Why are housewife characters always written as dull humorless harpies who constantly nag at their husbands and put up...

Why are housewife characters always written as dull humorless harpies who constantly nag at their husbands and put up with their shit?

Because it's proven not to upset feminists very much

I just started watching Gumball, How is Nicole humorless?

/thread

Nicole is the better example of a cartoon housewife. She isn't so much of a bitch until she understandably gets pushed to her limits. And usually when she assumes command it's funny to watch.

That's how a lot of girl characters are written, as the dry foil to the wacky hijinx of the stupid man character. This is because it's safe and won't be accused of misogyny. If there was a show where the girl does stupid things and her best male friend insulted her and slapped her in the head, it would be pegged as an abusive relationship, putting down women, and a clear cut reason of our evil patriarchal society. When a guy does something stupid and a woman hits him, it's comedy. This is our climate of equality.

Nicole did nothing wrong.

You know I always wonder why Homer can be called a bad Father but marge can't be called a bad mother.

If Gumball/Bart are so stupid, get invested and make them learn woman! Your responsible for their wellbeing as well!

But they prefer to just imbibe in being generally superior.

They must hate King of the Hill and Bob's Burgers then

Feminists love Bob's Burgers because of Tina.

I've never been impressed by it whenever I watched it outside of one or two episodes. Always came across to me as a bizarre attempt to merge Home Movies' general blandness with Family Guy.

I found the show to be shit from day one, without Brendan Small around Loren Bouchard sucks at running a show on his own.

Nicole is mai waifu ~

Like the god and the devil show?

Because most of these writers only have their mothers as reference material.

I just looked it up and apparently feminists like King of the Hill because they think Bobby is a gendersnowflake and they're ok with hating Peggy because she's a problematic 'redneck' bigot

I'm glad King of the Hill ended before we got an episode where Bobby dyed his hair blue and wore glasses he didn't need while proclaiming himself a transdemiblobsexual moondragonkin.

It's not a bad show, it's just boring and unfunny.

Same episode would've resulted in Hank basically calling him a degenerate and explaining to him he's a fucking idiot in no uncertain terms, I don't see the issue there

It is also pretty amusing to look at old films and see that both men and women got smacked by their suppose when they took something too far. Now female characters get off with a slap on the wrist at worst, and barely face consequences for their behavior.

I don't think anyone can like Peggy.

This, Mike Judge isn't a cuck and if he is, don't tell me, let me hold on to this notion so that I can go on without loosing my hope in humanity

Considering all the regional humor and episodes directly lampooning both intolerant activists and hipsters (the former was some trans-acceptance bint who complained hard enough to get the crossdressing male cheerleaders removed from a powderpuff football event, Hank worked around it by claiming they were expressing their inner woman/were trans) I doubt he's in the cuckshed, or silently seething that he ever made the show if he is.

So Holla Forums is filled with newf/a/gs to the point where they didn't even watch simpsons now.

GUARANTEED REPLIES

Isn't that the new epin maymay over at halfcuck for dismissing threads without making an actual argument? Maybe you should either stop being a memelord or go back to halfcuck.

I don't know about the later seasons, but Homer's definitely the idiot of the pair at the start. Marge tends to be the less retarded one with occasional slips. This likewise translates to their children; Lisa is a lot more levelheaded than Bart. Marge's naivety is played for laughs on occasion, but when it came to finances and raising the children, she was usually portrayed as the sensible one.

I mean, that's not -bad-. A lot of the episodes I recall centered around Homer fucking up at something, but the point of them was that he usually figured out a way to correct or avoid that fuck up by the end of it.

I wouldn't be surprised it they did, but, then again, it would have ended like
said. There were already plenty of other episodes that were basically 'Bobby falls in with absurd crowd, spends episode with them until someone tells him what's wrong.' If anything, I believe Judge would have handled it much better than anyone else. He never seemed to vilify the other side, and sometimes even presented them as wayward, with an individual among them that was much more open to critique or reason. (Kinda like the episode with the youth group Christians.)

Even though she's from Montana

Like point being your son is a Juvenile Delinquent with future dreams of becoming a looser. And she just laughs it off like yesterdays Garfield strip.

Its your fucking SON, and you need to make sure he succeeds! If your husband isn't up for the task, take up the buck!

Remember the Itchy and Scratchy Movie Episode? In my head that film is cannon. Marge and Homer realize that they can't be shit Parents and Bart gets a decent upbringing.

because thats how women are?

Redneck just means nonurban heretic to a liberal it doesn't matter if she's from Montana, Alabama or Hawaii

She gets boring as fuck later on

nigga, hanks worked around it by saying they were just a bunch of boys having fun and acting dumb with eachother

the end of it they got around it by claiming to be crossdressers

She gets boring later on, trust me.

You fucking dumbass. That was the rejected rationale because it was deemed to be making fun of women. He got around it like the other user said by saying the lgbt shit.

and i'm telling you, i remember this episode like it was fucking yesterday

hank tried to do it by telling them that it was good for the guys, but that failed. then, at the game, the powderpuff cheerleader (in the stands) did their routine, but claimed that they were crossdressers instead of fucking lgbt shit

the only lgbt shit i really remember in KotH were mostly one off jokes or episodes with a ton of jokes in them

Like that episode where Peggy gets mistaken for a crossdresser and befriends a bunch of them.

And those were overtly drag queens, right?

the main one passed a little bit better than the rest, but yeah. the rest were completely obvious drag queens

Then Seth McFarlane's mom must have been a fucking cunt.

does your definition of "bad" have to include physical pain or something?

I didn't know Enter lurked on here.

I see her face and it's kinda hate-fuckable.

As for housewives, it goes back to being a staple of sitcoms. The wife character, if they're not the focus, are usually underwritten and lame.

Roseanne and MWC managed to show off housewives that were both the focus and on the level with the husband. Really, the issue is that Lois and Marge are just the boring housewife trope and, in the case of Lois, they need to be made into actual crazy whores in order to be interesting because the writers can't think of anything for them. Even then I'd argue Lois wasn't as one dimensional as she is now. She had wants and goals in those early FG seasons.

I dunno about Marge, I don't have much experience with Simpsons, shockingly. Nicole herself is too good for Gumball, honestly. The show would probably have been better if they had dropped Richard, because he contributes nothing to anything in the show, honestly. It's pretty much just Nicole handling her retarded kid and his retarded goldfish who thinks he has rights and her non-fuck up daughter.

You know it's sad when at this point Francine from American Dad is a much better written housewife character than both Marge and Lois.

And that's because they use her as a parody of the sitcom housewife rather than just playing it completely straight. It's a pretty base and obvious parody, but it's something actually different.

Hell, I'm pretty sure Francine is more realistic too.

Based Francine is far more of a real woman than anyone else mentioned in this thread.

She has gotten really, really bad in the current season. All the characters have.

It helps that she's much more attractive than those other housewife.

That makes it bad, user.

Apparently you've never been married

Francine manages to be a parody of sitcom housewives while also be a more accurate portrayal of a housewife.

Remember the episode where she lets her looks go and Stan blinds himself to still love her, but she goes back on it when she realizes she'll need to be the responsible breadwinner?

She admits she may be shallow but that doesn't matter so long as she's happy and that's probably a more honest lesson than anything you'd get from a real family sitcom.