Grimdark alien razorblade design

Is this was "mature audiences" really want?

Is it just a fad?

Will it ever stop or is it just going to get worse?

i really like most of those designs

PR looks fucking stupid.
In RPM they could make the excuse that it wasn't spandex but a energized fiber that needed that flexibility for electrons movement.
Also, remaking Mighty Morphin at all instead of new PR team

Supes would look way better with more color.

Robocop was "Grindmark alien razorblade design" of the 80's so it seems appropiate for 2012

Makes sense for Batman actually.
IIRC those are kevlar plates.

Optimus looks so fucking retarded, looks like it came from a Harley Davidson rather than a truck, I really liked the design from the first movie.

SPD had the best costume designs approach for "realistic tacticool".

Most of these designs would work if they didn't seem almost purposely over complicated.

absolutely problematic

But they do have alien dog ranger.
And is the most awesome one, how can that be problematic?

OMG STOP RAPING ME

There is something I'm wondering since the early 2000s. Since when is adding unnecessary details make a character look good?

Is it so hard to take the original design and make something good in real life?

Since Spider-Man.

I really don't think those details are "unnecessary". The web design is there to, y'know, associate him with spiders, and the texture on the blue part of the suit is fairly minimalistic compared to, say, the weird mesh covering every inch of the MoS costume. It definitely doesn't even begin to approach the junkyard diarrhea that you see on Bay's Optimus Prime or the "tacticool" look of the new Robocop and Power Rangers.

Thanks, Nolan.

I have to agree with this user. At least Spiderman had a design simple and faithful to the original design.

It's not really Nolan so much as the suits who looked at the success of the TDK trilogy and thought "Well, people responded well to this dark and gritty trilogy. Clearly, this means every even remotely similar franchise should be given the same treatment!", because movies nowadays are made by bureaucrats and focus groups.

It may not be my favorite incarnation of the character, but the whole "gritty, tacticool" schtick is definitely a way more valid approach for Batman (at least assuming the story is self-contained and doesn't involve other, more fantastic characters) than it is for Superman or the fucking Power Rangers. It's really just a matter of Hollywood execs being too retarded to figure out that what works for one character doesn't necessarily work for another.

considering that Americans didn't design the costume you'd realize just how shit they are at everything

It's what millennials with no imagination want. Everything has to be real, gritty, and practical for them to get into it.

I am amazed they havent rebooted Spawn or made a Warhammer 40k movie yet or hell another 2000 A.D. Comic property the new Dredd was great

A Dredd 2012 seems to be on the way
Karl Urban said that some discussions on such posibility are happening

Would it keep tthe interesting and rather silly stuff?

Like some Judge Death or the Angel family.

They did designe the third pic

Nah man if they have Fattys the land whales will flip and my sides will leave the orbit

tbh i would take edgy tryhard designs any day over le silly non-serious super hero Holla Forums loves to felate

west's batman series just did a number on me

Didn't Dredd mention fattys during the mall scene near the start of the movie?

You must be that retard who likes to whine about how they binged watched an incredibly formulaic TV show.

How stupid must you be to do that?

This is hardly an extreme case: the color and shape is pretty much identical. Sure it is more detailed but not to the point of looking like something else. Its also very bright and sleek, as opposed to that overdetailed armored look they seem to like so much (and which is only excusable on those characters that actually wear and NEED body armor, such as Batman).

well of course i am the wrong-thinker you speak of, how could someone else possibly have a different opinion ? i mean it's [CURRENT YEAR] and this is Holla Forumsmblr after all

It's a yes or no question, newfag.

wrong site, cucky

here, i'll show you the way back

www.4chan.org

The trend seems to be the work of oblivious costume designers and concept artists all too eager to reinvent the wheel, which arguably plagues every artist. I can't get the designs from Tim Burton's botched Superman attempt out of my head.

McFarlane's been trying to get another Spawn movie made for years.

I'd say Pacific Rim is a good example of what the designs in the Transformers movies should have been like.

Have you seen the niggas face id say hes pretty crispy.

Spawn would trigger them because its 'too dark' and the lead character is a black man who does things which are held to be wrong. He damn himself and we can't fucking have that under progressive hegemony.

I'd laugh but this is the sort of thing that some of these retards actually seem to believe.

This. They don't have any focal points and look like a jumbled mess except supes, but his problem is it looks too plain

He's not only a nigger, but also he was betrayed by a white guy, he fights criminals and is a friend of the homeless.
He's also a cuck.

I honestly like the Man of Steel costume, I enjoy the fact that it's basically an alien jumpsuit. I don't know, I think it's pretty neat.

I would like it better if the colors were brighter.

I'm not too attached to the tights, but I think just getting rid of them threw off the color of the suit. It's just an unbroken blue suit. The New 52 did well to use the red belt.

The suit actually has plenty of color to it. It's the film itself that has a drab, muted filter to it.

Huh, I didn't know that. It looks a lot better without the filter on it.

No, they wouldn't.

