this new king kong vs godzilla 2014 is going to be a big fucking mess. Why even have this match if the 2014 godzilla fucking sucked ass and they cant/wont show it in the daylight. Its not even going to be about the 2 monsters but some bullshit LOVE STORY AGAIN.

it was shit

If shin godzilla is so great then how come it's only popular in Japan while 2014 Godzilla was popular globally?

2014 Godzilla is still pretty scary man. all he had to do was come on shore and he pretty much decimated Hawaii.

because people hate subtitles.

That's not stopping them from releasing it in their territories with the language dubbed in but they don't because they know it'll fail.

Its already a successful film. Shin Godzilla had a budget of 15mil and made 77.9mil which is a 5.2x gain of what it cost.

2014 godzilla had a budget of 160mil and made 529.1mil which is a 3.3x gain. Both are gains but considering the fact it was limited theaters in the US and mainly in Japan it was a great success. Considering the fact that shin godzilla looked better, have more godzilla screen time, didnt cocktease fights and didnt waste money on big name actors. Godzilla 2014 is a joke. The cgi was pretty bad, they had a damn budget in the millions and they couldnt make it look good.

Source for budgets and what it made are from wikipedia.

In Japan and nowhere else.

But it wasnt marketed anywhere else nor they had the intention to release it world wide.

It was successful.

This is main factor, american actors are over priced, Walter White was great but he's only in like 15 minutes of the film, the rest of the casts were so dead they might as well hire high school drama class.

2014 Godzilla is an example of inefficient use of resources.

But fat Godzilla is cute.

Film was indeed shit though.

Nigga have you seen the Heisei series? In those movies he's got massive thunder thighs and cellulite.

fucking nips i swear

Would it be better if they just made the rubber suits like they used to?

It would make more sense.

Shin was so much fucking better than 2014 it's not even funny. Only people I've ever seen defending 2014 are Burgers, but their opinion doesn't count. Godzilla looked a lot better too. The first form's CGI was pretty mediocre, but anything after that looked way better than 2014, since it wasn't pure CGI he actually looked like he was there, instead of that bland CGIfest 2014 was.

Looking forward to the sequel.

It was only aired in Japan and some few select American cinemas, what did you expect?

Isn't that half the fun of a Godzilla movie? Watching some asian guy in a suit stamp on cardboard cities?

Exactly because they had no confidence that it was going to be successful. The limited release for america didn't do well even compared to other limited releases.

Well the 1st form was a bit weird but honestly when it was in its final form it looked pretty good honestly I liked its mix a person/cgi combination. Some parts looked like the cgi dropped but those were in the near ending and at some tail shots.

Regardless at many parts I like the camera angels and how they really captured its size and presence. Also I liked how shin godzilla actually did a lot of damage and they showed how powerful it really was. 2014 godzilla was such a joke in many ways but I would have to say its design was okay maybe slightly better than shin godzilla because I feel its arms were too tiny and skinny and it had a slighty weird upper body and slightly too big of legs. Also my criticism of shin godzilla would have to be how they defeated it. Kinda a ass pull but its alright I guess since we got a good fair amount of military bombing them which was actually done well. And my final criticism would be how it shot lasers out its back and in the final scene the lasers were flying everywhere like its not too dangerous. If it were a 1991 design like pic related then it would have been much better. And I feel its tail was a bit too long.

Still with its criticisms its because we got to actually GOT TO SEE GODZILLA unlike the 2014 where there was not much action and we could care less about the humans, the humans in shin godzilla we some how much more relateable and they did have its funny moments with the Prime minster of japan. Unlike the 2014 version where it was some bullshit love story and they couldnt even explain in the end what godzilla was or its purpose and history. Compared to the competent Japanese in shin godzilla the US military didnt do ANYTHING when follow godzilla and they couldnt give us a badass USA USA when that MUTO was invading Las Vegas.

Dayum 14 godzilla really was a giant fatty.

The designs from the early 2000's are my favorites.

Nips expect certain things out of a kaiju movie. And to answer your question- Yes it would.

As far as the monsters themselves, both are great. Taken together they perfectly distill the two separate identities of Godzilla, one a merciless unknowable force of nature and retribution of atomic technology gone wrong, the other a protector of mankind. One day I hope to see a Godzilla vs. Godzilla movie featuring these two.

Shin had the better theme with Persecution of the Masses though.

The head from that pic looks better than the design they went with for some reason.

Personally, I wanted to see a Godzila vs Gamera movie.

Am I the only one who really hates these orchestra osts in films?

Lets not kid ourselves here, the one and only reason they had limited screening of SG in Burgerland was to try and make some quick cash off of weebs that like Eva, Funi massively overestimated how many people cared