So I've been reading some Power Girl lately

so I've been reading some Power Girl lately.
and in almost every issue, they joke around about her outfit and how it's ridiculous because tits.

don't get me wrong. even as a woman, I can still totally understand the appeal of a large chest.
but the joke of "lol why would you wear this haha" is really getting kinda old.

so either get rid of the costume, or just get over the fact that it's ridiculous and stop pointing it out every 2 seconds.
because right now, Power Girl is basically just a meme character.

But user, that would mean cuck writers have to actually WRITE!

Please marry me.

Wasn't Power Girl the one where the original artist kept drawing her tits bigger and bigger every issue, thinking that his editors would eventually point it out only for them to never, ever notice?

wow. really?
that's funny.
also kinda weird, since they're trying to push her with all that Halrey x Power Girl shit.

It might not be Power Girl, it might be somebody else I'm thinking of. But it's definitely something that happened.

actually don't know much about DC writers besides that Max Landis faggot.
do they just hire flavor-of-the-month writers or do they still have actually good household writers?
I've heard about a so called Mr. Dildo firing about of people.

actually don't know much about DC writers besides that Max Landis faggot.
do they just hire flavor-of-the-month writers or do they still have actually good household writers?
I've heard about a so called Mr. Dildo firing about of people..

tits or gtfo

DC writers keep jumping from title to title that everything feels the same.

nice mem

She never had much going for her aside from her being Earth-2 Supergirl. As shit Earth-2 might be now, it's probably the best place for her.

There have been a few times when Power Girl had a non boob window costume.

I mean, I don't know the details, because without the boob window nobody has any reason ever to read the comic, but it did happen.

a man who has touched boobs more than a dozen times could do this.
that's why no dc writer ever has

It was Power Girl. She was originally she an alternative Supergirl, but the artist kept making her tits bigger and bigger and people liked that way.

Power Girl exists for the sake of humorous fanservice. That's why they will always find some way to joke about her humongous tits and have her be naked in front of others.

It's a gag and a fetish where Power Girl is constantly put in a situation where her tits and her body (including her tits) are exposed leaving her embarrassed and shameful.

this is the best way to acquire a wife, for those wondering

Yes PG is pretty much treated as a joke character and the most popular one note joke is "lol costume amirite?".
Kate Beaton recently complained about Dagger's costume for similar reasons.
Really just the freshest of criticisms that shows off her comedic chops.

The two ways I can see PG used well would be a book with crude crude humor or just down right smut.
Problem is nobody really allows either of those outside manga.
All you can expect from cape comics in this day and age is lukewarm action adventure.
>Heroes are role models bla bla bla, we'd write things that challenge social norms but then we'd piss people off with our problematic and triggering content.

Power Girl is a joke character but the humor is more about her body then costume or then her slutness.

Call of duty

Advanced Warfare

X BOX ONE

Maybe I'm reading a different one but the PG I remember reading was a hip lawyer that had troubles balancing her normal life with superheroing.

Though I admit that shit where she teams up with Harley was fucking appalling.

I mean…why Harley Quinn? Shouldn't Harley be warming up to Mister J or something?

Wait, is that Zeronis art?

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?

For some reason they're trying to make her a solo character, and have been for years.

The only Power Girl I like is in 2009, in her and Terra's own series.
Despite her remarkable physique or abilities, it was her extraordinary ordinariness that was her most charming feature. She's a superhero who goofed up and got someone in the background killed, who was never too far from compassion for the villain-of-the-day, and whose juggling act involved more than her world saving company or world saving heroics, but also that ordinary business of being an attractive woman who lives alone in the city with her cat.

I didn't like how nu-harley did the joke with the outright 'stripper' comment, and old power girl was pretty obnoxious or as they say these days, 'empowered'

pg might have a shoddy origin story, or repeatedly poorly received canon costume explanations, but i don't think there's anything wrong with her (2009) character. I don't really understand the appeal of those r34 comics that heavily modifies body proportions or bimbofies character to the point it is no longer that character. To do this canonically strikes me as absurd.

I'm not even sure if her body, character or costume could or should be considered the joke. Perhaps I've suspended reality for some entertainment, but having something to tease a kryptonian bombshell ceo about is perhaps the least ridiculous and most endearing thing about her

to be fair, the Little Black Book series they're doing is pretty fun

It's the current years, my friends: we can't have characters that promote PROBLEMATIC ABUSIVE relationships. Everything has to be "empowering" or cute/safe, fuck if it's not interesting.

