Anyone else feel like they're in purgatory

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge#Gnosticism
jessemoynihan.com/?p=11
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like I'm in hell

There's an entire religion. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demiurge#Gnosticism

And a webcomic by that asshole. jessemoynihan.com/?p=11

I've stopped caring, I used to be really into it, but now I don't give a fuck.

seems accurate

I feel like Kazerad doesn't understand that he'd get more attention/retain it if he just made a few panels and a page of text and update. He keeps aiming higher and higher and higher for quality of each update and that doesn't fit the flow, at all. He's just one guy and a few lackeys that are hardly around at all on command

God damn.
Talk about not worth it.

at least ava's demon is back to updating

No, purgatory implies hope for the future.

I'm pretty sure I'm in hell.

It's a cute feline trying-not-to-be-skank.

He just doesn't listen- that's the real problem. Guy gets feedback in a quality and quantity that most webcomic dudes only dream of, and what does he do with it?

Because I was curious, I checked it out, and the comic started March 12 of 2011. We're past the 5 year mark at this point.

Nah, I think we're in purrgatory.

It's not worth over half a year of waiting no matter how you word it.

Kaz clearly doesn't care about Prequel, he does it for the shekels.

Does he really get money out of it?

Not until he did the merchandise campaign at the end of last year, no.

What does waiting cost me?

Pretty sure he does it for the attention and the shekels are just gravy.

I like how he mentions on the kickstarter that if it goes successful (which it really did) he would *only* have to do it once a year.

Which sounds kind of bullshit because we've been without an update for like 7 months… or so?

Dude seriously just needs to go back to the basics of the starting point. Art, writing, art. Maybe a gif, writing, art. Done.

That'd be a start, yeah, but he also needs to chuck the pretense of reader participation and start plotting out a proper story instead of just Mad Libbing it.

Kaz never paid attention to the reader participation, the plot's been on a set course for a long while now and would never deviate despite reader suggestions.

All the more reason to drop the angle.

It's been going in circles. Kaz even admits it- he thinks it makes him clever.

At least back when it updated regularly it was easier to pretend people had an influence.

Which only made it all the more jarring whenever the cat would be about to do something stupid and the comments would unanimously tell her to stop and Kaz would just go "Nope, this is what we're doing!" and have her drink the booze or whatever anway.

What would often happen is just 1 guy says "Lets set ourselves on fire!"

And Kaz is like "Found my entrance point!-GO!" even if everybody else would be saying no.

Regardless, I pointed out that the plot is flawed because things often happen because they feel like it and not if it really makes sense.

The whole bug potion thing drove me up the wall, because it was a really shitty way of crowbarring game mechanics in a "Clever way" when it didn't really make any sense when somebody saying "Did you know, Charisma based mechanics are often not well balanced!" could have sufficed just as well.

The whole story just broke immersion for me after the bug mask thing.

What bothered me most about that entire episode was how pleased with himself he was for "tricking" the readers- saying how hilarious and depressing it was that we were taken in by the same routine you use on the NPCs and so on.

Its not even clever! Does time not pass like in Prequelsworld? Can Katia Abuse purchasing and selling mechanics to become infinity rich? Is nobody born/dies until the plot progresses? As a result, its just arbitrary what mechanics do or do not get carried over into the comic. And for the people who don't know Elder Scrolls (Like Me) this was so much worse.

But what was the cherry on top of the insult pile was the justification of why the Bug masks where there: "This guy was just selling them massively in bulk". If you can't figure out how thats stupid on your own, I have some Bridge Insurance to sell you.

I remember a couple of months ago bringing up the exact same arguments, but updates where happening at least slightly more frequently, but I got mostly ignored.

This shows the power of not updating. People have enough time to think (Or at least the thinkers are less afraid to share their opinions).

A shitload of time.

That's an issue I've always had with prequel, whenever Kaz decides that game mechanics should play into the story it's always kind of arbitrary what does and doesn't apply. Why isn't Sadcat's wounds healed by taking a nap? Why doesn't this or that happen?

It takes time, but it doesn't cost me any.

His attitude doesn't help, either- I'll never understand why more people don't call him out on it.

I saw him post here a few times, especially when he told us about the other comic that he wanted to work on, before he started on Prequel, but as he read some bad fan fiction and told the guy that his story was shit and got a reply of "it just means that this story wasn't for you" marked him so much that he decided to make Prequel. But I don't remember him ever having a bad attitude. Could you post some examples?

I remember his thread here a few months ago.

He's at least pro-gamergate.

And yet fast-forward a couple of years and what's his go-to excuse whenever someone points out that, hey, his comic kinda sucks?

He's trying to build a self-sustaining loop.

He's pro-free-nerd-cred-&-advertising; it's the same reason he renounced SJWism, made a big show of humiliating Dobson, and fell just short of proclaiming Anonymous to be the Second Coming of Christ.

We need to stop judging quality that way.

Point of gamergate was to not support shit based off of "Our side" mentality. If something is golden but SJW its golden. If its GG but turds its turds.

I'd like to think that this is one of the things that makes us better.

Should probably be denounced SJWism since he never said much about it either way before.

The suggestions are supposed to represent her subconscious. The annoying thing about it is she selectively chooses to disregard her subconscious and instead do something that SHE wants to do (what Kazerad wants her to do), but to be honest this is nice character writing imo, it makes her feel more genuine. I don't know if Kazerad just waits for a suggestion that fits in with his narrative, or just writes his own, but it's obvious enough that there is a theme in the story, though it seems like the circle has finally been broken.

I say that now, but watch in the next update where Katia flops the heist, goes blind, loses all her stuff, and gets thrown out on the street again (or dies)

If Katia does flop the heist I hope she at the very least gets the bare minimum of what she needs and escapes using what she's learned so far.

If she honestly just flat out fucks it all up and ends up back at square one I'm gonna be flat out pissed like goddamn man, at least give her one thing to succeed at holy shit.

Yeah. If you want people to care about your protagonist they have to make SOME progress.

Having flaws is important for a character but there's such a thing as too much.

I doubt Kazerad will Katia fail again. The 3rd time it happened had some pretty nasty fallout.

Now will the plot continue to be disjointed and employ poorly thought out dues ex machina all the time? Yes.

Purrgatory

heh

I still cling to hope
One day, maybe

This…… Is true suffering. I could stab myself in the dick and it would be a more pleasant experience than would waiting another week for this to update.

OP you're just getting old. Every generation has this, you're the next in line to be an old fucker