New ppg gets torn apart critically

I give it two seasons before CN drops this little slice of autism and heads will roll.

Steven Universe and Adventure Time have a shitload of problems, but they're at least competent.

This shit is made by people who don't even understand how outlines work.

I feel only people are to blame for this

They always said "BRING THE OLD CARTOONS BACK ALL THE SHIT WE HAVE NOW IS GARBAGE" and look what happened

That's far from the truth, user

Pick one, friend.

Who even says that, apart from Anytown autists? Most people want new shows, with the same level of care put into them that the classics had,

Animation wise people. I can call that ball of pure ass a whole lot of stuff, but it can have one frame of animation follow the other.

Animation wise, it's fine. Although, it isn't anything impressive since the designs are all noodle armed, simple shaped characters. But you're right, at least there are minimal flaws in animation.

No one says that anymore except for "le 90s kids xDDD" who saw an episode of Rocco's Modern Life or the original PPG and said "OMG I remember these cartoons, we need to bring them back!! XDDD"

when people say "bring the old shows back", they typically just mean "show reruns of the old shows", which would more than likely increase CN's ratings if they actually did it

Sure, I wouldn't mind a bloc for reruns. But you can't cling onto the past and expect grand success either. You still need room for some new projects and experiment.

Well, just experiment differently so we don't have the shit we get nowadays.

The only time I've heard people say "BRING BACK THE OLD CARTOONS" is when a cartoon got fucked over and never had an ending, like Samurai Jack or Teen Titans. I don't think anyone sane wants to bring back old cartoons that had endings.

Cartoon Network now taking down video critical of the PPG reboot

just don't use the actual footage

they can't make legal copyright claims against those. then, you can sue them if you wanted

Streisand effect here we go!

you should be able to use actual footage for critique, becuse it's protected by the fair use doctrine.

i wouldn't recommend it. the kind of people that make these videos usually go WAY overboard. copyright protects it to a certain point if it doesn't give too much of the quantity (ie don't use too many) or quality (ie don't use iconic moments)

at most, i'd say mostly make it a clip show of the parts with animation errors or something

It's obvious they're just removing content that criticizes their magnum opus and using "muh copyright" as an excuse for them to take it down.

oh please, considering how many youtube fags try to make money off of copyrighted shit, i hope they step up their game

imagine, a world where fags like doug walker and mr. enter are forced back into their servitude as janitors. that's my dream, that's the american dream

Imagine a world where we can't webM and storytime shit because somebody got it into their head that copyright holders should be even more draconian than they already are.

imagine a world where you weren't a faggot who wanted free handouts like a 5 year old. that's the dream not created by the participation trophy movement

Wouldn't mind if the autistic fucks who make a living off of reacting and """""""""reviewing"""""""" content would fuck off and get real jobs and stop diluting Youtube with their spergouts to cartoons and movies.

Imagine a world where you turned over so the fascists could stomp the other side of your face

imagine a world where your soft dick didn't let the fascists take over

No, that's you

Do not reply to this post. We do not need this thread devolving into some gay argument about fascism.

Same garbage Tumblr pedigree that's also an existing franchise rather than an original idea, Adventure Time and the like are pretty awful but they aren't reboots of a show that ran in CN's heyday.

They can also animate consistently whereas PPG has about as many animation fuckups and inconsistencies as Steven Universe, though even SU doesn't go as fucking far as having storyboard scrabble and lineart or coloring mishaps clearly visible in the finished product.

n'ah. my raging copyright boner is what keeps fascists from taking over because i fight for the rights of individuals over the group

it's proven that left wing "we should all own what everyone makes" dipshits like you don't stand up for yourselves, or even join the crowd 'cause you're a sheep

Blame the suits. When they do shit like this they rarely take into consideration what made the old show so popular in the first place. In this instance they hired a bunch of Tumblr SJWs to run the show instead of the original creators or people who actually have a significant level of intelligence and experience.

You don't actually know what fascism is, do you?

i know that if it was actually in the us as heavy as you think it is, then you'd end up supporting it

No one on Holla Forums actually knows what facism is quit responding to these posts

It's usually understandable in the case of cartoons because, with a few obvious exceptions like animated sitcoms, cartoons don't generally have long runs. The network that produces them usually pays for about 65 episodes, after which point they decide that they've got enough for syndication and they pull the plug. Conversely, the minimum amount of episodes for a Live Action TV show to get a syndication deal is 100 episodes, so you can see why fans of old cartoons often feel short-changed.

You wouldnt be saying if you actually saw the recent seasons. It's actually mindblowing how worthless the show's writers are.

Oh fucking boy, here we go with retarded political b8 derailment #321436789

How many PPG reboot threads do we need? Are there quotas involved?

At least as many as the number of Steven Universe threads that were made at its height of popularity on Holla Forums.

Seriously though, are we gonna end up having to make a cyclical general thread for ppg like we did with Steven Universe

Our Monkey's Paw Universe continues to spite us.

