This week on Sinfest

So this weeks Sunday strip has some fembots getting juiced up while the magical murder forest outside destroys some spy drones.

"Look how badass this female OC is" #252

What the fuck is even happening anymore?

Let me know when he finally offs himself
Because that's honestly the only way I can see this ending
And not just for him, but handstab and willis and all the other web comic fags
Madness, then suicide
(unless they get serious serious mental help)

For a while now I've been imagining how it would look like if Tats depicted Slick coming to terms with the fact that he has no place in the world anymore, and how he decides to leave it. Think about it:
- The girl of his dreams becomes a lesbian and utterly shuns him. Every other woman he comes across does about the same - it's pretty much become an unspoken truth that he'll never be with anyone.
- Because of how suddenly, harshly and cruelly his muse has disappeared from him, he no longer had the inspiration or motivation to pursue his artistic talents that he enjoyed. Now, he's resigned himself to a soul-crushing job as a drone in a factory that creates literal drones, effectively becoming a cog in the machine/system that makes life around him so shitty.
The only bright spot he has left in his life is his friendship with Squig, but friendship isn't really enough to sustain a person. I can only imagine two ways that this would end in a way that would make sense and be a satisfying callback to the beautiful and somewhat deep, emotional strips of Sinfest from long ago:
1) Slick looks around him at what his life has become and what he has left to look forward to in it, and commits suicide - leaving a simple, touching, yet damning note for everyone; or (this option is a bit too depressing and pointed in my opinion)
2) He decides to sell his house and possessions to leave town and see the world for a while, in a combined gesture of checking off his bucket list and searching for any hope that he might find something in this world to make him want to stay in it. At the end, finding nothing, he returns to town to give everyone he cares/cared about one last visit, then goes up on the hill with the tree to talk to God: telling him how he's lost his direction and sense of purpose in life, and asking if he'll give him something, or just take him away from it all; but, if he doesn't feel like helping with either, he'll just go and end his life on his own - he just figures he'd go to God first, since he has strong feelings against suicide, and wants to give him a chance to help him out. A breeze blows across town, alerting everyone that knew and cared about Slick that something just happened. The very last panel shows the hill with the tree, with Slick no longer there - just his signature sunglasses left lying on the grass.

That's fucking deep man
You must have really liked sinfest

Are you going to make this thread every week? I swear I've seen 3 of them already. Why not just make one thread where we can bash this stuff instead of a weekly context-less image where all the responses are "I don't know what's going on" and "This comic is bad."

Well, i made one about 5 weeks ago, and asked if folks would want to see more, i got a positive reply and so i have kept this up.

I can stop if you want though.

#2 is obviously more poignant and feels inducing, but I can't help but think that the Sinfest forums would cheer at how they won and now that cis white male will never stain the pages of their comic again.

At that point, Sinfest might stop updating in favor of a mouthfull of sleeping pills.

Personally I'd like you to keep going.

They probably meant they would like to see more posts in that thread, not a weekly special of this shit, like we're going to remember that one strip we saw last week and just carry the discussion over to the new thread every 7 days. Make this thread some sort of Sinfest general, don't just post one strip, and give us something to work off of more than just "Hey guys, sinfest"

That's some damn fine thinking you got there user. Do you write? You should write. Unfortunately it would show too much awareness, would require the comic focusing on a man as the focal point of the drama instead of men reacting to women/'the patriarchy' and let's face it, Tats is going to give him a cheap revelation.

okay, once this one hits bump limit i name the next one as "Sinfest general" or as "Let's laugh at Tatsu general".

Monique ignores it, Squig is either high or at work, Crimnee is the only one who notices, possibly with a confused "Slick?".
The rest of the cast rejoices at his death. Except the devil. He knows a bad hand when he sees it, and he just comes to collect the soul that's promised him. The only thing he says to Slick as he shoves him into the fiery pit is that "at least down there you know who your enemies are."

I've only read a smattering of the classic Sinfest comics and it was enough for this to hit me hard.

2) would be wonderful to read.

