ALRIGHT user! WHERE'S /a/?! WHERE THEY HIDING?!

ALRIGHT user! WHERE'S /a/?! WHERE THEY HIDING?!

Nobody here but us cartoons.

Move officer, this is MY case

im /a/

He wasn't alone

You sure you want to know, officer?

You don't get to bring figures

They're not my figures

Anyone find it depressing how some of the most hardcore cartoon fans are going to anime due to same face animation being made today?

No, it was bound to happen.

When the western market chose not to adapt, then they dug their own graves.

I'll tell you for a hamburger, officer.

No /a/ here, officer. Just your friendly neighborhood Spiderman!

who's this autist that keeps making threads about looney tunes? a couple days ago it was the hardy boys and a couple weeks ago it was for that daffy duck sailor theme.

Potato faced noodle arms?

It's not just same faced, because that's anime's problem too.

It's that anime has no SJW propaganda and bullshit (not counting "official" translations)

Also Boku no Hero Academia has a better written Superman (All Might) than the one in the New 52 and current films.

Or the fact Jojos Bizarre Adventure Part 4 is a better reboot of Ed,Edd n Eddy than what ever calarts would try to shit out.

Sad but very true. His superpowers are also executed much better. You really feel the force of a man punching with the power of a nuclear bomb.

Fucking sucks that the anime is more like 18 minutes an episode.

it's some retard from tumblr

I'd be depressed if I weren't also one of the many leaving too.

Boku no Hero is essentially the non-faggy version of X-Men.

They're not in my stove!

You do realize this is Holla Forums, right? Why would /a/ come here? It's for cartoons and comics!

I was fucking pissed when I first read My Hero Academia. While DC has been struggling with the Man Of Steel for decades, Kōhei Horikoshi walks in and gets EVERY SINGLE ASPECT ABOUT SUPERMAN RIGHT.

You caught me, Officer.
I am the notorious /a/.
I am the reason that the Adventure Time General is now the designated JoJo thread.
Now are you going to do something about it or shall I Withdraw cooly ?

I don't mind /a/ in my Holla Forums because it feels like the cream of the crop rises here.

I dislike /a/ mainly because its "Best Girl" discussions.

And I may have a best girl, but I want to talk about something else as well.

If its Jojo/ MHA, and whatever else comes out that doesn't blow chunks then I don't mind it visiting Holla Forums.

Its like what Aang Said about crabs inhabiting empty shells. And nothing is more of an empty shell then AT.

A lot of people say the same exact thing.
DC might as well hire Horikoshi to write Superman.

Ironic since All Might is supposed to be a homage to the Man of Steel and the American Superhero genre.

Ironic since All Might is supposed to be a homage to the Man of Steel and the American Superhero genre.

Also Tiger and Bunny. Also done better.

They don't just do Superman right. They do everything capeshit right. They've blown the fuck out of Marvel's concepts and made the X-Men look like overrated shit.

Horikoshi could write next great Jimmy Olsen series. My Hero Academia could be changed to "The SUPER Jimmy Olsen" and it would be almost the same. It's ridiculous.

What if stuff like My Hero and One Punch Man are just the start of a wave superheroes coming from Japan? Will Western cape publishers finally take a hint when Japan takes over their own genre?

Japan is no stranger to the superhero genre.

Japan has a lot of famous superheroes like Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Casshern, Gatchaman and the like.

Spider-Man was practically a blueprint for Japanese superheroes.

To be fair, it wasn't very hard to shit all over Xmen, what with his characters being relatable people who struggle with their own flaws while trying to better themselves and pursue their dreams.

I imagine All Might is what Superman would be like if DC didn't just handwave the fact that he can't metabolize the microscopic Kryptinite fragments that have been building up inside his body all these years.

They've had a hideout here for a couple of months

The artist for One Punch Man has been doing covers for Spider-Man collections released in Japan.

They'll never take the hint.

It'll be just like when manga blew the big two out of the water in the early 2000s. They'll acknowledge it, hire some manga artists to do some covers, or maybe even a mini series, but that'll be it. They'll never never take a hard look at what stuff like OPM and MHA does right and what they could learn from them.

I want those covers, holy shit.

I think the real problem with X-Men is when they lost the very clear nerve that X had found in the late sixties and mid seventies. Elevating Magneto to an implicit mutant Malcolm X to counter the explicit Xavier as Martin Luther King gave the very concept of mutant rights as storyline narrative strength. The X-men were outcasts, but they were heroic outcasts trying to do better than The Brotherhood. Each other X-group in turn became a reflection of that: Cable is the survivalist nutjob with X-Force, X-Factor is workaday shlubs, Excalibur and Alpha Flight are X-spooks with shady government overtones (with Excalibur specifically being one parts MI-6, one parts Arthurian. And groups like the Morlocks and Hellfire Club were supposed to show how the wealthy abused their powers or how some were disenfranchised by them.

When they started turning Xavier into a mind rapist monster, and started trying to turn Magneto from rival into hero it all fell apart. Now we have sniktbub snikting, rightclops righting, and all these other petty "we could be heroes, we could have stories" mutant groups who all hate each other and lack any sense of cohesive vision of the future, reflecting how Marvel doesn't know what the fuck to do with them either.

That's why the films are trying to masquerade thirty-year old storylines as new, because in the morass of intellectual property rights Marvel doesn't want to feed Fox when its owned by Disney, but also has no idea what to actually do with the X-men to make them any kind of good again.

The best thing they could do is drop the retarded Mutants vs Nonmutants shtick. It kind of worked when the black rights thing was going on, but it can't make sense in a world where other superheroes with similar powers who aren't "Mutants" are revered. It's pants-on-head retarded.

Make them a part of the Avengers.

If they changed Xavier's militarized child army into a rehabilitation center for people with disadvantageous or uncontrolled mutations, then you can put together a team of people with extremely niche abilities that fit the situation headed by one or more main line Avengers. It's Justice League Unlimited instead of Hogwarts.

