Holla Forums how do you define intelligence?

Holla Forums how do you define intelligence?

directly proportional to whiteness

come on niggers, i know you're retarded and all but you have to give it a try

One's ability to learn and retain new information

succ my balls

To me intelligence is related to your comprehension hability.

The easier it is for you to get your head around stuff you've never heard of before, the more intelligent you are, I'd say.

I don't think intelligence is related to how much you know, that's just having a good memory. People who can recite 7 billions Pi decimals aren't smart in my book.

You could define intelligence as the ability to optimize your environment according to your own needs and standards.

I consider myself a smart person, but I suck at actually getting anything done, so in that sense I'm quite retarded.

What you know would be knowledge. Being knowledgeable about something doesn't necessarily mean that you'll make smart decisions based on that knowledge though.

That's where Intelligence comes in. Not only does intelligence lie in your ability to comprehend/understand how and/or why things are/work, but it's also in the making of smart choices, based on what you know or have learnt.

Lots of people know that junk food is bad. Yet the still shovel that shit down their throat. Why? Because they're not very intelligent.

thanks for contributing
consider adhd, since i feel the same

meant for

obviously

agree, but
what about impulsivity?

also, not just impusivity, but 'bad-pleasure sacrifice'?

Yeah, no, not buying it.

At some point in their lives, they've all made the concious decision that they don't give a fuck what they eat, or have concluded that dieting is too hard.

You don't simply walk past all of the fruits and vegetables to get straight to the microwave meals, on impulse. I really wanted some potato chips last night but didn't have any… Because I didn't buy any… I knew that if I did buy them, I'd just go grab a bag and stuff my face at the PC the moment I got hungry and was too lazy too cook something up. Instead I ate some grapes. That's me, being somewhat intelligent.

Although I'm not intelligent enough to get off of this fucking computer and do something productive, mind you.

Impulsivity (or impulsiveness) is a multifactorial construct that involves a tendency to act on a whim, displaying behavior characterized by little or no forethought, reflection, or consideration of the consequences.

I would say intelligence is a spectrum, that consist of levels of development of every intelligence related part of the brain, including impuslivity (one of the features of frontal lobe) we are talking about atm. So, for ex. if you are highly impulsive (less developed or damaged part of frontal lobe), thats your weakness, that will affect your intelligence and behaviour as a whole.

Furthermore, Imo. the result of what you do in your life is like an complex equation. Predisposition (how you react to nature) + nature (odds) while nature at the same time forming/shaping predisposition (brains) trought time, which opens up another question. To what an extent or is there free will at all? I would say this is highly debatable and would need an exact definition of free will.

bump lets get thinking faggots

It's meant to be a catch-all term but I think it has components. People say intelligence when they're impressed by someone's mental ability.

I think intelligence can come across in an end-product (for people with less-legible trains of thought) or the process (for people who lack drive or motivation to do anything). Either way it's impossible to measure objectively.

good point

that along with the ability to comprehend logic