Anyone watch this yet? It's fucking incredible

Anyone watch this yet? It's fucking incredible.

Didn't think Starfox and Heavy Metal would go together but looks like I was wrong.

Its surprisingly effective. Doesn't feel cheap. Has good dialogue.

My only complaint is that the backgrounds are mostly filtered photos.

I'm sure they could have found an artist capable of making backdrops in a similar style to 70's and 80's cartoons.

The trick is finding an artist who'll do it real cheap or the money to hire an artist who'll do it at more normal rates. Even a background like that isn't something you whip out in fifteen minutes.

No argument there. Still, there's clearly a ton of effort and attention put into the animation, so it's a shame the backgrounds are sloppy.

Personally, I'd prefer a limited number of backgrounds, even re-used ones, over many subpar ones. Hell, it could even augment the old animation aesthetic they're going for.

I think its just a sad case of cash money/time limitations. How many of these animated type films actually get released off of patreon/kickstarter? Very few. So I respect the fact that they stuck to their guns.

Power to them.

And thinking about it, they really did the correct thing. What the quality of animation is, it works. What sort of feeling they where going for works in this case.

Modern cartoons are all about bland as fuck animation, with "Super Nice backgrounds". Again, I hand it to these people.

Hey Holla Forums, are you ready to accept furries as saviors of animation? Except Jasonafex, of course.

I had watched Fred's WIP stream for the first episode, and I was worried that E01 was already spoiled for me but I actually enjoyed it alot.

My favorite scene is when Fox asks if they can talk somewhere with a carpet because his feet are cold, and Andross' face looks like someone shit in his soup.

Too bad episode 2 is probably a year off with only one man at the drawing board…

I honestly thought this would never come out with how long it was in development.

the animation is quite nice
too bad he doesn't work for cartoon network or something

also, the characters seem to blink alot

That would be the case if most furries were actually good at animating. That fanbase has such low quality that anything moving on an image is seen as god-tier to them and there's only like 5 of them out of the several who can animate well. The smart thing most animators do for the furry fanbase is animate for a few years, gain a following then get the hell out of dodge.

Another thing you see are those who animate well, realize what cancer the furry community is (and what it can do to you by association) and drop off their radars to begin anew somewhere else.

yiff in hell furfag

Hey, this thing wasn't half bad. Kudos to the writer(s).

Don't worry, the next episode is probably going to take at least a year, assuming it gets made at all.

This was better than any of the shit on tv right now, if only because it looks and sounds like someone put love and effort into it

I want a world where adult swim didn't suck. Got with Nintendo and picked this up into an actual series for 2 seasons.

Instead we get sausage party

My only gripe with this is that it is supposed to be Star Fox the animated series. It makes the show feel hampered and less creative since it's just using someone else's ip.

Just, why couldn't it's creator made his own thing inspired by Star Fox? Just like how Star Fox took inspiration from Thunderbirds.

It's honestly weird how uncreative Nintendo fans in this way.

I think it's probably because this is the only way he could possibly get any viewership.

Let's be real, if you want viewership on the Internet you better forget whatever original ideas you had. The only thing that gets people's attention are things they already know.

Hence why a lot of animators just make their own jokes and scenarios, and then slap Pokemon or Minecraft on top of it afterwards.

I'm impressed. Art wasn't amazing but everything else makes up for it.

I guess that's true. Still when you do that a lot of the time the copyright owners come down on you for it. Then nobody sees your shit.

Is this better than the official Star Fox Zero animation?

This animation actually got me interested, what Star Fox games are worth playing and which are worth passing up?

Alright that Wolf VA, some of those lines, that was pretty fucking entertaining.

Assault
Zero

Avoid command and adventure, but don't feel you have to completely ignore them.

Here's hoping platinum gets starfox for a game all to themselves. I want to see a Fox Stinger.

StarFox (snes)
Starfox 2, unreleased but the room is still up there for download
Starfox 64

Adventure

Thanks, tracking down the roms now. Is adventure worth playing for a Rare like adventure game or is it just all around forgettable?

maybe I'll just play them in order while avoiding command and possible adventure depending on the response to

SF:Adventure was going to be it's own thing, a total new IP, but then Miyamoto said that one of the main characters looked like Fox and shit got weird after that, and it ended up being a Starfox game

It led to people still claiming Star Fox exists in the same universe as Diddy Kong Racing

is it worth playing as its own thing though? I've heard so many mixed things about it.