That. They also need to change the dynamics of mutants themselves and make them the dispossessed. Comics are so obsessed with skin color that they've forgotten the core of the differential between the forces of oppression and the underdog is essentially economic.

If you actually look at the mutants they're either whiny white kids with problems, or entitled minorities from the suburbs.

They no longer directly interact with the inner city, or have civilian lives. They neither aid the poor nor represent those in need. They're just powerful people punching powerful people.

The best example of this? Emma Frost. She's a stuck up wealthy cunt with mind powers, diamond powers, and a suite of stepford children psychics who do whatever she wants and want to be just like her. Presented with the poor and the weak? She disdains them because she's both the beautiful and the powerful and doesn't respect anyone who is less than she is. That's not a heroic character no matter how much moral angst they try to layer on.

Don't forget tgat she's also a rapist.

This is why Holla Forums is objectively the worst and most cucked board.

Looks like someone wasn't paying attention. We're talking about capeshit because there are Animes currently running that are better at superheroes than Big 2 capes, and we're talking about one way that Capeshit can be more Cape and less Shit.

Less shit is still shit, user. Putting more cape into it doesn't change the fact that there's shit underneath it.

Ah, but this sort of thing doesn't happen overnight. Just like the decline of superhero genre, it will take decades of small changes in order to rise out of tge sewer it currently resides in. Every small step forward is progress.

Assuming, of course, that the Big 2 don't just collapse and get replaced by a group that knows how to write good fiction again.

The way I see it Manga and Anime aren't expressly superior to western comics and capeshit in particular, but there are a number of factors that seem to contribute to a higher instance of regular quality:

1. Dedicated fanbases. 'Muricans can be obsessive, but we've got nothing on Asian fanaticism for their subject matter which can buoy up companies that would otherwise crash with their mismanagement which they take strains to hide.

2. A less industrial working environment. This isn't to say there isn't anime or manga made on an assembly line, there very much is, but there's also an active culture of small press and locally made manga by dedicated teams and artists or authors interested in producing new content. The good stuff gets picked up by anime companies, the okay stuff still sells but doesn't leave Asia except as fan subs, and the bad stuff just dies there. In the west there is very little inducement for authors and artists to try to get into comics outside of schlepping for one of the bigger companies, to their detriment.

3. Internal consistency. Even if the writing isn't the greatest on occasion, anime characters are characters within the context of their setting. Even in series that change story to story like Tenchi, they remain consistent in their changes. In the west, and in cape stories specifically, characters are not characters but ciphers intended to appeal to the widest network of individuals for the most potential money even though this makes the characters bland and uninteresting.

4. Exoticism. Even today, Manga and Anime has the patina of foreignness to give it a boost. Western comics in the American west rely so heavily on American concepts that in our incredibly superficial society that anything different no matter how minor is lauded as new and unique. Quite literally hipster trash who lack discriminating perspectives assume and present every manga and anime as excellent because it's different regardless of its actual quality.

What this means is each factor stacks on the previous one until they form a tapestry of fail.

Looking for something new people find anime and manga that seems more nuanced by being internally consistent, made by artists and authors who are actively invested in the process rather than just doing it for a paycheck, with rabid fanbases. So of course Capeshit looks like shit even as the manga industry is dying from its own stagnation due to a lack of storycraft innovation. Stuff like One Punch Man is so ridiculously good expressly because it defies the mold.

There's also the cost and size of the book to consider.

Comics are 20-something pages, shaped like magazines, full of color, fragile, and packed full of ads. $3-$4

Manga are 100-something pages, shaped like paperbacks, black and white, sturdy, and have ads on the inside of the covers. $8-$12

Manga just looks more apealing because of it's book.

He also made a prefect Part 3-style Jotaro replica for Naruto's 20th (I think?) anniversary, even after Araki admitted he wouldn't be able to himself. He's a good artist.

Actually it was JoJo's 25th

Went looking and found what you were talking about. He fucking nailed it.

I always thought the X-Men were better off having their own separate Universe for that reason.

I think so as well, but Sniktbub is so deeply entrenched in the rest of the universe that they would never try to seperate them.

They worked for the cripple man

Dear God.

It's a shame, the united Marvel Universe is such a clusterfuck with an overconvoluted mess trying to fit everything together.

WHERE HAVE WE GONE WRONG

I can't shake the feeling I'm being subjected to subliminal programming.

In the West, comics are no longer a real business. Long gone are the days of Jack Kirby and Alex Toth. The really good cartoonists are now working as concept artists, storyboarders, or general animators because that's where the real money is. To get into comics now has to be a personal choice, which is why we're seeing an explosion of independent work while the mainstream publishers scraping the bottom of the barrel to find cheap talent to work for them.

Kek. That shit's better than any western comic cover. Also that Chrysler Building cover, its so freaking beautiful.

This fucking shit right here.

t. antispirals

Let the spirals overtake you. Become one with the spirals. BECOME THE SPIRALS. The spirals are all. The spirals are life. The spirals are perfection.

No /a/ here. officer. This is a Christian board.

That's how it used to be on many boards.

You try to have a discussion on something relevant to the board's main subject matter, and all sorts of tangentially related stuff starts flooding out the woodwork.
You start a completely irrelevant thread and somehow everything clicks into the board's topic, but still preserving a light-as-air connection to the irrelevancy on which it started.

I miss when that was a more common occurrence.

That's a scary thought. Doesn't seem like it'd make for a very good container of liberal ideas, though, so maybe it'll be safe.
…Unless they introduce a handful of new characters, maybe throw some better characters away and turn one of the Eds into a black girl.

Now you're just pushing it /a/.

New characters, and then they make more episodes about Jimmy.

Then we learn Plank's pronouns and/or he goes through a gender identity crisis.

We thought the same thing about Powerpuff Girls and look what happened. Nothing is safe.

