Female leads and the "sexist" male audience

So I'm hearing a lot of talk about how boys won't watch anything with a female main character.

In a world where the PowerPuff Girls was the shit over a decade ago, and bronies have been around long enough that they're not "breaking news" to most of the world.

I mean, did the typical boy, or even a significant minority of boys in the PPG target age range balk at the show even after watching them beat the shit of of something with their fingerless hands?

I never head of such a thing myself. I imagine their were a few outliers, but they didn't make themselves known to me.

So when people say that boys will reject cartoons, games, or anything just because the main character is female, I'm more inclined to think that it's a feminist projecting their own sexism onto boys.

What say you Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw
youtube.com/watch?v=kOMkl3ApTK0
youtube.com/watch?v=9a0U5_UulsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can barely tell the difference between bait and a serious post nowadays…

I remember that at 11yo I knew that PPG was the shit, yet I wouldn't want to be caught dead watching it because I knew the (sorry for the trope) girls show ghetto was strong here in Mexico.
It took me another 4 years to try Kim Possible.

I remember that at 11yo I knew that PPG was the shit, yet I wouldn't want to be caught dead watching it because I knew the (sorry for the trope) girls show ghetto was strong here in Mexico.
It took me another 4 years to try Kim Possible.

Boy test audiences reportedly didn't care LoK starred a girl, and we all know how that show ended up

The same thing, of course, cannot be said of about anime. Therefore, anime wins once again.

Let's see the scoreboard, shall we?
/a/: 13
Holla Forums: zero

zero
Zero
ZERO

difference being that kids watching PPG and Kim Possible are just boys who like action, kids watching Sakura Card Captor or Sailor Moon are just plain faggots

BUTTHURT
U
T
T
H
U
R
T

For the love of god don't respond to the Anime Bait. Just leave it there. Please!

Same sentiment but sadly it's rare to have a successful female lead show for the sole fact of toy sales.

You're not helping either just report the Goon and ignore.

Are you just now realizing this shit OP? It's never been an issue if the protagonist is a female. Feminists have only done more damage to the concept than anything else, I used to be totally cool with female characters, leads, they're some of my favorites actually. Shit, you posted a good deal of them. It was never a problem up until SJWs started pressuring people into changing their protagonists into political mouthpieces. Now every time I see a female lead I balk and view them with nothing but scrutiny.

TLDR;

Of course it's just feminist projecting you fucking slowpoke.

This reverse shilling attempt is really sad /a/. No amount of shitposting is going to slow the death of your cancer ridden board.

I truly believe that the Powerpuff Girls can take on the two. Like how can kids not think it's cool for a hero to turn into energy beams that fly around and destroy their enemies?

I was the same way when I was a kid in the states, think a lot of boys were. I'd watch the show all the fucking time but whenever it came up at school I'd sweat so loud you could hear it in the room over and laugh about how it was a show for girls.

That's also why the movie bombed so hard. The Powerpuff Girls had a fanbase that wouldn't be caught dead going to a theater to watch the movie.

This. Fuck sexist feminists for ruining female characters everywhere.

Ok, I really don't want to be that guy but I am going to say it.
All those shows are basically female characters doing what male characters in shows targeted to boys do.
So yeah, you could say that boys will reject shows and videogames with female characters and they will accept them only if those female characters act or do things that male characters do. Besides, didn't PPG started as a parody of all the violence in anime and comics?
And that is the thing about shows, female lead characters is a call for female audience and male lead characters is a call for male audience. In your example, all those shows have also a strong female audience.
"but boys watched it a lot" you would say. And you are right, but that doesn't invalidate the argument completely.
For example, each of those shows had toylines and other products. How many boys did actually buy those? how many boys dared to use PPG stickers, or notebooks or backpacks with female character cartoon on them?
If you say bronies, you are right too, but then again bronies are faggots.
So yeah, rejection, in this case, is not just something you would simple say it happens like (boy + show with girl as main character= rejection), it means that there is a whole situation that makes the boy think he has to reject something, or at least in public, even when he can simply enjoy it for what the show is.

PPG was the first "girl" show that i really liked, but for obvious boy reasons i'd never admit it.
True I rejected girl characters at first but I just needed to grow up a bit.

a few years later when I started watching avatar and I saw Toff. and that was the first time I was able to unashamedly admit that a girl was my favorite character on the show.

A character being male or female doesn't matter. What matters is if the character is written well.

to me great female characters are the ones that make me forget there specifically "female" since there actual character is more interesting then the fact they just so happen to be female.

as in the first thing I think of when I hear that characters name shouldn't be "girl"

And bronies think they had it hard.
Now try not only to watch a apparently girls show but also lie about not watching a show that it was actually good.
I bought with my money a PPG DVD and whenever I heard my parents were about to walk into my room I would put the scene in which Bubbles is tearing monster a new one in the simulation chamber.

I'll admit I made this a bit long. Sorry.

The blame (from feminists) should be laid on the network executives themselves. Their the ones who pick up the shows and reject or change them from their original pitches.

Or doing things like demanding the removal of female characters from the main cast and adding more male ones. Eg Motorcity, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes.

There's a lot of hands stirring the pot of creation, it's just some of those are invisible to the outside audience looking in. And the ones that are visible get the blame for anything "wrong" by their standards instead.

Hell, do you know what the irony is about the 3 shows you posted? They were all created by MEN.

McCracken has stated PPG was created to make a show like the Adam West batman where a kid could watch for action and adventure but an adult could watch for campy silliness.

The two men behind KP wanted to have a teenage character (that can do anything) and could inspire their daughters similar to how James Bond and Star Trek's Captain Kirk inspired them when they were both kids. And at one was even conceived a teen blonde bombshell Lara Croft like character before being vetoed by the executives.

And Renzetti created Jenny by merging his early ideas of a human teenager girl falling in love with a robot boyfriend by just making it a teenage robot girl.

The expanded demographic of MLP due to Bronies was a complete fluke. No one expected that show to get popular an older male audience.

And it never would have happened a decade earlier due to it being spread via imageboards, social media and watched on YouTube.

