Why arent you mining bitcoins?

Why arent you mining bitcoins?

Other urls found in this thread:

freebitco.in/?r=2467263
bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since the FBI traced 40000 transactions, during the silk road raid, they became useless. They still have value, they're just not anonymous anymore

I tried mining last week and I only earned about 2000 satoshis per one day. Which is like 0.00000002 bitcoins. Its not worth it

pretty much this.
if i did mine i'd just get a cloud mining contract. i have an old, cheap asic miner but i barely bother with the thing.
if i mined anything it'd be XMR, but tbh i'd rather just buy the things given that they're only a dollar each.

because i'm mining cures

I mined altcoins with a 3 GPU rig for awhile, it was profitable but I have made much more just trading so the rig sits in the cupboard now.
Mining buttcoins is pointless unless you are going to spend a couple of hundred grand to fill a factory with ASICs.

You are right about XMR, get it now as it's just dropped after the recent climb.

because during the gold rush smart people sold pickaxes and shovels.

well, mining hasnt been profitable for years…..

dumbarse, you're wrong

during the gold rushes, the smarter people sold women or alcohol, and the smartest sold both of 'em

You can fix a pickaxe, you can't fix a lady yet

yeah, except those things aren't analogous to mining bitcoins.

maybe we are all mining bitcoins without our knowledge. (HW accused tzacks if building a miner function into a vivchan fork.) a dollar here, a dollar there…

2010 came and went.

freebitco.in/?r=2467263

Because it's too cost prohibitive to build a rig that mines effectively and can pay the enormous electrical bills that mining creates. Not to mention they run super hot when they mine, so they're a massive fire hazard. OP pic looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

buy amd gpgpu was ok. but now
that fucking asic are useless

and /thread

I don't have time for volatile shit like that. I used to mine dogecoins and got about 5 bucks until the price of bitcoin went down and my 5 bucks became somewhere around 50 cents.

Because it's a zero-sum game for the most part.

The difficulty adjusts to however much hashpower is on the network. China turns on a server-farm, my ASIC just got 20x more useless.

Better to buy them directly, or buy a PoS coin (i recommend peercoin) and mint it if you want some income.

Also FYI Bitcoin is going to explode sooner than later. Anyone who doesn't at least have some crypto exposure is missing out on the biggest advent of our time.

it still exists? has it cured anything yet?
is fold still a thin? how about prime?

Ethereum is supposedly still pretty profitable to mine. Bitcoin hasn't been for regular users for a long time. It's barely profitable for the huge miners too.

Can you make decent money by just buying and selling when the price increases?

I have around 700$ to spare.

yeah. assuming it doesn't immediately plummet.
i could have retired if i'd done that in 2013… and hadn't sold too early.
go to poloniex.com and daytrade whatever looks tasty.

Learn to read charts, mainly look where it was too expensive to keep buying and too cheap to keep selling, there's your range.

Look right before the 2013 pump here (set candles to 3 day intervals): bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd

it based out around $120 before it rocketed to $1200.

Currently where we're at, it based out around $450 and has since climbed to 590. I don't think we're ever going to see

guessing you meant XMR and not this…?
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.0
i wouldn't bother with too many bytecoins personally, i only hold like 1/10th as many as i used to.

Nah, Crypti is right. Low market cap and their Lisk thing I think was a tactic to get people to dump it.

XMR looks decent as well. Anything with a 500k-$4m market cap has potential for a serious pump.

Of course timing is everything… even if it does get pumped there'll be plenty of people buying the peak. More people for me to sell to.

Why are you mining bitcoins?