Physics thread

Give me some physics questions, I'll answer them!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_the_universe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much energy is lost due to the friction of you not fucking off?

Since I'm not fucking off, I am not moving against any force, so 0.

Have you ever let out such a majestic fart that it actually hurt?

the order in which forces and particles etc formed during the big bang

From the most fundamental up. So directly after the big bang we think everything was a quark-gluon soup until quarks combined to form hadrons which bound to form hydrogen, helium and a bit of lithium nuclei. At this point nucleons and electrons were separated forming a giant plasma. It wasn't until recombination that light could travel without scattering off the free charged particles so this is the furthest we can see back with optical telescopes (but not gravity wave detectors!)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_the_universe

by linking to wikipedia

It's supplementary to my brief overview.

hey physic bro. physics b.s. grad here.

tell me everything you know about milikan's oil drop experiment.
show your work.

Not a question but if you haven't done it, look up how they had to construct the LIGO detectors. Complete insanity. They want to make a gravity wave detector in space as well, forget the name but it has a neat orbit.

An iron spring is compressed and clamped in the compressed position. It is then placed in a vat of acid which corrodes and dissolves the iron, but not the clamp.

Where did the potential energy go?

I know the basics of it. Anything in particular you want to know about it?

Simple overview is as such:

I know a bit about the LIGO detectors. Do you mean they way they insulate from vibrations? That isn't even the cool part.

The cool part is the squeezed light they will be using at some point. Effectively you can get below the Heisenberg limit some of the time you take measurements by creating squeezed light that is a 2 photon coherent state using non linear media. Thus improving sensitivity by a huge amount.

It isn't active yet as far as i know.

Into the mass of the metal solution. But practically as the spring corroded it would snap thus releasing as sound/surface fracture/heat etc.

lol…no.
It has to wind up as heat in the acid solution. The challenge is in explaining the specific process through which this occurs.

That's interesting, that is hard to comprehend though, reducing fluctuations in a vacuum. It doesn't look like much but I guess every bit matters.

The insulation from vibrations equipment is cooler to look at imo.

one of these is that satellite orbit

How does Jim lift his fat belly up so high?

You do realize that the acid solution being hotter and having an increased mass are not mutually exclusive right?

It's the classic problem of if two object collide and merge, where does the kinetic energy go? The answer is that the energy of the two moving objects before is the same as the energy of the final object, which is it's mass because it isn't moving.

If you want specifics, I would say that the chemical potential of metal->acidified metal is increased as the spring is at higher energy so moving an atom from metal into solution releases more energy (the reaction is more exothermic).

The tension in the spring is basically extra tension at the atomic level. It means it takes a little less energy for the acid atoms to take off iron molecules, so the chemical reaction is effectively more exothermic.

Or i should more correctly say the difference in chemical potential becomes more negative.

Too slow :^)

Really? It's all springs and dashpots to me that part doesn't seem very interesting. What is so interesting about it? Genuinely curious.

Is that 3 satellites co-orbiting at 3 of the lagrange points? Also note that the second diagram is a bit misleading. Gravity waves are similar but not the same as EM waves. You don't have an analogy of the B field and since the polarisation is described by a rank 2 tensor not a rank 1 (vector) there are more than just elliptical polarisations possible.

The interesting part is sending light into a vacuum to reduce fluctuations in the vacuum (if I understand it correctly). I'm sure it makes sense in the quantum world.

How does your physics explain the origins of earth and moon?

Pro-tip: It can't.

You're probably some high school kid but okay I'll bite.
So I was thinking of using wormholes in something I am currently working on as an explanation to traveling around I avoid spaceships so essentially my guy has a powerful device on his arm that can teleport him near instantly towards anywhere at any given time plus to new dimensions I plan to ignore alternate realities on entirely different worlds.
How would a wormhole around 8 feet high and 6 feet in width sound?
Now I have an explanation for what made this technology and such it's a sci-fi. Anyways other question is this what about a forcefield to protect from specific things as well how could I explain that?

so what are you saying that's it's impossible that forces didn't exist long before us, or out in space that did not move that?
It's an act of fuck you

and ded thread. Well so much for my questions with someone who may actually know how to explain what I needed.

What would it take for Kènnedi Cötarelo to forgive me?

Because you're delusional.

urff was originally Maldek between Mars and Jupiter. Then Nibiru fucked it's ass, made the ass-troid belt, and Earth found a new orbit between Mars and Venus, ~26,000 years ago. This improvised consciousness shift worked independently and externally from the sentient species colonizing our planet, so we were unprepared. After a 'comet', breaking Pangaea, dinosaurs, the ice age movies, the hebrew adventures, Lemuria, Atlantis, and all of pre-history, our Earth and civilization kept alive after the moon magically poofed into existence. No, there's no scientific explanation for the moon. It's planet-moon ratio is larger than any other moon we know of, and its composed of synthetic unnaturally-occurring isotopes of nuclear waste, and some star helium. Humans bombed the moon twice with nuclear explosives, and recorded its reverberating gong sound, suggest a hollow center, and impenetrable shell. Also, 2 minutes of feed was cut on the lunar landing, that was staged and filmed in Hollywood, where udder spatial allens told hoomins to fuck off and go back to the quarantine rock they were marooned on.

It's strange, because no matter how many times physics says 2 cosmic rocks smashed into each other to make Earth and moon, it still has no account for the excess water, varying composition, and ignores Sumerian astronomical records.

I heard a theory about the moon being that asteroid hitting us. I've never thought about how our moon got there and we also know everything within the universe takes a long fucking time to form so the earth is older than 26k

Like nothign cause there is no sound in space…

Im here again, was busy

what is a physic?

magic

What area of physics holds the most promise of offering the next great breakthrough. By breakthrough i mean electricity, internet etc.

Quantum information which will give us quantum computers.

You will see some shit in the next 20 years believe me.

you are all a bunch of faggots, especially this guy

You guys probably don't even have good windows like we do.

Don't you learn advanced physics by 7th grade?

How many newtons of force must you put into a meme for it to gain inertia on the internet?

Is there a way I can use physics to get laid?