Dissecting company wars

So, with the summer capeshit movie season already in full swing, the Big 2 tribes of internet fans are proceeding to lock horns with each other over whose shred of relevance in an obsolete industry is more prevalent.

On the surface, it seems like Marvel is winning: their movies literally print money and they've successfully culled an audience of teens, tweens and manchildren with low standards and disposable income. This was done in part by injecting popular SJW and leftist mantra into their works, implementing a bunch of unnecessary diversity and basically leaving no character's legacy untouched all to appeal to trendy millenials.

As for DC, their bite is severely dulled by the fact that their movie universe is crashing harder than a Korean space program. Their great big attempt at appealing to a diversity-minded audience failed because nobody could find anything to be outraged about. Their comic sales are literally kept afloat by Batman selling a gajillion copies each month. All they seem to have going for them is the fact that you can read most of their books without being berated for being a white person.

The reason I made this thread is because I want to discuss the facts behind these two companies' situations so we on Holla Forums can understand what's really going on. I refuse to believe that Marvel is entirely free of any flaws and DC is circling the drain. What do we really know about these companies? Does the shitposting drones and cucks fling at each other have merit or are they all baseless memes and assumptions? I wish for all of us to understand.

Again, I'm not trying to start shit.
I'm just tired of seeing the same copypastad posts and I want to actually delve into the root of company wars and see who has what and who doesn't.

I'll post what little images I have to stir the pot

What the fuck is even going on in this thread anymore?

The fuck? Why would Watermelon Hotpockets ban the OP for that? I know Redwood's a mongoloid, but c'mon.

Do they realize most of those movies have much small budgets than BvS?

Redwood's gone m8

Look like a cuckchanner got banned for a company wars thread, so he decided to shitpost here.

Guilty as charged there

We can still have a thread though, right?

Films (which the comics are just IP farms for these days, because fuck having a medium stand on it's own, apparently): Marvel are way ahead, they're basically printing money. I expect Avengers 3 will begin the downturn (because, if the trend is anything to go on, it'll be the same fucking movie they've already done twice), and phase 4 will probably peter out unfinished. There will be one high-profile star quitting (and comic fans will chimp out over it for fucking decades) which will finally nail the coffin. And we might get some more RDJ Sherlock, at last.
DC: Fucked.

Comics:
Marvel: Fucked. Diverthity is doing nothing for them, but all the major comics news sites are pozzed as fuck, and victims of their own propaganda. Will go reprint only before 2026
DC: Fucked. "Grimdark = mature" rules the day. Diverthity is attempted, but they aren't insane enough to copy Marvel, and pay the price on the pozzed news sites. They hint at maybe possibly attempting to slightly insert conservative values in one or two titles, with predictable chimpery. Will go reprint-only before 2026

I expect Marvel to hold out longer since they have the Star Wars license and didn't fuck the market nearly as bad as DC.

DC is basically going into reprints RIGHT NOW. They're releasing a ton of collections, much of it shit you never thought they would ever collect, like Cass Batgirl and the fucking PREZ. Convergence has fucking killed DC and I don't have much optimism for the upcoming Rebirth saving it.

Bleeding Cool postulated that the Chinese Superman book they're coming out with is a ploy to get some of Red China's money. If that's true, comics will be as fucked as the movies.

He's a Holla Forums mod now.

Oh. I always figured he'd kill himself when Moot finally died from AIDS.

I'm still fucking amazed that they're calling it Rebirth, do they not see how ironic that is?

It was actually his ban that made me leave cuckchan during the fourth or fifth exodus, I think. I posted this in his "Based Boyega general" before episode 7 came out.

The exodus I left in was one of the later ones since I wasn't involved with GG and didn't want to use this broken-ass site right away.

Isn't Iran the place where you get hit with rocks until you die if you're gay and you get your hand chopped off if you touch an apple without paying? This lady probably visited the friendly tourist approved Iran with fancy hotels and Starbucks. She never went to any Indiana Jones esque bazaars where women are plucked off of the street.

No. This isn't a fucking chanlite that you only come to when you get rejected. It's either here or there, and you've made your choice.
Secondly, pretty much all comics from the big two are shit now. No one's going to fight over Marvel vs DC nowadays the same way no one's going to argue the benefits over being shot to death instead of drowning. I'm tired of cuckchan tourists coming here and leaving their shit everywhere because they still need validation and are desperate to talk to someone. Fuck off back to your shitpile

I have become the physical embodiment of rage.

