At first I thought this was a thread about salvaging gold from old parts
It is possible this isn't the real TP~* as there is no trip. Go onto >>>/oven/ TP~* you don't deserve to be anywhere.
Are these actually worth it? I've seen plenty of cheap listings for them and I need a laptop
I got mine for just under $100 and I'd say it's worth that for a little Linux laptop. It's really easy to overtax, it can't play HD videos very well, and the battery on mine fried after a few months, but it still does 95% of the stuff the average Holla Forums user does on a Linux laptop, the other 5% of being 1080p trap hentai.
I got a T41 the other day for $50. Didn't bother with Linux though, went straight to Windows 2000 SP4. I can't do as much as I had hoped, I'm going to need a kernel extension if I want to run newer software. I also want to get 98SE or 95 working on it later since it does have DOS drivers for some of the hardware. I'm not doing it for the lulz though, I'm doing it for the A E S T H E T I C S.
Tp never used a trip. Its definitely him by the way he's posting the obvious and typing it out like a retard
Why don't you spend the time you waste looking for crap to buy in a fucking work and buy non shitty stuff
A JOB? ARE YOU JOKING? BUY NEW PRODUCTS? THEY'RE BACKDOORED! IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT, I'M NOT GOING TO EDUCATE YOU YOU FUCKING WHITE MALE! WHAT'S A SALARY?
FUCKING WAGECUCK, 1920x1080 FULL HD IPS IS COMPLETE SHIT COMPARED TO MY S-PVA MONITOR FROM 2004! WHO NEEDS VIEWING ANGLES WHEN IT ONLY COSTS $3?
YOUR MONITOR IS BACKDOORED
To add to this, why not the X200 or more recent one with Libreboot support?
Because a 16:10 screen doesn't belong on a laptop.
And buying old parts made sense back when the newer consumer models were far more expensive and terrible while refurbished or auctioned off tech supplies were an incredible bargain. Nowadays it doesn't as prices have come down tremendously.
As is noted in the title of this thread around 2006-2013 was the golden era for cheap high quality hardware. Now it's all garbage with a few working gems if you're lucky enough to find them.
16:10 is a difficult compromise. 16:9 is never acceptable, it's what the media mafia have decreed passive-grazing consumer trash should want. 5:4 leaves you with a huge unused surface area around the keyboard, not something you want in a portable.
hnnnnnnnng it felt good, i picked up that listing merely 20 minutes after it was put up
What an astounding lifehack OP!
Get a job you filthy nigger.
As a local recycler I often get modern hardware in that was trashed because of a bad virus, blown capacitor or failed hard disk.
Nearly my entire setup is made up of parts from computers that were destined for the landfill.
CPU/PSU: Part of a recent HP desktop that had several blown capacitors.
Motherboard: Got it by trading it to a mutual friend who wanted my i386 desktop that was going to be recycled.
RAM & Optical and Hard Disks: Slowly acquired from different desktops.
Even my peripherals are old and colored beige. That being said I also collect vintage computers.
Complete and total garbage. Complete and total garbage. Complete and total garbage.
It's the best price-to-performance I've ever seen.
get an x220 which is actually fast enough to work with instead you will thank yourself later
The X200 is from 2008. Mine runs happily, I'll tolerate the 16:10 screen for more power than a T60 while remaining out of the clutches of EFI or Intel ME.