The first half of the game is actually pretty good, but near the end it becomes trash. It's almost like rare ended up bought by a competitor and shat out the game because of buisness contracts.

The game is essentially a mid beta build, you can have some fun if you play it but give it up once you stop having fun because it doesn't get better at all.

I like Krystal, there i said it

have you seen the standard "what I played, what I expected, what I got" chart? Seems like that's most people's reason for playing the game. That's really disappointing to hear though. I liked Rare a lot as I'm sure most of us did. It's to bad they couldn't deliver on their last game with Nintendo.

Now that I think about it, Bayonetta 2 with the fox costume counts as well.

Last game not counting portable ports they did while owned by Microsoft

This whole thing has an oddly specific and strange presentation style that I can't quite put my finger on. Like they went out of their way to have the art, the movement, the dialog, the voices, and everything all look and sound a certain way, and I can't figure out why.

It's good, I guess, but it's also slightly off-putting because it looks and sounds unusual.

Tried playing SNES and either that game hasn't aged terribly well, or I'm just sensitive to the graphics. Not only did I suck but it gave me a bit of a headache. Think I'm just going to move up to 64.

Can't you just claim parody?

I know the man's been animating since the dawn of time, but I'm excited to see how working this hard will cause him to improve on his animation/VA skills. I like what he's done so far and I'm hoping he can see this thing through to a satisfying conclusion. Would be kind of a let down if he felt he had to wrap it up quickly/abandon it entirely.

I don't know if find scene funny because of awkward out of context homoeroticism or it's funny because I think it's making me question my sexual orientation.

If that is making you question your sexual orientation, there's really not much a question there.

What are you implying?

why would you post this

Well congratulations, you got yourself caught.

Now what's the next step of your master plan?

Sucking lots of Nasty COCK! With no adblocks!

So this is what it looks like when you combine old school art style with modern lifeless animation and add a million cubic tons of filters on top of it: like shit.

And it is still better the roughly 90% of what is currently airing.

God, i wish i was kidding.

A lot of this looks like they rotoscoped it. Has a real Ralph bakshi feel. Think fritz the cat or American pop.

I like it.

The episode ended with me wanting to see the next episode, and I laughed at several points, so it's a winner in my book.

Animation was done with rotoscope for the most part. You can tell someone acted the scenes before they were drawn. They didn't do full frame by frame rotoscoping though they skipped a few frames in between each one they drew

For those that don't know, rotoscoping is animating over video footage. It makes characters move more realistic. One person could've acted all the animation in front of a green screen. The footage was taken and used as a template for the animation.

I don't think its rotoscoped. You can watch him making the episodes on his stream and he just draws from scratch as far as I can tell.

I wouldn't say it's shit.. but you're absolutely right about the filters. There's filters on fucking everything in this, even the voices.

Better animation than the killing joke movie.

Holla Forums Does anyone else have a bad feeling that A fox in space popularity will give Treehouse ideas?

Is that so bad?

Think he was bisexual all along. You can't wear something like that and be straight.

Implying wolf doesn't swing it both ways.

Of course this is the direction that this thread would take…

Had a good run but hey who says we have to continue with it. Lets get back on course, personally I like the design of Star War not so much for Star Fox

Implying Wolf in this is not a better written bi character than recent marvel comic

bump

What the fuck did I just read?

This was Holla Forums's doing. Holla Forums will always deliver good animation.

actually not so much anymore, based trunchbull is leading a pretty nice charge in getting higher quality furry animations out there.

You mean the cuckquean who groveled at Fagoneer's cuck toes?

How's this?

64 has aged the best out of all of the Star Fox games I think.
I come back to it about once a year specifically to beat my personal high score, and it still holds up in the fun department regardless.
Too bad Nintendo doesn't know what the fuck to do with the franchise and keeps churning out utter shit.
The fact they keep raping one of their best known franchises makes me wonder if I really want another F-Zero game from them.

I wonder who gets to exit Smash purgatory first.