Worst Simpsons episodes

We all know the glory of single digit seasons, but let's focus on the sheer awfulness of modern Simpsons.
Which episode triggered your autism the most?

For me it'd be somewhere between that sadgasm one, Bart wetting his pants and Moe's rag. Honorable mention to every couch gag after the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yfgs9FRD25M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think I've seen a single decent episode past the year 2005-ish.

I think the worse might be Lisa Goes Gaga. It was a fusion of pandering and a really fucking bad moral that has been run to the ground, with sprinklings of Lisa being an asshole for no reason.

fuck off to reddit with all these simpsons threads.

Fuck off actual redditors

Honestly, I found this early episode to be pretty stupid

>>>/suicide/

And we later ended up with an episode delivering the exact opposite moral. Got to love that.

Yeah the older Simpsons episode often went with pretty traditional morals which sometimes led to some preachy and naive bullshit. The one which tried to demonize Homer for not wanting to go to church on sunday had a similar problem.

Didn't South Park also have something like that? Like in the movie the day was saved by swear words but the episode where they were allowed to say "shit" caused the problem? I don't know its been a while since I watched any South Park let alone the episodes

Oh, that one (you know the one I mean) where Lisa whole-heartedly embraces an ideology without knowing one fucking thing about, is BTFO by a celebrity, and realizes she's been a petty cunt to her loved ones who have suffered from her bullshit the entire episode. Which episode was that, again? That one.

That one pissed me off too, but it's not as bad as the one with the belly dancer.

In the movie, Cartman is able to beat Saddam thanks to a broken chip in his brain (which is supposed to shock him for using swear words) allowing him to fire electricity at Saddam.

In the episode you're referring to, the problem was caused by not by saying "shit" but by the overuse of the word "shit", since swears are "cursed words".

wait what?

maybe he means they do that plot frequently? The Vegan episode and the Buddhism episode are the only two that come to mind.

The future episodes also tend to be pretty terrible: the plot meanders and they go nowhere.

What "Lisa goes Gaga" proves, is that the new Simpsons NEED to go on great lenghts just to make the show interesting.

What really pisses me off in this episode, is that Lisa wants to be popular and cool and be loved by all her peers, but she also wants to be the obnoxious know-it-all with supposed moral grounds higher than any other Simpsons character that needs to teach the world a lesson.

And she needs Lady freaking Gaga to tell her that she is special and beloved and a unique snowflake for her to feel good about herself… and the only way to do so was to berate Gaga in the same way she always does to everything.

The episode where Bart fakes a kidnapping just because he went to a rap concert unsupervised.

Not only she wants to piss on Bart (for getting away without any punishment) but also on Homer (for getting money by selling the rights of the scam's story) on Wiggum (which, FOR ONCE, did his job to find Bart, and was being promoted), and on Kirk (which despite being in jail, got famous with the ladies overnight because of his status as a 'dangerous' jailed man).

And then it comes Miss Perfect saying that "the way {she} was raised, by {MARGE}, {she} learned that truth can't be swept away under the rug" as if implying that Marge is in any way better than Homer.

We are talking about a woman that raped Homer when she was taking steroids, and it was never mentioned again, also she ended up cheating on him with that douche professor of her, while Homer had to work to pay her college tuition, and she made Homer the laughing stock of the town with her 'novel' where she barely could hide the fact that the characters were him, herself, and Flanders, or letting Lisa place a restriction order on Bart, basically forcing him out of the house. And least, but not last, THE FUCKING TIME MARGE LIED TO HOMER AND SENT HIM TO A METH LAB INSTEAD OF THE FANCY RESTAURANT THEY WERE ALL GOING TO.

Yet, she is the better parent, right?

>We are talking about a woman that raped Homer when she was taking steroids, and it was never mentioned again, also she ended up cheating on him with that douche professor of her, while Homer had to work to pay her college tuition, and she made Homer the laughing stock of the town with her 'novel' where she barely could hide the fact that the characters were him, herself, and Flanders, or letting Lisa place a restriction order on Bart, basically forcing him out of the house. And least, but not last, THE FUCKING TIME MARGE LIED TO HOMER AND SENT HIM TO A METH LAB INSTEAD OF THE FANCY RESTAURANT THEY WERE ALL GOING TO
As a parent, yes, unlike Homer she can actually raise kids, feed them and look after them. Homer can't look after himself most of the time, requires as much attention as kids and he can't keep a stable job - while both are as dysfunctional doing lots of questionable shit, Marge at least can function as an adult.

But Homer IS a good parent. His issue is that he has no proper frame of reference for being a good parent since his mom abandoned the family, and his dad was emotionally distant. This seriously fucked him up for adulthood, and was only made worse when he knocked Marge up.

Bart may be a hellraiser but he still willingly spends time with him. He doesn't understand half the shit that comes out of Lisa's mouth but still supports her in things she finds important, and Maggie? PIC FUCKING RELATED.

You're referencing Zombie Simpsons episodes as if they actually happened and weren't a fever dream Al Jean had that somehow made it on television.

I wouldn't say Homer was a good parent. He's a lot better than people seem to give him credit for. He actually spends time with his children, which most shit parents don't do. But he's not a good parent, he's irresponsible, inattentive and generally gives poor advice, although he's not malicious when he does these things.

SEVEN

That one episode where Homer goes to a pride parade.

NuSimpsons in general was horrible about LGBT stuff: "Haha look at this homophobic white dude"

A while back I saw an article about a recent episode that had Smithers officially come out, with the article celebrating how "progressive" and "courageous" it was for the show to center a plot around a gay person.

I hadn't watched the simpsons in a few years so I wanted to see how bad it had gotten. I picked a random one and watched about 5 minutes in, and then they called Judas Priest death metal. I stopped watching and haven't bothered to see a single episode since.

