Between a rock and a safe space

Storytime of
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #7 (You choose!)

"B-b-b-but, we hate Squirrel Girl! It's not written well or drawn well or paced well or characterized well!" Oh yeah, you misogynerds? Maybe it's time to stop thinking men are allowed to dissent! Say no to #Ironmansplaining! Since the general consensus of the all-new all-different Squirrel Girl is that it's not very good, I am very pleased to announce that in this issue, you can choose your own method of diversity! You have the power of the author!¹ The choice is yours!²

You might think that this book is poorly written and because of which these upcoming choices won't actually matter, and any 'bad' choice is just some wacky random dead end wall, and that this entire thing is yet another bubble of gasping air from an unfunny hack using random access humor to desperately generate a slight of a chuckle from an already alienated fanbase. To that I say you've been blocked from my twitter.

¹ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᶰᵒᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳ⋅ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ᶜʰᵒᵒˢᶦᶰᵍ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵃ ˢᵉᶫᵉᶜᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᵒᶠ ᵖᵃᵗʰˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃᶫʳᵉᵃᵈʸ ᵇᵉᵉᶰ ᵃᵘᵗʰᵒʳᵉᵈ

²ᵀʰᵉ ᶜʰᵒᶦᶜᵉ ᶦˢ ᶰᵒᵗ ᶰᵉᶜᵉˢˢᵃʳᶦᶫʸ ʸᵒᵘʳˢ, ᵇᵘᵗ ˢʰᵃʳᵉᵈ ᵃᶫᵒᶰᵍˢᶦᵈᵉ ᵃ ᵐʸʳᶦᵃᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵃᶰᵒᶰʸᵐᵒᵘˢ ᶦᵐᵃᵍᵉᵇᵒᵃʳᵈ ᵖᵒˢᵗᵉʳˢ, ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ˢᵘᵍᵍᵉˢᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᶠʳᵒᵐ

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bYVU2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It seems our fun will have consequence! This is serious, so you all better not play around. Galactus will eat our entire planet if we don't properly roleplay as Squirrel Girl. Our choices will matter! And Galactus will remember this! I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true! So don't fuck around!

I choose to kill myself.

We are now the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Cease your cries of "Our new outfit is really fucking horrible, what happened to the pilot jacket?" and "Is this trying to overlap with the Homestuck fanbase because fuck everyone involved if so". Bonehead, who is actually a Marvel villain and not made up for this story, is now attacking the farmer's market! Squirrel Girl delivers a healthy tip of body positivity, but we still have to stop him! What should we do?

==A== - Punch his Bony Head!
==B== - Send Squirrels Down his Pants!

Given that his head is probably the most resistant part of his body, I say we should hit the shit out of it.

I can only hope she busts a knuckle hitting him in the head so I say A.

Uh-oh, it looks like that doesn't work, so Squirrel Girl uses her mighty tail to knock him over! But stealing will be easier if he's on the ground (?), so that doesn't work either! So we just do the other choice by proxy! All-New, All-Different!

Hendercunt managed to find a way to be even LAZIER with her "art."

What a time to be alive.

Two pages in and your choices already don't matter!
It's like I'm really playing a Telltale game!

Wow it's like I'm really playing a SJW videogame darling!

What the fuck did you just post at me, nigger?

With the squirrel option, the one that was basically chosen for you, Squirrel Girl uses her mighty squirrel to threaten Bonehead with testicular mutilation! Another day saved thanks to our hero! But hooold on there, it seems as though we have two cases of supreme supervillainy going on in two different places! And the Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Secret Avengers, New Avengers, Spider-Man, other Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, other Spider-Woman, Silk, the Fantastic Four, are all very busy!

So…what do you wanna do?
A - Let's go fight Quaggoth!
B - We should stop Doctor Yes!

Quoggoth is our only salvation, so let's give him a wide berth. Let's go fight SWEDEN YES, also because I don't want to see some kind of HEY I'VE SEEN THESE TENTACLES IN MY JAPANESE ANIMES\Poorly made Lovecraft reference in this frame.

So B

If we go to fight Doctor Yes, there's a chance we might wind up catching whatever horrible disease he's concocted.

So, B.

Let's go fight Doctor Yes! He's holding the world hostage with a very dangerous pathogen! But as luck would have it, this deadly virus does not work on squirrels, so Squirrel Girl uses her mighty squirrel to snatch away the virus. And that's that.

