Delete this thread, Dan Backslide

Delete this thread, Dan Backslide.

Other urls found in this thread:

thekat.tv/looney-tunes-golden-collection-vol-1-6-t3096274.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These memes are going to kill the dover boys cartoon.

Hey, we're getting in a rut!

It's like like the Dover Boys were doing anything anyway…

Why is this a thing?

It's pretty weird this cartoon, of all things, is going viral.

I mean, it's a fun cartoon even if the end was weak, but I don't get why the internet just now cares about it.

The copyright expired on it, and I guess a lot of people had never watched it and really got into it.

Oh, I see. I guess that makes sense. I do remember only seeing this once on Boomerang, and it didn't register then because I was younger.

Like I said, it's still a fun cartoon. I wish WB and Disney would just release their old cartoons online, because I don't know what good they're doing sitting in vaults, not being shown to anyone.

Well it's not the first time.

The copyright on it expired a while ago. The real reason it's been blowing up later is because some tumblr post about it got super popular and it caused waves/ripples that reached other internet communities.

Aside from being public domain and widely available on the net now, it's quite an important cartoon with Chuck Jones doing a lot of smearing tricks. It was listed as one of the 50 Most Important Cartoons in the old 90s book.

Dude, I've been clamouring for this for years. Having a site with high quality prints to view, even with ads, would be a godsend. The closest is Disney posting shortened "Have a Laugh" versions of old shorts on their Mickey Mouse Youtube, but they're truncated down to like 3 minutes and, worst of all, re-dubbed with the modern voice actors and sound effects. I think they're versions they play on Disney channel when a movie or something is too short of a broadcast.

I hate this image the most.

HELP TOM!

HELP DICK!

HELP LARRY!

delete this post dan backslide.

It's funny. I watched this cartoon today and I've been looking up Dan Backslide videos and information on the cartoon all day. I came to Holla Forums with hopes I'd find more stuff on Dover Boys.

I am not disappoint

A runabout

It is half the fact that it became Public Domain, and the other half is people making ebin Jojokes about it. myself included

I H A T E D I C K

my bet would be because it's early RANDUMB XD humor

I'll steal it!

Because there was a time where cartoons were funny.

No one will ever know!

If you seriously think this is the same level or type of humor as something like Uncle Grandpa, there's something wrong with you.

You niggers seem to be trying to turn this into Holla Forums's Plane Scene. The difference between the two, and the reason this won't succeed as a meme, is that The Dover Boys is completely self aware.

Also, did you people really not see the cartoon a hundred or so times growing up? Did you people even watch Looney Toons as children? If not go watch all of these thekat.tv/looney-tunes-golden-collection-vol-1-6-t3096274.html

You're right.

I merely adopted Looney Tunes. You were born with them, moulded by them. You didn't see a Disney flick until you were already a man.

That's Tom

Fun fact, you buncha thundering tumblrcunts!

The Dover Boys were a meme 6 years ago when the ponyfags would play it on repeat during their streams while waiting for new episodes to air.

So not only are you really fucking late on this one, but you're also recycling memes through other memes because you're such a bunch of uncreative retards.

Oh please, I loved this six years ago and I still love it now.

Not saying you shouldn't enjoy it. It's a good cartoon. Tumblr is just recycling old memes because literally all they are capable of is regurgitating 4chan's leftovers.

that's tom's dick

I'll steal a ruuuuuunabout!
Backslide will maaaake you out and out!

It's strange to see a dead meme come back full force.

1.) its public domain now

2.) It's kind of an obscure cartoon, and the internet seems to love putting obscure shit in the limelight

Its really as simple as that

But yeah the influx of Doverposting is because of the recent public domain

I mean obscure to the normalfags

No I mean why would they make this cartoon a meme? I don't get it….

It recently became public domain

Like I said, it's the best known Looney Tunes short that doesn't involve one of their iconic stars (what else is there?)

One Froggy Evening is definitely more well known than The Dover Boys, but you still have a point. Most people(in the U.S. anyway) grew up watching the Looney Toons, and that was one of the most shown shorts, so everyone who remembers Looney Toons probably remembers Dover Boys as well.

and runabout, It was me DIO!!! no one will never know

How could I Forget One Froggy Evening?

I don't actually remember watching Dover Boys on TV/VHS

Fucking hell my sides

Tumblr better not start applying genders, ethnics and whatnot to my favorite public domain childhood cartoon.