Dredd

This was literally the only capeshit movie that I wanted more of after it ended.

not every comic book movie is capeshit, user.

i'm not sure how to classify this, other than comicshit i guess.

user, please.

it was the sequel

Yeah, the correct term is comicshit, you indomitable fool

You mean the scene where he imagined himself raping the white chick and was punished quite seriously for even THINKING about fucking a white chick that he was psychically raped starting with him having his dick bitten off and then his mind flooded with images of horror that left him in the fetal position pissing his pants?

That was pretty good.

Thanks for letting us know what your triggers are, user.

Karl Urban was pretty good in it.

Even the literally who blondie was pretty good in it.

Only Lena Headey was kinda shit in it.

LENA HEADEY HAS NEVER BEEN SHIT IN ANYTHING

EVER

FUCK YOU

It was a complete disaster in the boxoffice and only eventually broke even in homevideo.

Sequel never ever.

The Stallone one was better

Stallone was barely as Dredd in it

Have you seen The Darkest Hour?

Ten years in the Iso-Cube, creep.

Shut up you racists. If you'll recall dredd's superior was a black woman.

There's none of that white supremacy crap in mega city.

He clearly calls the Chief Justice "sir", so stop misgendering Dredd's boss.

learn to appreciate good things that ended while they were good.

Better than side character Dredd.

You guys do realize that "Dredd" came out only four years ago, right?

I don't think Dredd has ever been in any way racist or otherwise. The comics were built around the idea of a melting pot empire collapsing.

Sure, but directors have all but traded creativity in for propaganda. I for one do not want them casting Dredd as a woman of color with a one sided anti-police brutality message stretched throughout a two hour long film.

You can tell how hard it was putting together a 2 minute clip out of what few Dredd scenes are in the movie.

But the current Dredd movie was reactionary as fuck and pro-authoritarian policing. Sure it had a woman in it who beat some people up, but the implied values of the movie were that in hard times, the law has to get hard on criminals and drug lords, which isn't exactly a lefty liberal idea.

so, it was realistic?

Actually it is a deconstruction of authoritarianism, as it is shown not to work. The movie doesn't go beyond it being a shit hole and living under a brutal authoritarian construct "because it is necessary" when you are still surrounded by shit isn't appealing to most people.

You are deluded if you think anyone would like the idea of someone like Dredd killing or imprisoning them over retarded shit while they are still surrounded by ruthless criminals.

Dredd has always been a parody.

Then the "deconstruction" completely failed. The system does work. Without the judges, Mega City One would collapse. The writers never show a viable alternative. Because there is none and they know it.

Marxist writers always do that. Paul Verhoeven, Alan Moore, etc, etc. They always try to turn tales of strong heroes into a "deconstruction", "parody", satire, anti-hero or whatever weasel words critics like to use. But they completely fail because heroes are always necessary. Strong men create and maintain civilization.

Civilization is overrated.

That's a shallow interpretation, because it is shown to work in the context of the movie.

Yes, that is true, but it became much of a satire later on. The early comics were much more simple action stories with a ridiculous setting and most of the parody being that it was ridiculous, but the comic and in this case the movie, proves the Judge method correct in the context of that society, since the villains are so fucked up they have to be stopped by those methods.

So in many cases, it is a double-layered parody. It's firstly a parody of overzealous authoritarianism where you'd have commiting suicide be a grievous offense, but then when things get serious, it shows that those methods are necessary because the villains are equally brutal.

It's more multi-faceted than you are making out, and in the case of the movie, it doesn't even really get into the parody or satire, and mostly plays it straight.

It's "Xir" you bigot.

It's funny how Rorschach was actually completely right.

you best be of the jokenings, muh m8e

The fuck are you on, mate? Dredd comics have always made it pretty clear the system is fucked, and simply perpetuates the very evil that it's supposed to stop, and there are like half a dozen stories where Dredd contemplates that being a Judge is shit with no end in sight. No other methods are ever suggested because status quo is God, and the comic would end if Dredd tried to change anything. The most you'll get is Anderson mumbling something about "muh human rights".