Now, you might say something to the effect of "If Doctor Yes could be beaten by the virus just being taken out of his hands, couldn't the police have just beaten him with sticks until they take it from him? Or shot him unexpectedly and then take it from him? Surely they should be able to do so, since it's not like it's radioactive; Doctor Yes is holding it in his hands." The answer to that is lol shuddap turn off your brain and just have fun its only 4.99

Oh, and Quaggoth the denizen of another realm was taken care of thanks to the local police. The local police fought Quaggoth and won off screen.

After all that jam-packed action, Squirrel Girl is feeling rather confident! But wait one minute, confidence is the key to downfall! What should we do now?

A - Investigate the buzzing noise to the immediate right
B - Go home and study calculus

So i guess that means the whole Police force have the same off-panel "power" as Squirrel girl.

Can we go read a comic about them instead, please?

B. If Squirrel Girl spends the rest of the night studying math, it might bring this comic to an end early.

Let's go the fuck home, study, and get a good night's rest like a responsible young woman.

you can tell she didn't flip her image at all. Everything has a distortion that could be easily fixed by quickly flipping, using the select tool, and distorting it back to the right. This is such basic stuff and yet a "professional" artist can't take five seconds to do it on the goddamn cover.

The Responsible Squirrel Girl at the behest of our whim decides to go home and study calculus! She is learning a lot about it, because she would not lie! But action is her reward, as the saying goes. Should we continue studying really hard or investigate the buzzing noise?

A - Study Hard!
B - Investigate noise from before!

One page in and I'm already filled with a terrible rage!

Study harder, you idiot! You'll never get good at math at this rate!

Looks like we're really done it now. Squirrel Girl studied so hard, she forgot to eat! And now she's dead! Our totalitarian power of creative decision has resulted in an innocent girl's death. Not to mention this leads to our deaths too, at the hands of Galactus. I am going to do you all a favor and turn back the clock so to avert this crisis, but I implore you take this time to reflect on your all-murderous all-destructive life choices.

No, please let it all end here, we could be done with this. We could be done with everything.

GUD END!

We did it!
Part Time!

if only all the Marvel characters were this easy to kill… and they would stay dead.

Whooo! The bad times are over!

B - Study.
A - Study harder!

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?

Our resistance is making his penis harder.

I know you're all worried over the fate of Squirrel Girl, but I was able to reset time so we can see our heroine through! Instead of studying, she decided to investigate the buzzing noise from earlier, and despite that being hours ago, the source of the noise is still exactly where it was before! It's Swarm! Swarm is the reason every single superhero in Manhattan and the surrounding areas are busy! He made them very busy and when they get back, he'll already have taken over the world! What should we do?!

A - Punch him
B - Glass him Squirrel him

Attack by spitting flaming apples at him

GO BACK TO STUDYING

Dubs confirm that we need to study

STOP

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP

Can we attack him with our hard won calculus knowledge?

This fucking art is killing me

I can understand your hesitation, after we've already skirted so close to death. But right now we're the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and heroes can't give up! So we're gonna go with….

STUDYING

B . It looks like we're going with B .

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll be the first to admit, this has gone poorly. Your guys' choice of throwing squirrels at him has proved ineffective! Now it seems like we're covered in bees! I suppose now would be a good time to mention choosing A or B would have led to the exact same outcome! Branching storylines are hard, okay?

They're at sea, pick c

WE CHOSE THE BEST ADVENTURE.

C?

C FOR CATWOMAN!

Batman you dummy cats hate water

Well, it looks like the jig is up for ol' Squirrel Girl. With no way to throw squirrels at him, it seems he has our number. Do we give up?!

A - Give Up
B - Do Not Give Up

NOT IF THEY'RE ON A SUBMARINE!

Yes, we're giving up. The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has finally been beaten.

B. He is clearly a superior foe and we must pay respects to him. Ask him if we can be his vassals when he takes over the world

There's nothing wrong with laying down arms in the face of overwhelming numbers.

Squirrel Girl decides to give up, and in this scenario, that is a bad choice! Swarm has taken over the entire world, with a bee leading each nation as a leader! How can a nation stand up to it's bee dictator?! We have doomed the entire planet! Not to mention doomed it twice over, once it'll be eaten at the hands of Galactus.

You guys seem like nice people, so I'm going to do you all a solid and rectify this little faux pas of ours yours. But I want you to take a minute or two to think about the severe consequences you've led us to in our bee-infested world.

