Directors Who's Debut Film is Best Film

1) Frank Darabont - The Shawshank Redemption.
Debut effort a classic. I think The Mist is underrated and his bringing Walking Dead to the small-screen are other career highlights.

2) The Wachowski Bros. - The Matrix was a phenomenon and one of the best Gnostic films ever made. All downhill from there. Plagerized?

3) M. Night Shamalangabingbong - The Sixth Sense.
I enjoy Unbreakable, but this debut effort is his best.

What say you Holla Forums? Anyone else make on this list?

you didn't like the green mile or v for vendetta?

The Matrix wasn't even that good, it just came out at the right time.

Shayamalan is pretty good though, haven't seen the 6th sense though.

The thread is their debut film has classic status. Darabont and the Sisters fit the bill. Green Mile is nowhere near Shawshank and Vendetta is fine.

Wachowskis debut film was "Bound." Your other examples are probably wrong too.

what fun is a thread if i can't derail it?

Fine, Christ. You have me on Bound smartass. My other examples are probably right.

it depends on what we're considering a debut film. technically, darabont directed two films before shawshank, but one was a short film and the other was a tv film.

Gerald McMorrow

sAGE

Shawshank Redemption is shite and was justifyable ripped apart when it premiered. It's only proto-reddit-faggots afterwards who made it achieve it status as a good movie, mostly because they like the black cuck Morgan Freeman.

Bound was like a sign of things to come. It's tarantino-esque and if that wasn't cancer enough, it's like pulp fiction but with dykes. The warning signs were there but no one listened.

You can see the twist coming a mile away but it was still a great film.

Fictional lesbians are hot, bro.

What's your native language, OP?

The Matrix might have been plagiarized from Grant Morrison's "The Invisibles," but that was copied from the Illuminatus! trilogy and VALIS, so fair's fair.

He's an ugly old degenerate ape.

Whom millenials have some weird fucking grandpa-relationship with, like he's wise or something when all he does is speaks and acts in an old-man's voice. Fucking retards.

The Wachowski Tranny's first film was Bound, some lesbo degenerate shit.
They had a hit with the Matrix mostly because it rips off GiTS and a handful of other properties, everything else they've done is shit.

Sixth Sense is overrated and riddled with plot holes when the tweest comes into play, so Shamalamama has been shit the entire time too.

Haven't seen anything else from Darabont aside from The Mist which was meh.

Unbreakable was his only good film tbh

No thanks.