Killing Joke Official Trailer Released

RIP Warner Bros animation

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/R7UDF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope that shitty walk cycle was the fault of video encoding on YouTube's end.

If it isn't then all hope for decent animators to be among the industry is a lost cause.

stiff like low budget anime minus moe

web 'em here

I really hope that wasn't their fault, if the animation's really that bad this thing is gonna bomb hard.

this looks fanmade

You do know dc animated universe will use this as a excuse to make a Justice league Identity crisis movie right?

The animation is stiff…but I'm loving Joker's design.

However, the Animation is REALLY fucking stiff.

…Goddamn it, I can see that shit.

Identity Crisis was GOAT

There's something aobut this animation that I can't stand

That silky-smooth C I N E M A T I C four frames per second? We all bullied that arab superhero girl for having cheap animation but it turns out we were the arabs the whole time.

And it's based on the recoloured version too.

Okay, I really don't understand what you people are complaining about.
What animation?
The OP video is clearly just a fan trailer slideshow made from leaked still pictures glued together.
There is no animation in there.

This really makes the Killing Joke look like some big epic action backed drama. The best part about it was how mundane Joker's transformation was, he had a really shit day and fell into a vat of Joker acid. It's brilliant in how boring his transformation into the Joker really is, it makes it more believable that it could happen to anyone really.

The animation is worse than superman unbound.

Identity crisis was pretty meh tbh fam

Reminder that Dark Knight was PG-13 elseworld.

GOD DANMIT.
I like the designs, there is no excesive detail which reminds me to Timmverse but also realistic proportions.
BUT FUCK. Was he running on that scene or hoping?

The shit animation is icing on the cake.

How's it going, Holla Forumscksuckers? Ready to switch to and embrace glorious Nipponese animation? The sooner you do, the better.

Not really, we'll just make an Adult Disney owned division here under a different name and be done with it. Re-igniting creativity and making the big mouse more bank than you can scoff at.
It will be great.
It will be revolutionary
and most of all, it will be AMERICAN.

Suck it weaboo.

Need I say more?

By "American" you mean "brought in from Mexico"?

Yeah, I do like that they struck a design balance between what was good about the Bruce Timm look and what wasn't good about it. Detail low enough for the animators not to trip over it, but also no shoulders seven times wider than the character's hips.

Just too bad that even with the simpler designs, they still animated it at about 4 frames per second.

It's not happening, is it?

Yes. Mexicans (and most South Americans) are actually really fucking good at animating believe it or not.

Too bad they live in third world shitholes and will never become famous animators or content creators.

Shame.

I really want to believe this is some kind of mistake, that somehow YouTube fucked up the video or they used early footage by mistake and the final release won't have such shitty animation. I don't want to believe that Bruce Timm would let this fly.

He probably doesn't have much of a say in it. DC Entertainment has to cut the budget somewhere.

Why would they make a trailer with the shitty part though, has to be a mistake.

I mean, the earlier trailer? sneak peek? had pretty good animation, and was longer than this official trailer

Is there a place where I can read the comic?

what are you talking about? we're in one right now

What are you doing on my turf, snatch?
Or did you not get the memo that Holla Forums is JoJo territory now?

Its also nice because Jojo tends to stick only to already desolate threads. Its like a Hermit Crab, Repurposing a empty shell.

/a/ is like a waling tumor.

Not until it gets good again (if it ever was). A Majority of anime is absolute shit. Still when it's good it's generally better than western shit in my opinion.

DC already cancelled Batman 66 for not being Dark enough.

Too bad it's fucking doormat

Truly, the ramblings of a madman.

imgur.com/gallery/R7UDF
Sorry it's not the original coloring

I'm excited for this. You nasally voiced fucks just hate anything new

Will they show Barabara tits? Or will they be such cowards?

look at this 3 anime expert

lol, are there no one but normalfaggots on Holla Forums after all?

are you oshiri hurt your entire medium is a sjws controlled shit for 12 yo?

Yeah, that sucks.

Also, don't think I've given Brian Bolland's art enough love over the years. TDK looks kinda weird without it.

Why do they continue cheaping out on these animations? Why not hire a studio that can actually make this shit look good instead of like an extended episode of Young Justice?

Most people here watched about 4 animes, most likely including Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, at least one series that's about an overly-edgy Coldsteel-the-Hedgehog-level MC fighting "true evil", and at least one overly sexualized series that tries to be deep, but fails miserably.
They proceed to judge the entirety of animation in japan based on those 4 series, and refuse to acknowledge the existence of anything else.

To be honest, that's kind of the problem with the "anime" label. People treat it like a genre name, and believe that it defines all traits from character archetypes, through setting, to story structure. While in fact it only defines the country of origin.

