Soviet/Slav cartoons appreciation thread

Awfully quiet around here in the department of Eastern animation. inb4 >>a Let's fix that.

What if I told you that there are fan-made ones on Youtube?

I like how you can tell exactly what kind of curses these fellas are screaming at him without even knowing the language

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of one russian cartoon and google is being most unhelpful

features a russian soldier or supersoldier. red hair, green uniform, who basically stands in the way of the cold war going hot
I recall one episode in which the american president is being targeted by the russian mafia, so he has to intercept them

Captain Pronin?

I will also leave this here.

that's the guy. thanks user

I wonder who owns the rights to this guy. I wouldn't mind a revival.

And how everyone just starts running up to him to beat the shit out of him. Other than the cop, how many of those do you think caught him?

kek

What if I told you to link to them you snorkfucker. Unless they're machinima.

what the heck

I was expecting Cr1tikal but the soviet theme in the background made it up for it

Either nobody or all of them but slavs have some vampiristic health regeneration so we don't see it from his face

Probably none. They had to keep stopping to squat.

Pikachu is Japanese
Maybe the guy who drew this just assumed it was from USA…

Here you go, one of the many fine animated products. Knowledge of Russian is required, however.

it also has polish and czech cartoons on the russian side even though neither of them wants anything to do with russia anymore

This is better

most likely either Mikhail Zaitsev (the creator) or Studio Ekran (production company)

there is both a book series (1996-2013) and a video game (1997)

source: wikipedia

It's actually kind of depressing that this is what passes for pranks over in slav land. What's the average IQ in those parts?

I'll just drop this one off here.

Heres the Soviet Snow Queen in its entirety, done by one of the animator greats Lev Atamanov.

This is actually Miyazaki's 2nd inspiration for his career in anime, and one of his favorite films of all time.

I think there's also an Electrode all the way in the back

So everyone in that pic is probably about to die anyway

I forgot where I got this but I think it counts.

man, this makes me really sad that Russian animation never took off. The art style and movement is very unique.

Oh it took off alright, it just crashed along the way, and it's pretty much the same as everyone elses's

For some reason I kind of got a "Beatles Yellow Submarine" vibe from watching that, style wise I mean, albeit less colorful, maybe the Brits got inspiration from Eastern Europe or vice-versa

If you want something inspired by Yellow Submarine, then take a look at this.

Though Soviet animators began experimenting with all kinds of artstyles and techniques in 60s.

Love this general style. Here's Ivan Maximov - Fru 89 / From left to right

There are some odds and ends in these threads as well:
>>>/film/2079
>>>/film/4411

when you have communist country of course you want to maintain you local stuff that would be normally imported from other countries. but then you go globalist and you don't need to make your own cartoons since disney and co. will flood your market with cheap ass cartoons and shit

open market a bitch

last time i checked the soveit union was still doing trade with the US and still receiving their checks from the wallstreet bankers who funded the bolshevik revolution well into the coldwar.

By the way, Maximov worked on video game

I remember seeing a really good Soviet Treasure Island adaptation. Animation was nice, but every 15 minutes some weird live band would come up and start singing about the evils of money, smoking, drinking, and so on like a bunch of red Monkees.

It's one of the best. The humor in it is hilarious.

That's the one user, thanks for delivering. Really good one, you can notice the recycled animation at parts but it makes up for it in other ways. Thanks for supplying a compilation though, before I had to hop video to video

The group in question was called Grotesque, by the way. They usually performed in "Soviet punk" genre.

More Lev Atamanov. I really like the color palette in this one. Gives the whole thing this typical russian ornamental look to it.

Anybody got the Soviet Macbeth? Used to watch that at school

Too bad this one wasn't subbed yet - it would trigger feminists so much

Here's another unique product. It utilises an interesting technique in which frames are drawn over photos, if memory serves right.

That's called "rotoscoping"

10/10