Same here, watch it at home but never mention it outside of home. Just a natural response to not making yourself a "target" for bullies to give you "flack" about it.

Everything feminism did and does, and everything it stands for is pure cancer. Throughout the history of Mankind women who actually had something worthy to do or say did do it and have said it and were either accepted or respected. From Hildegard von Bingen to Queen Victoria to the valkyries to Cleopatra to Saint Olga of Kiev, there never was oppresion of the female. The exceptional female would rise up by her own merits, the "common" was expected to perform other things. The Spartans regarded mothers as equal to the warrior since they put their lives on the line during birth, and the state would erect tombstones to those who died during childbirth - a privilege for those who sacrificed themselves for the state, for the people. Only soldiers who died in war and women who died in childbirth were awarded this. Just like the majority of men throughout time were shit peasents and cannon fodder the same holds true for women, just in different areas. There never was a mythical patriarchy to be fought against. Just civilization as such, and the people who hold it up.

Feminism destroyed and destroys everything that makes women women and worthy of our consideration, our love and acknowledgement. It takes a woman and creates a monster out of her, a merciless, repulsive and sexless creature that is neither a man nor a woman but a monster. They no longer want to be good sisters, good wives, good mothers or friends of boys and men, and they no longer offer their love in any of those cases. Feminism has rendered women wholly worthless and everything feminism did has done nothing but wage war and endanger civilization as such. Everything feminism did must be undone, and feminists themselves, be they these pseudo-women or numales must be thrown to the dogs. They no longer command any respect and they should be disregarded and shunned - totally, wholly, and without remorse.

Now onward.

These "I was a boy who was ashamed" thing baffles me. I'm a Croat who grew up in a total war. There was never ever a situation in which I was ashamed of watching PPG, or any show with a female protagonist. IMO, it is the USA of yesteryear that somehow made boys ashamed of this for what I assume was the already present threat of metaphorical castration (the political and social dawning of feminism and liberalism). But even that is probably bullshit, a invented "problem" to be solved by feminism. Just like everything else that is "problematic."

Inarguably the vast majority of female characters in Holla Forums media are pure feminist shit. But there were and are exceptions like the PPG, or XJ-9 and ATLA girls. The problem is Holla Forums and currently the whole of western civilization is saturated with political agendas and ideology. Japan will make a feminine girl who is powerful, but a woman. We will create a "I am womyn here me roar" cunt with no redeeming qualities and call it something ideal, something worth emulating and promoting. And this is the crux of the issue. We must first slay liberalism and then eviscerate any and all propaganda from our fiction.

Naturally dark theories can be spun from the mere existence of feminism and why it is a thing, and even if they are wrong their effect on our society coincides with the alleged plots. It must be killed either way.

Our women must be women once more, both in fiction and reality.

this. I never used to be bothered by female characters in action roles. i never even give it a second thought. now with tumblr cancer everywhere, I'm hyper aware of any stronk womyn bullshit. as soon as some "no nonsense" bulldyke struts onto the screen, you can't help but roll your eyes and think "oh this ought-a be good."

They had action in them to groom you for faggotry. It is that simple. They were steps along the path to where we are today, where positive male heroes are RARE. Making female characters that act like boys or do boy things is a huge mindfuck. That it is entertaining is just to make it easier to digest.

Children act more on instinct. You were ashamed of PPG because it was wrong, you just were addicted to the entertainment and now you excuse it.

This, a million times this. The boys would talk about Dexter's Lab and Ed, Edd 'n Eddy until the cows came home, but it was rare when we'd talk about the Powerpuff Girls beyond "it's a girl show for girls".

This would make feminists quiver with rage, but what they don't realize is that such a mindset is fucking normal for elementary-aged boys. It's not god damn systematic misogyny, it's a natural extension of "girls have cooties", which most boys grow out of. As an adult, I can say I enjoyed the PPG, but I'm not going to fault a little boy for turning his nose up at a "girl show".

It's not like feminists do anything to encourage change

Look at the fucking rage at bronies for 'taking the show away' from girls

If you gave him enough prep time he could probably beat fucking Lobo, Deadpool, Apocalypse, and Doomsday with both legs broken and battling cancer. That's how Batman is written now.

Why not make a show that stars a cute tomboy?

Then nobody will know she's a girl till they actually watch it.

The problem I had was no one watched cartoons, so no matter what, I would be belittled for watching kid's stuff. While I did find a few friends eventually who watched cartoons, none of us had any issue if an action cartoon had female protagonists.

It is literally a foreign concept for people to be fussy about the gender of protagonists in cartoons. The modern world making such a big deal about it is confusing and troubling to me.

It's not that much about if they are girls or not, it's what you do with them.

Action/adventure, fights being relevant, camaraderie,romance as an extension of it or even as comedic relief = shows boys will like
(consider how PPG was a superhero show by other name)

Romance, forming groups of friends, slice of life/school life, romance, boys, emphasis on social interaction and how girls can "do stuff" that's not fighting per se, or if they do there's often an emotional element attached to it (like self improvement, friendship or romance) = shows for girls.

The gif isn't sarcastic. I really do appreciate your post and think your insight is cool.

Who could be behind such trickery?

So, what you're saying is: boys and girls are generally different and are interested in different things.

Woah, man, this is a major revelation! I had no fucking clue!

De dónde es, mijo?
I remember watching the Rowdyruff boys episode and being completely unable to watch the ending. It irked me so fucking bad to see the badass grils that shot lasers out of their eyes and shit having to recur to acting like cute grils to win.

to be fair, ppg is better than capeshit

In THE CURRENT YEAR that's a pretty strong revelation, yes.

Chuhuahua
Do all the shitting Mexicans in this board feel the need to ask where are other Mexicans from?

Sorry, it's just weird to encounter another tacoperson that isn't an absolute pleb and comes on here.

Who indeed.

You are part of the problem.

I think one (of too many, frankly) problem of feminism is that they refuse to acknowledge that most women are mediocre. Much like how most men are, in fact, mediocre. Not everyone has the skill, intelligence, drive, imagination or physical capabilities to rise above the masses. Not everyone can be a great engineer, a world-renowned scientist or an olympic athlete.