To be honest, anime elitism does not help. By claiming that all Japanese animation is superior to everywhere else in the world, you're only strengthening the belief that all anime can be easily simplified to a single set of attributes.

in short
cartoon elitists are dim-witted
anime elitists are dim-witted

In my opinion Anime is as follows:

When its bad, its some of the most wretched shit I have ever seen. When its good, it blows most of everything else I have ever seen out of the water.

Its like instead of 1% being good and 99% being shit, 0.1% is godlike, and 99.9% is so base and primitive.

What were the shows that you found to be godlike? as if I need to ask

Can't disagree, but it's probably because it's much easier for bad anime to get recognition than for bad western animation.
I mean, west has also produced shit like Down and Dirty Duck. There are probably dozens of shitty amateur cartoons made every year, but the lack of active animation market means they have no funding.
On the other hand, Japan reseases a lot of… simply quite average stuff every year. Nothing spectacularly bad or good. I mean, that's exactly what /a/ talks about most of the time. A lot of it could sell just alright in the west, if only westerners got past the nipponophobia.

Ha No. That I put under "Shit I think is liked because its big not because of its own merit". But overall I find discussing EVE nearly impossible because opinions about it are so scattershot. Its like discussing a Kolidascope. No one interpretation is the same for another person which just speaks to my understanding of its weak structure and lack of coherency. However I would put it under the "Genuinely Tried" 9.9% of anime rather than the other 90% of pure shit.

Just about anything made by Satoshi Kon from the uplifting Tokeo Godfathers to the profound but deeply human Paranoia Agent. Really love those things.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brohood is a great example of a awesome action show with a solid action plot and story with no bullshit powerups and shit. With actual fight scenes.

Miazaki is cliche, but he really does nail down character expressions and animation even if I am not an environmentalist like him.

And every once in a while somebody recommends me a good Anime that I just haven't heard of. Im always willing to see new shit.

Im not saying necessarily ALL of the above are "God Tier" but they definitely have something thats good on all aspects.

But Im a guy who doesn't watch too many anime, so maybe what I mentioned above only scratches the surface of even better anime (And even worse ones).

My point being its "Average" is nearly unwatchable for me. Im a guy that loves new things and most anime seems to be very stock. I may be wrong and would be super happy to be wrong.

I mean, I don't LIKE disliking things. If somebody just revealed to me a entire dimension of golden anime, then Id be happy.

It's not just how choppy the animation is, the lip-syncing is just awful. The only really good piece of lip movement in that trailer is "One Bad Day", and it's not amazing or anything.

The scenes with Joker in heavy shadow also clash with the more standard 'Young Justice' look it's got going on. More of that kind of look for this movie would have been better. Right now, it just looks very flat when not doing that kind of look.

Mark Hamill also seems really 'off' in this trailer, but that's probably just me.

I really have an issue with that series.
I agree that it's rather well written, and the plot is interesting… but a lot of the lore seems forcefully "weird" - like in Evangelion. On top of that, almost every attempt at humor is just abysmal, and makes me cringe.

Off the top of my head, here are some things that I would recommend in the spirit of "Loving new things":
Last exile is an anime that takes place in a world that is a bizarre mix of many european cultures, with a dose of steampunk illuminati mixed in. A lot of it is pretty much the exact definition of "it makes no sense, but in freaking cool".
Psycho-Pass is a show about a police squad in a futuristic dysutopia, where everybody is happy because an overlord AI predicts the best path of life you could take. It opposition to what you would normally expect, the characters actually protect the system, instead of plotting to overthrow it.
Ping Pong is an anime about a group of ping pong players. They play ping pong. Really, honestly, there is nothing more to it. They don't save the world. They don't fight aliens. They play table tennis and are good at it. That's all.

Can anyone name one anime that's actually funny? I can't.

Cory in the House

Eh, I like the lore ( but the humor is indeed shit. As is most Japanese Humor that I have seen so I attribute it to culture.

Oh fuck off. That show took 12 years to make, and its script was found in the inside of Jeffersons tomb. Not every anime can afford that level of fucking budget and skill, and I hate it when people compare anything to that show. Its like saying "God is perfect, why can't you be?"

Sure I may check it out
That felt more under "Shit that sounded "deep" but made increasingly less sense" and then became just stupid. I put it under the "It tried" category for at least the half a season that I saw.

Its a thing with an amazing concept, but just doesn't go into it nearly, or well enough.

I may check that shit out.

Culture is one thing, while the most repeated joke throughout the whole series being "the main character is show and gets angry about it" is something else entirely

(checked)
I agree. I could barely even tell it was him at the "Why aren't you laughing?" line.

Again, joke repetition to the extreme is a Japanese thing:

"You accidentally grabbed my boobs, *Angryface"

JESUS

Nichibros

Why can't people that watch Japanese cartoons stay in their own board?

Is it because only the most pathetic of people watch it, and even the most beta of races japs look down on kids that watch anime?

Almost as if the japs are all incredibly serious people who can't truly appreciate a joke

Nichijou
Cromartie High School

Isn't the choppy animation due to the "dramatic" slow motion for the trailer? That's the first thing I thought.

