Attack on Titan free comic book

God will never forgive us for this blasphemy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2AFsap5UI
youtube.com/watch?v=o5XUtaFeIeI
web.archive.org/web/20160512070031/http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/attack-titan-snk-hange-hanji-gender-debate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That fucking jap does not care about licensing does he?

The fuckers at Kodansha are evil geniuses. They know western comics are weak, so they release this piece of anti-comic propaganda to increase their own sales.

And it works. Seriously, would you stick with American comics when you know this shit is currently the "best" the medium has to offer, Gail Simone and more nerd persecution? This is a medium that actively hates you and everyone like you.

Devious…very devious.

My mind is working to understand.

Storytime? I want to know how blasphemous this is.

They look kinda hot.

Yes, post it! This sounds good!

Weeaboos told me about how glorious nippon was uncorruptable. Now I feel sad.

I swear, this shitty talentless art is now becoming a house style among comics.

Different user here, I'm trying to find a full thing, but this is all I have at the moment.

It's been called the tumblr style, but what it really needs to be known as is "webcomic style"

I mean, in their defense, at least they nailed the laziness of most cosplayers.

You know, in retrospect, it was probably a bad idea to dress your victims up like giant skinless monsters if you want them to seem sympathetic.

When I read your post, I thought they had actually painted their skin to look like titans, which would have been some impressive work, but god damn. The shade doesn't even match.

And manga fans who check it out will be instantly turned off western comics. It's really quite genius. I already ditched American comics in favor of manga and old silver and bronze age stuff. I regret absolutely nothing

Why do they always give people big honkin' koala noses?! Every tumblr artist I see draws them like that. Where did that even originate? I want to say it's a sinister plot by the jews to normalize big noses.

as an aspiring drawfag who's fairly naive, how does one define "tumblr/webcomic style" and how does one avoid it?

It's seriously like a straight up deviant art fan comic. This is what passes as professional quality among comic artists and writers now of days. How the fuck did standards fall this low?!

Simplistic, cartoony art with big noses and solid black round eyes/irises, warning coloration/hipster hair and some sort of vaguely brown ethnicity. It's for people that never learned how to do figure drawing, using stylized art as a crutch for their lack of skill.

I read that shit and it's not even social commentary. A character slaps her ass, then he gets slapped, and there's like, no kind of message or anything. It's just there like a scene out of a corny action movie. Probably to establish the character is a skeevy rogue Han Solo type, or to kill him off later and make the audience not care.

The real mindfuck about the comic is that most of it isn't even a fucking comic, it's just a short book about the making of the Attack on Titan comic. It makes no goddamn sense.

>Walk into Warp III Comics ("Highest Prices Guaranteed!") in Edmonton, AB, and discover I've stumbled into Free Comic Book Day.
>"Yeah, she'll LOVE that one. Plus, the girls are all properly dressed, thank gawwwwd!"
>It's currently sitting in the recycle bag, waiting to be taken to the recycle center and turned into something actually worthy of a dead tree, like a copy of Mein Kamph

Shouldn't you be running for shelter right now?

It's okay. The city founders were early-adopters of Asbestos.

You look kinda cool, Bumblebee.

Also Katana looks like fucking Mulan.

It's to help push the narrative that harassment at cons is a widespread thing, so SJWs can sink their talons in even more and make them "safe spaces". We saw this started a couple years ago with that whole "cosplay is not consent" thing.

I've been going to cons for over a decade now, and I can't say I've ever seen or even heard of a dude groping a chick at one. In fact, it's quite the contrary, I've seen TONS of fan girls run up to guys dressed as their favorite bishonen hottie and practically molest him. Most of the verbal harassment I've seen has been catty cows who openly mock and criticize other female cosplayers for petty reasons. We never see those chicks villainized though. It's always some made up straw man.

Writer confirmed for casual scum.

they probably find her sexist and think they are making a point having the female cosplayers dressing up as a male titan.

What the fuck is wrong with you, nigger?

Is it too late to start praying for that meteor to destroy humanity?

This is the most retarded shit I've ever seen and I've been attending anime cons for over a decade.

The only way to live.

You'll never see them villianized because they're the bitches in charge now. The entire "cosplay is not consent" garbage is to scare off their competition so they can molest at leisure without feeling insecure.

Why can't you retards stay in your containment board?

Where's the BO?

Really want to see this. Checking usual sites and nothing is coming up so far.