I did, and memories of what it was allows me to still do, and still have hope. After all, if Tats could change the comic from what it was to what it is now, he can change it back too - or maybe even change it to something better.

only occasionally, as a hobby

I'd like to think that if the Devil did try to prevent Slick from being taken away by God, he'd pull a Constantine on us and flick him off as he's disappearing into the clouds - one final, satisfying view of the old Slick we knew and loved, as he seals his victory and goes out like a boss.

for the love all that is good and righteous, don't call it a general. Generals have left a bad taste in mouth after all the drama it caused on halfchan. Just call it Sinfest or Let's laugh at Tatsu without the general.

I know I'm being anal about it, but generals left me with a migraine. especially after the whole 5+ years homestuck debacle.

Not to mention shit like MLP general, AT general, RS general, sugen, and other such faggotry.

Ok i hear ya.
**Only general experiences for me were from /vg/ and Holla Forums, so i have no idea what generals on Holla Forums were ever like.

Pure cancer. The only real exception is the QC one because it's about hate instead of love.

Can't we rescue Slick like we tried to rescue Mary?

Slick is too far gone, user. He was a white straight male, having him lead in any capacity for the comic would hurt the message.

Same goes for Criminy, that poor little bookworm. He and Fuchsia aren't even together anymore, she left him to "be her own woman".

Oh fuck, Criminy. I totally forgot about him.

What happened to him?

She did?

I have no face with which i could show this feeling of sadness and disgust…

Why must this comic constantly shit on its better characters in favour of the trike cunt and her idiocy?

Criminy and Fuschia are still together, nothing's happened between them that would indicate they've broken up, they just don't appear in strips that much anymore. Stop trying to stir up shit.

Mark my words, if Tatsuya is ever forced to acknowledge Fuchsia and Criminy's old relationship and write scenes for them again, he'll make Criminy come out as a tranny first thing when they're alone and talking

tats is a genius he can indulge his fetishes and be a sanctimonious prick at the same time!

Gut punch with a feels fist. I liked classic sinfest but didn't love it, but it really feels like back then comics (and everything else really) was STACKED with vitality and talent. Now everyone's art is better, everything is slick and glossy and beautifully produced, but the message is so terrible, the whole thing so poisonous. God I hate it. If Sinfest came out today it'd be the best webcomic going by far.

Exactly.
Looks to me like Tw@suya doesn't want any of those gosh-darned heteronormative relationships but he knows there would be significant backlash if he broke up a couple that was actually working, or maybe he just plain doesn't know how to make Criminy suddenly turn misogynist without raising suspicion.

So, he does the next best thing - has them fade into obscurity and hope everyone forgets.

Why anyone who I liked more or less turns to be shit?

So Slick is a demon now, also I'm starting to think Tats is coming on co/ to read our thoughts on Sinfest.

humanity is fallen and God's love is a self-comforting lie

So Nique having some demonic spirit that tries to attack people with a pitchfork is okay, but Slick throwing a tomato is bad?

That chick is Monique? But Monique was blonde and didn't dress like a riot grrl hipster poser from Seattle.

Because people in general are insufferable faggots that refuse to consider the possibility they might be wrong about some things.
This is especially true for artists.

He can suck a dick.

So now Slick will be demonized and shit on, right?

Noone can save us from this grim dark future.

Noone.

He's literally demonized now.

So is she the lead singer of a band, or is this supposed to be a slam poetry concert?

All this good and evil BS Tats is supposed to portray is Sinfest, he fails to show the constantly and objectively evil shit third wave feminists do on a daily basis. Every thing SJWs do is bigoted and racist as fuck, why not point that shit out Tats, you fucking coward. Literally every demon chick is just misunderstood, same for human chicks as well. All women are 4 year olds who have no personal agency. I'm not sure how stupid his audience has to be, to be babied and patronized by messages of, "Women are never responsible for their actions and you are not capable of personal choice," and still read this comic and support this comic.

How could we possibly hate Slick in this situation? We've all been Slick.

Before, it seemed like she was doing some kind of spoken word thing, but now I have no idea.

Christ, what a horrible thought…
The "crowd" at such a thing would be so pretentious that by the end of the night they'd disappear up their own asses so far and so hard they'd collapse into black holes.

The trend of SJWs authors writing villains that are better than the heroes continues!

seriously how the fuck does this keep happening

It's not even that we like them because they share viewpoints we agree with, they seem to always be genuinely better people (or at least more human and compelling) purely on accident.