You see, after years of staring at superhero/cartoon heroes designs, I've come to understand that they need the complex shit to make up for the fact they're poor ass designers.

Look at all of the heroes you've got in OP's image. The originals all had good color balance that makes them pleasing to the eye. The latest Hollywood designs, in their attempts to make everything serious and less ridiculous, basically destroy the original design, leaving them scrambling to create new costumes that are still able to create brand recognition. The results tend to be over-complicated messes.

Since the original designs were so simple and iconic, fucking with any aspect of them causes the entire thing to collapse. It's like someone knocking out a support beam of a house to only find out the hard way that now they've got to rebuild the entire house.

Looks like shit, tbh. They should've restricted the chainmail texture to the main part and leaft it off the boots and symbol.

Also, New52 is kind of a compromise, but doesn't look that much better in my humble opinion.

You really don't need to change their costumes very much, there's no substitute for the classic ones.

Anything that gets Batman out of spandex is an improvement, tbh. I think my favorite Bat costume design is from Arkham Origins (even though I haven't played the game). It's not too "edgy" and looks like some real paramilitary shit, designed to keep the wearer alive. It emphasizes the point that Bats is a human, and relies on equipment instead of superpowers.

My one huge complaint for all the versions of Bat costume is lack of a full face mask. Why is half of his face exposed to bullets, poisonous gasses, superpowered fists, and other dangers? Like seriously, how many times will fucking Scarecrow poison him until he learns? If you were Batman and you had the opportunity to protect your face, better conceal your identity, and appear more menacing to criminals, wouldn't you? It's not something that Batman would overlook.

I see the teenager has joined the thread.

Not him, but I'll give you a counterpoint.

Batman is stupid. Not the character of Batman, but the premise of Batman is stupid. It's stupid. The whole thing. Guy dresses like a bat and punches ridiculous villains. Batman is a big stupid titled that's for children.

Now, because Batman is inherently stupid, most well-adjusted people just have fun with the book. Even Bill Finger, co-creator of the fucking character, didn't take himself too seriously, creating shit like Robot Robbers, Outlaw Towns, and jackasses named "The Riddler" and "Pied Piper". He didn't worry about even stupider shit like "Why doesn't Batman wear body armor", because he was a writer and only fucking faggots worry about that shit.

Which bring us to you, faggot. If you sit around thinking that Batman should be paramilitary because you're a stupid shit-licker who obsesses over inane bullshit like a huge aspie, then comics about a man dressed like a flying mammal and his boy sidekick punching cartoon characters is probably not the best place for you.

Oh yeah man, all comics should stay exactly like the original creator intended, there should be nooo deviations from what he or she thinks,right?
Also, what the fuck is up with people hating Paramilitary Batman?
It's a formula that's worked and has helped DC for a long,long time.

And this right here is how Power Rangers 2017 happened.

Also, paramilitary Batman helping DC? First, where the fuck are you getting paramilitary Batman from, and second, how the fuck has it helped DC? Their sales have been in the shitter for years.

It could be good, too. People hated the design for Robocop, but it turned out to be a pretty good movie.

Out.
Now.

The latest Hollywood designs are simply an attempt to make capes work in cinema that's been color-filtered to the point it might as well just be filmed black-and-white.

Nigga the new robocop is fucking shit, he doesn't even have a drop of blue on him, so I doubt he's even a cop.

WHY

that's actually a part of the movie's plot.
The public protests against drone warfare, because they think it's inhuman, and demand it's "a human hand pulling the trigger, not a machine" or something like that.
So they take extra effort to save the guy's hand (there is a scene where we see all that survived is literally just his head, some upper torso organs and this hand), then proceed to pump the guy full of mind altering drugs so he acts completely like a machine, but they can still claim "it's a human hand pulling the trigger.

That's robocop for you.

That's actually pretty fucking cool, holy christ

Wow, the guy who played who played Robocop cannot fucking act.

Oh god, I wish this happens.

It would be so god damn hillarious.

But still some hint for something more paranormal would be good, at least for me.

the way his entire esophagus moves everytime he swallows makes me incredibly uncomfortable

oh one hand, well, he can't that's true, but on the other, he's supposed to be pumped full of anesthetics and other emotion-inhibiting drugs, so the bad acting is fitting in the context.

I know, right that's fucking awesome

Don't make excuses for the movie. That was supposed to be an emotional moment in where he reacts to the horror he has become. Instead, it's Gary Oldman talking to a mannequin head.

The entire scene relies exclusively on the visuals. Compare it to this scene where they show fucking nothing, but it's more powerful because you have actual emotion.

Is this what American movies have become?

That's fucking retarded, and not in the "boy that's retardedly fun" retarded. In the "What the fuck were thinking, retard" retarded.

Did David Goyer write the NuRobocop? That's David Goyer levels of retarded.

I hate it when Optimus Prime has Lips, it just bugs the crap out of me.

this scene belonged in a way better movie. it's the high point, and after that it goes downhill fast.