The person obviously hsn't read much Attack on Titan or even the anime because is a female titan that could be used for cosplay. Some even can do it modestly without going the whole bodypaint route which is about as accurate as you can get but some cons are strict on how much skin can be shown. Dragon Con is the only one I know that is a little looser with their rules.

First, it's clear that the writer of OP's image has only the most basic understanding of what they're writing about. Even the most xenophoic Holla Forumsmrade who hates anime with a passion probably has a better understanding of what Attack on Titan than that jackass. Fuck, I even have a better understanding of that shit, and my only exposure to it is casual osmosis.

Second, even if they were aware that giant jenny no nipples existed, they would never, ever go with her because she "perpetuates unrealistic body types", even though she's a fucking 200ft woman with barely enough skin to cover her muscles.

Basically it's a comic written by casuals, for weeaboo faggots, but at the same time demonizing those same weeaboo faggots because "ew gross nerds".

I suppose you think Aquaman runs around yelling "OUTRAGEOUS!" as well.

I can almost guarantee you the writer had no experience with AoT and only got the job because they knew the editor or something. They then maybe watched the first couple of episodes of the anime and called it a day.

I'm not even sure if they're even aiming it at weeaboos. Weeaboos certainly wouldn't be taken by that art. My guess is it's aimed at all those people you see on tumblr that don't read/watch a series, but insist on doing fanart in which they "fix" it.

that's the gayest thing i've ever seen batman flinch to

No…I think Aquaman made Cthulhu his bitch and is an amazing hero and can summon zombie sharks and has a hook for a hand.

It was definitely big on tumblr for a while.

Let's just pray this sells like the dog shit that it is and they never get the opportunity to do it with Jojo.

you know the white parts on the skinless ones are fat or tendons, right?

this is Holla Forums, anatomy is subjective.

How come poorly written and poorly drawn pile of shjit like Attack on Titan got popular?

Is it bad that I liked how hammy he was being?

Water hand is still best hand though.

No.

decent concept, honestly. giants attack, humans basically have to become ninja spider men to kill them. that probably drew in most of the fans

but then again, it's weebs we're talking about. they made fucking naruto a thing for years

some of the vapid reasons i can site why many of the fans are drawn to it iirc
>no fan service (despite the fact that one titan is basically a woman without clothes or skin )

overall, i think the last one speaks for itself more than anything. weebs love japan, japan's filled with idiots

Of course

i knew he didn't yell outrageous in the comics

but did he at least do the big musical number

you know the one

Putting it about that we were thinking of checking out the manga, but "nah, I saw a free copy, it's just more big two shit" when?

Word filtering back to the nips that they've lost sales because they were not careful when licensing adaptions how long after?

basically it's dragonball/naruto all over again

you should watch steven universe

See

They don't lose face here. We do.

Stay the fuck away from anything digital. Draw and paint with physical stuff. Yes, it's dirty, yes, it smells (paints and ther shit are made of various chemical goops), but at least you will get the chance to make your drawings more alive and lively. It's not just digital stuff in general (I believe airbrushed drawings look pretty lifeless), but digital makes it all look plain and samey.

Cartoony styles aren't wrong, but avoid the smiling potato at all costs.

Why the fuck would you ever join a fandom user? They're among the worst things the internet has ever given birth to.

our hobby is getting infected by Holla Forums
it's because we come here all the time to shitpost

time to firebomb this fucking place

Feels really good. Except for that shitty Squirrel Girl/Archie-tier "art".

Nobody does, but the fact that this isn't the standard for Aquaman is still saddening.

Well /a/, your damn mangokas should stop being such greedy cunts and giving their mango rights away to the shit hole that is modern western media. Also get rid of that rulecuk mod you guys have.

IT'S PEARL HARBOR II!

Beginning with a classical foundation is the way to start. If there's a community college in your area, you might look into seeing if they offer a figure drawing course. Being able to see the human body in motion with your own eyes in 3d space helps tremendously to understand its shape.

Studying muscular and skeletal anatomy also helps. Go to your local library and see if they have any reference books on anatomy. Bring your sketchbook with you and spend some time rendering diagrams of the muscular system.

One of the biggest technical failings of Tumblr artists is that they learn from stylized aesthetics, and so they end up rendering a stylization of a stylization. It's like a game of telephone, the original concept degrading further with each iteration. It's the same thing how you can generally tell when a weaboo has learned to draw from anime, without actually understanding the anatomy that's being stylized.

