Christian evidence thread

Why did the apostles travel far and wide preaching the gospel being persecuted and eventually going to their martyrdom proclaiming the truth of Jesus' resurrection if they knew that it was a lie? Christianity became the greatest religion in the world on the strength of that testimony. The first epistle is written only 25 years after Jesus death. The first Gospel, 40 years. The pre-pauline creed is traced to only months after his death. The historical evidence for Jesus resurrection is extremely strong.

Why is any physical state conscious rather than non-conscious if consciousness is not a fundamental aspect of the universe? The idea that the mind is a physical construct is likely wrong. Computers can be intelligent but will never feel a single emotion. They just organize physical information and send electrical signals for interpretation by the hardware that receives the output. Information is categorically different from experience.

70 000 people witnessed the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima in Portugal in 1917 at an appointed day and time by 3 children who had had apparitions to them for months. Two of them died in 1918. This is how they met their end:

"The siblings were victims of the great 1918 influenza epidemic that swept through Europe that year. In October 1918, Mary supposedly appeared to them and said she would take them to heaven soon.[3] Both lingered for many months, insisting on walking to church to make Eucharistic devotions and prostrating themselves to pray for hours, kneeling with their heads on the ground as they said the angel had instructed them to do.[2]

Francisco declined hospital treatment on April 3, 1919, and died at home the next day. Jacinta was moved from one hospital to another in an attempt to save her life, which she insisted was futile. She developed purulent pleurisy and endured an operation in which two of her ribs were removed. Because of the condition of her heart, she could not be anesthetized and suffered terrible pain, which she said would help to convert many sinners. On February 19, 1920, Jacinta asked the hospital chaplain who heard her confession to bring her Holy Communion and give her the Anointing of the Sick because she was going to die "the next night". He told her that her condition was not that serious and that he would return the next day. The next day Jacinta was dead; she had died, as she had often said she would, alone."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_of_the_Sun

You never know when your time is up. Repent now. Or this may be your fate for all eternity:
youtube.com/watch?v=lT8JTpVrH2c

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

youtube.com/watch?v=sTU7MfOgDKM

Gee, I dunno.
Maybe it got them fame and riches and women?

Explain why a person who conquers death, and wants to start a kingdom on earth…. would go away?

I wonder how many times he has bestowed the seed of god amongst his followers?

separate fact from fiction
half the new testament is literally fulfillment and continuation of the old testament
90% of the old testament existed as part or whole of other religions pre judaism and long before dead sea scrolls
todays jews are talmudic which is supra old testament and anyone saying christianity is judaic is either uneducated or wants to push a narrative that is false

bump

without 10 replies this thread dies soon
see ya christians

Fuck you, we´re gonna debate about Jesus whether you want to or not, BITCH.

bump

As a member of the One Holy Roman Catholic Christian Apostolic Church, I want to bring up the "hypocrisy" of Communist regimes.

For example, in the USSR and parts of China, the priests they often apprehended were subject of death by "hook". The would get those hooks from which meat usually hangs, and stab the priest with it, the hook going around his spinal column. The poor priest would then hang and suffer an agonizing death for ~3 hours.

Just thought I'll share that. Anyone else is a historyfag?

Just because they believed that it was true doesn't make it true, OP.

You're argument implies someone else took the body from the tomb, however this can be counter argued by stating the all possible parties:

1) His disciples wouldn't have been because no one martyrs themselves over something they know to be a lie (except maybe women)

2) The Pharisees couldn't have been behind it because at many times there were massive conversion by Jews to Christianity. A well known account was the conversion of 3000 Jews at the same time in front of Pharisees Rabies. They didn't possessed Jesus' body.

3) Finally, the Romans. Remember the guards put to guard the tomb. They wouldn't have been able to do so because it would have sparked the civil friction which they themselves wanted to avoid. In fact, the coming decades in that small/insignificant part of the Roman empire was the exact thing they were looking to avoid.

I'm NOT saying this proves Jesus' resurrection, personally I'm not much of a believer (though I don't own a fedora) but it makes it very UNLIKELY that any of these groups hid Jesus' body.

Then again, I'm a well known troll here. Any historyfag here? I'm lonely…

nah… Tipping fedoras is not my thing

The same reason Jews let themselves get holocausted and Muslims suicide bomb themselves.

You could say the same thing about Asians and it'd be just as valid.

They were eye witnesses, so if they believed it then it's true. Unless there was some sort of mass delusion.

kek

I never studied history in a university/school-esque setting, but I (and most other Christians) are still much more knowledgeable in history than the typical fedora/paganlarpers (see pics).

Nice to see another Catholic around here too!

The Bible is the literal word of God!

Muhammad supposedly had eyewitnesses. Every time Muslims quote a hadith they're claiming that those are the words of those eyewitnesses. On top of that, they have photographs of Bahá'u'lláh circulating out there.

Obviously Christianity, Islam, and the Bahá'í faith can't all be true when they can contradict each other, so that requires that at least most of them have false eyewitnesses.

were these eyewitnesses documented?

For the same reason that 900 people committed suicide at Jonestown and that the members of Heaven's Gate castrated themselves and then committed suicide.

People do all kinds of idiotic shit all the time. It doesn't mean that the entity/concept in whose name they perform the idiocy is 'real'.

I want to bring up the very real hypocrisy of the "Holy" and "Apostolic" Catholic Church.

The Church that claims to be the instrument of God's instrument on Earth and even the very Regency of Heaven in the physical world, and yet has perpetrated a great number of atrocities and evils. Catholics always respond with "the Inquisition wasn't THAT bad!". But who says it was just the Inquisition?

-The Albigensian Crusade against the Cathars, who exemplified the Biblical message much better than the famously corrupt medieval Church
-The Bosnian Crusade (so indicative of the supposed Vicar of Christ's willingness to involve himself in temporal affairs) to destroy the Bogomils and rein in a Catholic but independent Bosnia
-The Inquisition
-The persecution of the Waldensians which continued for three centuries
-The Lollard persecution and the Oldcastle revolt
-The Hussite Wars
-Reactionary Catholic bishops using money from alms to hire assassins, hit-men, and strike-breakers in various countries to counter what they perceived as 'Progressive' movements (ex: Juan Soldevilla y Romero, a bishop of Saragossa who organized right-wing terror squads with his own funds to antagonize local union members)
-Catholic clerics threatening to excommunicate voters for not voting for those candidates or parties that were approved by the Church (famously in Italy, Malta, Ireland, the Philippines, and even in the U.S.)
-Catholic Church cooperation with the Croatian Ustaše regime, due to the Ustaše's staunch pro-Catholic viewpoints
-Pedophile scandals and money-laundering scandals of the present day.

There's more. You must not know as much history as you claim to do so.