So I had an idea, recently, and I wanted to share it with you

So I had an idea, recently, and I wanted to share it with you.

What if we had the equivalent of netflix for comics?

A site where you would pay a less than 10 $ monthly fee, and you could read all of your favorite comics online, without any form of limitation. And not only capeshit, but also franco-belgian stuff, classics like asterix, spirou, tintin, largo winch, blueberry, XIII… The newer cool releases, like Tyler Cross, Blacksad and the rest… A place that would centralize marvel, DC, image, dynamite, glénat, dargaud…

Would you suscribe? I don't know about you but I can't afford buying comics, even though I would love to lock at my books and see the complete collection of Corto maltese or Thorgal, but that shit just costs too much for me. So an online version would actually be perfect for me, I could read these comics without ruining myself.

What do you think? Is it a good idea? Would it work? Discuss!

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.com/
readcomiconline.me/
kissmanga.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's called a torrent site

Torrents don't have eveything, and there are artists I genuinely like and want to give support to. I would love to be able to buy the stuff i read on torrents, and give the authors some money, but I can't. And like netflix vs. torrent, it would be less of a hassle to use this site.

Sure, it's a good idea.
If only you were a rich guy who liked cartoons
who could make it happen.

They already did this and it was a failure.

mmm… details because we're lazy?

It's not a question of "who would use it?" or "is it a good idea?", but "who would pay for it?". No sane entrepreneur would acquiesce to something like that, because it'd necessitate paying publishers and creators for the privilege to host their comics. Even Netflix and its competitors have to pay that toll. And if the big publishers don't buy in, it's dead on arrival because nobody is going to pay for the ability to read comics they've never heard of.

Anybody with the balls and the dosh to try would probably be operating at a loss, so they certainly couldn't charge a rate as low as ten bucks.

And really, if you're poor/cheap to use something like Comixology, who's fault is that?

I don't think you could ever convince the big hitters to share a service. They'd all want their own.
Plus, this site already exists readcomiconline.com/

Would a better comparison be Spotify, which seemingly has 90% of music?

This is already a thing and it's free to the public! Just hop on down to your local library you filthy degenerate! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

First we need actual talent making comics. You know, like Netflix?

It would cost a lot and be publisher specific.
They would most likely still run ads in them despite being digital.

Lets take DC for example.
They publish about 20 mainline comics every week.
Those rags are sold for $4 each so that is over a $320 a month value in their rat fink eyes.
But
But are we talking old out of print shit too?
If you wait a month are you still able to read everything published last month for the same price?

Putting it in this perspective I can barely see how the industry is still alive.

I treat comics like the scam that they commonly are.
Crosspollinating rags, riddled with ads that draw from decades of continuity and try and tell me it isn't important or required knowledge when many times it absolutely is.
When I feel morbidly curious I hit up KAT.
Tried reading Marvel's drek but it was all above and beyond terrible with pandering to SJWs.
Image is just one edgy SJW pandering comic after another.
So I find DC Week whatever and get everything.
I burn though a bunch and ask myself if it even deserved my TIME and the answer is no, but it is about as close to a waste of time that I have as friends who play MOBAs.
They tell me the same story of
and I tell them something like

And that's why I've never, ever gone digital.

I'll stick with the Holla Forums preferred method of getting my comics, thank you very much. Also, the scans are infinitely superior to the collected editions.

Damn, barring its economical model, comixology is almost exactly what I had in mind!

It's pay per book instead of a monthly fee, but it looks great!

Libraries don't have everything, and they don't always update their catalog often.

Well I agree capeshit can be pretty horribly written and drawn, depending on the artists. That's why I also wanted to include classic european comics, not only supes.

What exactly is Comixology and how does it work?

It's basically Steam for comics.

Ain't that the fucking truth. The recolors are horrible. With the older comics, it's like they fucking ran it through the stamp filter instead of properly cleaning the line work.

Sounds cool.
So it's not too different from what OP is requesting.

readcomicsonline.me

readcomiconline.me/
kissmanga.com/

as kisscartoon/kissanime are to animation archival, these are to comics