Feminists seem to think all women can magically suceed and its all the fault of the patriarchy when in reality, well that's just too bad but most people aren't 'special'. Its sad but its what it is: I'll never be world-famous or contribute to humanity but that's certainly not the fault of some imaginary conspiracy. I'm just not gifted enough.

It's time to disregard what females say en masse and ignore their cries of butthurt. Those same fucking idiots ignore BvS being panned and other shit.

Get this through your head. They'll never stop bitching about you and your views. They are supremacists and misandrous, they aren't going to stop until you have a collar and a bar code on their leech while they fuck chad in front of you.

Fuck their whining. Stop giving a shit. Grab a pair and disregard them.

I came here for Kim Possible lewds.

I agreed with your first post, but you did get rekt on the retort.

Your status: Eating crow

How do you mean?

WHERE IS KIMMY CUMMYS?!?!?!?!

My dad tried to give me shit about watching girl's cartoons. I told him it was good, but he didn't believe me. I told him that if I wasn't allowed to say a food was gross before trying it, he wasn't allowed to make fun of me until he watched it too.

He thought it was good too, and we watched it together whenever it was on.

The only person I ever remember teasing me about PPG was a girl in Preschool (Or first grade, can't remember).

It wasn't supposed to make me feel bad, but point being "Teh Petriarchy" had no role in oppressing me.

The part of the problem thing? It's primarily because modern feminists seem to get SPECTACULARLY butthurt at the very IDEA that girls might naturally be drawn to girly activities, things, and behaviors.

If a girl has masculine interests then more power to them. (See Toph and Buttercup.) but they shouldn't be discouraged from enjoyin or even embracing the more feminine aspects.

Doubly so for the Rowdy Ruff episode where attempting to do the masculine thing and fight just got their asses kicked, so a different approach, one that almost NEVER fails to upset preschool boys, was needed.

I can't stand female protagonists. Doubly so when it's in an action-themed show or film.

So yes, I'd count myself among those who categorically reject "muh stronk womyn, muh weak bois" propaganda.

The entire complaint is just the butthurt bleating of feminists and their beta white knights.

The problem with female main characters is that they are hardly ever interesting (especially when compared to their male counterparts)

No, part of the problem was directed at finding it wrong that the girls acted girly but being okay with them being "badasses" which is itself actually an unnatural thing.

That they are seen as "badass" despite being cute and existing in a world without much consequence is part of the problem.

Was kinda funny that the Rowdyruff Boys are equals to the girls in powers, so the PPG suddenly find themselves on even footing and have to deal with them like they would as normal girls dealing with troublesome boys.

KP was IMHO by far the best out of the 3.

The other 2 had me sympathizing with the antagonists entirely too often. , which is bad if your protagonists is supposed to be goody2shoes, not that KP's villains were entirely 1 dimensional .

i hate to feed your ego in any way kaz, because sometimes you're a total faggot, other times you're wise beyond your years
way to go i suppose

war has changed

Yeah, the think is PPG was good, and the PPG movie (Even if it was a long episode like some critics say) was really good and dark but not gritty with a movie feel to it.

MLP is aguably acceptable with best episodes being a 6.8/10 maybe a 7/10.
And the even the movies where shit compared to the series so yeah, we lost something they didn't.

No. The problem with female "heroes" is that they're little more than blunt vehicles for a feminist narrative.

The quality of the story is secondary at best. The goal is simply to beat the young and impressionable viewers over the head with more or less easily digested propaganda.

You'll also note that any male sidekicks never come close to being the heroine's equal, much less superior. He's also invariably an effeminate beta male.

This sounds like a review of the latest franchise comeback tentpole movie

Shocking, right?

I've seen a lot of sick shit in my day, but for some reason, this just makes my rage engine fire on all fucking cylinders. Why am I so pissed off? Is the blatant mismatch of mating values really grinding my shit that hard? I am honestly mad now, what he fuck.

Why the fuck would a sidekick be equal or superior to their mentor? Should Batgirl be Batman's equal? Fuck no.

Plus he's usually more interesting that her (especially if it's a comedy)

If they can bitch about that, can I bitch about how feminists and numales have taken James Bond away from men?

I must say, I am honestly impressed. All those women in a single image, and not one of them is fuckable.

Wrong question. Why the fuck is the male the girl's sidekick in the first place?

Because in comic books women can be stronger than men you tryhard.

I'd hatefuck the blonde next to Wiig to be honest.

The one to the left, not the right.

I try.

I agree, but as you said it yourself there isn't a single thing wrong with feminism that can be fixed - the whole ordeal is pure poison for culture and civilization.

The stakes are too high to focus on me or anyone else. Issues such as these are beyond fucked and they're threatening everything we as a race and species have ever accomplished.

Which is the feminist mantra, you cuck.

I'm pretty sure that pic is out of context. She's not really what I'd consider a SJW character since she got fat because she flies everywhere.

It sounds like you just described the relationship between Kim and Ron in Kim Possible. Which was created from the quote of Kim Possible can do anything and her best friend is Ron Stoppable and he can't do anything.

In irony though they did invert "who's a better hero" as in one who is fearless vs one who overcomes fear. (Which I can't tell is going off topic)

Ron here is afraid of practically everything, but does he let his fears keep him from sidekickin'? Let's face it, Kim. You can do anything. So facing all those dangers and villains, well, it's just like you say. No big. A fella filled with that much fear always chargin' into action with you? Seems to me that's a true hero. - Joss Possible

(Context of quote is being said by a young cousin (Joss) who idolized Kim for being a fearless hero, and then by the end of the episode ended up idolizing Ron for being a hero by overcoming his fears on a regular basis.)

visual effects are usually outsourced man

Typical mary sue female "hero".

Why does every harpy have their maws wide open? It's almost as if they're ready to bite off some cocks.

I believe you, me and most others on this board were of a more rare breed than the larger common young male demo.
The stigma of
was pretty real for a large number of young boys.
I simply watched whatever was on because I liked cartoons.
The girl cartoons I hated were the ones that were not about proactive heroic types.
There was no hook for me and never an actually interesting plot.

