Ad clicker sites and Virtual Machines

Dearest Holla Forums,

I had an idea today and i'd like you guys to tell me if it's even possible.

You know those "paid to click" ad sites where you watch ads and get paid like $0.01 cent per ad?

Well what if, WHAT IF, you ran multiple virtual machines on a single computer, and programmed ALL of them to farm an Ad clicker site? If it's possible, you'd make like 50 cents per ad, or $1 a minute, or $60 dollars an hour!

Please, Holla Forums, explain to me why or why not my get-rich-quick scheme would work.

I'd say it wouldn't work but I had a friend that did this a long time ago and made a few hundred dollars.

So you'd run loads of virtual machines on the same computer? All the traffic would go through your IP, they'd pick up on that very quickly.
I remember reading this thing on 4/b/ ages ago, where they all had ad-enabled blogs set up and would click each other's links. No idea if that's still a thing though, so you'll have to look that up yourself

So you'd run loads of virtual machines on the same computer? All the traffic would go through your IP, they'd pick up on that very quickly.
I remember reading this thing on 4/b/ ages ago, where they all had ad-enabled blogs set up and would click each other's links. No idea if that's still a thing though, so you'll have to look that up yourself

Sorry if this doubleposts

Because anti-fraud is smarter than you. Get a botnet and then come back.

You'd go over the clicks-per-IP fraud threshold in less than a day.

You'd go over the clicks-per-IP fraud threshold in less than a day.

fucking alacrity daemon

"A few million requests from the same IP address? Seems legit, looks like we gotta pay up boys"

If you had the money to give those VMs the unique global IPv4 addresses they'd need to dodge the most rudimentary cheat detection, you wouldn't need that kind of site in the first place.

virtual machine is unnecessary, look up Selenium.

About a million guys had this idea before you. It's why anti-fraud is so robust it often ends up cheating webmasters of legit money. As for making money on this idea, even the blackhats who do it right only make a few bucks a week. If you're 12 that might seem like good money for the effort, but it's not. Same effort in almost anything would yield more. Also you're going to hurt your reputation for the rest of your life. Google doesn't forgive or forget. Just trust me. I was you back in the day.

OP here. Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad I didn't waste my time on this idea.

Like, what if, instead of these get rich quick nigger tier schemes, we put that energy into building factories.

you need a botnet for this kind of thing to work.

What if you ran a vpn through each virtual machine?

Holy shit I remember that too.
Time sure does fly when you're spending it on the internet

Holy shit I remember that too.
Time sure does fly when you're spending it on the internet

Holla Forums had the right idea: just getting other people to effortlessly click your stuff. You could also use other people's machines, machines on display in stores, libraries, your phone, etc. There's forums dedicated to Indians clicking each other's shitty blogs for cash.

Adsense might detect non-residential Ips, so renting a bunch of dedis/VPSes might get your account removed.

Honestly, it's a waste of time if you ask me. You might as well spend that time doing something you like and get a real job. If you already host a website that you enjoyed making, you can make an ad version of it.

Going off-topic maybe, but I'm sure I've read somewhere (wish I could remember) that adverts are the biggest attack vector for consumer-level security exploits. I dismissed this as a half-assed meme at the time, but the more I think about it...

you should check this website out, you won't be rich overnight, but you can pull 100-150 a month per IP address with these bots

rogue-labs.net

Maybe I'm just retarded but couldn't you just reset your router every once in a while to circumvent this?

You're just fucking retarded.

Better idea: get a job.

Good to know