This. Also Plank would most likely be used as the Unicorn/Princess Cookie/Token Special Gender kid of the Eds. Jimmy would probably not be used as the token fag. They would probably do that to Edd and Eddy just to appease the Rebecca Sugar faggots who loved her yaoi art.

I wonder if they could even draw Plank on-model through the spectrum of complex expressions.

Okay seriously, just give capeshit to Japan. They can save what little dignity and golden age purity they have left.

They'd probably make it so Johnny redraws his face with crayon every scene with that damn CalArts grin.

It was obvious enough that one could throw in new villains in PPG to make certain kinds of people look bad or have the girls react to them in a specific way, but I wouldn't have expected it to be this bad, no.
Ed, Edd 'n Eddy doesn't really have this nice slot for strawman-of-the-week, as it is all about the cast. That would mean fucking up the cast in an extreme manner and fleshing out permanent unfunny stereotypes to erase any real character they have, but the usual paperthin caricatures employed lose their punch after a very short amount of time and don't have any staying power. Probably would involve actual effort to keep them around for any while at all, really. So that'd probably mean also fucking with the format and having new people come and go on a whim, making sure nothing ever needs to be thought out at all.

I don't see a way it could be remade by these progressive fucksticks that wouldn't involve fucking it up much, much worse than PPG.

Instead of scheming to get jawbreakers, tgey scheme to take revenge on the homophobic, transphobic, and racist people in the neighborhood.

They would probably fuck it up by introducing more than just the Cul De Sac kids. Maybe even fucking adults. The thought alone sends horrific chills down my spine. Just let the dead rest in peace for goodness sake.

Scheming and being capitalists is also problematic, shitlord. The Eds antics would probably be reduced to them making up new ways to "have fun". Maybe they'd do something stupid and generic like making the Eds extreme sports fans.

Most of what we do here is picking over the dead like vultures.
One can blame any number of far reaching things for why the industry is borderline dead now.
We don't have animation seasons.
I watch at least one new episode of one new anime every day of the week.
inb4 shit taste
Fantasy groundhogs day
Spy thriller period piece shit
Derivative demon fighting anime
Comedy
Horror
JoJo
Derivative quirky school anime only this one is about capes.

There are others I watch and when the spring season is over I'll probably binge watch others I dropped too early or never even gave a chance.
Not every anime is a masterpiece but every single one is more entertaining than every cartoon airing right now.

What does one really have to look forward to with cartoons?
Steven Universe coming back and having 1 new episode every Thursday for maybe a month or 2 before another long hiatus.
A cartoon mind you filled with SJW ideology shit.
What else is there?
The crapass Ben 10 reboot that got pushed back to 2017 for North America?
The 2nd season of Star Vs. with no release date?
Some other show about a kid with a mild form of autism?

No.
I'm not going to limit myself to that out of some misplaced nationalistic or cultural pride.
So why am I not on /a/?
Because /a/ is an insufferable hive of weebs.
I went to my local comic con.
Nobody was selling comics or comic affiliated merch.
It was just an excuse for fat retards to dress up as their favorite animes en masse and glomp each other while they sqwee.
The 2 drunk guys at the door hassling everyone in costume were doing a public service as far as I'm concerned.
On the horizon is a killing joke movie that just doesn't look all that good to me, but I will be in thread after thread giving opinion after opinion before I go on /a/ and talk with a horde of moe' loving tweens about any great late 90s anime, what dubs actually managed a decent job and why K-on was a bad anime.

Its sad that shows with genuinely terrible people as the protagonists are few and far between nowadays

The closest thing to something in the vein of EEnE nowadays I can think of is Its Always Sunny, as fucking tangential as that may sound

Trips of Truth,

Western Animation is becoming an industry of vastly decreasing returns for such a long wait

These networks bank on what works and milk it for years and years on end, look at what CN's lineup has been for the past 6 years

Meanwhile Japan is constantly experimenting, and giving new concepts a shot season after season, yah maybe it doesn't always work out, but at least you got a decently complete 13-26 episode story rather than Potato Face, Noodle Arm, le whacky status quo shit

Genndy's coming back with Samurai Jack.

Dreamworks Voltron looks interesting.

Fuck… how far we've fallen…

Nothing can compare to the Eds.

Voltron was my favorite mech capeshit superhero anime.

Why is it getting rebooted by westerners?

Nostalgiabucks are big bucks.

Better question is "What isn't getting rebooted?"

Sad reality, fucking everything is getting rebooted or getting a 10+ year after the fact sequel/continuation

I can't tell if its creative bankrupt investors trying to appeal to nostalgia fags to save face or if its a last ditch effort after all original ideas have been exhausted

When both Sym-Bionic Titan and Batman: Brave And The Bold weren't renewed in 2011, I knew this time was coming. Quality action cartoons are the life blood of Holla Forums. Without them, we're dead.

Because Netflix wants to take over the television market. So far it looks miles better than Nickelodeon's crappy Voltron Force, though it could also go the way of Thundercats 2011.

Online streaming sites seem to be the best way to save cartoons.

They're even rebooting films and franchises that are barely a decade old. That shows how fucking desperate they are. We've reached the bottom of the fucking dried up well.

What a fucking waste of potential. Also Voltron Force was probably the second worse thing Nick did in terms of "reboots" after that Speed Racer reboot.

It wasn't just a waste of potential. It was insulting on every level possible.

How the fuck are you supposed to sympathize with characters who act like THIS?

I WANT /a/ TO LEAVE!!!!!

nah, you guys can stay, I know that the alternative for you is 8/a/

please don't remind me user

Thundercats 2011 was the start of the "lets shit on the main character that has any common sense" trend

Though in truth I blame the weeb writers that watched Evangelion for that

Yes, fucking desperate to avoid taking any risks. No new properties, just old shit given a new coat of paint.

Maybe the upcoming failure of Ghostbusters will scare them into new mindset. I doubt it, but one can hope.

No. Everyone must be reminded, otherwise they'll start saying it was a good show.

Such a waste too, one of the last few action shows with good animation

Warn me before you post such disgusting imagery!

