How to say no to your boss for longer hours?

I can't because

How do I into diplomacy and make this work without sperging and say something that will make me lose my job?
I don't have a clue how to handle things like this except brutal honesty (doesn't work in this world).

Other urls found in this thread:

girlschase.com/content/how-say-no-others-and-turn-down-compliance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only subtle thing I can think of is tell him that I do work freelance on the side, but I can't tell if it will backfire on my ass.

(I understand that I can't tell them that I would like to be able to go to the gym and have a life.)

Why not simply tell him "No can do. Sorry.".
Most civilized nations have laws against firing people for turning down extra work.

you know how you say no to someone who isn't your boss?

basically, you just have to do that, but to the guy who is your boss

But isn't looking bad to you if you say I can't do full time work, but I can do half-day/6 hours?

It's one thing to say I can't work over full-time/8 hours and another to say I can't work more than 5-6 hours.

depends what kind of guy he is

is he a jerk?

Looking bad? What is that to him?
he pays you for 6 hours/day. He gets 6 hours/day.
End of story. If he wants more, please remember this quote from Goodfellas: "Fuck you, pay me."

not really, actually he seems too friendly and enthusiastic about me. I almost feel a bit defensive.

there is another detail that plays into it that you should know.
We will sign a contract on Monday and he told me it's ok to make it for 6 hours. But was kept encouraging me to do more.
So the subject might come up in a few weeks. "hey do you think you are ready to do more", it's easy, you are very good" etc

That is why I am trying to find a proper reason that won't be just "let me get used to it and we'll see".
Something to draw my line.. without having to pull out my stupid mental boundaries and meds just yet..

just tell him you've given it a lot of thought and that you're not ready yet

..these threads make me feel very autistic. You all sound so simple and rational while there is a social chaos in my mind when I think how to go about in life without being brutally honest.

Should I ask my doctor next time if i am actually disabled?

one last thing. He seems to be one of those guys that are good with talking and convincing people and also asks in your face things like "why, what do you have to do? you want to work right?"

Gives you those ultimatums that can end very bad.

I hate that I can relate so much to you about this

couldn't hurt I guess

white lying is the best skill for robotic people like as. we should learn about this. being polite and %100 honest, even though it is the truth DOESN't work in the world outside your head.

b u m p

You're probably all right, but can't hurt to ask.

Shit like this is easy to me because I'm basically a rude, unfriendly loser.
I don't mind much being unemployed, I usually get by more or less fine.

Why ask a doctor when I can tell you right here, right now. You clearly are disabled. Say this "I'm very happy working the hours i am working now, I cant do more." THE END

Yeah. White lying is an essential skill.

Being honest or being "honest" is a sure fire way to get yourself in trouble.

White lies let you bail out of the requirement of adding uncomfortable details. Make noncommittal lies whose details can be "corrected" later because the person misheard you.

It's useful for anyone. Spergy or not.
So yeah, start working on it.
Practice makes perfect and it makes your life a LOT easier.

hello muddah hello faddah

Tell him you're looking into taking classes at night.

What country are you in?

good advice
If not just tell him you need time for a personal project. An online community of mental patients called Holla Forums.

When it comes up again,
First complement him on his trust/confidence in you and for believing you can "get the job done right."

Just be honest user. Tell him you had some emotional issues growing up
which your trying to overcome by working on this job. The schedule you currently are working is hard but any more would be to much. I think he would understand. Especially
if you get the compliment out in the right way.

(additionally if you feel like it you can say)
Maybe in the future (a year or so) you would be better prepared physically/emotionally
to do more.

I had some of the same feelings when asked by my boss to do extra shit. Scared to tell them no, and then being pissed working on my day off.

Good Luck op

Just keep saying no

Or better yet, find another coworker to throw under the bus. "Hey, user's better than me and he really needs the hours."

Unless the pay on any hours above 36 was very big, I would turn down a 55 hours work week right away. Especially if you also do weekends.

Just ask him how much the extra pay will be. You would be stupid to accept so many more working hours without a huge increase in pay anyway.

take it faggot

Be honest and just say "No.", you dumb, gutless fuck.

Don't let anyone walk over you. Be a fucking man.

God dammit, you're rustling me OP.

He sounds like a prick. Don't let anyone tell you you aren't entitled to something because you don't "have something else to do."

This makes me really agitated. Which is one of the reasons normal jobs aren't for me. One day I might have to suck it up, but for as long as I can I'm going to work towards an alternative.

Honestly, in your position, all I'd be able to think about is a scheme to destroy this guy, and steal his life, in completely disproportionate vengeance.

How about you tell him you have to care for a child (son/daughter of your {enter_relative_here} and you dont have time?

He always planned on getting you to work full time. No amount of talking will change his mind if there are others who can do your job.

Try to drag this out and start looking for a new job.

His 'What do you have to do?' bullshit is totally disrespectful at a base level to you as a human. Doesn't matter how nice he is.

It's none of his fucking business tell him you're doing what you're contracted to do and don't want more time, tough nuggets, if he wants more he pays another employee to do it. He probably just doesn't want to go through the paperwork of hiring someone else at the cost of your sanity.

He has no say in this, it's your life you must not let him make decisions for you or it will set a trend as you being the 'works bitch'.

I've got the spergs as bad as you if not worse, but over the last few years I've had a lot of crazy life experiences that have taught me a lot about what's legitimately a complicated social situation and what's not. The truth is people have their own life to live, and you almost never factor into it. The only time you register to anyone else is the few seconds you come in contact with them, at which point they view you in a very superficial way. That's not a bad thing, especially if they seem to have a good opinion of you (if they're being friendly it's likely this is the case; generally speaking people aren't "lying" when their being nice to you, because that requires another level of energy expenditure). If people are happy with you at work then you're doing a good job, and if you decide to work only 6 hours/week your boss will immediately accept it. Ultimately it's no skin off his back and doesn't really effect his life or the fate of the company, so the thing that's causing you so much stress will be forgotten for all eternity with an indifferent shrug by your boss.

You do no have any weight in the minds of your acquaintances. People don't think about you anymore than you think about anyone else (not including you thinking about them thinking about you). That's not a good thing or a bad thing, it's just the way the human mind works.

no

This boss seems to be telling you things rather than listening to you. That's the sign of an unsuccessful person. If I was him, I would already have you working more hours because I would know what you actually want.

Just ask him what are the incentives… hint that you might be interested if the money were better, or there were promotion prospects. But, whatever he offers, say sadly that he's not making it worth your while.

girlschase.com/content/how-say-no-others-and-turn-down-compliance

You have a right to say NO you dumb fucking moron.

You are NOT a slave are you?

I WISH he would try to fire you over this too because that's enough evidence to initiate a civil suit.

If he keeps trying to force you like this then you need to tell him you have grounds to create a lawsuit out of this for him trying to "force" you to work full-time when clearly you do NOT want to.

Why not try going to the owner/ceo of the company and tell them about this boss of yours and how he's trying to force you to work full time?

>>>Holla Forums

Right, because that had ANYTHING to do with leftypol.

Good job retard.

It's called using the same pussy ass tactics employed by dip shit Americans who act like they're Jews. You threaten with legal action and the fuckers will sway away from you.

this. is this man really going to rob you of even more time out of your life than what you already are?

once that time is gone, you can't get it back, that is the true crime.

without reward/invcentive*?

important detail