What's his name, Holla Forums?

What's his name, Holla Forums?

Editorial Mandate

This has been brought up before, and we've all decided that DC in their infinite wisdom are gonna go with a few routes.

Me personally I'm not entirely sure what's the point of this reveal of information, because it's not like it's gonna make the Joker stop being crazy or stop butchering people. It just feels like another hollow attempt to get people interested in reading a comic again.

Bruce Wayne

Or that. It could be a thing where the try to retcon The Joker as to be some sort of alter ego of Bruce Wayne, despite that being completely impossible. Maybe they'll pull an alternate universe type thing, I don't know. Frankly, I think it's better not having any mystery behind the guy. Guy down on his luck, falls in a vat, and then gets really mad and crazy. I remember how they tried to make it so like Joker was some sort of supernatural immortal that hides under people's beds. It made no sense. It was creepy, sure, but it didn't make a lot of sense and I was annoyed by the whole thing.

Bruce Wayne

It might as well be Redd Herring because it doesn't fucking matter. The Joker's secret origin is of little importance to both Batman and the people who read his comics.

Alfred Pennyworth

Dick the clown

Of course, they have to use this to create super incestuous drama. Everyone's secret past has to be retconned to be intertwined beyond all belief.

Can't just have batman go "Who the fuck is Jack Napier?" now can we?

Mister Mxysptlk

Nobody's figured it out yet because 5th dimentional imps are made of plot. It's the reason why Bruce Wayne can outshine the rest of the Justice League, despite being a normal human. If Batman needs to be better at anything, Mr Mxyzptlk makes it so because it's good entertainment for the people who watch his exploits from the 5th dimention.

This could also explain why New 52 Joker knows who Batman is. It could also explain why heroes never die in the DC universe. Because they're all part of the game.

KUZCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

That's a great point. DC put themselves in a big hole with this one because Joker's name is impossible to reveal without being stupid. If it's someone Batman is close to, it's overly coincidental or it'll be skirting the edges of nigh impossible. If it's someone Batman knows, but the audience doesn't, then it's just a useless shoehorned in plot. This was a massively dumb idea, but I'm legitimately curious to see how it'll all play out.

The Joker is Bruce Wayne evil twin

He's even got this reality fooled, tricking us into thinking his shenanigans are the work of his arch-rival Mxyzptlk.

Who else would want a Bat-God but his #1 fan?

Alternate version of Bruce driven mad by his parents death, from a different universe, or some bullshit revival thing.

I would like it to be his father, which can fit in with Killing Joke in that he doesn't believe he can care for Bruce properly, has fights with Martha then creates Joker Toxin for some reason.

It's probably going to be something incredibly stupid, that not even our collective autism could predict.

It's going to be retconned in 10 years, maximum.

actually:

Can i work on DC now?

…That's almost as good as Bruce Wayne dying, but not and then having amnesia and then Jim Gordon becoming Robot Batman. Someone get this man an application, now! This kid is working for DC!

Jack Napier, a comedian who had one bad day and became a villain.

He and Bruce are made great in my opinion by their inverse qualities.
Bruce similarly had one bad day but became a hero.
Jack puts on a happy face.
Bruce puts on a sad face.
Jack's hand to hand fighting would best be described as improvisational.
Bruce had years of dedication toward the martial arts.
Jack seeks to destroy Gotham.
Bruce wishes to save it.
Jack dresses is loud colors.
Bruce dresses in muted colors.
Similarly they are often both portrayed as masterminds.
Both quantum immortal because story.

I've been really unmotivated to read any of their shit lately with the soft reboot shit they're doing.
I looked up Rebirth to figure out the exact thing they are calling it which is a "relaunch", but the first thing that came up was a feminist bitching that wonder woman isn't being written or drawn by women, few comics are and they hired frank cho to do a few covers for wondy.

someone screencap that shit in case it happens

Money

BANE?

We've been over this, his name is Joe Kerr.

BUT HIS STAGE NAME WAS JOE CHILL

>It would be extremely funny
>For you

He's Ace the Bathound.

Can you think of another face related thing that might be removed from the joker?

And Batman's reaction to the fact that it's not makeup is usually pretty amusing For Joker, at least

Yes.

The Dark Knight version only has makeup.

The Dark Knight is also shit.

You're missing the point, hothead. If CIA were to get his hands on the Joker, his Joker would have makeup.

CIA could never get his hands on that joker anyway because not only is heat legend dead, that universe is in a state of suspended animation inside the DC multiverse.

It would be extremely cringey.

Yes, I did, you jump to conclusions fuck. Immediately after Alfred says he was the Joker and all of his theater friends pretended to be the other villians, Bruce says how fucking retarded it is.

It'll turn out his name is "Jack Napier" but Batman had some secret history with him like he was a mob boss he put away or something.

he knows how Batman is because Bruce straight up revealed himself like a fucking moron

Snyder's run was as a whole pretty fucking stupid, but that was the fucking stupidest panel.

You mean Heath Ledger, right?

It's an old ass meme

How soon until this gets retcon?

You damn well know his name.

Are you serious? People have been calling him that since always.

5 years max

John Cena