I always liked Power Girl for being more down-to-earth than other superheroes. Little angst, realistic kind of person, not full of themselves like Superman, Wonder Woman, or Batman.

The occasionally boobies joke is nice too but seriously only a (man)child would keep pointing and yelling "BOOBIES!" every 12 seconds.

She wouldn't really mesh too well with New 52 joker that literally wears people's chopped off faces as masks.
DC is probably trying to find their own version of Deadpool, and they decided that Harely fit the bill best. Which is pretty irritating, considering that they already had Lobo, but decided to get him killed by "the real Lobo" who is a faggy bad-boy.

Is that the real Lobo? Is he back?

näh.
depending on the writer, she still has some sex appeal and might even crack some dirty jokes

The fact that they've been trying so hard to make Harley fucking Quinn a big DC villain is terribly embarrassing.

She was never an exceedingly interesting character and she had no powers, no training, and nothing going for her except for the fact that she was entertaining in Batman the animated series.

Now they've reinvented her as this super villainess supreme who can not only fight toe to toe with the A-listers, but she's also super smart, a mastermind planner, and so lucky that she never has to deal with the consequences for anything she does.

At least in BTAS she was still a normal girl when she stripped off the costume, if a bit unhinged.

And it's not like they didn't have other interesting and complex super villainesses to reinvent.

It's really fucking sad that Qwenppol is a better Harley Quinn comic than the one DC's actually putting out.

Gwenpool's shit. That's not saying very much

It is shit, and it is still better.

I think that's the point he's making.

Even a god awful piece of shit character is better than NuHarley Quinn.

But Nu-Harley Quinn sells as much as Deadpool. She's one of the biggest sellers in the business.

I think it's case of nobody actually knowing what to do with her except Dini and Timm.

did someone say bigboobs comics?

in my face, you silly whore

Is this what inspired Big Dick Problems?

OH JEEZ

Yes it did.

Honestly made me kek

How to fix Power Girl while giving her cheesecake aesthetic contextual realism

Its not that hard. I came up with that shit in less than 5 minutes, why cant DC step it up jesus.

Or maybe just "Hey, if ya got 'em, flaunt 'em!"

There's nothing wrong with Power Girl. WHAT THE FUCK?

She's hot, she has a iconic and hot costume, there several visual gags about her big boobs and hot body, she loves her hot body, she's charismatic, she's constantly getting nude, she loves men.

She's the least problematic character in DC.

Friendly reminder it's canon that Power Girl think Farts are funny. And she probably give a Dutch oven if you snuggle with her

Don't forget the worst part; she's not real.

eh.jpg

don't make me google power girl fart, gimme the page

dunno why people need an explanation. i'd shrug it off as kryptonian culture.

I'm surprised to see any of her books above the 50k mark, honestly.

I think a lot of the problems with her character started with the Arkham video games where they reinvented her as a Hot Topic reject and also started forcing in the idea that she's a super genius.

As a Kryptonian, she apparently draws all of her power from Earth's yellow sun.

Doesn't explain why Supes stays completely covered, but.. something something kryptonian fabrics.

That last panel is just begging to have a cock shopped into her hand, especially with the one eye closed.

I only played the first two Arkham games, but she was portrayed as an idiot in those.

It's a bit ironic that feminists want to condemn Power Girl based on her physical appearance and want to control what she's allowed to wear.

She's an attractive young woman with enormous tits, and is quite happy to share them with the world. It's clearly what she as a character wants, so why should they have a right to take away her freedom to look and dress however she chooses?

They can't fall back on saying that her choices as a character aren't relevant since she's not real, because these are the same people who want sex with dolls and robots to be treated as rape because they think women's rights should apply equally to inanimate objects based on their resemblance to women.

News at 11

As long as the crude humor isn't toilet humor, sounds good to me. Like, comedic stuff with actual nudity instead of just implied.

She was a Joker's toy that was loyal to the fault, and was not bright at all. Biggest and pretty much only change was her costume.

Harley Quinn's very existence is superflous. The Joker doesn't need a sidekick. They tried in the 60's with Gaggy and that failed.

