Is TOR legit?

Downloaded it recently for the first time, not sure. Haven't really used it for anything. Is anyone familiar? Anyone know? I've no programming skill at all, so I have no way to check.

Pic unrelated.

Depends what you mean by legit. If you want to use it to access things like The pirate bay or something its useful. But if you want to do really crazy stuff like download pizza or watch snuff I wouldn't bother. If you aren't willing to do it on the normieweb I wouldn't risk doing it on the onion web.

How empty is your life that you make unsubtle, shit threads like this?
Have you considered suicide?

Not what I meant at all. I have no interest in those things, and tbh if I did find anything like that I'd probably tip the FBI off. I'm just not comfortable with all these companies crawling up my ass to get consumer info.

well if you want to avoid stuff like that, download icecat and use that. Tor does not add any protection, because if you use it for daily browsing, your activity can still be analysed and dissected by anyone with enough cash and interest.

The only real way to avoid corporations is to drop the cellphone, delete all internet accounts, travel to a far away place - perhaps somewhere like Okinawa or Tibet, and never, ever, ever, use the web again.

Isn't Icecat just another Mozilla thing, though? I'd think they'd be subject to the same datamining.

Tor has some protection. Clearnet traffic still gets routed through exit nodes, and it comes with no script. It also has a few other extensions iirc. It's pretty nice.

No you wouldn't.

No, I would. I was molested as a child. That shit really gets to me.

I use it to post to imageboards. I trust it to protect my privacy. I am not a fool, right Holla Forums?

I do not recommend tipping off the FBI. You could end up bringing more problems upon yourself. "How did you find this, user?" If you do you'll probably be put on a list at least. If there is ongoing abuse I would try to tip off some authority, but if it's in the past, the damage has already been done.

I use TOR to post to imageboards. I trust it to protect my privacy. I am not a fool, right Holla Forums?

I do not recommend tipping off the FBI. You could end up bringing more problems upon yourself. "How did you find this, user?" If you do you'll probably be put on a list at least. If there is ongoing abuse I would try to tip off some authority, but if it's in the past, the damage has already been done.

No its produced by the FSF, it's basically made by Richard Stallman himself.

...is RMS a cool tranny? Because the guy how take care of icecat is a tranny.

Not much they could do, they probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it, just probably put you on a list and under watch.

If someone makes good software and supports freedom, who gives a shit about their sexual orientation or fetishes.

The creator of Palemoon is a furry and lots of people on Holla Forums still wank over his browser.

are you looking for confessions?

No, you're not. Because Tor will prevent the site owner and anyone else who happens to have access to the site's IP logs and they do exist from knowing who you are.

If you care that the NSA can see what imageboards you go to, then yeah something else is probably more appropriate.

It's also useful because it makes you unbannable, especially on boards like Holla Forums that let Tor users post images.

It's legit, at least, in the sense that it does what it claims to do.

The problem is, a lot of people apparently believe that Tor is some kind of magic
force field that will keep the scary Government at bay all by itself, and they end up
fucking themselves over.

Tor will:

And if you have the Tor browser bundle:

Tor will not:
Ever wonder why so many pedos get busted even though they're using Tor?
It's because they accidentally out themselves.

Tor has a "what not to do" guide somewhere on their site; make sure you read that.

Why hasnt Tails been released yet ?

Is that info graphic guide still useable for today? Its been out for about 5 years now. The one where it gives you a list of things to change in about:config

what?

The Tor Browser Bundle now has sane privacy defaults.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a fag lol

Referring to the update.

hahhahaha
that post makes me wanna find you and molest you just so you can re-live it

Tails 2.3 was released today. Took them long enough...