Relevant

It is indeed slam poetry.

Sinfest, you say?

why couldn't you just stick to making cheesecake comedy, Tats

why did it come to this

Because SJWs are snake people without feelings wearing human skin.

Because everyone you are fond of will disappoint you and show how much of a faggot they really are.

To evil people, good looks like evil. They literally have no idea about how corrupt and cancerous their beliefs are.

As for the writing, all of the main characters have everything going well for them all the time. They live in some paradise where they make no wrong choices and if they do make a mistake, they always blame someone else for that failure. So the people who take the blame and are ostracized by this society are supposed to be the bad guys, all while they build and make everything, they're the workers who slave in darkness so SJWs can dance in the sunlight. They are the real oppressed ones, they have the most characterization because they have their flaws and have the feminist's flaws projected on to them, thus making them the most human and relatable characters in these SJW comics.

26.jpg? Does that mean there was a 1-25 of this?

Because they are terrible writers. They go under "character did/said X, there for you will never feel sympathy for him/her" as a way to write villains.

Wow, Slick is a still a nice guy, warning her about Monique's user tendencies. The second comic is probably what Tats hears from his gf/land-whale everyday.

We are in some serious self loathing territory here now.

Let's hope Slick dies soon, he's is too good to live in the retard dystopia that Sinfest has become.

God damn, if anything this makes me feel for Slick even more.

Yes, because ripping off that nigger supremicist album cover is *so* original.

This is just sad. Slick was better than this. He was single-minded and often stupid, but he wasn't evil. He even seemed to be going through character development over time that was making him a slightly better person.

Let's face it the warning isn't unwarranted either. Old Monique was a tease and a user and that was the hook Tatsuya used to do what he's doing. Monique clearly isn't in a good place mentally NOW because she's more aggressive and hostile than any demons in the comic and not a safe person to be around.

But fundamentally that won't be acknowledged, not because of Feminism, but because both Nique and Tatsuya are overcompensating for shame in their past. Nique HAS to be right otherwise Tatsuyas entire worldview collapses. Because regardless of rumors of Tatsuya doing thingsnIRL, he would be forced to admit he's wastednfive years of his own life and ruined his financial success over nothing, since Sinfests ad revenue isn't enough to live on anymore and Tatsuya clearly needs to depend on other things, which is going to shatter his pride.

Tatsuya himself is someone I worry about. His own nature has left him self destructive with nothing to show for it. One day something's gotta give. Either wherever his money is coming from will up, one of his rare new fans will act.on the violent shit he's been saying, or worst of all Tatsuya will wake up one day and look at himself and see something he doesn't like staring back.

Ok, now this is getting weird.
Are we gonna see the birth of nice guy slick who is going to be a total ally and never ever question the good and righteous message of matriarchy?

God, I hope not, but I fear that's where we're heading.

you piece of shit

that image is one of despair

I would actually feel bad it Tatsuya offed himself

On the bright side, at least it's not showcasing yet another "badass" female OC.

I don't think there is going to be another bright side

This feels like it was written from a painful spot.

Wait, hold the fuck up. Has the Slick we've been following just been some demon side shit and the real Slick has just been asleep this whole time?

How fucking long does that motherfucker sleep, anyway?

By what i remember from a year or two ago.

I get the feeling that this is going to be even more pitiful than it's been up to this point. You're probably right about how this shit's going to go. God, fuck this.

It's either split personality bullshit or there's only enough room for one to exist at a time.

I guess the guy in the story is Slick now, or soon will be.

I guess Tats is either going to cuck Slick some more, or Slick is back to bring an end to this horrible mess that Sinfest has become. There might be a third option, that the world that Tats has been writing since his conversion to social justice was a mirror reality, thus making everything that has happen from that point on inconsequential to the real Sinfest's continuity. Maybe Tats is tired of being like Slick in the drone factory, forced to manufacture the same propaganda over and over again for a corrupt and evil ideology and is now ready to hit the reset button. Coming soon, Sinfest NOW!!!

It wouldn't be the least reasonable thing he's written lately.

Sinfest is still updating?

would be nice

From a psychological perspective it can't stick without the buck being passed.