Timm and Dini created Harley Quinn so they didn't have to write The Joker as funny. When things didn't turn out that way, with Mark Hamill and other writers bringing more humor to the Joker, Harley became moot, reduced to a pin-up for Dini to salivate over. When Batman the Brave and the Bold came out, which did away with Harley Quinn entirely, the character of the Joker suffered no determent and actually improved without her.

The truth is, Harley Quinn is nothing more than a cheesecake character. She has no gimmicks, personality, or character outside of being a sexy thing to look at. No matter how many shallow trappings they put on her, it'll never change the fact she's a piss-poor Joker rip-off with tits.

Or you can simply turn that around if they try to use that argument. What the hell do they care how an imaginary character dresses like if it doesnt matter?

Thing is, Harley did have personality and character to her in the Animated Series. She was the dumb, naive fangirl of a blonde, which contrasted nicely to Joker and his sinister side and cunning. It was an abusive and manipulative relationship which made it interesting. Of course you cant have that anymore when DC and Marvel are catering to SJWs, Joker manipulating Harley and Harley being not very intelligent would make the Tumblr cry.

Comedy-wise she was the naive dumb sidekick, while Joker was more like an evil clown with a sense of humor. Harley was a bit like Laurel to Joker's Hardy in a way. Nowadays theyre trying to turn her into another Deadpool which doesnt fit her character at all.

But the most problematic for tumblr landwhales and their enablers.

Yeah, Harley is totally worthless. All she does is make Joker a worse character.

Thanks nigga I was looking for that webm.

**mp4

>She's an attractive young woman with enormous tits

That's the reason why the tumblrtards engage in their earshattering whalesong to condem her.
She can have big tits like them, as long as they're not attractive, since theirs aren't either-
If PG were some 400 pound heavy monstrosity with big tits that sees herself as attractive, they wouldn't bat a fattrenched lid against her.
But becasue she is drawn in an actually attractive way, she's not allowed to exists.

to be fair, insofar as giant boobs exist, they're usually the result of being fat. I realize that male superheros are also drawn in an unrealistic way, but Power Girl is somewhat absurd in body proportion specifically for the reason of being attractive.

Boobs

What do you know about boobs

TITS WITH FUCKING TIMESTAMP, AND I MEAN NO 'SUP Holla Forums' OR A GOOGLE PIC
TITS OR GTFO

And then you make the pendant phallic, and let it slip between her cleavage. Perhaps have it activated via rubbing…

Something, something, something, bodily fluids.

Hello Kojima

It's funny how much Tumblr loves Harley when she's supposed to be a dumb slut who's stupid enough to get fooled by the Joker into doing whatever he says, no matter how farfetched it is.
Granted, now she barely seems to have any ties to the Joker and just travels the country being in lesbians with Poison Ivy, so I guess that's why.

We need a hero based upon ancient Minoan culture.

Ancient Minoans were rather feminist, so they appeal to SJWs, but they were also first civilized Europeans, thus having appeal with Holla Forums.

she could just wear, like, a sweater vest

Would be a great addition to the Ambiguously Gay Duo shorts.

Gwenpool isn't even bad, I've only read the first issue but it's not like hellcat or squirrel girl at all.

What the fuck?

It's because she's "fun" and "wacky"

I don't get it. Power Girls most offensive subject is her cleavage.
Yet we have heroes who were/are wife beaters to terrible parents and don't even get half the flack power girl getd just for having a nice size rack.

Was I supposed to laugh at this?

she's set up to think that just because she's in a comic book she can rule of cool her way through. She forgot that NPCs are expendable and there will always be villains

besides, it's written by Chris Hastings, and like him or hate him, you can always count on him escalating shit in crazy ways

is she like Deadpool? does she regenerate or something?

What's a good Power Girl run to read?

wait so the pillar men were minoans?

That was from SNL, it was… something, altought the death and retirement of the funny guys their cartoons were watchable.
How the mighty had fallen

Not at all, she's actually a normal girl from our world relying on Fourth Wall protection.

Gray and Palmiotti's Power Trip and PG's JSA Classified mini seem to be considered the only stories worth reading.

Because Leftists hate white, Christian, heterosexual men.

This extends to anything and everything we like and enjoy, including our sexuality.

Once you absorb this lesson everything they do starts to make sense.

user, don't you know anything? Sjw's who write all the comics now aren't creative, dropping the boob window meme means they're obligated to actually fill it with soemthing

I'd like to fill it with something

Oh jeeze my cock