DC has some smart ideas, non-cape comics like Gotham Academy and larger focus on reprints, but it's halfharted at them and still can't realize what its audience has been telling it for years.

When you say big two you may as well be talking about the whole of comics.
Just blatantly pointing out all the flaws wouldn't be fun and it wouldn't offer alternatives as expediently.
Instead I'm going to describe what a manga is.

One way a lot of people were introduced to manga was though a subscription service known as "Shonen Jump".
It was a collection of several issues of black and white comic all rolled into one big book numbering close to 300 pages per issue for $26 a year.
Advertisements exist between each individual story and not all throughout the story itself like only some kind of a retarded kikestine would do.
Practically every manga published in it eventually got their own animated series and merchandise.
Manga has a multitude of genre but shonen jump was particularly aimed at boys with the word shonen literally meaning the word boy.
I think tumblarinas would flip their flapjack titties if comic publishers had a boy specific imprint.
One great thing about manga is that when the cartoonist or Mangaka finishes their story then ==THE STORY IS FUCKING FINISHED== .
Animation studios can make all the fanfic filler they want but when the writer stops the comic is dead.
If you want to use them you do a Watchmen and make facsimiles.
Imagine if comics worked like that.
There would be so many Batmen derivatives or more accurately derivatives of whatever Batman inspired characters Moore and Miller would have made.
There would probably be a thriving comic book industry if there was creative freedom and creator ownership.
Imagine if consumers were forced to take chances but publishers had to cultivate some kind of par of quality as to what they publish to help facilitate them.

A manga more commonly takes the form of a tankobon.
The going rate right now is $12 for about 180 pages of black and white story.
A great thing about the black and white aspect is you don't have some piss-poor colorist ruining an artists art.
Another great thing is how you don't need to buy a bag & board.
They're so perfectly uniform and compact they can sit right on DVD shelf with any games, DVD's or Blu-rays you may have.
They can have drawings of tiddies and nobody flips the fuck out about it.
You don't have to look up a reading order and there are no real cross overs.

Another form manga can take is an omnibus where an entire manga's run or at least 3 issues are all rolled into one big bible of a book.
Price and page count are pretty static but they're pretty neat and some still manage to sit on a DVD shelf like the Magic Knights Rayearth omnibus.

Imagine if the creator of the character was the only one who could ruin it for the most part?
No fiction based affirmative action race/sex lifting shit unless that creator intended for it.
Naturally publishers would still publish comics by PoCs and women and such so as to not look bigoted.
I think it would be great.
That dream is unfucking obtainable so long as cape shit lives.

Holy shit that last 3rd image is so autistic.

That thread fucking triggered me. I never know how high the cuckoldry levels on halfchan could go.

>>>/4chan/
Fuck off faggot

This is some dedication

Please leave and never come back.

So you basically want Metal Hurlant/Heavy Metal or 2000ad then?

I'd deport them on sight if I could

Seriously though, suggesting the manga anthology format would be some sort of salvation is pretty stupid, seeing as the market is barely able to accommodate the presence of 2000AD and Heavy Metal.

Like it or not, anthologies are generally for snobs that already read comics and have no problem shelling out for a collection of stories they may or may not like. There's a reason Shonen Jump went digital stateside.

Japanese anthologies are fucking shit when it comes to printing quality though. "Paperback" feels generous, and the paper itself looks as if the comics were printed in toilet paper. The inks look like grayscale more than black and white. Compilation books have better quality, which is a big fucking deal when it comes to buying stuff.

In Europe the anthology mags were a big thing in the 70s and 80s, but they lost popularity because people just waited for unitary books to come out, so they left the anthology format in favor of the "graphic novel" one. 2000ad and Heavy Metal survive based on a niche, and they are ok with that actually. People who buy HM are very likely to buy it no matter what,while people who buy DC or Marvel might buy one comic but the next month they won't.

The problem is how americans understand comics imo. Japanese have no problems, because they were actually very influenced by the european market and artists, and in Europe comics still manage to sell quite well. IIRC last year the top selling book in France was the new Asterix.

oh man.
DC fans are the best

I am now on board with this place having IDs

The principle of Manga is simply: Quantity over Quality.

They'd have to be shit to be cheap. They clearly aren't meant to be kept for long periods of time.

What's there to understand? Yeah, comics can be utilized and appreciated in a serious manner, but that's not everyone's bag. It's no different in Japan or Europe.

sorry you can't say what's a ban and what's a redtext
Sucks to be you.