Boys watched Sailor Moon.
I think it was the first girl targeted show I watched and actually liked.
I didn't give a shit that it was about a bunch of celestial body themed magical princess and shit.
It was an awesome show.

With PPG I remember JBVO, the cartoon request show cartoon network had for a while and The Rowdyruff Boy episode was clearly in high demand.
I always thought it was really indicative of the audience.

I would say the A-typical casual male audience would shy away from cartoons about girls because of a fear of being emasculated or thinking of themselves as weak for liking a girl show.
Cartoons in general are still seen as a pretty childish medium so kids who want to pretend they're mature big boys sure as shit aren't watching any cartoons period.

Yep

I also feel this way about Shego and Doctor Drakken

Towards the end Ron actually started getting competent, from what I hear.

I literally don't understand what the heck is this picture trying to tell me.
I mean, for real, most of the time I can understand the message behind SJW stuff and just call it bullshit, but here, I'm completely fucking lost.

Giving a male character a flaw is good writing.
Giving a female character a flaw is sexist; girls should be perfect.

The image does a clumsy job of explaining itself. It's saying that Guybrush Threepwood is endearing to the audience because he's allowed to have flaws and be a bit of an inept fuck-up.

If you applied the same flaws to a female character ("Galbrush" in the hypothetical scenario) you'd be accused of sexism.

Where's that image of the Facebook post about a father taking his little girl to see the MLP movie and it being ruined by neckbeards?

He ends up saving the day in the end, if I remember right.

I wish a feminist would actually explain how it's even possible to "take a show away" from it's intended audience. It's not like the bronies are barging into every little girls house and forcing them to not watch it.

The joke is his ability to run away from bad guys in seasons 1-3 . . . Then in season 4 it reveals that it actually made him really, really good at running so when he joins the school American football team, he can run so fast when he grabs the ball no other player can keep up with him.

His repetitive cowardly running act ended up transferring into a useful sport based running skill.

And then the fanbase complained that Ron saving the day at the end somehow ruined the series, by making Kim look useless, and somehow invalidating all her previous victories. (Even though Ron had already saved the day in earlier episodes).

respectable post for this alone

that is a tall order user

Am I the only one who realizes that Kim Possible was a politically correct ripoff of Totally Spies with a male side kick tacked on?

user did you see the ending?

To what? Kim Possible? I stopped watching that crap as soon as they started shoving KP/Ron down my throat.

But really, it's like it was manufactured to replace Totally Spies on the ABC Family Channel or whatever it was at the time.

Didn't KP come first?

Nope

TS Season 1 - 2000
KP Season 1 - 2002

Also another thing that pissed me off is KP got so much fandom when TS has about 1,000 times the fetish fuel an innuendo. It's really absurd.

*TS Season 1 - 2001 (typo sorry)

user in the very last episode at prom there is an alien invasion and it's the alien that was looking for the great blue and thought it was draken

and the best part?
Ron ascends to kung fu mystical bastard mode and fucking wipes out everything saving the earth and everyone on it

Don't you see, she had to be saved by a man, ITS HILLARIOUS

Sounds like garbage. Ron Stoppable was designed to be a male weakling to make the Mary Sue main character look good. Let's be honest here. The show is bordering on feminist propaganda on some level. In TS, at least every character is flawed as fuck and made fun of mercilessly, including Clover for being a whore.

KS came first in the US?

TS aired in 2001 in the US on the ABC Family Channel. Kim Possible was created as a replacement for it when Disney took over the channel. No one remembers this at all, maybe because they didn't watch TS until it started airing on Cartoon Network in 2004.

Disney ripping off ideas for stuff shouldn't be surprising to anyone really.

yes he was her foil but not a weakling

and if you'll recall his bumbling sometimes got them out of shit situations

Kim was shit on by a ton of people at school and Shego

and if I remember right they had an episode of two where not having ron around lead to her never becoming a hero

This pretty much.

Actually, I preferred female leads. I generally thought girls in lead action roles especially allowed more varied plots if only because creators were more willing to deviate from pure action and comedy with them. But now every time I see one I have to think, oh shit, is this some stupid political mouthpiece used to make a dumbass point?

What's worse is like I'm sure a lot of people here, I've made two concepts I dream of pitching one day. Both star female leads. And I think, well, I can't do this now. In this political climate it's going to be automatically assumed I'm trying to say something fucking stupid, when all I wanted to do was have a cute lead that was nice to look at.

Hell, one of them was a comedy and I wanted the lead to be gay entirely so I could make jokes out of it. Now if I did that I'd get it from both sides, I'm trying to get progressive points while simultaneously treating being gay as a joke and not the super srs issue it is.

There were several "Ron is useful" episodes, including Ron having his own villain who only cared about him and not Kim.

While generally Ron just ran around and fucked shit up accidentally when the big fight came about, he'd usually always provide something useful in the episode.

The whole thing actually just made Ron the more interesting of the two. Since the show did have continuity, Ron ended up being the more active and developed character, because he started low and ended up acquiring more skills and had talents he didn't know about, ultimately culminating in him being pretty popular in his senior year, you know, star running back on the football team, dating the most popular cheerleader, and saving the world at the end of the series.

what's his name versus the world with the 7 exes had a gay kinda like that

Didn't they ban Miss Bellum for being a sexist symbol? Where did everything go so wrong?

Yeah, that was the Sitch in Time movie where that happened. Even the villain alt bad future Shego couldn't understand why they made such a good team, but only knew that splitting them up was the solution to stop them from constantly saving the day.

Wallace, Scott's gay room mate from Scott Pilgrim.

Just remember this but Sitch in Time also revealed that in kindergarden, a young Ron was the one who stood up for her against bullies who were de-aged villains from the present trying to crush her spirit and ruin her life via time travel and became her friend in the first place.

Could you elaborate? I don't think I've heard someone say this before.

I do wonder if another big problem that's come with female leads (and female characters in general) is that the climate surrounding writing/judging female characters is such a mine field. Compared to male characters, I see a lot more infighting surrounding them just because there will be one group saying that a female character having Character Trait X is sexist, then some other group come and say that criticizing that same character for having Character Trait X is also sexist, and so on.