Can you do Goosebumps after this, OP?

WHY DIDN'T WE LISTEN?!

Don't worry, everybody! I got this! Rewinding time, we convinced Squirrel Girl to not give up and in fact, refuse to give up! And after a hearty anime speech about her catchphrase, Squirrel Girl decides to

A - Eat Nuts and Kick Butts
B - Solve this via conversation

B. We can solve all problems if we just sit down and listen.

You know what? Let her fight. Do it BITCH. She spends so much time talking up a storm but lets see her try to do actions of any sort.

A

I want to see how the mighty squirrel girl does a fight scene!

C-Kill Myself

user, you don't understand.

Yes, I'm sure that if we all just sit down together, we can settle this through diploma-oh, who am I kidding? They're not going to go through with another bad end so soon after the last.

We're probably getting another awkward attempt at a fight scene no matter what we choose, so let's just get it over with already.

I hope Erika loses a hand in a freak industrial accident

It looks like we have a tie. We have no choice but to go with…

'OH SHIT NO

Ah okay. It looks like we're going with A. We are going to fight Swarm.

I just want to die.

Oh god it just makes sense now.

Squirrel Girl is Reincarnated Diavolo! He merged into a horrible abomination with his stand, and shunted off into another universe. Look at the faces!

Squirrel Girl decides to fight Swarm off-panel! But this is no Dr. Doom, or Thanos, or Fin Fang Foom! This is Swarm, the bee collective! And our attempt of fighting bees is not working! What should we do now?

A - Talk it through
B - Give up Tactical Retreat

Talk it through. Maybe you can kill Hellcat instead.

kill me

No don't let her talk. For the love of all just fucking die. Every time she talks an angel kills itself.

B

A.

A: Eat Swarms nuts in exchange for his letting you out of this life.

Squirrel Girl decides to use her mighty conversation to ease Swarm out of his hostility. Perhaps they can find common ground and he won't take over the world! But Swarm's objective is the destruction of the human race, so we have to fight him! Off-screen! But that doesn't seem to work, so maybe we can find some sort of compromise! But he won't listen to use, so we have no choice but to fight him! However, he's too powerful, but maybe we can talk him down if we're given the chance! But we're not given the chance, so our only hope is to fight him! But we can't!

It looks like no matter what we choose, we have to give up! Which is the right choice, of course! I don't know why you all thought giving up was bad. Squirrel Girl has a plan!

What's she going to do? Bad mouth him on Twitter and try to get him fired?

Squirrel Girl has contacted her friend, The Unsinkable Koi Boy! Yes, the new character exclusive to The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl series! What do you mean you have no idea who the fuck that is? Haha, you kidders!

I've decided to include a special easter egg in this page–the dead end bad choice of not answering Squirrel Girl! This was included to show the magnificent weight on Koi Boy's shoulders! I am now delivering tension to the reader!

We are now taking control of The Unsinkable Koi Boy! Now that he and Squirrel Girl have teamed up, they no doubt make a pair of winners sure to defeat Swarm. Koi Boy even has a plan! And it's to

A - Use the water of the ocean to defeat Swam
B - Look up how to defeat Swam on Squirrel Girl's phone

B.

Knowledge is power, and the interwebs know all.
Look it up, you fucking nerd.

Let us ask Holla Forums for help.

Looks like with the use of an online reference, we are met with 3 (Three!) methods of defeating Swarm!

A - Use smoke to calm the bees
B - Use pollen to distract the bees
C - Use water to dampen the bees

Lets just end this.

C

Thats the only option we have.

Considering that her studying habits are apparently to keep reading books until she dies of starvation, I'm not surprised.

We chose not to use water from the ocean in order to look up how to defeat bees on the phone, and the phone has told us to use water from the ocean! I love all this creative freedom Squirrel Girl has!

By the way, if you chose any of the other options, you would have died immediately!

Koi Boy uses a big wave to wash away Swarm! Looks like Swarms all washed up / his plans are all wet / I need to be shot in the temple

Wow, looks like Squirrel Girl and Koi Boy really shaped up the situation, in no small part accredited to you, faithful reader! It was you who helped us through these troubling turn of events! So I think a pat on the back is in order, and a fantastic reward–this useable voucher for any type of snack! The comic book says it's legal tender, so give it a shot and blame Marvel if you're kicked out of the store.

I'm going to act like I got here in time for the input part of things.
I did it, reddit

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Post the other ones anyway. I need to see her die again.