Developing an understanding of how the body looks in reality will allow you to stylize the figure while preserving its underlying structure.

(checked)

Sticking to traditional media when learning the basics and developing your style is definitely a good thing. Working with pencils, pens, inks, paints etc. is a great way to get a grip on the fundamentals.

Digital is worth learning once you've become comfortable with traditional media however, especially if you want to do design/illustration work professionally. There's still a market for traditional illustrators, but to my knowledge it's pretty narrow.

Thank you for articulating my assessment on the "tumblr style". I was struggling to pinpoint what exactly was wrong with it and you sum it up nicely: there's no understanding of figure, caricature, or gesture, so their attempts at stylization are crap.

I.. don't know what's going on anymore

i dunno how one comic about titans is going to destroy comics but i want to believe

Honestly, no, I didn't, because they look nothing like fat. Real breast fat is that noded yellow stuff.

And they appear to be more of a bone-armor bra than fat considering how they move in the anime and how they repel weaponry. If you are correct and that IS supposed to be fat, then they've dropped the ball… but I'm pretty sure it's a bone-brassiere.

It's a propaganda coup for the ages. I can almost hear those butterheads laughing now.

Maybe its not propaganda but a marketing team:

"What do those americanskis like?"

"I dunno, gender politics? Seems to be all the rage"
"Oh yeah, and being offended. VERY popular"
"Also the men seem to value being ashamed of tits"

Big thing others didn't point out about it are noses so red that it looks like characters have cold, are drunk, or suffer from some skin condition. Another one is that all races tend to have nearly identical facial features, bone structures, and body types as well, with only distinguishing features being skin color and occasionally haircuts. And obsession with making characters, especially women, just plain ugly.

You'd be surprised. If your portfolio does not have traditional stuff in it, no one respectable will give you a chance. People who confine themselves to digital, usually end up as makers of cheap, quick, and disposable "art."

In comics, people who work with traditional media rake in the most money. When it comes to other profitable avenues, like medical illustration, concept art, etc. most of art starts in traditional media to be then enhanced and altered digitally. Once you master traditional media, digital is pretty easy to get a hang on too, but transitioning the other way if more difficult.

Nice old meme faggot

Putting aside the fact that Attack on Titan is an awful series, it's popularity is more of a meme thing than a quality thing.

Hipster faggots who attend cons just to sell their shitty prints of the kid from Undertale making out with Benedict Cumberbatch only understand the series as "that one cartoon with the muscle giant that has the silly face that you can buy masks of!"

You know what else those faggots love? Manufactured controversy centered around women being harassed and heroically fighting back against that imagined boogeyman.

Nerds are cons are so fucking polite that the hoverhand started at cons. These people are so bad at interacting with other people, let alone women, that they can't even touch them when posing in a picture.

There's no harassment or consent epidemic that needs addressing, but hipster faggots insist there is anyways.

This isn't some kind of conspiracy by Kodansha, you guys.
It's just that they're SJWs.I don't know when the change happened, but some SJ got on board and they went from calling Hange 'she' to… I can't fucking find a picture of it right now, but they basically went to censoring every time a pronoun is used and writing over 'MAYBE GIRL?' 'POSSIBLY A GUY' 'OR NEITHER' 'OR EVEN BOTH' 'IT'S UP TO YOU!' Pic related.
They then pulled a Vic Mangina 'Fai isn't gay, CLAMP told me so!' and went on about 'WELL UH, ISAYAMA CAME TO US DIRECTLY…'

Along with other shit, like misinterpreting some dialogue to imply Reiner is gay, shortly after a scene where it clearly wants Christa's tight pussy. Pic also related.

I'm feeling pretty stupid right about now, because I'm on Holla Forums, in a thread discussing comics, and I somehow completely forgot about comics.

And this is why I'm glad I started out traditional. I've seen quite a few artists go full-digital before they understand the fundamentals of illustration, and their technique tends to hit a plateau pretty quickly as a result.

You're also right about a lot of professional work combining traditional and digital media. I was referring to that under the blanket of "digital" but I should've been more explicit about that. Most of my finished works, even the fully-digital ones, start out with detailed pencil sketches or ink lines.

