Libertarian Cities General!

In the future governments will be weakened or rejected and international bankers will be hunted for sport.

"Libertarian city" is an oxymoron, because cities are the last place libertarianism could ever work. Being a libertarian is fine when you're a rancher out West – you and your closest neighbor two miles away each do your own thing on your own side of the fence. But cities need some serious fascism to remain livable. Check out the rules for Burning Man sometime – if not for the nudity, you'd think you were in Singapore!

you've no faith in the free market
cities are the perfect places for libertarian principles to triumph over the inefficiency of bureaucracy and corporatism

Oh, please do tell the folks at Burning Man how they're doing it all wrong, or start your own freedom-festival and show them.

The more tightly people are packed together, the easier it is for a few assholes to ruin it for everyone else. They need to be slapped down hard.

The mega-cities pictured here might be fun to visit, but how free would you be if you owned an apartment in one? You'd have mandatory fees for water, power, sewage disposal, maintenance of common areas, and oxygen on planets without a breathable atmosphere. You'd be forbidden to do anything but eat, sleep, and use a computer. We don't want some idiot setting the building on fire, you know.

You could probably have lots of decadent fun at various places of entertainment, distracting you from the fact that you're an urban wage slave.

At least New Yorkers can escape to the country for a weekend of swimming or fishing, which is not possible when your city covers the planet's entire surface or floats in the atmosphere of a gas giant.

Pick one.

It's strange nobody posted the Kowloon Walled City

As a libertarian, I gotta disagree. Anywhere that vertical space is shared is going to be a nightmare for libertarians to deal with compared to a sensible place of living (that is, suburban/semi-rural).

Anywhere you can't build your own well is already an unacceptable shithole.

I'm a sucker for anything sci-fi, well specifically futuristic cities, civilizations etc.

dunno if its cause im drunk or is the lady in the Blade Runner photo doing the same hand symbol as the pointer? kek my sides

Strongly doubt it. Libertarianism is a silver bullet to the tragedy of the Commons, and there's no place that needs a solution to that problem like a large city.

Of course apartments fucking suck, so maybe it's a wash

The problem with your argument is two fold, surely you knew when you made it. You both say that freedom festivals (which are really about people who only care about getting some drugs on) and that advanced cities can not be free. You omit altogether the actual experiments in freedom littered about history some that have not been violently smashed. And just a friendly reminder, most states in history have been violently smashed too, human love for domination and all. As far as freedom festials and temporary gatherings go they are each separate and their own events. Most of recent history in fact has been about getting less government in peoples lives, before the internet. Since the internet only wars forced at cost of irrepayable debts have allowed authoritarian governments to continue - more authoritarian ones crumble fast such as USSR that tried the iron fist on everything and currently the USA which is trying to build a more resilient iron fist.

Cities are a big problem in the minds of the slaves like yourself who still live in them You were born in them and molded in them and you can not imagine a freedom that is not modelled on them or on some reflection against them. Cities can be built with freedom in mind. Nature can be preserved with freedom in mind. In fact it has been shown in many cases that common ownership (government) does not do well with nature because people try to get the most for themselves from it. So people are greedy? Irresponsible? Not quite. In fact corporations and corporate ownership are not the solution here and the entire collection of corporate laws and allowances is a state construct. Not every business is a corporation nor needs to be. How would individuals handle nature though? Even for a profit you want to be able to resell land that will have multiple uses. An irradiated scrapheap might not sell to anyone. Many humans are however not all about getting the most gold coins in their hand. We value beauty. We value many things that contradict each other but we all value life or certain typs of life. Human life usually has a good deal of value, without the government bailing out corporate activities that devalue human life you would find even the businesses raising their valuations of human life.

You might have noticed I have not given you a solution how you might organize your city or your rural freedom gathering. This is because I am not your dictator nor do I ever plan to be. I could gladly help you organize a city with your list of goals for it in mind and grow it in a way that does not destroy the nature around it and keeps both new and old residents happy - cities are examples of human ingenuity but so are large parks and forests - trees have value even if bioplankton does most of the oxygen gathering on this planet.

I fail to see how any of these pictures (other than Kowloon walled city) relate to libertarianism in any way.

l o l

more cities guise pls

Kowloon Walled City