Its like live action movie makers afraid to hire new talent even if a young rookie actor or writer has great skill just because they're afraid the name won't sell without even considering that this may be the start of a new cash cow. There is no hope left for the industry.

It started off so great in the first part, but then the second part turned to shit. After that it was just hit and miss episodes with some nice ones but eventually the entire plot shifted to "LETS SHIT ON LION-O 24/7!". In the next season they started to deviate from that a little and actually imply that Tygra was going to be a villain, but then they fucked that up by having Lion-O cucked again by freaking Mum-Ra, throwing away the Tygra goes to the dark side schtick and then reminding us how awful the main characters all were for abandoning their destroyed kingdom and subjects for an aimless revenge trip.

and again I'll blame the weeb writers that watched Evangelion, same cucks that write AT, think shitting on the main character is perfectly acceptable in any context and makes a good story automatically

dense fucking retards I tell you what

You sneaky dog, you.

On the topic of /a/ vs Holla Forums, I think it eally just comes down to popularity. In japan, anime is as popular if not more than regular television, and manga is read by almost everyone. It's a massive and diverse industry, which means that while most of it is derivitive fluff, probability and the sheer amount of content facilitates a stable flow of genuinely good stuff, as well as the money attracting actual talent. Here in the US, animation is seen as only for infants and the mentally-challenged, and iterally no one reads comics anymore. Then, when you DO get something good like any of the great cancelled action series or regular show and adventure time, they either get cancelled for not being cost-effective or spawn a decade-long wave of shitty clones with 0 inspiration beyond "do that thing because it makes money"
The western Holla Forums industry is just too small and unpopular

That's because /a/ doesn't allow for anything else.

I'm pretty sure this is not true at all

The man with dubs speaks the truth

Can we really blame Eva? Like, do you really think they actually watched the entirety of that anime?

A lot of these faggots don't strike me as particularly cultured, so I have my doubts about that theory.

On AT's case it's more clear, S6 final episode tried to rip-off Evangelion shamelessly
But we already have a jojo thread for that topic..

Oh of course not, I assume most of them just fanboy/girl over Asuka and hate Shinji and thus think shitting on the main character is a perfectly acceptable thing to do in their shows because their barometer for "BEST SHOW EVER" is a character drama written by an autist that made shit up as he went along

except like you said, they didn't watch the rest of the show and realize Shinji is fucked in the head (arguably even more because of Asuka's treatment of him) and Asuka is selfish piece of shit

>Tfw no one to talk to about eva with

Oh not to mention all the shamless rip-offs or "homages" to it in AT and SU as pointed out

These people are stupid so it doesn't really matter how much they watched it since they're never going to get Evawhich really is shameful since Eva fucking tells you what it's about. So they just ape elements from it like making your male lead's life go to shit and rambling on about some nonsense about identity boundaries.

Hello Holla Forums have you seen this autistic child?

Judge for thyself, my dear user

Don't remind me of that shit, man.

If I used to think Eva wasn't all that pretentious, that poorly made "homage" made me wise up.

user, please I'm tempt to start recommending chinese robot cartoons

What is it about?

Then do it, ya grot !

Doesn't he have a girl's name?

Fantasy is shit because what you feel isn't real, so even though the real world can hurt you sometimes, its worth living for because you know what you feel isn't just made up

Literally said, practically verbatim in RoE by Rei

*EoE, not Rebuild

Omedetto.

Satan compels me, be warned a lot of them are old, we're talking 80s and possibly older

Predecessor to Votoms, made by the same studio and guy, 70 eps or so long, plods on but the story is good,

Avoid the remake of Zeta ( A New Translation or known as ANT), TV ver or compilation movies of original MSG are fine, though movies lose some things like Gyan fight. Avoid AGE, SEED, SEED Destiny. Watch MS Igloo OVAs and MS Igloo 2 OVAs

The remake done by Imagawa, if you've ever seen G gundam you'll know Imagawa, The show is known in the west as Gigantor, though Gigantor had all references to post-WWII Japan scrubbed from it, worht a watch, bit of a sad show

another remake by Imagawa, solid, JP version has a very unique seiyuu for Daisaku, like typical Imagawa fair, there's a bunch of calls to other shows by the same creator, though in this case it might be hard to spot (outside a specific character if you watched Tetsujin first)

more recent, a product of Tomino in one of his "happy moods", good over all story

80s anime and it shows, good watch, another Tomino product, mecha designed by Mamoru Nagano.

Another 80s mecha, Robots in this one are powered by "aura energy" which going by the show, seems heavily muted in the world of Byston Well, also the machines are hinted at early on to be built with actual living animal parts

I'll stop there and include this image, just pick shit and watch it

No GaoGaiGar ?

look in the image, might want to delete your post, I just got tired of listing everything I've watched or is in my backlog

Hell, that's not even my most recent folder

THIS is my recent show folder, Japanese SUPAIDAHMAN a MUST WATCH

It's about how people are miserable because they're dumbfucks who can't cope with their problems healthily so they spread it around and since everyone is making each other miserable they're all alienating themselves from other people and becoming lonely blah blah blah. It's not really that deep and is more about Anno's mental problems than anything else.

That or I just missed it

it's meh, only real good scenes are the Torrington base fight and when the Gallus fights

outside that it's rather forgetable

I rather enjoyed it for the scenes with the grunt suits but that's just me. All the gundam romeo/Juliette stuff kind of made all the series the same to me. Unicorn was the only one to me that showed some love to the faceless grunts which made it one of my favorites.

the only gundam show with a ham fisted Romeo and Juliet love plot is 8th MS team and that's because the original director DIED 3 episodes in.

Also in the novel version Kiki (the red haired guerilla girl) gets raped by feddie soldiers and kills herself by biting off her tongue and drowning in her own blood.

I keep IBO around a a reminder that something worse than Gundam AGE exists

Your name is girlier though.

The music was pretty good though.