Shit. The other pic didn't send.
Here we go.
In reality it was his talk bubble rather than Ymir's, so the conversation wasn't 'You're gay' 'yeah lol you're gay too.' iirc a more accurate translation would be him saying he didn't think he looked like a Peeping Tom.
The fandom uses it to prove he's gay despite his constant boner for Christa.

Can't I enjoy anything? Is nothing free from these devils?

That's actually just the anime being retarded
In the manga she's got skin just like Eren's titan

They're just shoehorning in their diversity quotas by now just writing over text already there. They're literally blocking out text they don't want you to read because then readers will think things that they don't want you to think. Why are SJ types always so keen on censorship? Is this just a natural step for people with this level of delusion to do?

Yes.

This is beyond retarded
How has anyone not complained about this yet ?,

Sweet merciful fuck. This series was bad enough without the tumblr identity politics shit.

so, that dobson comic?

is it a blessing or a curse that i can never not start out with a pencil sketch unless i want it to look like shit

So is this the translation team or something? Or is this official stuff?

The fact that best girl got turned into a lesbo is some crazy cuckolding that even I can't get behind.

The whole series is just for shit and giggles so it could be that they are just making fun of it.

This tbh. Fandoms always end up degenerating into pits of pure autism no matter how refined or mature they used to be. Just look at what happened to Jojo and Teen Titans' fandoms.

Absolutely devious yet glorious.

There is no word to define this kind of foul play. And normalfag shit-heads have the nerve to ask me why I don't bother with "official english translations". They even pulled similar shit with the One Piece dub recently. Sad thing is, a few popular fansubs tend to try and do the same.

Another reason to hate the SnK anime. It fucked up and it brought in a mess of autists to the point where even the author changed the story to appease them.

What happened?

can we get someone who actually read the fucking manga to tell us if xer gender is ambiguous in japanese too?

In the original jap version during the Impel Down Arc, Ivankov told a prince he okama-fied that now he had two mothers because his father was an okama and now they would be a happy family of okamas, basically like "What's wrong with being a happy okama lady? Your father embraced the okama way and now you will too! Two mothers and a daughter! A happy okama family! Yeehaw!". However the Funimation dub and sub added to that and mixed it up a bit to make it sound like a gay psa and it came out like this: "Two mothers and a daughter? What's wrong with that? Two fathers and a son?! What's wrong with that?!" while in a very angry tone when in the original japanese he said everything in the same perky royal tone. Also the voice acting sucked, as expected of modern Funi.

i've noticed more and more of the modern one piece english dub is getting worse and worse as it keeps going

early on, it was actually decent. not great, but decent for what it was worth. Sanji was probably the worst part of the early parts

but now, it's just fucking awful. starting somewhere after the cp9 arc, it feels like they've started scraping the bottom of the barrel

some notable examples i've seen watching the thriller bark include
but Ian Sinclair is a pretty good addition. he doesn't sound necessarily like the jap brook, but the performance is great

As someone who doesn't follow One Piece, can you please translate this into wording that makes sense?

It wasn’t to begin with. It's just that Japan uses a lot of gender neutral pronouns and the guy sucked at drawing women. But she has long hair, long eyelashes, and tits. The Japs were confused and Isayama said he didn't give a shit. Tumblr took this as meaning that she's nonbinary. Despite still having breasts and being noticeably smaller than the men her age.

Fuck I miss those days…

I agree. Early on the Funi dub was actually pretty good and it sounded like some high quality shit. Now its just fucking awful and poorly dubbed/written and the voices are unbearable, dull, passionless or have no variety. Ian Sinclair is surprisingly decent as Brook, but its expected that they get someone decent to voice him since he's an MC.

Okama is the japanese equivalent of faggot, tranny and/or queer. In One Piece, Okamas are a recurring source of offensive humor which is why you don't see much OP on tumblr aside from the occasional yaoi art. In OP there's also a character who has the power to change your gender which is basically an "induction" to the Okama Way.

So some deranged tranny faggot said that there's nothing wrong with having two mothers or two fathers in the Funi dub?

I've heard more egregious liberties taken in dubs.

I forgot to mention that the tranny in question is based on Tim Curry's Dr. Frank n Furter and yet the moronic bastards at Funimation didn't even bother to get a VA that could even partially mimic Curry's voice. Hell I don't think they even got the reference.