He did post them. Second image. She doesn't die, she just fails and runs away.

WHY DOES THIS EXIST?

WHY DO YOU HAVE EVEN HAVE THIS?

For fuck's sake. This is so cancerous I think I'll go tomorrow to do some Chemotherapy.

Since when twitter is something funny to make a joke with? Or even worse, since when is Tony "I'm Iron Man, Director of SHIELD and filthy rich" Stark a damn cuck and a "male ally"?

You know, I think I'm going to look on the bright side for the rest of this thread. The story time for this issue is finally over, and the series as a whole is so desperate for readership that they're resorting to poorly conceived and even more poorly executed gimmicks to try to draw in new readers. At this point, it's only a matter of time before its cancelled.

That would be really amusing to see. It that happens I can see some writers and editors being fired to be replaced with more tumblr shit.

Tumblr-tards are the wetbacks of the comics industry.

Tumblr-tards and Brazilians. Where the fuck is our wall, Mr. Trump?

He's got to beat Hillary first, which is going to be difficult. Say what you want, but Hillary does have an advantage due to having a vagina and potentially being the "first female president".

She has the same kind of advantage Obama had. Nobody stops to think about how unfit they are because "Muh Minority's" gets in the way.

Nah Obama was much smarter, and much more manipulative. The very least he never wore a fucking PANTSUIT.

user, come on. It's 2016. It's time we elect people based on the color of their skin and/or what's between their legs.

Hillary's got a big problem in the form of being married to Monica Lewinski's boyfriend and being part of a dynasty of spineless faggots.
If that's not enough to keep her out of the oval office, then humanity seriously needs to consider voluntary extinction.

FIRST
FEMALE
PRESIDENT

Shame that Sanders won't get the nomination, though. He's a faggot, but Trump vs Sanders would have offered some real debate and a real choice for Americans to make.

Why the fuck are superdelegates a thing for the Democrat party anyway? How is a superdelegate democratic in any way?

It's not. Superdelegates are there to "protect the Party's interest" against radicals that might ensnare the public and be disastrous for the status quo. They can "prevent votor fraud" by ignoring what the ballots say.

Superdelegates are chosen by the Party's elite, rather than the public, and exist to make sure the public doesn't do things the Party doesn't like.

George Washington didn't die on the cross for this shit.

If George "Blood is the Price of Freedom" Washington were alive today, he's set a new world record for the most degenerates killed between sunrise and sunset, then set the record for most degenerates killed at night.

When are we going to get another Washington to save the republic? Or at least an Augustus/Agrippa to create the empire and make it function well.

Washington died when Richard "I literally committed treason against the United States of America to secure the presidency" Nixon took office.

Before Nixon, the office of the President of the United States was a trusted and respected person. After Nixon, the presidency was viewed with cynicism forever.

>If I can't trust the President of the United States, who can I trust?
Oh, how we have fallen.

I realize that there are few people in this earth that you can trust with anything, but we should be able to trust our leaders to have the best interest of the nation in mind, right?

We no longer have the luxury of living like that, user.

aye

I wonder if I would hate this if I weren't predisposed to hate it
Are there people who like this? Do they think it's really clever and cute?

My point is that we should be able to, though. The whole point of electing a leader is that we are entrusting our decision making powers unto him in order to allow us to perform our jobs while he stays well informed of Happenings and acts on them.

The idea is goofy and gimicky, but it's not bad for that reason. It's bad because the choices aren't well thought out, Squirrel Girl is jobbing in order to let a Donut Steel do things, the "cheat ending" is the first thing she should have done, the art is horrid, and the writing is lame.

Someone will eventually save the Republic. We just need to pray to the Founding Fathers.

I choose to revert to a more fun, less terrible and not-agenda-driven squirrel girl.

You're my hero.

I stopped reading here. I can't do it. It's so bland and uninspired. None of your choices matter, and not in a clever Terry Denton's 'Storymaze' way.

I'm screaming inside. Why is this.

This marvel is not only dead. This is a damn skinwalker wearing Marvel's skin while masturbating using Marvel's guts as an onahome.

This book is so fucking awful it made me give a shit about Swarm.

I'm legitimately thinking about this. I know how all the car commercials had to cover their ass and say "Stunt driver on course, don't try at home" when showing off a car. Can a comic actually give out something and say "This is completely legal tender" without some sort of repercussion?