That reminds me that I haven't finished GoGo V

I dunno user. 0079 had Amuro/Lala, Zeta had Camille/Four, Unicorn had Banagher/Mineva, SEED had a few but I forget the character names, 00 had hallelujah/some girl I forget as well as Saji/Louise…
It seems to be something the series can't get away from if you ask me.

8th had it the worse, with Lahlah it wasn't just Amuro and that's pretty much written off as newtype awakening bullshit, which got replicated in other shows, but 8th MS team it became pretty much the entire focal point of the last few episodes and the epilogue ep

another good point

I need to get Kamen Rider V3 again, not a cartoon, but still

Shit gets me every time. I admit I mainly watched Unicorn mostly for the music.

Im a newbie overall to Anime, and Gundam especially (I have only watched War in the Pocket, the Two Origin films, and 8th MS Team), but was the romance that awful? I mean it wasn't anything to write home about, but I didn't feel it ruined the short series.

He was also clinically depressed and just liked to fuck with his fans when writing Evangelion.

He even said that there is no real deep meaning, shinji was a self insert of his depressed self and the Christian symbolism was there simply because he thought they looked "cool and mysterious".

Dude was also a master ruseman that tries to piss off his fans on purpose and even claims to hate Evangelion fans.

no arguement there. That series genuinely disappointed me.

again I'm not so sure, He seemed pretty attached to her, but I'll have to never rewatch it maybe.

Sawano is a god when it comes to music. It's too bad his music usually can't save the shows he works on.

It comes off as a gimmick, but it wasn't the worst thing about it imo.

The guy stated it numerous times that he was fucked up and just used the show to vent his depressed faggotry. The fact that Eva became such a hit was purely an accident because of shits who overestimated what is essentially an anime made by IRL Shinji. The manga was better however, but still nothing to brag about. Also the waifufags helped to keep the undeserved praise for NGE alive just to keep their supply of waifu merch in production.

I always keep The Battle and Mobile Suit in every device I have that can play music.

I think you also have to remember that he hates his fans because his fans are the very people he was using Eva as a medium to tell them "stop watching mech shows and jacking off to 14 year olds and live life you degenerate homos"

EoE is a little more blunt about that message

but for the most part you're completely right, people give the show's symbolism too much credit, Anno threw it in basically just cuz'

And he made a pretty decent character drama almost completely by accident, which is almost sort of impressive in it of itself

This is some kind of twisted joke
EVA became popular by accident and with it, it damned the mecha genre forever, being held as some kind of holy scripture and a standard for every show after it
A kinda similar story with Watchmen and TDKR if you think about it

Pic Related

Unicorn has excellent art design, animation and music. It's worth watching just for the sheer spectacle of it.

Still, though, good taste.

Do you understand how fucked we are if Samurai Jack fails?

The best part?

Eva was supposed to be Anno openly mocking the mecha genre and its fanbase

and yet he attracted those very same people, and then just fucking ran with it because money fixed that depression pretty fucking fast

Holy shit that Gundam is my favorite but FUCK.

The 1st half is fucking fantastic you think were gonna get some Tour of War Gundam then fucking ANINA.

The show had the sunrise curse hardcore since the producer or someone died midway though.

And he managed to do irreparable damage to the genre as a whole

The ultimate "fuck you, you degenerate homos" no?

And thanks to that, to this day we have people claiming this as the greatest mecha anime (if not the greatest anime) ever while /a/ still has Rei vs Asuka threads. Its been more than 10 fucking years and this shit is still going.

Beyond reasoning. Especially if it turns out to be anything like the PPG or Teen Titans reboots.

And thats the base problem I see with subversions.

One of the only way I see EVE as working as an insult to Waifufags and the general grass eaters of Japan.

But as a subversion it only exists as a twist. Its nothing on its own. I watched EVE as one of my very first Animes, and I was just baffled because I was not familiar with the things it was parodying. Which speaks into why most audiences not already part of the anime community who don't just watch studio Ghibli films don't comprehend anime. I could show the 8th MS team to a film professor (Who had never seen anime before) for example and they would say "Well thats a series", but I can show them EVE and the reply would be "The Hell is this shit?".

Anime is full of shit tropes. Just outright bad storytelling tropes and basic failures of character development. And anime used to be so much better. It might have had rigidity in some places, but it wasn't THIS bad. Characters where characters, not character archetypes, or "Clever subversion of Character archetypes".

Its like its just going through the motions.

Its like you have this friend who is a cool guy and drinks sometimes. And he jokes about how can't stop. And you just play along.
"Oh buddy, you so whacky!"
And for a while you find it funny as well. But at one point in time you jokingly ask if he can even stop drinking and hes like "Yeah, like im some Alchoholic LOLZ", and you ask him "Well can you?", and he brushes it off a bit to aggressively. And you get worried.
And then a month later the guy is still drinking heavily. Garbage is piled around his apartment, and his entire life is slipping. You visit him and tell him he has a serious problem but he continues to try to brush it aside. But you can tell he is using jokes to brush aside the fact that he has serious problems.

Thats Anime. Its from a culture with serious problems. But No anime wants to acknowledge that because all its cash comes from otaku. Do you think something like "Welcome to the NHK" could come out today?

At best it will probably be dark and gritty with an edgier Jack who curses more frequently. Like what they did with Tom.

Damn. I meant at worst.