Here's some pictures of the character in question. She can be mistaken as a guy if you're used to yaoi bait, but the creator typically draws men pretty burly. She's obviously female since she's half the size of the men and has breasts when she's wearing tight clothes.
She's also wooed a male soldier to get information out of him before, by acting like a cute girl.
And the creator drew her in civilian clothes once, which included a skirt.

Any of you fags ever been to a con before? How common is this "sexual harassment" shit exactly?
I can't imagine it being nearly as common as Tumblrettes say it is, but I wouldn't be too surprised if there's been more than one instance of a cosplayer having a fan that's a little too touchy-feely.
Wanna know cause even if I fucking hate this shit being pushed on us, I'd also hate it if an actual issue had it's legitimacy ruined by shitbag ideologues using an actual concern for political gain.

I went to a small con in the state I used to live in. I never heard of any sexual harassment or anything like that going on. Everyone seemed pretty civil, although that could be because it was a smaller con.

I'd say it does occur but it's more likely to go the other way, with female weebs and fangirls harassing guys dressed up as their husbandos (cue story of the guy who permanently got his knee fucked up by a surprise hamplanet glomping).
A lot of the guys that go to cons are in forever hover hand mode and couldn't sexually harass someone if they wanted to. There's always going to be a few creeps with up-skirt cameras and whatnot, of course, but that's just a case of predators going to where the prey is and not anything indicative of con-goers in general.

I've only ever been to one con in my life about 2 years ago although I'm a bean picking spic so I'm not sure how valid this is with you mericans. Basically lots of hot or semi-hot bitches who were really lewd and open to pictures and hugs. However a scene did occur where some tranny or whatever (not sure but definitely was some kind of joto) threw a fit because someone took a picture of him/her/xer/whatever.

I wouldn't know as it's not something I normally look into, even though I've gone to a high-profile con three times now. I'd argue it's inevitable when large crowds of people and modest-looking women in costume are involved. Realistically, there's not much anyone can do about people catcalling and outright groping seems to be exaggerated to the point of incredulousness by the internet.

It's probably less about political gain and more about virtue signaling and gentrifying comic conventions into safe spaces for the normie crowd.

Tumblr hambeasts are well known for molesting anybody who dresses up as their husbandos.
The fact that these same twats claim they're the ones being raped is mind boggling on a cosmic scale.

Ive had my ass grabbed at cons by both male and female and I wasn't even cosplaying…I just wore some shitty ear hat.

is time to gas america

let's start with the pro-segregation areas & work our way up

From what I understand of that; the "she" in question was a normie d-list actress or something, and was hired to work as a cosplay both-babe for some comic artist she was friends-of-friends with ("I'm such a nerd! lol") at ComicCon, but she freaked the fucked out because some guys who were standing in line for the comic's promo event took pics of her before she was ready while in-costume, when the comic guy was still setting-up, or some bullshit; no actual cosplayer would never acknowledge, much less get assblasted for getting convention-floor candids.
She tried to make it sound like they were getting upskirt pics or lewds; while it was her showing she has no understanding of cosplay or convention-culture.

The pervasiveness of sexual harassment at cons is grossly exaggerated, for reasons both sinister and petty.

Inflating the threat of sexual harassment serves the purpose of eliminating competition. If you've ever been to /cgl/ on cuckchan, you'd understand that there are a lot of women in the cosplay community that are massively insecure bitches. Instead of engaging in cosplay confidently, they lash out against the more attractive and successful cosplayers out there. Thus, they subconsciously use the threat of sexual harassment to scare away any potential rivals by portraying cosplay as something dangerous to be avoided.

Another benefit to scaring people with "sexual harassment" is the accumulation of power. Not satisfied with spreading fear to anyone who might be more charming than themselves, they can use the cons lack of "protection" against "sexual harassment" as leverage to gain more control within, or even of, the convention. They can get rules put in place that gives them the right to accuse anyone of "sexual harassment" without any evidence, or they can get themselves on the convention board and use their position to choose who can or cannot attend.

Sexual harassment at cons isn't an epidemic. It's a weapon for insecure bitches.

Bullshit.

Let's start by dropping gas bombs on the places that truly matter, like California (especially San Francisco and Hollywood), then Florida (especially Disney) and then maybe New York, specifically Time Square cuz that's where the big disasters always hit first in the movies, and finally we hit DC and Marvel's HQs with everything we got. CN and Nick will go down with California.

pretty sure CN has hq in Atlanta & Nick's in Florida

Then Atlanta is the first to go then followed by Florida and California.