B-but… but Smither's was always gay… that was the joke…. you mean… no…. you don't mean they are actually taking his character seriously now? Jesus Christ I have not seen this show in over 10 years thanks be to Odin for sparing me from that bullshit.

There is no real point in discussing the character of Simpsons characters when the show has been on air for so long. As far as I'm concerned it's like with Legend of Zelda: there are different timelines and some seasons lie in the same timeline, but the different timelines are completely unrelated and it just so happens that in every one there are people who are kind of similar to each other, but that's it. Sure, the official line would have you believe that it's all one timeline and all connected, but that's BS.

The show has gone on for so long, there have been many writers and people have left and joined the team over time. Take Flanders, his changes in character have coined the term Flanderization. Sure, he has always been mister nice, but in his early episode he was drinking beer in his game room with homer, getting angry, taking bets and apparently in his college days he was crossdressing. Does that sound anything like the Flanders of today?

Lisa has been a nerdy little girl, but she was still a little girl first. As Bart's younger sister she would be in on his pranks as well, causing trouble and just being a kid in general.

Homer was a lovable blue collar worker, he was not the brightest, but he was normal and a kind father. He gave up his dream job and returned to wage slavery for Maggie. Now Homer is a retard who should be put into a cage.

I could go on about other people as well, but you get the point. When discussing characters one has to put a line what incarnation of the Simpsons one is discussing.

Was that the one where he couldn't catch the baseball?

Mhm.

Treehouse of Horror, because it's a yearly disappointment and used to signify season premiers.

To be honest, Lisa's episode were always shit, even before zombie Simpson. They weren't as bad as today episodes, but compared to the ones of the golden age they came out shitty in comparison.
Just tell me an old Lisa's episode that doesn't have some strong bullshit in it.

This is really something, the fact that you can just pick a random point of a random episode and still roll your eyes out at the stupidity. I just did the same some days ago, it was an epsiode about Kent Brockman becoming a Youtube star or someshit, and there was a HILARIOUS gag were Homer just said "liberals" in funny voices to show how stupid people who hate liberals are, ain't that hilarious.

Of course, that's ignoring the fact that he himself was a priest at a gay marriage before, because who the fuck cares.

Round Springfield

What was the moral.

Not that user, but it was 2000/2001 when I started watching The Simpsons as a kid. But it was mostly reruns, so it was a lot of the good old episodes.

Yikes, the only episodes there I've even seen are the steroids and the restraining order episodes. And I don't even remember the Marge raping Homer part. Haven't even heard of the other ones; it

Radioactive Man was a great episode though.

WAS. Homer WAS a good parent. He's pretty much Peter Griffon-lite now.

The only episode that I know of that has that plot wasn't NuSimpsons. It was in like Season 8 or 9 or something.
>getting triggered by that episode

I don't think the joke was so much about being gay more than it was about him being into a decrepit, skeletal, 100+ year old man.

Deepest lore

Just to clarify, I don't mean that there are actually different timelines. What I mean is that the show is so long that it can effectively be broken into independent periods where events from one period effectively might as well not have happened at all in other periods. It's like a number of self-contained shorter shows, all with the basic premise, somehow got concatenated into one lone-running show.

I agree with this idea but not with the examples you provided.
The characters becoming more like parodies of themselves is just bad writing. What makes sense with the "multiple short shows" idea is that at this point we have multiple backgrounds for everything, I'm pretty sure Homer and Marge met each other in a dozen different ways.

When Lisa played the nintendo Zii, I don't even remember what episode that was, that wasn't even the plot, it was just the moment where I realized the "joke" was that she was playing the nintendo wii, but it's spelled wrong, but I'm supposed to just get the reference, and that "joke" was basically the same old shit the team was shitting out for years and I was just pretending to like it.

I can't like it

I'm done likingit

fuck you

or those hilarious moments when a character based on popular person from tv appears and says something

My favorite Simpsons moment was in that episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=yfgs9FRD25M

*tips fedora*

So I guess that means that modern Simpsons is the Downfall timeline. AoL game over version.

I know you didn't mean it, I just thought just even coming up with the idea was a bizarre way to look at a sitcom.

Grow up.

Sounds like a normal woman

I remember the beer thing, was also in the remorian cult but when he did XD?

Even though it's Season 7, which is my favourite season, Lisa the Vegetarian is the episode I hate the most. Lisa acts like a complete bitch to everyone and the only reason she's in the right throughout the episode is because of the writer's vegetarian bias.

Her ruining Homer's BBQ still annoys me considering Homer didn't do anything that was out of malice towards her the entire episode.

Early Flanders was just really the anti-Homer. The later writers seemed to miss the point with Ned's Christianity in that he is a good Christian in opposite to Homer who is a bad Christian.

Early Flanders wasn't particularly pious, he was just a nice guy, who Homer disliked for some reason. It's only later that he became Johnny Jesus and then he became the stock Fundamentalist Christian conservative. It sort of went from 'Why does Homer dislike this guy?' to 'No wonder Homer dislikes this guy'.

i watched an episode called Barthood yesterday, its from the 27th season.

would you believe me if i told you its NOT horrible? it wasn't funny or good, but it was definitely NOT horrible.

however, maybe im being completely ignorant and it was actually just a big parody of a movie, which would make it instantly shit as its not something original.

Sounds like a parody of Boyhood, which took twelve years to make and had the same actors for the entire duration, filmed growing up.

go fucking figure, writing something new is too hard for these fucking dumb hacks.

To be fair, Bart of Darkness ended up being a Rear Window parody and Cape Feare was, of course, a Cape Fear parody.

every single episode is a parody of something now, they just won't give up

I think they get big money if the show manages 30 seasons.

Ow the edge.

They'll never do jokes like this again.