Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial LTS upgrade thread

Who else upgradan here?

Post progress, new known issues, or spectacular upgrade failures.

kys

who cares? It's the equivalent of running `emerge -uDavN @world`. Do you want me to make a thread about that?

It's not though.

Ubuntu is demonstrably the most popular GNU/Linux distro.

Literally nobody uses Gentoo except some edge cases, and others are mostly "Just For Autism" waste of time.

IT'S THE SAME SHIT. YOU LITERALLY MADE A THREAD ABOUT UPDATING YOUR FUCKING SYSTEM.
YOU ARE THE CANCER KILLING Holla Forums

And don't get me started on your "edge case" idiocy, you can't parrot what you read on /g/ all your life

I thought the big advantage of gaynoo/loonix was that it can update WITHOUT the need to restart.

Windows wins again.

You can just restart all daemons if you upgrade libc. Kernel update requires restart unless you have a vendor that provides kparch stuff.

Kpatch*

The power of systemd

here's your (You)

Apparently it's pretty buggy on the Xubuntu side, dunno about other flavors.

Systemd is even easier to reinitialize all daemons, including systems itself, when you upgrade libc.

Ubuntu wants to provide an experience similar to windows, therefore they bundle spyware, develop crappy software born from severe NIH syndrome and force users to restart for no good reason.
That way, Windows users can feel right at home

The only thing that interests me about this release is whether or not they are successfully sued by Oracle for using ZFS.

Finally, The year of the linux desktop can begin!

For anyone using 16.04:
How is Unity 8? How is AMDGPU compared to FGLRX? Are the servers slow as fuck? Does Snappy work yet?

this

Unity is slow, AMDGPU is slow and buggy, the servers are fast however Snappy packages have weird behaviors like fucking your mom.

Found the problem.

Will it play fucking games? I'm trying to get the misses to chuck Windows from her machine & that's the only reason why she won't.

Video games are for faggots. Tell your "wife" to grow up

lol u mad kid. Go fix X for the third time this week

cum at me bro. Im sure your Kali linux cant get me behind my 7 proxies. MEME HARDER

1/10 not even trying

Yeah telling people to KYS over a linux distro is not leddit quality stuff right? Maybe you should add some vanilla bleach to your martini tonight

ChromeOS. Your pissant little oobungoo Debian parasite is nothing.

>>>/plebbit/