It's no wonder so many female characters end up either bland or infuriating when it seems you'll get a whole shit-storm if you do anything else.

glorious

The internal struggle of sex positivity vs. sex negativity has been crushing them for a while. I'm not sure that it will be the ultimate cause of the radfems' downfall but it's certainly helping. At least that's the most common complain I get from female gender traitors non-feminist friends whenever some shit like this comes up.

I mean that it seems like female led action/comedy shows are more willing to have episodes devoted to more slice of life stuff, or have episode plots revolve around normal social interaction. In reality I think it's actually because girls are "supposed to" have active social lives that they care about more than boys, but I think in most cases it turns out okay.

An obvious example is My Life as a Teenage Robot. Getting involved in a normal social life is part of the entire premise of the show. But imagine if Jenny was a guy, that would have looked weird because we don't expect boys to care so much about it, but for a girl we accept it easily.

I'm not saying male characters never get involved in plots revolving social life, but it seems to me like it's usually less frequent and also less varied when they do.

That's exactly what it is, user

the cunts who propagate this narrative are flat out ignoring reality. they may as well say that the sun is made of cheddar cheese and tarantulas.

Nippon has no issues with female lead series attracting a male audience or being made for a male majority audience.

West just can't write a likable female lead.

And more importantly, interesting

I'd say they can, but usually they are painted negatively or made as a parody.

Also, the female characters in Atlantis and Treasure Planet were pretty good… sadly the latter ended up killing that sort of entertainment from Disney.

They can't create an interesting show period.

Lets stop right here before this turns into a /a/ circlejerk.

Anime is good, but its also very stock. The anime you showed as an example is a good example.

Its dressed up in all sorts of the most gaudy and pretty shit, but it tends to boil to the exact same story everytime.

The shows that are exceptions are still amazing of course.

This basic sentiment pretty much goes for every "progressive" character choice. I used to be cool with all that stuff, until it started getting pushed WAY TOO HARD. I know it's a dumb knee-jerk reaction, but the less it's treated like accepting that stuff is an option, the less I want to accept it.

With that said though, I'm still fine with female lead characters as long as they fit the same criteria I ever wanted out of them: Attractive character design and an at least half-decent personality.

That did kinda bug me. I didn't mind that Kim was good at most everything, it just bugged me that being good at everything didn't seem to take any work on her part. Heck, simply juggling school and super-heroing seemed like it was treated way too easy. Travel time was never an issue, nothing seemed to go wrong during school hours… Anybody could do what she did if it were somehow that magically convenient. Now, doing good in school while having to miss lots of classes to save the day, and somehow being ready for class after a 7 hour flight to Draken's lair in the middle of the Pacific and another 7 hours back, plus the actual fighting/adventuring time while there, that'd be something.

On the other hand, nobody in-show really did care all that much about Kim's ostensibly impressive heroics and she didn't get payed or anything, so maybe it did all balance out. Weirdly easy and convenient adventures, little acknowledgment or payoff.

Same here. Last thing I need is a show about normal kids dealing with normal problems, I couldn't care less about that whether it was about girls or boys.

Old PPG or nuPPG? Because if it's the latter then you deserve it, ya faggot.

This. Even the word "diversity" is a negative thing now (and ironic since they can't handle ideological diversity). Supporters of social justice see no difference between words and actions, or at least place people who speak in the same category as people who act. If one speaks against a woman, even for reasons unrelated to her gender, the hatred garnered is equivalent to if he had actually hit her or something. A German example: in one town, there are people who actually hate Muslims and want to hurt them, and there are people who don't like that the gymnasium was turned into a refugee shelter because it deprives them of sports. The German government throws these two opinions, and everything in between, into the category of "bigot". Likewise, both SJWs and Holla Forums expect Trump to racially purify the nation. Criticism against minorities is seen as the last step before people go and slaughter them, which is an overreaction.

The reason acceptance is pushed so hard is that, in the social justice movement, "feeling happy, accepted, and having self-esteem" has been added to "life, liberty, and property" as the newest inalienable right that everyone is entitled to. I know that the language is actually "the pursuit of happiness", but that was because Jefferson thought that property didn't always equal happiness (and also didn't want that concept interfering with taxes). Even then, note that the inalienable right is only the pursuit of happiness, as in, everyone can try to get it, it's not guaranteed. That's part of the individualism of American culture.

Imagine how hard someone would fight if someone else tried to murder them, enslave them, or take their house by force. An SJW will fight just as hard if someone simply makes them unhappy. Mess up a pronoun, you violate the transsexual's right to feel good about their decision, and are also suspected of potential future hate crimes against transsexuals. Since no court will actually act on that (unless you're in Canada), they make their own vigilante justice. Because most of them come from wealthy backgrounds where the first three problems don't exist, they focus on the fourth because humans naturally go crazy without a goal to work towards. There are very few poor SJWs, excluding those who made themselves that way by thinking Patreon could be their main source of income.

if it was nuPPG he would be bullied for watching a shit cartoon, not so much because of it being a girls cartoon.

I want to punch you in the throat for even suggesting I'd watch that shit.

As pointed out to me elsewhere, Cutie Honey in particular is an extra-fun case because Honey was designed to be eye-candy to the point of her clothes disintegrating between transformations. . .

. . .Yet there was a strong female fanbase that made Cutie Honey one of the cornerstones of the magical girl genre.

Go Nagai pretty much single handedly invented modern lewd manga, so it's to be expected.

Honey is still a fun character. Her mischievousness and love of trickery could never have been pulled off with a pubescent male lead.

That's a huge problem I see with discussing anime with weeb's or weeb-lite's - they, for the most part, only know anime and set it up as the holy grail of media, more prone to dismiss it's faults and stock characters, plot's, ideas and quality of execution even when they are repetitive or bad by default.

I think a general attitude akin to Holla Forums would be more productive and true: "It is shit, let's discuss it's merits from there."

Believe it or not, this is a common occurrence in inter-gender play. When boys play games with girls (or younger boys) they expect them to at least try to rise up to the level of an equal at the game. When girls bring in younger girls, they tend to treat them as younger, like a mother to a child, and when boys join, they're expected to essentially play the fool and basically take on a similar role as the infantilized younger child would.