Stop wishing for things, faggots!

Even all the other shit doesn't have animation errors as atrocious as this reboot does. This new PPG has really set the bar low for this shit.

None the less you do have a point OP, by inviting obvious comparisons to the older show this shit has made it more and more apparent how bad this "adventure time" approach to writing is.

It's ironic, but this could end up being the show that puts an end to this fucking trend.

that's not ironic

I don't think that applies to current running shows and you use clips that are obviously from a rip from a pirate website. Screengrabs should be okay but you'd have to look at the law carefully and not rely on word of somebody on the net which everyone does when the topic of fair use is brought up. At minimum, use preview clips provided by the official channel. They are intending to sell the shows at a later date.

I saw a flood of the these "reviews" though I didn't watch them myself because I've already formed an opinion from watching it that it was terrible. If I was a true blood reviewer, I'd do it after the season is over or its officially on sale. As cutthroat as copyright takedown has become lately, reviewers are in the same boat. I still don't get the point of watching someone react to something. I never experienced the amount of videos that readily flood once a trailer drops of people being fake excited, very contrarian, thoughtlessly mad or intently analytical back in the old youtube days. I guess that's what being a youtuber entails today. Being a culture vulture to get the first bite of the pop carcass. Is the money really worth it if you have to act like parents on black friday?

It pushes the SJW pedigree in addition to shitting all over a beloved franchise, so it's a double whammy.

I know Cuckventure Time and Social Justice Universe are that, but at least they aren't vicariously raping the corpse of a beloved franchise in the process.

Now, every time I think Powerpuff Girls, even when it's the old stuff, it's associated with tranny pandering and meme faces.

It fails at this, SJWs are bashing this for Transphobia (the modern day term for crosdressing jokes) and for making Bullfighting jokes

Yes it is.

Cuckventure Time it's raping itself at this point, throwing away what little dignity it had left

It exists user. too bad they got rid of all of a bunch of shows with the new reboot of the channel. They had shit like swat kats and other shit. Now they replaced it with TTG, Be cool scooby do, Johnny testes, etc.

Irony is when a fire truck catches on fire… trend of shitty style of writing is end thanks to the worst example is "forgone conclusion"

Or for a Holla Forums example, take it away Bender!

Fuck.. really? Shit, I remember watching yogi bear and Wacky Races back then.

Of course it doesn't have any dignity left, have you seen the ratings ?

I know about Boomerang, I just refused to acknowledge it since it hardly rerun any good cartoons anymore.

It's a shame, really. I used to watch it all the time, now it's dead to me.

A fire truck catching on fire is ironic because a fire truck is meant to stop fires, instead it starts one.

This PPG reboot was intending to cash in on this writing trend and set the bar lower allowing for more of that shit, instead it possibly ends up killing the trend altogether.

What Bender describes is literary irony, which is distinct from situational irony, which is the opposite of what's expected and is therefore ambiguous and open to interpretation.

user thinks that this shit PowerPuff Girls remake tanking the entire gravy train is the opposite of what you'd expect. I personally with everyone else that it's exactly what you'd expect and is therefore not ironic.

just because what they choose to do with what they have is crap does not mean it is incompetently made. the animation is fine, the backgrounds look fine, the animation and art is consitent, it has an idea of line weight and framing, it has reasonably consistent relative character sizes, etc.

the writing might be kind of shit but that doesnt stop it from being competently put together.
the PPG reboot is just bad in every way.

I'm amazed that no one at the Cartoon Network has just taken the reigns away from the dumbasses writing PPG.

What's so hard about just firing some people?

Nobody on the internet knows jack shit about politics beyond, "I'm right and anyone who disagrees with me is not only wrong, but an asshole/degenerate/sexist/xphobe

Are you still allowed to turn off ads for videos, or did they take that away now?

nigger, that's not irony. that's just funny

no, pretty sure that's dead

Firing them is easy
Getting competent people to replace them… that's the catch

All they'd need to do is just avoid hiring anyone that never attended CalArts.

The writing itself is the major problem and there are tons of comedians around who could probably give their two cents to help shape up the stories.

Isn't the problem Calarts's recent graduates themselves?

CalArts is like the majority of the hiring pool. Even McCracken went to CalArts

What if I want to make a review but don't feel comfortable making ad money off of footage I didn't have a hand in producing?

then don't use the footage that you didn't make. be an example of creativity rather than these entitled mother fuckers who are all "I should be able to use whatever I want whenever I want"

iirc, if a video's popular or not the company that owns the footage you've got will usually put up their own ads whether you want them to or not

Why are people calling it a "reboot" anyway? It's clearly intended to follow up the original series, constantly referencing past events. And that's what pisses me off even more anyway because if this series really did start over, I could at least just easily ignore it.

It's just as easily ignored as a sequel as it would be as a reboot.