Well, they were in the past.

Besides, it isn't asking for anything unreasonable and for more weird stuff there were lawsuits, like someone's soul sold in eBay.

consult a lawyer or something
you can basically sue for almost anything now these days

we might be look at one today.

If anything, Trump would be a Caesar, meaning his successor would be Augustus, and the best friend of that successor would be Agrippa.

We should find out.
Some brave user should cut out the coupon and try to cash it in.
Somebody is going to get strung up by those words, and if you can convince a jury you are that retarded, it's going to be the hacks who shat this out.

Why is it that comic publishers keeps banging on about introducing more diversity, but it feels like every single fucking asian character they make is the same?

What the hell is up with just making asians scientists all the time, especially when it's not like their powers are from their science, they're just random x-men-ish powers. It's just funny how bad they are at all this. I mean, they marched right on from them all being martial artists into the very next stereotype.

Will the next one have a black guy with street smarts, or a mexican pole vaulter?

And no ad or care about prostate cancer.

It's almost as if these types of people really don't care about diversity, but are using it in order to just advertise their shitty books and to put themselves on a moral high horse to deflect criticism and judge others.

Actually guys can get breast cancer IIRC.

It is just that focusing the campaigns on female breasts sells better due them being more visible and having the whole "maternal" appeal, thus means more profit.

And Profit is all scammy shit like Pink Ribbon cares about, remember how they gave away cancer causing cosmetics claiming it to not be cancer preventing?

It is about marketability, and Breast Cancer is highly marketable.

If someone was willing to cut up an issue of Squirrel Girl, I might be happy to give him snacks, as long as he cuts up the whole comic and doesn't just remove this coupon.

Of course, I'd also feel compelled to poison him for buying the comic in the first place.

Yeah John Shaft got breast cancer.

But the thing that pisses me off is the fact that they did an ad with Susan B Komen. The biggest scammers of cancer foundations.

Are they trying to tell us they are lesbians now?

I had a Ren & Stimpy comic years ago where they had this same type of Choose Your Own Adventure comic.
Only thing was they did it 1000x better, because there's was one of the "For X choice, go to page Y" so you couldn't see what happens next.
They also had some joke results thrown in that you could never get to no matter which path you took,
But that worked because the R&S comic crew had enough imagination that they could actually fill a whole single fucking page with story, rather than all this meandering, blank-space bullshit spewed out by these San Francisco cocksuckers.

Oh, no the blank spaces were edited in. I didn't want any of you sneaky anons knowing the other paths and cheating.
That doesn't make this art good, of course.

There's nothing worse than commercials trying to pretend that you don't notice it is a commercial.

I simply can't understand this.

Gurihiru is not progressive enough.

holy fuck, look at that squirrel(?) in the second pic!

I didn't expect an ancient superbeing to speak like a milennial.

Wait, that's her actual outfit? I just assumed it was the dress she had on while doing her groceries, when she by accident ran into a supervillain.

So nothing we do will matter. Already all pretense of suspense is gone. Why did they even go with that gimic?

The faces just keep getting worse and worse.

It is Meme Magic that is reinforcing it's lack of quality.

As Squirrel Girl being badly drawn has entered the super consciousness of anons via these threads ritualistically making anons think and repeat how bad it is the synchronized memetic thinking is now influencing the "artist"s subconscious to draw even worse.

I heard a rumor that Girihiru was up for the job, but Erica accused him of something and got him booted off. Does anyone know about this?

If that was true, they wouldn't be on Gwenpool. That sounds like a conspiracy theory to deny the harsh reality.

Erica Henderson is on Squirrel Girl because she's well connected and works cheaply. Henderson, and Kate Leth for that matter, worked for Comics Alliance, who in turn got them a job working for Marvel. Marvel keeps them around because they're exactly the type of talent mainstream publishers love, faggots who are grateful to have a job working for dated superheroes, which means they won't be asking for decent wages.

That last part is very important, since I'm certain the moment one of these hipsters starts asking for better money, Marvel will throw this entire line of comics in the trash and look for new wetbacks to exploit.

We are really bad at meme magic, guys

Never forget that she's also a lamp.

Perhaps not. Perhaps our collective will for the comics industry to be destroyed is altering the minds of those working on the comics. As they get worse, their sales decrease. With everything becoming fetid and wretched, we bring our hated enemy closer to collapse.

Young, naive fool. You don't understand the power of the dark side.