You are part of the reason why we have this shit now. You let it in the door by supporting it. All because you thought it was somehow more interesting to have a vagina as the main character.

Female main characters have never been interesting. They have always had male attributes of varying degrees added onto a female character. That's the only thing that you found interesting, those attributes on a female. The "varied plots" were just there incidentally to sell what was at the time something not normal or taken seriously.

You are so blind to the propaganda. These characters you laud are why we are where we are today, because little shits like you accepted the propaganda then and now you recoil at the propaganda for the next generation of little shits.

That photo is probably going to blow up in their faces when the film bombs critically.

Ron's shtick was always the whole "never underestimate the quiet weakling" moral. So he would have the obligatory moments where he turn into a absolute badass. Similar to pic related.

Funnily enough Ron Gilbert is a feminist idiot who supports Anita. There's a reason why Elaine was written as some hypercompetant sue who never actually needs Guybrush's help. I wonder if it has ever crossed his mind as to why Guybrush works far better as the player character.

Well it's actually an anti-SJW pic for one thing, in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm when it was calling you sexist.

Funnily enough Rincewind has the exact same talent for the exact same reason

This post is spot on. Female characters aren't interesting. What Holla Forums worships like beta fags? It's Men with Tits which is a colossal deception and lie about Female Nature. It's one of the reasons I can't stand this shit anymore. Try and meet women and you'll see that they aren't not even a fraction of your generic "intelligent, honorable, strong, loyal, etc." Man with Tits stereotypes. So all it feels like? Is massive propaganda lies to indoctrinate impressionable males.

Even videogames like Beyond Good and Evil and Aliens are full of shit. Sure women have the "motherhood" instinct, but they sure as fuck don't care for other people's children. Women's attitude at their core is "Damn your kids! Mine need to survive!" But that's getting beyond the point.

In the end, female characters who are Men with Tits are just alternate fap bait for wankers. No different than absolute feminine demure waifu shit is just another flavor of the same shit, another case of not showing females for how they truly are.

Anyone get the impression that if there was a LAW that said "You must write females realistically in ALL media" that most men would decide to kill themselves unable to handle reality in any way? When it comes to pussy? Men are retards.

Comedy/personality wise, Ron was far more interesting (the show would've been better if he was the main character) but he still often was outshined by one of the world's only eusocial mammal species

So . . . how would you improve those characters then?

not him but clearly spic should have been Scottish

I would have made the female lieutenant a male, and same goes for the spic. Then again I'm not Disney pushing female empowerment propaganda. Tough female lieutenant and super mechanic chick are both more unbelievable than finding Atlantis.

At the very least if you must have them I would have toned down their sue factor a lot. This of course all goes for the tough female alien captain, but that's a bit more explainable what with her being some weird cat person and not a human.

The female captain from Treasure Planet I mean.

you can't make the spic a male without ruining the crush dynamic she has on the mc

True. Disney is pushing these unrealistically competent females that are everything real females have NEVER been. Starting as early as Snow White (women being sweet, loving, demure, etc) to recently Judy Hopps. The latter example is a gross exaggeration because women can at least fake being like Snow White.

Judy Hopps is a literal story of a Token Woman Affirmative Action hire cop somehow proving her parents wrong, proving her male boss wrong, and proving the world that she is indeed a good cop which we know in real life, female cops are a joke and a waste of tax money. It was cringe inducing how they showed Judy meet the requirements WITHOUT standards being lowered.

And keep in mind that in the teaser of Zootopia Judy at least carried a tranquilizer gun, but in the movie itself? She was always unarmed. So she going around dealing with dangerous antagonistic animals weaponless and succeeding? Pure bullshit.

Even Disney videogames are starting to reek of Gynocentrism like Kingdom Hearts with that blue haired Mary Sue Aqua, the unrealistically Fighter Woman who can kick everyone's ass and cleans up after the stupid incompetent male playable characters screw up. And lately now Kairi is going to become the next unrealistically competent Fighter Female of the series.

Great….now we'll see how Mary Sue she is because she has a Heart of Pure Light and make Sora and Riku who struggled and got stronger piece by piece via multiple journeys refining their powers look like weak chumps.

Damn I hate Nomura for caving into the mangina tendencies.

for a minute there user I thought your were writing satire/sarcasm

thank goodness for that tranquilizer gun part

fuck off

The film never made it out to be a female thing, but rather a bunny/size thing.

That was one of the film's problems actually. Having a bunny on the force not only proved to be useful (Judy is very fast on her feet and able to hear things really well thanks to her ears), but having someone of Judy's stature is actually necessary if the force wanted to be able to deal with crimes that was happening in districts inhabited by smaller animals. It doesn't make a lot of sense that the police force would consist only of the biggest animals like what was depicted.

Make her a man too, obviously.

Do you think a little girl will see it that way? What about this

"I want to be a police officer when I grow up!"

If anyone laughs or says she shouldn't (unlikely) she will relate Judy Hopps to her situation and try to "overcome" the doubt and be what she "can be."

The movie has a significant part of its plot concerning this whole topic of female empowerment. Just because they point it at her being a BUNNY and not at her being a FEMALE doesn't change that. In fact it makes it worse. They get the best of both worlds. They get to have female empowerment as a GIVEN and they get to play at "biggotry" against it without calling it into question specifically.

That she is a woman wasn't questioned at all by anyone. It was treated like a non-factor. That is actually just as bad as if it was the problem instead of her being a bunny. Otherwise the character might as well have been a male rabbit.

Il say this, I hate politics in my cartoons. Keep it to minor accidental unintentional slips at most. And this is both ways.

I don't want a film about a bunch of outraged SJWs attacking videogames and being swiftly defeated. I just don't like politics in my media mostly.

But

Is correct. Its a trend of "The Deniable Lesbian". Where you just play mad libs with minorities.

And yeah stories with alternate minorities have been done before, but I would say Zootopia is the most political I had ever seen. In fact its its ONLY plot about literal race relations. Like there is almost nothing else too it.

And with this Disney has thrown the first punch.