JUST

You're right about them digitally adding slowmotion in the trailer.

There's a post+ option in the filter for a reason.
Ignore them completely, don't even speak about them and they'll fuck right off after they've made whatever little shitpost they came here to make.
It's literally the only thing you can do about it anyway, other than reporting them, which does jack shit half of the time.

Nichijou and Panty and Stocking are actually two of the only anime I could actually tolerate.

They're really good, the flow is smooth as butter and doesn't take itself too seriously.

This entire site, the site it's based on, as every other chan is created by and for us p/a/tricians.

We allowed you to have your none weeb ghetto, never forget ;^)

It is. Anime cliches are the worst things on the fucking planet

I quite liked FMAs humour. It did it better than most though anime humour on avarage is the most unfunny cliche shit.

You have be a pretty big loser and a retard to watch anime.

/a/ on 8ch has less pph and active users than even Holla Forums

Combine the two and you got the retards leaving their board to cry for attention, because they're just sad like that.

ikr, if he saw more anime he'd know all anime is shit

Not if he only watched good anime.

I guess that's because the way it's edited. In the novel, he says "You're going mad" in a totally different scene than is being shown.

I came to laugh at pathetic fools who waste their energy wallowing in sjwshit and steven universe clones

I really want to show my little bro this since he loves the batman comics, has been watching BTAS with me, and when i was his age i read killing joke too.

What the fuck is with all the anime shitposting? Did Holla Forums fuck off with trying to get Holla Forums and Holla Forums to fight and decided to switch tactics?

Cromartie was great. Absurdism humor without actually getting lolrandum retarded about it. One of the few Japanese works I would describe as "wry."

I liked the One-Punch Man anime and am considering continuing with the manga. Not sure if they'll be making any more episodes later.

As for more serious animes, my favorites will always be Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Samurai Champloo and Space Dandy were also great watches.

And I enjoyed that one anime about the guy trying to save a magical theme park from being shut down. It was nice having a protagonist who wasn't a spineless bitch.

This is what I was thinking too, they also had the joker talking in the cell with batman, and unless they've decided to bastardize the killing joke, that won't happen.

lets be real SJW's control the western wing of weeb shit or are at least trying

Holla Forumstards are so stupid it stopped being funny a long time ago

He's not wrong. Especially the amateur voice actors, dear god. Nyanners or whatever is the ringleader of that bullshit

They can try all they like. Until they get fansubs removed from the internet, they aren't going to control anything

what if they start controlling the Japanese lessons to prevent us from subbing our animoos?

most of subbing groups dies when horriblesubs happened. why bother fansubbing when you can download fresh stream rip with subtitles already ready to deploy on torrent sites?

the tricky part will be when they'll finally cut out that shit and reach their hands for money. just like Fakku

Friendly reminder that Funimation is owned by Rick Santorum.

Are we getting Barbs naked pictures?

This is straight to video quality.

I don't remember the animation from the first sneak peeks we saw being quite this bad.

I'm betting on this particular footage not being finished or polished, yet. May be best to wait and see on this.

But most of their other direct-to-video movies have had quality animation, excluding the ones done in the nu52 style like Justice League: War and Justice League vs Teen Titans.

It's probably just the editing.

Well shit.

What kind of retard are you?

No they haven't. Most of their animation has been shit tier to passable at best and that's even before you get into the area of certain artists' styles (Michael Turner comes to mind) not working well for animation at all.

Warners do this stuff on the cheap and it shows.

Well, at least we'll be getting the classic voices of Batman and Joker delivering all the iconic dialogue.

Maybe I'll get off my ass and edit their dialogue into the comic and upload it to youtube when I get my hands on a torrent. That'd probably be better than this.

That's because it's DC Entertainment. They produce nothing but low quality shit.

Honestly, I think Mike Tyson Mysterious has a bigger budget than DC Animation.

Well, Gordon still gets raped by midgets

Daily reminder that anime is superior

Daily reminder that anime is superior

Daily reminder that anime is superior to your kiddie crap

It's like I'm really back in 2008.

Cry more.

go outside once in a while, you melodramatic ass.

That's the definition of "mediocre"
Could be better, could be worse.

Go back to spot number eleven on the board list you fags
>>>/a/

That's the definition of "mediocre"
Could be better, could be worse.

Their thread was deleted and the $10 circlejerks are trying to shit up other threads with this low energy trolling.

They've been pulling this shit on /a/ too. It's just a weak ass d&c troll trying to get a bunch of boards to hate each other.

Daily lives of highschool boys

WE GET IT

I love how posts like this never get any attempts at rebuttals, or even flaccid ad homein.

Stay salty Holla Forumscksuckers, the western animation and comics industries are dead and feminism killed them.

Maybe no one answered because anyone with more than three working brain cells realizes Holla Forums isn't one person.