Tatsuya is deep in self flagellations. To have Slick change would be to admit people can be better without guilt which means forgiving himself. But if people can change and be forgiven it means kill all men isn't a justifiable philosophy and he is wrong. But if people can't change then there's no hope for his self hating ass.

Either Slick is going to change, and abandon Squig who won't to facilitate that self hatred, or Slick will not be forgiven, because he's accountable for his Devil, which by extension means so is Monique.

This strip is basically Tatsuyas mind in a nutshell. He wants to draw sexy, as he clearly puts a lot of work into showing what badwrong attractive women look like, but he needs to justify it and lock it away and clearly has shit he needs to work through.

What if he changes his mind once again and he makes the total dick move of making everything that happened all those years a dream and get back into silly sexy fun?

Is sinfest closing in to art territory yet?
I mean, we are already analyzing the artist by his work like a bunch of pretentious art critics.

Sinfest is the webcomic version of a dead bird in a cage. You want to look away, yet at the same time you're filled with morbid curiosity.

Dear Sinfest God, please put Slick out of his misery. End his suffering.

Yawn, Slick is so 2004, would you not rather read about this new character, whatshisface?

dude is pretty fucking white

just end tatsuya

I think he is more asian than white.

Ok, so now that Tatsu has done away with the mini arc of his internal demons, he can go back to being the oh so tortured artist.

that room is nicer than mine

Guess who's never played vidya before?

he he he haw haw haw

Hey, you know what Sinfest needs? More characters nobody cares about.

I'd read a story about a cute family of mischief-making devils.

If it was made by someone other than Tats.

Remember when the whole devil boy was so the devil could have a fanboy?

Remember how it was retconnected in a such bullshitting way?

Whatever happened to the devil?

I think he became the representative of patriarchy or something.
He hardly ever talks and only walks into scenes very rarely.

This weeks sunday strip brings us to…
Some more showcases of badassery from our supposed protagonists.
[Ginyu tokusentai intensifies]

jesus christ why?

I feel like we need to start turnign this into a gogo general or something to deal with how terrible this comic has become

would anyone mind if I turned this into a my hero academia thread like we do /jojo/ with adventure time?

Don't know. I enjoy my rage. I like to steer it and keep it boiling. I enjoy the strong taste of pain and feel my muscles tense with stress and disgust.

Anyway, is Tets now against alcohol? Is he ironically turning into a fundamental christian? that would be hillarious.

What the hell is going on? Girl just slices up apples and flying god's eye/Illuminati symbol makes bottles explode, but what the fuck is up with these three headed dogs and kid throwing glitter around?

Fucking lethe babbies.

What's the second bottle? 'Lethe-', what does that complete to? I would have thought 'Lethargy' or something if it ended one letter sooner.

No, fuck off.

Naw, it's just that.
Lethe.
In universe it's apparently a pond filled with water that makes you forget shit, that's why lil' E is now a sparkly guy who hardly talks, because he doesn't remember his own past anymore.
And then there was another character, some random guy who owned a sexbot, for that he got beat up by the fembot patrol, had some lethe, was fooled to magic himself into a form of frog and then he jumped into the pond, forgetting he was ever a human at all.

Oh and at some point devil opened a bottling plant at its shore, starting to sell liquid memory loss.

Jesus.

Sounds like Lil'E has been mind-raped to me!
That's what tw@s is advocating, huh? That rape's ok?

Not only is that an extremely contrived jump you've made but even if 'mind rape' was actual rape, SJWs don't care about being hypocrites. I forget how they justify double-think but I think it's 'speaking truth to power' or something.

That is HORRIFYINGLY evil. Especially to do to someone that hasn't done anything wrong.

Like, in fiction that's usually reserved for super-hitler.

And it was a nameless side character who had not appeared before and will never appear after.
Whose only reason to exist was that he had a tiring job, got a sexbot, had some fun, then it got hacked by the sisterhood and ran away and then when he tried to get it back…

Jesus.

Man, REAL sexbots can't get here fast enough. If this is the kind of shit people do in the name of 'woman' then I want nothing to do with them. Ever.

you fuck of

If lethe water can do that shit it sounds like the ultimate date-rape drug.

There are no bad tactics, just bad targets.