Hell, the final shot of Ma-Ma dying literally has her blood form the Judge helmet crest, in case the symbolism wasn't obvious enough.

Statist cucks are hilarious.

The system is fucked because of WW3. Killing bad guys is the only thing preventing anarchy. When the radiation dies down, then they can colonize America and humans can spread out again. Until then, the Judges are the best solution.

That doesn't stop you, user. Tell us your plan on bringing order to MC1. Impress us.

Easy, stop executing and arresting people for dumb shit.

The Dredd comics don't exactly hide the fact that the system is so pants-on-head retarded that they've gone way beyond "killing bad guys" and right down to arresting people for looking at a Judge wrong. Naturally, this doesn't change because reading/watching Dredd be an unapologetic fascist asshole is fun. It's just no so much fun when statist cucks take it as a serious endorsement of a viable system, when it's observably not.

Criminal detected.

You are missing the point friend.

Times have changed, and the people who make these movies have changed. We were lucky Dredd came out when it did because chances are, even if the last Dredd did a good job, the new one would conform to PC culture and spread a one sided message the media has been pushing.

Basically, learn to appreciate what you have and be careful of the monkey's paw.

What are you talking about? The Raid: Redemption did get a sequel.

Nice b8

I thought Dredd was unnecessary, fucking dumb, unmemorable, and an insult to the original.

This user gets it. The original was superior in every way.

You know he straight-up murdered people, don't you? None of them were right, because Alan Moore hates superheroes. If you want a vigilante who's really right, try pic related.

shiggy

You're right user, the batman I posted would never break the joker's neck.

But that one was an insult to the actual source material.

It was an insult yes, but it was actually closer to the source material than The Raid: Dreddemption

Probably why he is the only capeshit writer who ever did anything interesting with them. What else can you do with juvenile reactionary nonsense nonsense except mock it and the mindset that drives it?

I don't get why people like this movie. It's just a Americanized retelling of "The Raid" but instead of cool hand-to-hand fight scenes with interesting choreography and camera work, we get boring, generic shoot 'em up scenes which we were tricked into think are cool because "muh R-rating".

In a way, it was kind of like the Fury Road of 2012. A movie that's dark, brooding, has a lot of action in it and looks nice, so obviously it must be good. I'm sorry but as a self-professed connoisseur of the action genre, this film just doesn't do anything for me.

You what m8

Have you ever read a Judge Dredd comic in your life? It's closer to robocop than anything.

Execution is only for serious crimes. The only dumb law was against sugar.

There was a comic where a guy invented taffy that was so good that the entire city was addicted. But it wasn't a crime, so Dredd couldn't arrest him. Instead he was exiled into space. That was fair.

Found the faggot.

Found the drumpfskin

Are you insane ? Stop sucking stallone's dick.

You do realize the Judge to citizen ratio is very small right? And even in the newest movie, it was remarked that the commieblock the slomo drug was being produced hadn't had a Judge visit in years?

You're a pretentious weeb.

You should read The Dark Knight Returns, Grant Morrison's Animal Man, and the first volume of The Authority.

Say that in a cave fucker and not online and see what happens.

M8…..

That comic was whiny shit written by somebody who hated the fact that someone else had written a comic in which superheroes confront the corrupt world order as well as fighting supervillains.

Worshiped at the altar of juvenile reactionary fantasies
Memes, calling my books magick spells, and drugs will totally make me not a second rate Alan Moore
Flow chart of writing is
1.mix one gruff brit trenchcoat guy who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty
2.sprinkle poorly thought out transhumanism nonsense
3.bake with nobody is actually moral so killing everyone who disagrees with you makes you the hero
4. Amerika sucks
Get almost every Warren Ellis work

the writing was brilliant in this movie. This is my favorite line.