Who is your favorite classic cartoon director

And why isn't it Tex Avery?

Chuck jones because he made this:

That's a solid argument in Chuck Jones favor.

But mine is Tex Avery, user. TV of Tomorrow, Slang and Rock-A-Bye-Bear are my favorite cartoons of all time.

Those are some of his best. I loved all his "of Tomorrow" cartoons. And, lets face it, growing up, Red Hot Riding Hood was, well, red hot.

I have never seen that one before
it was wonderful

I find it interesting that Chuck Jones always nailed Looney Toons but his Tom & Jerry work is hit or miss
the construction yard got old fast

Are you sure you're talking about Jones' work? Because I only recall one short set in a construction site

Because, despite now knowing he had nothing to do with it, the show The World of Tex Avery forever sued me on him.

*soured

it is tex actually, friz freleng is second.

chuck jones ruined looney tunes and
bob clampett was an asshole

A cartoon on Youtube.
I'LL DOWNLOAD IT!
NO-ONE WILL EVER KNOW!

Genius on so many levels.

Chuck Jones is my favorite cartoonist of all time, but I don't even think this is his best work, this just got attention for being public domain'd

I can't think of any reason not to love Tex Avery and make him my favorite. Tex perfected the art of zany slapstick.

Chuck Jones was great, but he made some questionable decisions. I hated how he turned Daffy Duck from a screwball into what he is today and his Tom and Jerry shorts were never as funny as Hanna Barbara shorts were.

There are a couple, and thankfully only one clip show.

There are two shorts with Tom singing opera, lest you should forget how sophisticated Chuck Jones is, and those are two shorts too many. Laugh out loud moments in the Jones and Deitch shorts are few and far between. Deitch has the excuse of low budgets and working in Czechoslovakia.
Jones on the other hand, was given nearly three or four times Deitch's budget, assembled all his talent from Warner's, and only had whimsical Road Runner shorts featuring a cat and a mouse to show for that. I don't have any agenda against Jones, but people make him out to be something special compared to Tex, Clampett, Freleng, or Hanna and Barbera, and there are only a handful of shorts throughout his career at Warner's and MGM where I can see that.

Embedded is part of a TV special that was the first original animation featuring Bugs and Daffy, seven years after the animation unit was closed, opening with Jones' brand of cringe-inspiring sophisticated music references in lieu of humor. This is how he wrote without Mike Maltese by his side.

I have to go with Robert McKimson since not only has he directed some good cartoons but he's an exceptionally talented animator as well.

I think Chuck Jones gets his fame from How The Grirch Pilfered Chanukah.

For your consideration.

Chuck Jones made a lot of great cartoons. What's Opera Doc, One Froggy Evening, Duck Amuck, Duck Dogers, The Rabbit of Seville, too many to name really.