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2AFsap5UI

Even later in the scene they took some freedoms. compare:

youtube.com/watch?v=o5XUtaFeIeI

I guess we shouldn't expect any less from the people who gave us "Gamergate creep".

I still remember the shitstorm that followed by even people who did not care about GG and how the writer and voice actor had to be told to shut the fuck up multiple times by the staff to the point where they passive aggressively apologized for the whole thing and their twitter outbursts. They even changed the line in the official release.

There was also a mod who kept threatening to ban people for being to hostile and trying to calm others down because they were taking it to seriously, but then he ended up losing his mod position because he was shit talking Anime and GG on another website and got called out for lying about his bias to the people on the forum.

You also have the problem that most popular cosplayers get attention through either being yaoibait or showing off their tits rather than being genuinely good. You know those girls that bitch that they're called sluts when they cosplay something skanky? It's usually other women.
This applies outside of cosplay too. Source: am girl, call skanks what they are

Too bad cgl has become shit now. It's full of facebook whores who don't know how to cosplay, and get triggered if you make fun of fatties and sluts. You get banned for insulting Jnig's whore ass.

Thanks for proving my point.

Maybe if you spent more time building some self-confidence and less bitching that some slut has better tits than you, you might get somewhere in life.

I was agreeing with your point.
Though honestly it's less not having self-confidence and more just women liking attention. If a girl lowers the bar so that she gets attention just for wearing a bra and calling it a Freddy Kreuger cosplay, then other girls aren't going to get attention unless they drop the bar that far, too.
And regardless of what they may tell you, attention is very, very important to girls.

That's fucking shit logic right there.

Nigri is successful because she has the right personality and the smarts to market her looks. People come for the tits, but stay because she's charming and funny. That's how she's able to get away with crap cosplay. She's a lot like Elvira. Gotta get people invested in the whole package.

Which brings me back to my point. Your thinking shallow, believing it's her funbags that keep her rolling in neckbeards, and you can't see that it's because she knows not to act like a fucking massive bitch. Bitches can't see that so they go out of their way to try and scare whores like Nigri off or get them out of conventions. They go to all this work for attention when the answer to more attention is staring them right in their face: You want attention? Don't act like a bitch.

…Nigri is a bitch, m8. And similar cosplayers who show they're tits. They aren't 'nice,' they're the most dramatic, which is why they go the furthest to try and gain attention. What was that cosplay show she and Yaya appeared in, that was all centered around drama? Can't remember the name, but it goes to show that they're the most dramatic and attention whoring in the cosplay community. Which is also part of the reason why people hate those sluts.
I don't know anyone that gives a shit about her personality and even she knows this is a problem. I recall her bitching on her Facebook that her fans only treat her as a pair of tits, even though that's all her own doing.

Don't be a white knight. I'm sure with you acting like this, you're even worse than me. I bet you're one of those faggots that never take initiative with women and then cry when they're overlooked. Which is much less reasonable than wanting attention without showing off your tits.

Are you autistic? He agreed with your point and said people often don't put effort in costumes.

The show was Heroes of Cosplay. It's literally the first result when you google "cosplay show". Nigri wasn't in it. According to kikepedia, she declined.

I appear to have struck a nerve, do you want to talk about it?

You have no regrets, this is the only path?

Well, I give credit to Funi for doing that much at least.

Was it elf ears?
Elves are made for bullying and sexual harassment user. You should've known better.

at least you can have a dick made of diamonds

Yeah, all the popularity she gets from her pictures must be do the charm emanating from those pictures and not the giant tits.

Well there's your fucking problem.

What else would SJWs do with it? They know it's popular, and thus, the perfect outlet for their shit.

Great post. Capped.

web.archive.org/web/20160512070031/http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/attack-titan-snk-hange-hanji-gender-debate/

This article says otherwise. It kind of makes it sound like there is going to be a reveal later on, though I could see the mangaka just doing this to please the fanbase.

Personally, Hanji was always my favorite female character in AoT and the idea of her being non-binary pisses me the fuck off. Gay, Straight, Bi, fine whatever. But then you have these assholes that think because they made a tumblr post saying gender is just a social construct, we completely ignore it.

I don't have that story, but I have this.

Fuck that's a trip. I'm not even mad anymore that it's a jpg and was probably saved off Imgur- that shit is just unreal.

Cringe to the max.

We must preserve the post for future reference.