AV Club!

Welcome to the AV Club thread!
A thread dedicated to ripping shows, sharing them and giving advice to those who want to do the same!

As this is the first of these threads, we have no OP post of sorts, but here's a format I'd like to propose:

isobuster.com/ (Use this to rip DVDs straight to your computer)
7-zip.org/ (Use this to split files over 1gb into smaller .zip files for an easier download, then use it again to put them back together later!)
makemkv.com/ (Use this to rip .mkv files straight from the DVD at a reasonable quality)
mega.nz/ (Use this to upload things)
Links will be added and removed as suggested
Oban Star Racers - English Dub (DVD .isos, Episode Rips coming soon, with extras): mega.nz/#F!xlFRnKSL!tTbcpmTYt-YSQqWe0QNktQ
Links will be added as posted

Have fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.pl/a/res/13.html#q94
8ch.pl/a/src/1463375143471.webm
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=184945
btstorr.cc/outlaw-star-v2-tf4473622.html
metasearch.torrentproject.com/
nyaa.se/?page=search&term=outlaw&sort=2
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=318439&showfiles=1
8ch.pl/a/res/13.html#q98
mega.nz/#F!xlFRnKSL!tTbcpmTYt-YSQqWe0QNktQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

for future reference add hand brake for general ripping and here is the webm for general webm compression instructions

>>>/webm/7200

Excellent!
Whoever makes the next thred will put that in, hopefully

Why does the title invoke that mostly shitty Onion offshoot?

also I would like to amend not just ripping shows but encoding shows

Ah, yeah, that's a good idea.

no doubt, Holla Forums av club would be a better title just for board recognition

AV Club General?

sounds fine

Try posting now

Blazorkle

danke board owner, are you too interested in said thread?

alright anons, shit start aside, what Holla Forumsav stuff are you working on?

right now I'm encoding episodes of the Tencho Muyo OVAs in english at a little under 50mb in webm so that I can share them on .pl and .xyz

I think I will have 4 done totaling 6 in about 4 days

Using xmedia recode on an i7 processor and I think 32 threads and all 8 processors (hyperthreading counts) and a different bit rate for each so they can all be about 48MB with none of the bit rates under 100 and it's on 2 pass which is why they take so fucking long

first episode is posted here
8ch.pl/a/res/13.html#q94

thumb for reference

I thought there was only the one?

hwy the hell did you chose that pic for the OP?

I appreciate what you're doing. Also I love the intro so much that I made a video rip separate for it.

8ch.pl/a/src/1463375143471.webm

user, would you like me to make it under 8mb?

By all means. When it comes to webm I use the brute force simplistic method of cutting it from the original video and keeping the native resolution, hoping it fits. I haven't messed with the actual video settings so it should be essentially a snippet from the fullsize video.

alrighty then

I'll check to see if I have a higher res version on hand and start with that, but if I don't have a 1080p version I'll need to download one, either way it's gonna be at least a day of waiting for encode

Speaking of that, seeing the 1080p version of Toonami's Broken Promises made me go looking for a higher res Outlaw Star and sure enough the weebs finally put the BRrips for download. Finally I can see one of the best late 90s anime shows at 1440x1080. I wonder how long the weeb circles have been keeping something like that a secret since the youtube remaster went up back in 2010.

huh, biggest I have is 720x480

got a link, or at least a direction to point like nyaa or kat

Oh yes, 1080p Intro SOON

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=184945

in under a week

aww fuck, I was checking it out and realized it was using the japanese audio

and for those that don't know when they switch dubs from japanese to english there is very often a slight change in pitch but the audio feels significant change in the feel of the audio

I'll still do the japanese one but I'm gonna have to do some editing to replace it with english audio

assuming I don't find a better option

holy fuck I was wrong, my first instinct was right, they redid the fucking intro

IT'S TAINTED

I got another option coming up tho

My
Mother
Fucking
Nigger

Got your attention, didn't it?

btstorr.cc/outlaw-star-v2-tf4473622.html

Always check metasearch before going on a long search that takes you to strange places.
metasearch.torrentproject.com/

huh, all I found was

THIS

nyaa.se/?page=search&term=outlaw&sort=2

always check nyaa.se for anime shit first, all the weaboos use it for their stuff

yup, confirmed engish audio version is superior

I got a hold of this

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=318439&showfiles=1

the english audio is the better version of the song, in my opinion, and I will be mixing and compressing over the course of the next week or so, when I find the time

working every night this week until I get off sunday morning

Tenchi Muyo #3 is up

8ch.pl/a/res/13.html#q98

1080 of the intro with jap audio was over sized by like 600,000kbs

gonna try again and at the same time do the 1080 with english audio so they can be compared

Updated the Oban Star Racers MEGA so it has all the episodes in .mkv format
I also added an Extras section, which has a trailer for the series and backgrounds & concept art to music, along with three .zips of art.

mega.nz/#F!xlFRnKSL!tTbcpmTYt-YSQqWe0QNktQ

good man user

you are a credit to team

oh yeah

almost forgot to mention I uploaded 3 more episodes to 8ch.pl/co/

lost gumption for encoding last week when all my stuff finished because I was working every day last week

gonna make some western cartoon stuff now and get back to tenchi later

I'm just gonna watch through the cartoons I have and make webems of stuff that seems good and rip my megaman cartoon DVDs

anyone have requests for webems?