Cartoon tries to be badass with ominous soundtrack, choirs, lightning and action

WHATS HER NAME, Holla Forums?

the PPG reboot

the samurai jack reboot

Danielle is her name.

Also, watching this reminds me how nice of a power set Danny had.

I have trouble deciding who was the worse supporting character - the meme nigger or the goth jew.

Goth jew by far. Tucker could grate on me, but I didn't want to punch him in the face everytime he talked.

Hartman's animation style was just not meant for action cartoons

Hartman might be best left to a consulting and advisory position. Let him toss out ideas and pitch in with the scripts, but don't let him write and for fuck's sake, don't let him design the characters.

I'd power her set, if you know what I mean.

I'd say it's not meant for anything more serious than Fairly Odd Parents. Like, even if I were to picture his style in any of the more relatively grounded slice-of-life type of series, I don't picture good results.

DeeDee ruined everything.

Why do people here sperge out about the art-style not being super-cereal and then praise Tartakovsky's style?

Fluidity I guess Hartmans art style just feels to me at least dead and lifeless

Yeah, Hartman style is just way to stiff.

Basically everything on Cartoonnetwork.

If it helps, I like neither. They're both too big on the flat, geometric heavily stylized volumes for my tastes.

With that said though, Tartakovsky's style at least worked better for action in Samurai Jack than Harman's style in Danny Phantom. If nothing else, he did a better job on the motion, better lines of action, that sort of thing. Never liked the actual designs one bit, but the movement and directing was solid. So… I guess you could say, Samurai Jack would be great in my book if it were simply rotoscoped over with relatively more detailed, less geometric character designs. (And the backgrounds were given a similar treatment.) Danny Phantom, on the other hand, would need everything changed.

…Wait, I'd still be kinda bothered by how Jack could only use his sword on robots though.

i forgot jack was voiced by Hermes from futurama

Tartakovsky's style could still be dynamic and varied. Everything about Hartman's style is so painfully limited that he's been recycling designs, poses, and expressions for damned-near 20 years.

Aku kinda bothered me. He was too much of a generically degenerate villain who wanted to rule a degenerate world.

I always preferred Raven to Cyborg myself

After Jack kills Aku it's going to erase everyone he ever met in the future from existence, right?

well yeah. he is literally evil incarnate. if wouldn't make sense for him to be anything other than irredeemable filth.

Oh wow holy shit Vlad's scene just screams of: "Please notice me, I want to be a Hollywood movie like my big brothers"

well, in the comics jack decided to stay in the future and fight aku before going back in time

She may be borderline SJW but I'd wreck it like Ralph

Thanks Obama!

But that's part of the appeal. He's ridiculously evil so that you love to hate him. Remember the episode where he was trying to convince the children he was great? That's Aku in a nutshell.

Helps that he can alternate between being a goofy villain and a rather serious one. He's already well past being in the seat of his power, he's got room to dick around now.

you do realize the reason Hartman picked that style is because he was a drawfag in one of Tartakikesky's shows?

Dexter's Lab

I can see the similarities to the DL style but come to think of it Hartmann's style for FOP/DP/whatever comes across as… I guess "flatter" than the DL style. They're roughly the same thing but DL's style looks like it has a better grasp of dimension than Hartmann's and isn't quite so facially/proportionally bland with its characters.

That's because DL has more varied character designs and more expressive poses.
Everyone looks mostly the same and don't really exaggerate their poses in Hartmann's shit.

It's all about the execution. Tartakovsky's style has a ton of good stylish compositon.

Danny Phantom had a couple moments, even though future-Danny that merged with Vlad's ghost-half in that movie was pure edgelord I quite liked him.

That's a good point, most every character had their own unique anatomy and poses, along with facial structure unless they were explicitly related. Kids in FOP (and fairies most of the time) share flat-out identical body structure and proportions along with general facial structure, and the same goes for teens and young-adults (ie Chip Skylark and Vicky having the same general proportions and facial structure), while adults are more varied but still suffer from similar facial structure unless they're outliers like the Crockers.

Danny Phantom's a bit all over the place with that, like Danny's head only needing a hat, buck teeth and a brown bucket-tool to be redrawn as a Timmy head.