Well, she was a lampshade. With any luck her creator will be one as well.

Gurihiru is the pseudonym for a pair of Japanese women, so that's unlikely. I believe Ryan North explicitly asked to be paired with Henderson.

My uncle not only works for Marvel, but is part of the editing team for Squirrel Girl. Apparently they were going to go with Ryan North, but he specifically requested that they "drop the fucking gooks and go with whitey instead" if you can believe that. Pretty crazy stuff in my opinion.

Ryan North is like that faggot who digs through people's trash to collect used baby diapers to wear. They've both chosen to wallow in extreme degradation and nobody's quite sure why.

Am I wrong for liking the original Howard the Duck movie?

It had duck tits.

Howard the duck was a comic before the movie and he's been around for a while, having a mini-series in both 2002 and 2007 before last year. Disney didn't suddenly add him to Marvel comics to cash in on the massive amount of Howard the Duck fans out there.

To be fair, Howard's new ongoing is arguably a response to the reception to his cameo at the end of the GOTG film. Steve Gerber is rolling in his grave.

It has that silly 80's vibe and Lea Thompson. Plus, I doubt you'd see a talking duck smoke cigars in a movie made today.

The thing is that they treat the movie like if it was the worst thing made in history.

It was a silly movie and it had puppet aliens.

And you what is the most fucked up part in this, Erica Henderson is nominated for a Fucking Eisner for Best Artist.

So who is up for Comic Gate?

I don't think it will get enough attention compares to GG

You don't know the half of it.

I've seen people on the less crazy tumblrs with better art than her. How can anyone think that is artist of the year material?

She paid the right people.

I was gonna tell you to fuck off, but then I got to thinkin'. Maybe we should look into this whole "Erica Henderson getting nominated for an Eisner" business. Like, see who's on the nominating committee and see if they've got connections to Henderson or her crew.

Those fuckers don't know what powers they're playing with. If Henderson gets the award, Will Eisner's grave turning will exceed any previously known level. This increase in both the speed and the rate of his turning has the possibility of creating a gravitational force so intense that the entire planet would be pulled into a singularity whose focal point would be the Mount Pleasant Cemetery in Hawthorne, New York.

Or slept with the right people, if it's anything like the GG shit.

Here are the judges for this year:
archive.is/bYVU2

dude, Monstress art was really pretty

By now, and after the exodus you should know murrican comic scene is pure cancer

and award, as usual are just a circlejerk

That is true but more idiots will be pushed by this idea. It's like movies that by the idea that Oscar movies are supposedly good. And certain untalented hacks that win the Oscars will get more work and put out worse products.

Ok, that art caught my eye. Is Monstress any good?

"A sign of the changing diversity in comics is that 49 women have received a record 61 nominations (compared to 44 last year) and are represented in 27 of the 30 categories. Women make up the majority of nominees in seven categories: Best New Series, Best Publication for Early Readers, Best Publication for Kids, Best Adaptation from Another Medium, Best Graphic Album–Reprint, Best Coloring, and Best Academic/Scholarly Work."

There's no hope left for comics.

Vision's okay, though.

Go figure that dismantling the "white cis boy's club" just made the industry MORE exclusive, nepotistic, and unfair.

First, who appointed Tilley?

And second, they're really desperate for a Gamergate boogeyman of their own, aren't they?

What in fucks name.

Fucker has virtually no experience making comics or is enough of a comics scholar to appreciate the art. Why is he a fucking judge?

This is possibly the only person on this list who is even remotely qualified to judge comic art.

CUNT OWNS A COMIC SHOP AND MAKES CRAFTS. WHO IN FUCKS NAME THINKS THIS MAKES HIM QUALIFIED TO ISSUE AWARDS?

Great, a fucking librarian. Again, does anyone care about qualifications?

Wonderful, a fucking convention shill who's on the board for the least comic related convention on earth.

Hey look, a librarian with a degree in being a cunty librarian who wastes student dollars on worthless degrees. I'd really like to read this "research" debunking Fredric Wertham, as she's a librarian and Wertham was a fucking psychiatrist.

Will Eisner's life-long work in the field of comic, his advocacy of comics as a valuable educational tool, his struggles to make it a respected art form, have all culminated in a big fucking joke.

==C== - Why would someone rob a fucking farmer's market?

So realistic.

I'm glad she's dead but…

pick one

Aren't the Eisners considered overrated anyway? What about the Harvey Awards?