I'm more upset of the unneeded praise that it gets

I like it, it has some good aspects, It CAN be fun "Kid beats shit up in a mech" show from time to time, and I think the fact that they show the characters feeling remorse, regret, and pain over their jobs is actually pretty god too bad Anno admits this was completely on accident but then they have a bunch of episodes exploring the psycho-sexual aspect Shinji to hide behind the fact that they ran out of money to animate the fight scenes

I actually find the fairly simple message that most people are too dense to get since there's so much needless symbolism literally thrown in your face while its being explained to you word for fucking word to be a pretty good message, except Anno didn't seem to take his own advice and just sells the fuck out because the property was unexpectedly lucrative

and so he plays into the otaku culture, that he went into the show actively mocking, and gives them their 14 year old Sex symbols

He sells them their Asuka and Rei figmas to hotglue

He sells them the mech replicas to put on their shelves

and worst of all he kills the genre as a whole by making it inaccessible as fuck due to all the aforementioned psycho-sexual aspects

TL;DR: Eva is okay, the praise it gets for things people have just made up in their own minds is ridiculous, and Anno is a slant-eyed jew that sold out as soon as he saw there was money in selling to waifufags

It hurts. Who knew it would all turn out this badly for not just the genre but anime in general…

and cartoons too. don't forget this little gem from autism time

Its always the first one to get it sorta right that inspires all the clones that get it completly wrong

I will defend Eva for alot of things, but the concept of a show being purely for the purpose of "deconstruction of a genre" is the single most cancerous thing to come into the industry since moe, everything nowadays is some sort of satire or parody on the tropes of whatever is super popular at the time, and than it becomes self-parody and the cycles continues

But to Japan's credit its not all bad, and there's tons that break the mold

Its much worse in western animation though, everything is "lol irony" nowadays and its purely nauseating

I'm not sure if I should excited or not.

and that's why /m/ is the superior anime/manga board

If you want "REALISM" in Gundam, I highly suggest MS Igloo, which follows a Zeon technical evaluation unit

They used it to push the newtype angle thing with Amuro "awakening"

Still non Gundam you need to take a look at the v2 list i posted and pick something, a lot of it is amazing

They'll botch it just like every other modern adaptation of classic animu so far.

BEEP BEEP! OUT OF THE WAY ASSHOLES! MOTHER FUCKING SHAMBLO COMING THROUGH!

Posting some Igloo, getting past the uncanny valley CG, the OVA is a good one

Step aside Zeke, let the SpecOps as fuck Feddies through

"Hey guys! Can we join?"

it's because it's not /a/ at work here

Feddie "ARR ROOK ARIKE" shit
Reminder feds didn't have MS tech till they started reverse engineering captured and damaged zakus

Fun fact: there are old SD gundam shorts that are 2D and animated and have no barring to the CGI abomination

if you WANT to look at another CGI SD gundam I'd suggest the adaptation they did of 'Romance of the three kingdoms' they did; Brave Battle Warriors

What a hilarious waste of perfect quads.

Man MS Igloo is REALLY ugly.

Maybe 5 years into the future we will look at everything animated in CG now and call it ugly as well.

And this is why I'll wait another decade for a Fist of the North Star remake
I don't want it to suffer through the shit of the current age

basically it started life as a short attraction thing for their little Gundam museum, but turned into a full blown OVA, it's from about 2006, still a good story line if you can get past the CGI and it gave us the Zudah, one of my favorite Zeon throw aways

Fun fact:

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH A SHONEN POWER!

What if this horrid age never ends?

Im trying, and I always love realistic mecha, but its so ugly Im having trouble understanding where things are taking place and the sense of scale!

Then there's only one option left

Still love how they had to change names around for the EN dub, also a fun fact about G gundam, Win and After War X

Those three shows are from a time where BANNAM was exercising executive meddling with the Gundam franchise and thus wanted to rebrand the series to push more toys, G was the first of the trio, with Wing close behind and then X

The problem ultimately was that they showed each show one after the other, so as G ended, wing began, and as wing ended X began.

X got a rough deal and had to end it in less episodes than normal, still did an AMAZING JOB

The Zudah ep, those poor Zakus

I never actually liked how stupidly huge Gundam's mobile suits were. The only show that I can recall off of the top of my head that had reasonably-sized mechs was "Fullmetal Panic!" It's too bad the show was kind of meh, with the ending being all levels of retard

I AM NOT A CHILD

So you're just autistic then?

We are running out of options!

considering all fed suits are just "GM variant" speaks volumes, in terms of performance GMs were "jack of all trade" suits and never really excelled, why do you think the Aqua GMs stationed at Torrington got raped so easy by late OYW marine mobile suits? Zeon suits are designed for a given role

Dom? Rapid assault
Gouf/Efreet? CQC
Zaku? The all arounder
Acguy? Stealth MS
Z'Gok? Aquatic use MS with the ability to tear holes in a sub or even another suit

Most fed suits are just "GM with something slapped on it for role"

The mono-eyes are fucking cool and you know it.

That was the final nail for Autism time for me, and I thought it couldn't lose any more dignity after that

… AND THEN FINN KILLED HIMSELF !

Personally I hate Mechs in space or Mechs in the air. It looks so stupid.

Whatever advantages a person can have are lost, and your just left with stupid looking DBZ fights with giant robots.

What about mechs in water?

I don't remember a Zaku scremaing for 8 episodes before fighting, also limbs have a proper use in space as a means of righting or moving around without an external thruster pack, AMBAC is a thing

GMs strike me as the American M4 Sherman, While all of the Zeke stuff is like German Meme Machines that waste precious war materials that don't do the job all that much better than the GM in the first place. Zakus were good when killing cars was all they had to do but they soon were proving to fail. Then The Sleeves tried to come up with all these weird meme machines that somewhat overlapped (didn't Acguys and Z'Goks both go underwater?)

No, don't even pretend it looks cool. It's like pinkeye, but worse. Because you only have one.

Well against giant Cthulu monsters could look entertaining.

No they don't. The amount you could right yourself with limb movement could be achieved with much higher precision with jets. Which Mechs still have in space, just in limited areas.

If the mechs where just Super Fast Fighter Planes, they would play out equally as well in their Battles.

wew kill yourself lad

That's the thing, Zeon had some serious management issues, between the officers fucking over people (M'Quve not giving Ramba Ral the Doms is a prime example) to being low on resources and not openly admitting to it, thus we get things like the oggo, that was so hastily constructed the rotational parts that held the weapons had a high rate of failure and would lock up

Wishing you had limbs now don't you?

So does any machine asshole.