Its more like general politics soup. Like Judy stands in for any and every minority.

Did your mommy diddle you, user? Did that pretty girl in Bio class get her boyfriend to beat you up when you told her that she's pretty?

I still love the single guy behind the two main actresses on the right. He's entirely alright with being an honorary woman.

SJWs become extremely bitter when their shitty projects fail to earn them the fame and fortune they crave. They also prefer to blame their failings on everybody but themselves. If the new Ghostbusters movie flops, it's obviously because of a misogynistic patriarchal conspiracy, not because the writing, acting, and special effects are bad. And the sensationalist media takes that even further and you get SEXIST MALE FILTH HATES ALL FEMALE CHARACTERS!

0/10

You might want to talk to a licensed professional about it, dude.

I've seen that 'projecting' excuse too many times in the past day on here. Did babie learn a new word? Is this the new cucked?

Look, the only way you can think that there's no such thing as even a nice woman, is if you're one of those beta faggots that take it to heart every time a girl tells you to fuck off. You've got girl issues, m8.

Yeah, you're an idiot.

It does make sense if Zootopia was some unique thing, as it was portrayed as. If there simply is no other city with a diverse range of sizes then it really isn't immediately obvious that you want a varied police force and not just the largest people. At first glance, a bigger animal can stop any smaller one but not the reverse, so you want big animals to cover your bases. And if you just never see crime in those small-animal communities because you can't go there, or only catch them when they leave those communities, well, it looks like everything's fine.

lel

Yup. Female "heroines" are little more than male caricatures with a pair of tits slapped on. Invariably, the writers of such characters turn out to be either feminist cunts or beta cucks. Pics related.

Not an argument.

Not a surprise. Entertainment media is the domain of the beta male. You won't find bad boys, thugs, chads, cads, rich men, etc. working that industry in general.

You know what's funny though? In the entertainment industry it's ironically women who tend to portray their sex a little more realistically, not much but that little speaks volumes. Case in point? Stuff like Gilmore Girls. Female protagonist? Check. Does she like Nice Guys? Hell no. First boyfriend was a Nice Guy and got dumped for a Bad Boy. Later Bad Boy is forgotten for a wealthy rich douchebag instead.

Basically women make it clear when they're writers that your generic honorable hero with a good will? He doesn't get pussies wet.

In fact I've seen plenty of Otakus despise whenever a female mangaka has a female lead fall in love with a muscled dominant man because it reminds them of the ugly truth about how sexual attraction really works.

Most recently the best incident, even though it's not created by women, was seeing women complaining in Game of Thrones when Ramsay "raped" that twat after he legally married her. Ramsay is a scrawny guy, not very attractive. However when Drogo factually forced his cock into Dragon Twat Girl early in S1? No women complained because he was "hawt."

You really are some loser that's upset because girls turn him down.
At the very least, I'll laugh at you for what you said about Game of Thrones:
1.) Ramsey is no more scrawny than Jon Snow, who all the fangirls love.
2.) People were furious about Drogo, especially because in the books he asked 'no?' when she started fighting back just to make sure she was alright.

you're obviously not from around here and don't belong either

why don't you pack up and go

haven't watched the movie but doesn't she need Nick the MALE character to even get this stuff done?

Not quite. Nick blocks and hinders her, but she being the generic ever soooo smart female lead tricks him and blackmails him into helping her. The movie even ends with her claiming "Smart Bunny, Dumb Fox." Because if it's the other way around? THEN it's offensive.

Plus Judy acts as the GOOD female who makes a male criminal turn good. You know bullshit about how women make men civil and moral. Without Judy's influence, Nick would have stayed a con-artist.

This is another thing I've been seeing more recently: fags from other boards invading us and pretending we don't belong here when we're not the fags they are.
Leftypol, pol, int, whichever it is this time… Fuck off.

that image is from before cucked was popularized by a few years

if you don't know that then you're reddit newfag tier trash

from what little I have seen they kept nick mostly the way he was designed when shit was dark and he seems to be the guide but shit I haven't even seen the movie

Nick was the sidekick of the movie. How retarded are you? Seriously, think about this shit before you type.

what show

not him but idol master

if memory serves she has a deeper more luscious voice

may have been voiced by a dude

真くんのCVは男じゃない!

Female characters in videogames, movies, etc. are hyped up as everything women have never been. Usually it's their simp enablers doing this (that doesn't mean women should ever be excused):

youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

youtube.com/watch?v=kOMkl3ApTK0

Bonus counterargument:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a0U5_UulsE

I'm just saying people seem to be whining 'PROJECTION' a lot recently.

there's that faggot talk again

If i remember the storytime right Zephyr the "Fat Acceptance" hero wasn't actually that bad with that panel being dream sequence.

She was telekinetic and and laziness induced fat is basically logical and kinda glossed over with her being blaster meaning she could get away with being unhealthy.

Compared to shit like Mockingbird and Hellcat shit was actually fun.

Was a while since it was storytimed though and it was only like issue 1.

It is because /m/ girls are best girls. i mean, Symphogear also has a good amount of grill fans i think and is also fanservice laden.

Faggots like you don't belong here.

>>>/oven/
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/cuckshed/

SJW are more of a danger, but Holla Forums is just full of annoying faggots. Everyone knows that. You've been invading this board like parasites on steroids, and getting into fights with the Holla Forums while for you're at it. It's fucking annoying.

Stem your butthurt, leftycuck. You're on Holla Forumschan, not your 4chon/plebbit/tumblr hugbox. Deal with it.

Here's the thing, retard. No one likes Holla Forums. You don't have to be a ;eftycuck to think Holla Forums is full of annoying faggots. You clog up the entire board with your bullshit, and it gets worse when someone from Holla Forums actually does come and argue with you.
Go to your fucking containment board.

