Best scene ever

no matter how many times I re-watch this, I choke up. Its also kinda related to Christmas, the triumph of good.

kys

To be fair it does have some good Bane related stuff, like about being born in darkness, or fighting like a younger mann, or feeling in charge, or removing hotheads.

I think what happens after the prologue is just a long post-credit scene.

alfred explicitl states that the ending was exactly what he wanted.

holy shit its so bad

Tangerines not even once

My friend said after we saw the movie that this scene could have been way more powerful, if they didn't show Bruce with Selena, just how Alfred sees them, smiles and nods. If you think about it, he is right. The viewer should have payed attention to that little speech Alfred gave at the beginning to know what the scene meant.

does anybody have this remixed webm where alfred keeps talking about "tangerine the size of a ruby" then "child the size of a tangerine" etc?

Then we would have had endless arguments from a bunch of autists whether he actually saw Bruce or if it was just "real in his mind".

This, Alfred told him how every year he would go to that table at that restaurant and hope to see Wayne with a gf having a normal life. What could Wayne even tell him at that point? Alfred understood that Wayne finally got a normal life, a smoking hot gf and left the safety of the city to other people(Robin).

That scene is good, but it doesn't compare to this masterpiece.

Batman doesn't quit.

He either finds a way to keep fighting himself or he trains someone he can pass the torch to.

Batman doesn't fucking quit.

End of.

Also, I don't know why Nolan felt he needed to "rescue" him from being Batman. Bruce Wayne is the fucking alter ego, Batman is who he is. He'd be tired of hanging with fucking Catwoman within a day or two and be back to punching people upside the head again.

and yeah I get the implied ending, where maybe him seeing Bruce at the cafe was just a hallucination, but still

/thread

get the fuck out of here asap

And why would this be bad?

This is the type of attitude that has given us 50+ years of Batman and Superman stories. Oh no we can't retire these characters, they will fight till death our company goes bankrupt. Are people mad that in Batman Beyond, Bruce isn't Batman anymore and instead has to train his son? At least with this ending you knew that Nolan couldn't make anymore Batman movies.

Anybody have that webm from Batman Return of the Caped Crusaders were Catwoman offers Batman to run away with her and Robin responds "Holy Unsatisfying Ending Batman".