Worthless people getting jobs due to dick sucking and nepotism

ALL HAIL MANGA!

LET US PRAISE OUR NIPPONESE MASTERS! MAY THE EMPIRE OF THE SUN SHINE BRIGHT FOREVER MORE!

Worthless people getting jobs due to dick sucking and nepotism

You know western comics are going to shit when being openly a weeaboo is no longer frowned upon.

What choice do we have now? Like Holla Forums, Japan is our only salvation.

Please, either japan dies out before long, or the muslims take it over.

We are fucked.

I'll take "Phrases you'll never hear in a comic store" for [CURRENT YEAR +1] Alex.

The onlyl reason I'm going to give this a shot is because of the art, but I don't have a lot of high expectations. Hopefully, given the premise there'll actually be some action going on and not just normal female comic book fare of characters making puns and pop culture references over and over.

I don't have high hopes, but tell us if it's shit.

Well, I read the first issue. From what I understand there's these human-lookalikes that are sold to humans who are witches in order to be eaten by them.

From the quotes I posted, it sounded like this book will be a story of women banding together to stop some evil man with ham-handed themes of racism and slavery, meaning that there's probably a scene of the main character saying that everyone should be treated equally while kicking a villainous white character off a roof. Luckily, none of this ever happened. This comic does have slavery, racism, and war in it, but I'm assuming there was a misunderstanding from the Kotaku author trying to sound deep by making it sound like this was some sort of culturally profound comic.

The comic in actually is pretty cool. There's a lot of violence and generally unnerving moments when it comes to the arcanics that are held captive. There are absolutely no parallels to racism or slavery outside of "these two groups don't like each other" and "one group is sold to the other and held in cages". One group isn't coincidentally all white elves with another group being dark elves with dreadlocks. And there's certainly no themes of war outside of "There was a war." It feels more like a gory anime with demons and beheadings and shit over something about togetherness of the feminine spirit or whatever the fuck they were talking about. This is an anime in comic form and these characters are pretty goddamn cool.

I think this might be a Faith situation. All of the main characters so far are female, but I don't think it's supposed to be a statement of diversity in comics. Like Faith was a superhero who just happened to be fat, there was no scene of her fighting a bunch of dudes who made fun of her weight. In fact, it was never brought up. But it was heralded as some sort of fat positivity thing. So I'm thinking this is being shown off as some sort of female empowerment comic, when it reality I've seen more women violently murdered in this issue alone then I think I've seen in a long time.

Not to mention, the art's fantastic looking and looks like it was actually thought out and drawn through, unlike the anti-aliased paint-bucket flat-colored affairs that I keep seeing all over. Unsurprisingly it was by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda, who's names do not sound like white hipster kids from Sanfran.

I decided to do some digging and Liu is a NYTimes Best Seller of paranormal romance and has written for X-23 and Astonishing X-men whilas Takeda also did art for X-23. I read a bit and I liked X-23 better when she was an emotionally stunted killing machine rather than yet another female kickbutt quippy sass teenage sass machine in All-New Wolverine.

Takeda also did work on Ms. Marvel (The hot one).

All in all, I'm going to keep giving this a shot and hopefully it doesn't go to shit.

Glad that it was better than expected. I'll have to give it a read myself.

Okay, I don't know if it's been said yet, but I can't be the only one who thinks Swarm looks like King Crimson on this cover

…baggyfag?

How about storytiming it for Holla Forums?

You don't know Gurihiru at all, do you

That's not how you study calculus. You read concepts, but then you practice.

You can also tell that is stollen from jojo poorly
That's king crimson's face

Did anyone already talk about hulk's weight in bees
Because this thread is lacking that funny shit

Remember kids meme responsibly.

You guys need to learn from Holla Forums
Intake more Japanese media, it'll give you the mystic powers

How about no

My hatred is eternal

Check my doubles

THANKS LIBERTARIANS

OP's thread title is funnier than any joke that has ever been written for any issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Talk about sad.

You know, it really does.

Is it me, or does she look like a rather feminine dude in that last panel?

Yes indeed.

That was us, m8. Look at those post numbers, cuck/mu/ hasn't had numbers that small in years.

Thanks for posting this shit, m8, it inspired me.

I too became inspired

You sure it's not every panel?

Do you take comms?

Not presently. I've got too much stuff going on.

What kind of unholy black magic is this

I like the art but those knees are weirding me out

Maybe they're kinda loose pants or whatever…?