The mods are assholes for not banning you retards, the same as they're assholes for not fucking banning the bot that's been spamming the DBZ abridged board for months.

actually everyone here likes Holla Forums

this is a site dominated by Holla Forums and Holla Forums since about 2 years ago when it became a main chan

you on the other hand keep stirring shit and ruining threads by going "/POL? ARE TEH BAD GUIS"

faggots like you are the main reason threads get derailed because you get triggered by anything that is Holla Forums related attempting to create an anti Holla Forums environment

you bitch about Holla Forums and /int*/ in name only but never bitch about their politics

kinda like a female character that people say is great at stuff but you never actually see any proof of it

An idea I had for the female lieutenant, would be to make her secretly the villain who has gotten sick of repeating orders from the captain. And slowly over the course of the story she stops repeating commands given to her, to repeat to those below her, she starts giving people her own commands (while lying about the captain saying it). She wants the technology from Atlantis because she wants to use it for military purposes and profit off of it.

While the captain guy in charge might look like a villain but turns out to be a good guy (eg he just wants to help bring the Altantians people, culture and technology to the surface because he fears another disaster could wipe it out, also the possibility of using the tech to stop future wars).

One other change to the story might be to set it after WWI, so their is kind of motivation for a nation to have advanced tech. It also might be possible to make the captain a WWI vet, who doesn't want to end lives and/or wants to minimize causalities.

that first part has been done before with different genders but it's still solid

that second part would ruin it tho

But what about say Bubblegum Crisis, or Dirty pair

check mate

Considering that the 1st season has been out for months. Any one here have an opinions about the Miraculous: The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir series? Or Miraculous Ladybug or whatever it's called in each region.

While the show does focus mostly on the female lead, the male lead gets plenty of screen time and pretty good power set as a super hero to balance out the female lead's superhero powers.

But the episode endings due get kind of formulaic though due to her "lucky charm" plot device restoration power.

I'll admit can I get more clarification?

The 2nd part being about the motive for the female lieutenant or the part about the captain guy in charge?

Except you know… like 2500+ posters…

The thread was derailed the moment your faggot asses started splerging about how all women are evil and useless. Shit's only been this bad for a couple months. You just think no one hates you because your other faggot Holla Forumslack friends defend you.

What's wrong with stirring shit? Holla Forums stirs shit on every board so why can't everyone else?

Why is it only okay when Holla Forums does it?

Dude female leads are the reason I watch ever mahou shoujo.

If western cartoon people want males to like female protagonists why don't they try making them sexy like Sakura, Nanoha, Ahiru, Mirai, or Ink.

And so I will keep watching animes for the plot and stick to cartoon when I want to laugh at the downfall of civilization.

this part

nobody will be mislead to think it's the captain if he is a pussifist without bad writing

user that's awful hypocritical

What am I supposed to do, pick both?

They're not even near-inferiors though, a stronk wymmyn's sidekick at best is holding the horses while shit happens and more commonly is just an emotional comforter during downtime.

That's some firm yet supple plot you've posted there.

No, pick one.

Watch the 10th anniversary special

Yeah, thank you for reminding me of that user, now I feel like shit… again

Why are Robot Jones characters there?

There is no despair with Ahiru. She was just a simple duck. She saw a man that was the ideal of humanity and wished upon wishes that she could be a human just enough to get to know him.

Instead of that she defied her creater. Fell in love with her heart's desire's friend. And ultimately danced a dance of supreme grace and beauty. Suppassing her human self, suppasing her rival. A dance of love and conviction and self sacrifice that gace up her own existence, not just for her heart's desire but the man she grew to love, her rival turned enemy, everyone that ever mocked and kicked and spit on the poor lonely duck in the pond. It was a dance of her soul, where she embodied her ideals that suppassed her size and shape. Princess Tutu was just a canard, a distraction from the simplicity and truth Ahiru wished to share. All in all is all we are.

And so when her song ended

When her dance was finished

When darkness was cast aside in the name of beauty, truth, and honesty that Ahiru embodied.

He simple true corporeal form fell to earth. Unwittingly she had fulfilled on her own the wish she made to the mad writter. In doing so she ended her own existance and Ahiru.

But in doing so she failed to realize. She was Drosselmeyer's greatest and most perfect character. Everything he had written towards inexplicably came true with Ahiru's sacrifice.

In fighting the greatest monster she became the ultimate goal of the greatest monster. And so it is that everyone, including the viliam who was just an expy for the writer, who was just an expy for the writer, who was just and exply for the writer, went home happy. Their stories finished. Ther goals met. The future laid out.

All thanks to a tiny lonely little duck that sat in a pond and wished for a chance to Make America Great Again.

Also

Okay bro for the first time in a decade you are going to make me rewatch this because I have tears at the corners of my eyes and I want to know if they are from whiskey or Ahiru's noble character and tight loli ass.

You nailed it. Feminists always try to act smart, but never know shit.

Well I guess we all better just shut up and ignore feminism then. Wouldn't want to be labeled. :^)

Anime tackles or has tackled every genre there is and has covered an immense range of topics. This season there's a thriller about spies around World War II (Joker Game), a fantasy story about a guy who comes back to life in a previous point in time every time he dies (Re:Zero), a magical-realist slice of life story about a witch in a small town (Flying Witch), a steampunk zombie survival story in an alternate late 19th or early 20th century japan (Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress), a mecha show involving invaders from space and a samurai who's been in stasis since the middle ages (Kuromukuro), and a story about a detective agency whose members are reimagined versions of famous Japanese novelists and have superpowers (Bungou Stray Dogs). And more.

The failure of Western media to come up with interesting female characters doesn't mean female characters can't be interesting.

By making them men with tits.

Not really. This is basic supply and demand. If Zootopia has been around for any significant amount of time (which it would be, Rome wasn't built in a day) then the Law enforcement would quickly realise that they need smaller cops to be able to handle the smaller sized districts. It wouldn't have taken an equal opportunity initiative to get one hired.

And the argument of "maybe they just don't know about the crime that happens there" falls apart when we see that:

The entire point was as an analogy for females. That's the whole reason it was a big deal that there were no bunny cops and that it was a plot point in the first place.

Speak for yourself redditor. I don't go to Holla Forums, but what I find much more annoying are faggots like you who complain about Holla Forums or accuse people who express right wing views of being an invader from Holla Forums.

If anyone doesn't belong here, its you and people like you.

That's not a guy.

ValkyrieCarriesNorseHerotoValhalla.png