I finally discovered our purpose for existence

We are dirt growers.

Everything we make and become eventually turns into dirt.

Our purpose is to just be, so the ball we are on can continue growing.

Perhaps it is sentient.

Perhaps it is a cosmic power plant

Perhaps it will become a base for our designers.

But all of that is above us.

We are just the dirt makers.

It's the one thing every one of us achieves.

It's a computer.

I flush the dirt I make down the toilet

But you still make it.

Ok, so by "growing" you mean gradually turning the planet into dirt? Being some alien's compost pile isn't much of a religion.

It's good quality too. I eat a lot sand and clay.

Delicious

Well we do not make dirt at all. I mean, we are the opposite of dirt growers. Consider the fact that we eat a whole lot and we change matter into energy. We are huge entropy machines. If anything, we are lessening the dirt.

The rest of the "dirt" comes only from space. That is the only way matter actually adds to Earth. In no way we add to the dirt at all.

Considering that earth would have more dirt without us and the fact that we commit blasphemy by shooting matter into the space all the timeā€¦ Well, it turns out that OP is a faggot. A dirty, dirty faggot.

we do sometimes turn elemental and inorganic matter into biologically available matter.

Compost isn't dirt.

it is a major component, and I wasn't speaking of compost.

What are you talking about then, feget?

"Biologically available" is "1 step from energy, thus not dirt".

Feget

How do you mean?

matter and energy are different manifestations of the same thing

I was thinking more in terms of super phosphate and the Haber process.

A bunch of slack jawed faggots around here.

This thread has helped me find religion.
Particularly you. This must be some sort of offshoot from the Church of Atom.

So not dirt, huh.

Well then, I guess that solves the whole entropy thing of the whole fucking population. Aight.

all matter is a step away from energy

I never claimed we had a net positive contribution

Our ability to make artificial fertilizers has allowed our species surpass its initial k value and bring our population from 1.6 to 7billion in a little over 100 years

I see where you're coming from. But both have arguably led to people taking less-good care of dirt in a way that's it's in any way usable (from an anthropocentric prospective). If we were meant to make dirt I think the whole planet would be tundra with permafrost so we could get those 10+ feet deep organic layers throughout the world.

So basically we suck at our job and mission?
We are here and we suck?
What more - we are here and we are basically biologically designed to suck at our job?

Pretty bleak existence you paint here, chappoleeno.

Perhaps you're mentally retarded

if we reduce the total qty of matter in a system, we reduce the amount of information required to describe it.
Also, to consider minerals sent to Mars as a spaceraft lost to the sum of all minerals is a fallacy.
If I eat a dorito and fall asleep, entropy, defined as the amount of information needed to describe the universe, actually decreases by at least one dorito.
The true mystery is why you wake up in a world less comprehensible than the one you nodded off from.

What? Also no. "tonne" is shorter than "milligram"
Also it is a fallacy fallacy, meaning that it is not a fallacy. Chechen m8.

But it increases. Again "3 boxes of doritos" is shorter than "holy shit this humongous piece of shit is so fat we are going to need to buy another universe."

That is not a mystery as no one wakes up in this world. No one.

I thought it was funny, but you aren't too far from the truth OP, the Bible does say that we are all dust and we will all return to dust.

Fucking heretics. You faggots aren't part of the church of inglip?

Good soil is not vegan, or even vegetarian in a strict sense.

Become my servant then and I will help you make dirt.

i fuck chickens

yes

dirt grows us. like apples on a tree, people grow out of the earth. we just feel separate because we're not physically connected to the earth. we're all the same creature, as much a part of the earth as anything else, we are the whole process, the whole universe. we don't just make dirt, we are dirt, we're everything.