I like the current art style for Jojo, but it pains me that he can't draw the older characters without them looking like androgynous models.

Are you sure its not a "Doesn't want too" as opposed to can't?

That has to be laziest VA I have ever seen in my whole life. And I have watched fandubs on youtube.

Try 20. The anime finished airing on japan in 1996

Its been that long.

Time sure does happen. So much has changed. Sadly not for the better.

But there is always hope. Something to give fighting spirit into all the nations with a clue of humanity.

wew
Why is everything so fucking shit? The last animes I more or less enjoyed were Shinsekai Yori and Erased, even if both had their issues.

Going through the motions.

Anime is becoming increasingly ridged. With new creators being those that study Anime first, and maybe some story structure along the way from an internet forum (Maybe).

Its a self perpetuating cycle. Anime gets watched more by pathetic otakus, so it gets focused more too them, and so gets only watched more by them, which makes the anime even more far out in terms of pathetic, incredibly primitive wish fulfillment and deviant fetish waifus.

In a sense Anime is suffering from VERY similar problems that comics are right now, even if /a/ doesn't want to admit it.

Anime now is all about sucking its own dick as anime, or just saying fuck it, and indulging in the anime version of hedonism. The breakout stories are the ones where the creator decided to actually write something, not just say "Well its anime, its OK if this aspect is shit".

Megas XLR is one of the best Mechas of all time.

Megas XLR is the greatest mecha anime.
Eva fags are tasteless.

True, both anime/manga & cartoons/comics are at a decline unfortunately.

Too much shit is being animated by both mediums and the good mangas & comics are few and would probably never get adapted to animation.

well "good" is subjective

I think a big problem is as we deviate from traditional animation methods we're seeing a lot more cheaply made shows on both sides of the world that try to appeal to the lowest common denominator

I trust Genndy, but I doubt Cartoon Network has the proper resources make it on par with the previous series.

Though the idea that a bunch of tumblr animators are going through Tartakovsky boot camp working on this is amusing.

Don't do this to me Holla Forumsmrade.

What I'm fed up is that people always assumed I liked fucking anime just because I have autism.
I don't care fotr your naruto moe shit or dragon ball Y.
I just like watching spongebob, loony tunes and 90's Nickelodeon.
I WANT THESE FUCKING TUMBLRS TO FUCK OFF WITH THEIR SHIT ANIME AND TUMBR TOONS AS WEL

Don't you have some homework to do or some TF2 to play ,young man?

fuck off weeb, you watch your same archtypal cartoons wirrth the same characters.
no matter how strong your stupid gokus get, the enemies are slightly stronger and lose by bullshit power fo friendship. somehow the mc becomes strongest beyond the universe.

now let me go next with your weebshit and why it's fucking stupid and dull.
it because of its derivative degenerate bullshit. It doesn't try to be creative because that isn't what sells to the legions of otakus that desire to be metaphysically fingered by a cute 2d waifu rather than enjoy a good, quality story. Thats why its degenerate

I dunno, are you?

You doubt our trust in Genndy? A master of cartoons and a nice guy overall? The fact of the matter is that it's almost 70% certain that CN or whatever hacks he's forced to work with will fuck everything up. If he was allowed to do a mature Samurai Jack back in early 00s it would've been perfect, with boundless creative freedom, a team made up of good friends, while not having to be forced to rely on fan input or a cheap animation budget. But this is a new terrible era where everything you love is likely to get fucked in the most brutal way possible.

wew lad

As far as I remember, he said he forgot how to draw in his old style.

See:

Quality stuff.

Don't argue with trips, faggot.

Why don't you go back to your little Tumblrverse thread where these mean old discussions that go outside your comfort zone can't trigger you.

Do you have autism? What makes you think I'm even from this board let alone a pleb who would watch Cartoon Network kike shit?

What's going on in here? Can't we just go back to talking about gundams and animation decline?

This scene makes me so fucking angry, every other sentence is a meaningless tangent even within the context of this stupid dialogue. It's like the writers decided that for something to be deep means for them not to be able to understand it and so philosophy in popular media ends up being meaningless gibberish like those ancient anatolians who copied words from minoan onto shit but since they couldn't read it ended up being unrecognizable scribbles.

All acording to his evil scheme of ruining mecha forever
What a fucking asshole…

well they fully "destroyed" the genre if you count TTGL since most mdoern "anime" fans will have most likely seen it, and then claim it's the best and how it's amazing, yet won't watch any source material it takes from or the best part is how a lot of people claim "it's a love letter to mecha", these same people have only ever watched shit like SEED and gundam wing so it's laughable

Funnily enough in the Super Robot Wars series, most games with Eva in it have Shinji manning the fuck up, and I think it's 3rd alpha where he tells Space Jesus Yamato himself to stop being a faggot and straighten up

Thanks for nothing, Shinji

Kek,
Really ?

And then he made EoE.

Anno is the fucking George Lucas of anime. He was a hack back then but he was a hack that knew what he was doing. Now, he's just a plain old hack.

…That explains a lot

No, I didn't really mind the romance at all. 08th MS Team was clearly supposed to be a Romeo and Juliet story from the beginning. The point of episodes 2-5(or 6, I forget) was to show how different the worlds that Shiro and Aina came from were. The message of the show is that love can bring an end to war. That speech that Shiro and Aina give to the the Feddie and Zeon armies in episode 7 or 8 is the show telling you that message(even though everyone laughs at them immediately afterwards.)

It was never supposed to be a gritty, realistic, "War is hell!" story with "It Ain't Me" playing in the background. I would really like to see a Gundam like that, though.

Also, everyone saying that 08th MS Team has the worst romance in the franchise has never seen Stardust Memory.

this tbh fam

the only bad part is Nina is a turbobitch and that Gato did nothing wrong

but it wasn't, and we have no way of knowing,

Pretty much. I forget if it's in SRW or which one for that matter, but there is even Domon offering to teach Shinji martial arts

Was the best love triangle in the franchise G Gundam?

