Shit that scared you as a kid

Just what it says on the tin.

The cheapest CGI is always the creepiest

never saw any of the movies but I remember seeing the commercials and getting freaked out.

maybe it's just claymation in general…

Watership Down

Ms. Frizzle is terrifying.

I just wanted to watch a show about cute rabbits.

Me too.

The butterfly close-up from Spongebob

I'M DEAD BEFORE DAWN I'M DEAD BEFORE DAWN!

Creepy Laughing Puppets

Maybe not scared, but there was something about this that deeply bothered me, and I'm not even sure what it was.

Wallace & Gromit movies have their share of some really creepy shit tbh

That shit traumatized me as a kid. Mostly the bit with the rabies, but the tunnel gassing is a close second.

I still can't be alone with pets I don't know well because of that movie

That was a good terminator, tbh.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit and that whole ending with the steam roller going over Christopher Lloyd and everything after that with him. gave me so many nightmares as a kid.

This scene absolutely horrified me as a kid, there are people who say this scene didn't scare them and I think either they have autism or something or were just too old to have had this scare them when it first came out

This was a little unnerving.

This scene…..just this entire scene…..

They used to sell these VHS tapes for children back in the day in my home country.

This whole movie freaked me out as a kid, which is probably why it's my favourite Scooby-Doo movie.

at least you got scared at that transformation instead of getting aroused by it

what's that from?

I actually didn't find that episode (or the show in general) scary or creepy, in fact I would almost nearly piss myself laughing when the loud music started playing.

However the look of this fucking mask haunted me for years. Funny cause I watched the episode first time it aired no problem. Somehow only after the fact I'd get scared shitless at the sight of it.

Reboot season 3. Such a fantastic Evil Dead reference. I also thought he was saying "UNDEAD BEFORE DAWN"

The Emperor of the Night kind of freaked me out as a kid.
Compared to most 80's cartoon villains, he was frighteningly competent.
You have to wonder how many children's souls he stole.

Isn't Holla Forums but I got shit scared by Matrix, when agent smith interrogate Neo and shut down his mouth and implant the bug in his belly.

To keep it Holla Forums maybe would be the black couldron

Is every single user on this board from 'murrica?

En löytäny hyvää videota siitä, olivat poistaneet sen englanninkielisen version tuosta kohtauksesta.

These fucks were my introduction to the zombie apocalypse scenario (funnily, it may very well BE the original zombie apocalypse scenario) and scared the shit out of me as a child. Doesn't help that the Smurfs at one point all got turned, and only won through an unintentional deus ex machina.

That episode where Jenny was getting eaten by the exo-suit
jesus christ I remember that scaring me

My only exposure to Ginga has been that Finnish .swf that's been floating around since at least 2007.

PLÖTS

If you can handle 80's level bad english subs, you can find pretty much the whole thing on youtube.

When I was younger I always hide when this sequence comes up. Mostly because of just how uncomfortable it is. Older I can appreciate it, but it still makes me shudder when the music hits the climax and at full volume at 3:12 and shows shuddering camera movements at a painting even I still consider downright disturbing more than artistic. No matter the age, the uncanny valley will always be fear inducing.

Pretorius scared me a little as a kid, Tim Curry plays him so serious compared to the other villains in the show.

The episode where he wears The Mask and becomes this giant green head on a spider body scared the crap out of me.

That Treehouse of Horror episode where Homer gets sucked into 3-D world

Me three.

The purple goo guy from ghost writer and the scooby dio project promos.

I always thought he was called Brutorius, my brother kept pronouncing it "Bictorius". But then he thought Mr Hat was Mr Head, and that "running around waxo paxo scooby snax" was the actual lyric.

Anyway…
-The 1984/5 "live action" version of Corduroy, he looked like my own teddy bear, so I thought he had "run away" and burst into tears.
-Several of the crashes from Thomas the Tank Engine
-Some of the deaths from Farthing Wood, especially the Butcher Bird in series 2, probably the goriest scene a kids show will ever be allowed to get away with.

This scene.

i want to cum inside babs

I always found this pic of Babs kinda disturbing.

kek

its not that disturbing, just imagine being a doctor and working at a maternity ward, you'd see at least ten of those every week.

Rabbits fucking?

The only thing that really scared me as a kid were the weremooses from the Ace Ventura animated series. I kid you not, the episode with these things haunted me for years.

3D shit made from clay like Wallace and Gromit. Those kind of things made me fucking shiver in fear and run away most of the time. God damnit when I looked it up an eerie feel overwhelmed me for a fucking second it had that much effect on me.

Holy shit user. That's quite a coincidence. I swear I didn't see your post first. You.. are like me. These people will never understand the horrors it represented as a child. I have finally found you.

05:55.

07:30

That scream STILL gives me goosebumps.

Some people feared the clown.
Others feared the air conditioner.

But for me it was that fucking magnet.
(around the 6:14 mark, especially)

I'm sure you've already seen this.

But if you haven't, enjoy!

\m/

I bet many of you have already seen this somewhere: Finnish kids show "Morso ja Aasi" (Morso and Donkey"). The show got cancelled for being too scary.

Oh god, I forgot about him.

There was also that…tree. It wasn't even evil, it was just creepy.

Also the blender dismemberment scene made me shit bricks.

The Klasky Cuspo logo scared the shit out of me, too.

First time after i watched this movie i could'nt fell asleep beacause of that

Fucking hell, it was that scene that got me. Just the desperation of the scene, actually got to me. I was a teenager at the time too

Actually to me atleast once you find out the tree is actually a cool dude I was fine with him.

It's not a cartoon, but The Dark Crystal had a ton of creepy imagery in it. Also The Secret of N.Y.M.H.

still counts dude.

Oh God, nightmares for days. The first time I got genuinely terrified by anything as a kid.

How the shit is this a comedy movie
This isn't even Czech-style comedy
It's just horrifying and gross

i thought Little Otik (a.k.a the Grifter) was just some sort of "artsy" film

This motherfucker right here.

Yes.
Specifically baby rabbits fucking.

This fucking scene scared the shit out of me.

This whole movie.

This whole episode. It was the first time I'd ever seen CtCD and I freaked the fuck out.