I don't watch gundam for the romance sub-plot

also love love tenkyoken was actually the place holder name supposedly for the attack and they just didn't want to change it so it stuck

Come on now nigga, I like 0083 but it had a lot more problems than that.

No way of knowing what?

I'm thinking about going full anime soon. This summer I'll be sure to start with all the entry level stuff I've procrastinated with like one piece, code geass, death note, gurren lagann, etc.

Do everyone a favor and watch Berserk

animation was great, story was ok, Nina was the only point I saw that was fucking retarded, aside from Kou being a faggot

We have no idea what the original intention of 8th MS team was, people saying it was to be a romeo and juleit with robots only remember when the plot takes a heavy turn towards it after episode 4, which is when the show got a new director after the old one died

I agree with this user, the romance really didn't bother me and it was built up as opposed to stardust memory where Gato literally cucks Kou in the most forced love triangle in the history of anime. Honestly my least favorite part of 08th was the last episode with the newtype kids. They should have let us see how Karin, Eledore, and Sanders were doing after the war instead of wasting our time for 20 mins.

At least we got Battle in 3 Dimensions That was a fun short and we got to see the Gouf Flight Type in action.

Y-you can't be serious. Please tell me you're joking. I can understand if you don't like IBO, but AGE was literally cancer. Every single good thing from Gen 1 died in Gen 2 and then got worse from there.

Careful what you wish for, user.

Buckle up, there's 741 episodes as of this post.

Don't bother with watching trash like code geass.
It's very poorly written with characters doing unthinkably retarded things and filled with plot holes that will just leave you frustrated.

Do yourself a favor and watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood instead.

Oops Meant for

For the love of god, don't watch the One Piece anime. I like OP a lot, but the anime is unbearably slow and gets a whole lot worse at an arc 300(?) episodes in. There are definitely some scenes that are cool to see animated, but overall the anime isn't good. Toei realized they can milk OP with minimum effort animation.

Also, read/watch My Hero Academia, if you didn't get this down the first 100 times it was shilled.

Moe shit is still better than the garbage in the west and it isn't full of political or social bs. Also, even though I say "better", I mean it like: "dog shit isn't as bad to be around compared to toxic waste".

Might as well start sucking dicks while you're at it you filthy homo.

The hell are you even talking about? Did you even fucking watch it?

Fund it

Not the only franchise in that boat.

That's stupid. You're stupid. What she needs is a ponytail you blue-nosed freak.

They've always been like that since the late 80s and again after the 90s. Usually only forking over the big bucks to their most popular anime while using a cheaper budget for the rest. But now they don't even do that. One Piece has never looked worse. Same goes for Super and that shitty Marvel anime they did.

Are there really that many EVA influences in post 90s mecha? I am a pleb in that territory, but I thought it was still mostly Gundam doing its own thing.

A few Gundam stories since have taken some influence from EVA as well as shows like Raxephon and Genesis of Aquarion(though Aquarion was more parodying it rather than imitating it.) I could have sworn there was some EVA-esque stuff in Macross Frontier too, but I might be remembering wrong, it's been awhile since I watched that show.

Basically EVA caused a lot of anime, not just mecha, to become introspective and focused on the psychology of it's characters, rather than action or adventure. The problem is that most imitators forgot to make their characters or themes interesting. Personally I think the reason they did this was because EVA became popular around the time Japan's economic bubble popped, and it was cheaper to make shows about characters sitting in a room talking rather than fighting monsters or going on adventures.

Fuck NGE even more then… Also I'd like to blame Gurren Lagan for setting the bar higher for how ridiculous and stupidly over the top fights have to be nowadays. As if DBZ hadn't made fights even more annoying.

I thought the Gundam EVA was Blue Sentinel?

I think you mean Blue Destiny, which has a newtype's mind trapped inside of the EXAM system, causing the mobile suit to periodically go berserk and even attack allies. Though really, that is the only EVA like part of that series.

Or you could be referring to Gundam Sentinel, which I've never read but does have an important female AI that can take control of the main Gundam if the pilot is in danger.

I still remember when I first read about Gurren Lagann's "biggest mecha in all of anime" and had to see it for myself. That series is 40% adrenaline, 40% hype, 40% manliness, 20% feels and 40% bigass fighting robots.

That wasn't a compliment for TTGL. The fights in that shit were too fucking ridiculous and only cause more animes to try the same instead of just going for simply earth-based fights. Also take that entry-level hype shit elsewhere Kaminafag.

the EXAM doesn't openly attack, it's the chick trying to communicate

also the ALICE system in the Gundam Sentiel is basically an advanced AI implanted into the suit the pilots never learn about

The "love" subplot barely exists in the first 3 episodes

considering how the director of IBO flat out said that tekkadan would never lose or be in the wrong told me how ass it is, hell now that you mention it I'm likely to remove it

Go watch Panzer World Galient

But its still quite obviously the Gundam equivalent of Romeo and Juliet.

Well, fuck me. I enjoyed the first season, but that's awful. I was hoping they'd actually address some of the morally grey actions taken in the show thus far Orga's coup and executing members of the PMC's leadership; Mika brutalizing Carta and her subordinates, etc.

What part of "the original director died and they brought in a new one" is hard to understand?

Nope, Tekkadan good boys, they dindu nuffin

for non gundam, I recently finished Panzer World Galient, worth a view, very short at only 25 episodes, what is today considered a "full series"

Shute is the best Gundam protagonist ever and SD Gundam is the best Gundam show ever.

4 was the last episode released publicly before he died, but he had already finished working on 5 and 6 before then.

You know what? I'll give SD gundam force one thing. It's that it flat out said that Char was a fucking tool that had no friends.

Get a load of these fucking plebs.

Char is a brown nosed faggot.

You should watch the OLD SD Gundam shorts instead of that shit

I think your upset people watch more than whats just dubbed you nigger

wha?

So like the black american gang culture that rose after black people lost all their role models?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA