New Rita from the Power Rangers Reboot

Holla Forums it's gonna be worst than we thought. They are making the Power Rangers even darker than the Edgy concept art.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/the-happytime-murders/
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3558272/Elizabeth-Banks-keeps-character-supervillain-Rita-Repulsa-fierce-glare-break-filming-new-Power-Rangers-reboot.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here the leak early concept art.

The Megazords will have exposed cockpits.

Keep in mind they are suppose to be reboot Zordon and Alpha

Concept Rita was at least trying to look somewhat similar to the original.

I said it before and I'll say it again, trying to make a show about a group of teenagers in multicolor power suits who pilot giant dinosaur robots serious or edgy in any way has failed from the get go.

You want to dial up the cheese, action, and make a tough threat to overcome. I doubt the people making this reboot are thinking of anything but money.

….What the fuck, man.
Do these people realize part of the charm of Power Rangers is the 90s camp that it had? If they put a more realistic, edgier, take on it that means they're playing it straightforward. They are taking a thing where 5 teenagers with attitude kung fu fight people in grey bodysuits and then jump in dinosaur robots at the behest of a big space head seriously.

Who is this even supposed to appeal to? It's so far removed from Power Rangers fans and too ludicrous to fly along as a serious movie. Is there at least some sex appeal? Is the pink power ranger's suit going to cut off like shorts? Because I'd be okay with that.

Damn it chris-chan look what your memes did, they revived zordon and now he's shit

So…Is this a movie or a new season?

Yeah, Power Rangers is not like Transformers or Ninja Turtles, it was always seen as something really kiddy and campy.

It's like trying to make a dark and gritty version of Lazy Town or Sezame Street.

Movie

Why do I get the feeling they don't have the rights to Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger?

Fitting

Zordon looks kinda alright, but holy shit, that Alpha. Damn, I just hope they don't screw up the costumes.

Dark and gritty worked for Ninja Turtles though. I mean, heck, the comic was pretty gritty, and so was the first movie. I think Power Rangers would kinda work if done right.
This isn't it.

It works pretty well for Pokemon.

Masked Rider movie when?

Too late.

Stupid when they try to get serious with it.

That's just concept art, right? I refuse to believe they will look like that.

You know, I think I've figured out the core difference between Japanese superheroes and American superheroes.

See, the Japanese see this shit as being for kids. Kids fucking love colorful heroes beating the tar out of guys in monster costumes. The adults love it too because they get a big rush of nostalgia when there's a cross-over, as they get to see the heroes they grew up with, right down to their dirt cheap costumes, continue to kick ass with the new generation. It's really one of those things were parents and their children can both enjoy it.

In Clapistan, people making superhero garbage only want the teenage demographic. Those awkward, angsty shitholes who need everything to be "adult" and "serious" because they desperately want to be respected. The result is this kind of shit, an abortion of a film that is very clearly taking children's entertainment and grim-n-gritifying it so teenagers will spend their disposable income on it. It's garbage that unappealing to both children and adults, but teens will fucking gobble that trash up.

This is why the west is doomed.

Just concept.

You can see the pink ranger in the first image here: She have a different design, so it's clear they are just playing with ideas on these concept arts.

I kinda like this, if not a little too edgy what with equivalent of a hospital bombing for no reason. Got any more?

What the odds all those rumors of a Saban cinematic universe were true? And samurai pizza cats, VR troopers and samurai pizza cats will be apart of it? Zootopia and guardians of the Galaxy were popular with normies. I'm sure a live action samurai pizza cats might do good at the box office.

What I have, I pulled off of Google. The Sesame Street thing reminded me of it, but I really don't know where you would go to get it.

Why everything needs to be a shared universe now? Every single studio is trying to make a huge crossover shared universe with their shitty IPs and they are all failing.

He's fucking Dr. Manhattan in a tube.

It could be worse, I'm sure.

Kinky.

IT ALSO COULD'VE BEEN A HELL OF A LOT BETTER.

This is movie has "JEM MOVIE" written all over it.

Let's not kid ourselves here, I doubt anything can fall to the same depths as the Jem movie.

It'll still be awful, but atleast we'll be able to get some enjoyment from the awfulness, unlike Jem which had absolutely nothing to be rescued from it.

Can they learn that just a little bit edgier is just enough?
Fuck this I'm pretty sure all the PR costumes would be in different shades of grey.

Also
Now if that isn't pandering to nostalgia I don't know what is.

I always thought what Big bad Beetleborgs was missing was social commentary on the plight of child African soldiers. By making beetleborgs a methaphor for child soldiers.

So lemmegeddestrait, they got Divatox, told her to cover her boobies and splashed her with green paint… and are calling her "Rita" now?

Mystery Incorporated work pretty damn fine, managed to be edgy, of course it never stopped being ridiculous, and in fact celebrate it.

AAYAAYAAYAAYAY
Please somebody make this.

WHY?

Divatox without boobs.
Literally the only good thing she had.

Are you suggesting a rendition of Alpha singing Awaken? Because that would be fitting given the new look.

Come on!

I was wondering were Flabber came from

Better than I imagined.
And no I wasn't. But forget about that. This is gold.

THAT WAS HER HAIR.

Played by Jay Leno or the Mary Sue from the force awakens?

I don't think I've seen Beetleborgs in 15 years. I only now appreciate the kind of shit my parents put up with me watching on full volume.

I've seen his face used for reactions pics (thought he came from Bibleman or something similar)

Speaking of the dimestore Zyurangers, didn't the new comics got released some weeks ago ?
What happened to that ?

Is that really the leaked Zord design?
It looks like a shitty version of Zyu3 Zord designs.

Do we have a link for these leaks? because they look like fanarts
In any case, i didn't like a lot of villains in Power Rangers, they were kind of lame.
But this looks 2edgy4me

I like it
Deal with it

So how is the taste of your own semen?

So how is the taste of your own semen.

>>>/anywherebuthere/

Deal with what? That some random user has shit taste?

I'd watch that

and every anime is shit

Funny how that works huh?

It's a double edged sword, for example with Kamen Rider their Spring crossover movies are utterly abysmal shitfests that just toss in as many heroes and villains as possible with a big CG monster at the end, but this year they did a movie with a very small cast, with lots of character development and drama, and it's being shit on as being too boring, too much drama, they don't want to see their legendary hero as an old man facing mortality and they want the usual formula back.

Is it sad that they still outperform Western cartoons while being shit?

I miss the days when Western animation was good enough to warrant our sneers.

everything about your post depresses me.

It's sad that Kamen Rider has become so formulaic and over the top. Fourze was the one time that I was okay with that, Gaim was pushing it at times, but was okay… still, I'd love to get a more serious, horror themed Kamen Rider again with a bunch of character development… also, they should go back to using the old cameras.

What about Amazons? I heard it's trying a different formula.

So the live action version of that lazy town rape comic?

Can't argue with those trips.

I fucking hate this "stick random plates and razor blades on human skin" character "design" that's plaguing every single modern science fiction show/movie.

Come on OP, spoonfeed me a source if you want to me to get upset with you.

I love Power Rangers, and this Rita design is completely fine. Sure, it's not the original, but it's also not bad compared to a lot of the shit designs being churned out for other movies. If they gave her a completely new name and changed the backstory, there'd be no complaint whatsoever.

T-Rex Zord looks pretty good. Not sure about the military choppers in the back, but I do dig that cockpit. I was always upset that they never really explained how the pilot could see, so this works.

If that is the real Alpha, it's not that bad, considering there's 22 years of difference between the movie and original series. If he was designed more like the original series, it'd be a complete clusterfuck, as he never looked good in the original and the only reason I could see to have him that way if because it's the only suit they could afford (not sure if alpha was given to them by the nips).

Billy will be transgender. Bulk and skull will be racist cyber bullies. And Tommy will be a literal cuckholder. Calling it now.

Max is literally crazy and talks shit, but he's only one of 6 writers. I just watched his superman short film and I want to die

Also, I decided to have a look at the Rangers they cast. I take back what I said. I've now got so little hope.

Red Ranger looks so flamboyant, I can't take him as the hunky leder.
Yellow is now some shitty rapper, who is fucking Latino, which won't get accused of racewashing at all.
Blue is now black, and Black is Asian. At least Ludi Lin actually looks decent, unlike the other 4.
Pink is now played by some English chick with a large nose and unattractive features.

As I said, I've lost all hope. At least the TRex Zord still looks nice

The current TV series is actually really good

Tumblr will probably bitch about him being a white leader still.

Alright baitmater where's the fucking source for this claim? Along with the source for the rest of these pics?

Well they are doing a Kamen Rider Amazons with mass produced riders tearing each other and monsters into ribbons and it deals with pack mentality amongst the riders. One is literally an Alpha male. Its running on the Amazon streaming thing so theyre making it more graphic than even Amazon. Only 13 episodes though.

However I still at this point enjoy Kamen Rider more than any superhero shit the big two puts out now

Critics don't like it.

Ransik, Groom, Venjix, pre-flanderized Zedd, Mesogog, Lothor (When he gets serious) and Dai Shi where pretty good villaind.

With Ransik and Dai Shi being very good characters, Groom and Venjix being very competent, Zedd and Mesogog being creppy as shit, Lothor being very smart and Genry Savy.

Its fucking Divatox.

So what was wrong with being just gay?
But the thing is that they're really pathetic bullies and better cops.
I'll kill them.

This ain't so bad.
This feels uncanny as shit.

Get real son. And they only started liking capeshit because the edges.

Wikipedia. Lern2Google.

It's written by Max Landis, what did you except?

I can see it happening.

Then he discover the truth and later in the movie he do a suicidal attack against the creations of Rita.
Kimberly watch the explosion of Tommy Megazord and realize that he was her true love
I like where this is going

Not every Spring Cross-over can be Let's Go Kamen Rider.

Member of target demographic who was 10 when Power Rangers came out here.

This is not what I want, and in fact I don't even recall being fucking asked.

And when did Power Rangers stop being American actors filming new connecting scenes for the latest Sentai series, anyway?

This thread has failed to address an incredibly important question.

Will Rita have her flying penny-farthing?

Where might one see said Divatox boobs? You know, if one were into that?

They still cut up Super Sentai for the TV Shows.

you have to remember that most "nerdy" things aren't being targeted at us, they are being targeted at the "bazinga" crowd who go on and on about how being realistic, dark, and practical are the best things ever. They don't want fun things. They hate fun.

YOU BETTER BE FUCKING JOKING!

It's true. He was one of the writers.

He's one of the six writers.

Let that sink in, this movie has six goddamn writers!

Max Landis isn't writing it.

Apaprently he pitched a script for it or something but it was turned down.

That will be the greatest shame in my opinion

When this movie flops (and it will) I wanna see Landis bitch about the lack of diversity in modern Hollywood.

No, it has had six re-writes. Not like all six writers were collaborating or anything.

That's a very conservative estimate at best.

At least two of the writers were hired to write the screenplay together.

Must be Cuckophobia! No seriously he a Cuck rights activists.

They still use Super Sentai footage but they film it in New Zealand for similar reasons to LotR (money), and therefore they usually hire Australian/New Zealand/English actors for easier visas.

Then again, I think, of the current 8 rangers, 6 are Americans, 1 from New Zealand and 1 from Japan or maybe it was just heritage.

But yeah, Disney definitely used commonwealth actors.

show me goldar!

Yes. I'm ready

why are you even here

what's funny is i'm reading american alien right now, and i'm actually enjoying it.

i would have had no problems seeing this made as a prequel to man of steel, with mos fully focusing on him being superman and then zod's shit.

Because I am not a basement dweller like you?

Why do I feel she's in the movie only because Lionsgate made Hunger Games?

So why are you here faggot?

What will lord zedd look like?

Reminder that you don't have to get grim and gritty to tell a cool-ass mecha story.

Where the fuck is that animated series, Del Taco? We fucking need it you burrito eating son of a bitch.

Is that image not grim and gritty?

Did you even watch the movie? Or did you just watch one fight scene and thought that the entire movie was like that.

slashfilm.com/the-happytime-murders/

white, of course.

all the villains are white nowadays, while the heroes are people of color, with some assistance from white-hating whites.

Ah, that will never get made

American capeshit panders to people who want white noise in the background while they look at their phones and eat popcorn. That, and tryhard manchildren who want indie nerd cred without normalfags calling them a pedophile for watching something that's not 24/7 SERIOUS BUSINESS GRIMDARK REMEMBER MUH 9/11.

Turbo, if you're brave enough. Divatox also had two actresses.

There was already a show with pretty much that same premise. It wasn't anything special.

Which one had the nicer tits?

It's an overcompensation to try to break free of the childish perception of comics that resulted from years of being under the thumb of the comics code. The irony is the grim dark that results from this is just childish and stupid in a different way.

Also I meant actually see them, not just see her cleavage

Look how dirty her skin looks, diamond dicks

This shit is making me miss Thrax

Thrax should of gotten a better season

But that's missing the point.
If Power Rangers got right thing as an adaptation it was keeping the camp that Sentai had. The only thing in fact since normally everything of any worth is striped out.
Sure there's dark Toku series' but Super Sentai sure as hell isn't one of them.
But hey better then dragging down Metal Hero's or Kamen Rider again.
Maybe Holla Forums and /m/ will get some new memes out of this.

I thought 8/m/ was kill

It's hanging on by a thread like most niche boards. I wish it was more active, again like most boards, but what can you do.

I haven't watched 2016's Amazon
How is it so far ?

There are some sentai that were somewhat serious, like Jetman. But they never have been properly dark or grim, unlike Kamen Rider.

Super Sentai always had a younger demographic in view, while Kamen Rider could play with darker tones since it had a older one (not actually teens, or adults, more like preteens).

They are both kids show's though.

Amazons has been alright so far.
Alpha's carrying the series, one of my favorite Riders personality wise since Godai Yusuke.
The series itself is pretty much Amazon through a Agito/Kabuto/Masked Rider the style but it serves the series well.
So far I can recommend it as one of my favorite series' in a long time, but we still have 10 episodes to go and episode 3 has me a little weary.

/m/ was always small. No matter what chan it is.

that's some damn good news. I'll be excited to give it a try once half the series is out. The suits definitely have me nostalgic.

You'll be in for a hell of a time in three weeks then man.
The suits are fantastic so far for sure.
Then again just being 45 minutes long an episode has me excited.

Why?

reboot Rita has a Great Ass!
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3558272/Elizabeth-Banks-keeps-character-supervillain-Rita-Repulsa-fierce-glare-break-filming-new-Power-Rangers-reboot.html

So once again a movie version of a non-movie thing misses the point entirely in every way possible, and basically just uses the same name and barest basics of the premise.

I'd be surprised if not for every other time they've ever made a movie based a non-movie property. I've been down this road enough times to realize that going to great lengths to make it only tangentially related to the source material doesn't seem to a mistake, but the goal with these things.

The infinite quest for more money.

I would hope it's at least better than the american power ranger movies.

Actually Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are children's shows with adult appeal too, closer to how people see Doctor Who or Disney/Pixar films. They know full well there is an adult audience.

Akibaranger was a direct parody of adult NEET Sentai fans, and the raw charm of something like kamen rider OOO would be completely lost on American company board members.

Though remember, Japan is the country where everything must have charm. Each County/Prefecture has their own fucking plush mascot. Can you imagine your county having a pokemon-looking plush mascot?

Jesus

At least she has her staff.

This is the face of a person that regrets a lot of things

The first movie had a pretty sweet soundtrack

Doesn't this show have a new version every year? I remember is was some dino version when I watched TV. I remember there was a samurai version.

It's based on the first show

You call that pathetic piece of twisted wire a staff?

They don't need to touch Lord Zed's costume, well maybe if they only make the metal pieces look more like metal and less like chromed plastic.

Oh, they'll touch him, because I'm certain he'll show up in an end credits scene, hooking us for a sequel that will NEVER HAPPEN.

Don't underestimate autism user

a good staff has a good profile. And those are some good staves

The end credit probably be the green ranger power coin

This is actually one of the reasons I dumped capeshit and started watching more toku. It has that endearing charm that's been long since sapped out of western super hero stuff. I'm watching some 60s Ultraman stuff now, and loving the hell out of it.

Will people really want to see this though? I can't see this drawing in the kind of general audience that Transformers or a Marvel movie has. It might do well with with kids, but is PR big with them the way something like Ninja Turtles is? So far this is looking pretty different from the show, so will PR fans or nostalgiafags want to see it?

I doubt it will be, but personally I hope it's a Jem level flop. I just want to see Saban lose loads of money, so there's less for him to funnel into Israel.

It can't possibly be any edgier than the R rated fan film.

Looks like your regular san fran hipster.

Cards on the table, gents: who here rubbed one out to them big fat titties?

I did.

Absterge them from your life…AND theirs.

*the first adaptation

And now they're injecting that back into Western capes.

I guess five years down the line, we'll be getting the charm back.

I didn't even consider they would hold off the Green Ranger for the sequel. You're right, that's more likely than Zed. They'll probably forge the coin out of Rita's dead ooze when the Power Rangers defeat her. That's why she's green and gold.

Fuck this movie.

No fucking way does this shit exist..

That's actually not the worst idea I've heard. Honestly, sounds like a solid excuse for her color scheme change.

Is it because Japan is a 'conservaive' country, and Western comics have predominantly been liberal in nature the last couple of years.

Essentially Super Heroes are individuals who take it upon themselves to fight the evils of the world which is not exactly in line with modern liberalism which wants to shame that kind of individuality and personal growth/accountability in favor of 'everyone is equal' mindset…

Or maybe it's cause Japan isn't putting all their superheroes in fucking coffee houses all the time and z-listers being bffs with a-listers for no reason other than tee-hee the heroes are just like us!

TL;DR: This post is an excuse to post this webm

Well it was going to be until the post wouldn't go through

Is it because Japan is a 'conservaive' country, and Western comics have predominantly been liberal in nature the last couple of years.

Essentially Super Heroes are individuals who take it upon themselves to fight the evils of the world which is not exactly in line with modern liberalism which wants to shame that kind of individuality and personal growth/accountability in favor of 'everyone is equal' mindset…

Or maybe it's cause Japan isn't putting all their superheroes in fucking coffee houses all the time and z-listers being bffs with a-listers for no reason other than tee-hee the heroes are just like us!

TL;DR: This post is an excuse to post this webm

Have this instead

None of the above.

America has been outsourcing fucking everything and investing very little in it's own home grown talent. Great writers and artists haven't gone away, it's just easier and cheaper to give it to some dumbfuck who doesn't care than to take a risk on someone who does. Fucking Zack Snyder is right now running the DCU movieverse. He doesn't know shit about the properties he's working on and his movies are fucking failures, but Warner keeps him around since they're scared of taking a chance.

That's the fucking America we live in now. A country scared of moving forward.

Are you kidding me? That'd be fucking great.

Blame Christopher Nolan

Why? Nolan's choices made sense for his films.

Blame the suits for misappropriating and mis-applying his work.

Out of context and without the 4 episodes of buildup this moment may not come off as amazing to everyone else but this was my favorite in the entire Kamen Rider franchise so far.
I came like a firehose when this happened and the closest any other series came to matching my excitement during this is during Kuuga's most iconic moment, and a few episodes later when Godai went basaltic on that porcupine Gurongi.
Fucking hell Amazons is amazing for me.

Awful costume and awful color scheme.

WELP.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Remember when their helmets were supposed to look like animals?

Good times.

The 1995 movie costumes looked better.

I'm fucking certain they don't have the rights to those helmets or anything from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.

Prepare for knockoff Rangers.

lol which planet are you living on?

theory is Rita is the ex green ranger gone bad

Rita also is the former Green Ranger it seems

Remove the lips and the color and it would be the most generic looking armor you've seen

I've always hated the lips on the costumes

In fact, I went ahead and did it

should have just kept the 3 diamonds teh single shield looks bad.

The sameness of the masks bugs mee too. The sabertooth fangs on yellow should stand out, same with the black mammoth tusks.

They should've kept the sleek design but they went full GI Joe The Rise of Cobra on this shit.

why hasn't Hollywood figured out yet that
THIS SHIT NEVER FUCKING WORKS!

So what you're saying is that we might not like the armor at first, but it will really grow on us.

What they mean is "teens who were born after 1991, never saw the show, but have disposable income that the studio wants".

Of course, they could've appealed to actually mature fans of the show and kids, but fuck that, teenage money.

Just like the Jem movie.

It's funny watching a bunch of SJWs bitch about the girl rangers having breast plates and heels, while the real fans who don't like it focus on actual relevant things.

Imo, Heels are pretty impractical for a fighter that needs to run, to be honest.

No way is someone who's into Power Rangers going to give it a shot. This isn't even Power Rangers anymore, is it? It's just the same big budget Hollywood shovelware but using the name Power Rangers to get some people in the theater. The worst part is that it could actually make a lot more money in the long run by appealing to the heavily autistic fanbase and making a good Power Rangers movie. But instead, they make it serious, because general audiences are going to watch a movie about teenagers with attitude in a serious manner. This is like how every video game reboot is the same shlock with a different coat of paint in an attempt to reach as many people as possible.

Every rumor about the power rangers movie turn out to be true!

They don't want general audiences. They want teenager dollars. You know, the fucks who live at home, don't pay rent, and have massive disposable incomes? They want their media to mature for mature audiences such as themselves, and Hollywood is happy to take their money.

If they were really attempting to get "as many people as possible", then they would've had shit for kids and adults who grew up with the series. However, they can't because teens hate that shit.

Fucking dropped even harder

Iron man?

Naw, they do. Saban unfortunately got his greedy hands on the rights to Super Sentai in all regions outside of Japan, I believe. I know it won't happen, but I hope this movie fucks up things so bad that Toei rethinks that arrangement.

Okay…

But you act like they are stick heels. They clearly aren't. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason they have them is to make the girls more equal with the guys in height.

YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR

For real though Genis is a pretty great villain and Zyuohger's been pretty alright so far.

Now if only they could get this guy to do the suits instead.

NOT THE KITTY

Tell that to the Transformers movie series.

Transformers was the first one of the big cinematic nostalgia cash-ins. It ain't happening again also bayformers 1 was by far not the worst this frachise suffered

That guy is fantastic, his Steve Lichman comic series and general art style is really fresh

The suits were always organic. "Morph" was supposed to be short for "metamorphasis". As in they physically transform instead of just getting super suits.

The only problem is they lost everything that made the zyurangenr suits cool. The bite mark aesthetic in the diamonds is gone. The individual medals is gone. The dinosaur decals are basically gone. There's no rhyme or reason here.

How do they take the helmets off if they are organic?

concept rita 10/10

He'll probably be the power ranger gone bad and plays the role of the biggest villain who's actually oppressing Rita and preventing her from making the world a better place.

Can someone make photoshop OCs of power rangers failing to stop 9/11? Looks like the rumored 9/11 imagery in the power rangers reboot are probably true.

So when are Japan going to come in and make their own big budget Super Sentai just to show these gaijin how it's done? You know, like they did with Godzilla?

I blame this fucking short for this movie's existence.

The PR movie was already being made by the time that came out, and the director of that said he made it to take the piss out of edgy reboot movies.

Fuck power rangers this is the sex right here.

My disgust and horror is undefinable.

People miss out on the whole joke

There are still nostalgiatards who will throw money at anything with Power Rangers in the name.

I hope RLM reviews the movie just to make things more awkward between them

Oh, that's cute.

This movie still looks like shit tho

Who the fuck designed this, Bioware?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That concept art is awesome. Why the fuck did they have to turn it into power armor? They're not space marines, and the fight scenes are gonna look clunky as fuck.

>not having an imagination
it must be sad not having a waifu, user
a lonely existence only driven by hope that sometimes some fleshy whore will let you touch her nasty meat-hole in exchange for money or work
I pity you

You some kind of a faggot, son?

How are they going to fight with that shit on? they could have at least gone with the Crysis rute if they didn't want to look campy.

Mi guess is.. that they aren't going to fight at all but use weapons and mechs only.

I've been an extra on set for a while now.

It is going to have a mix of camp. Lots of one liners, and all the previous rangers are in it. Johnny Young Bosch was on set as well as OG Red Ranger (forget his name).

Haven't seen JDF on set.

They're going to set this huge franchise up again and Iron Man the fuck out of it. Saban is partnering with Disney to make sure it gets spread on the Disney channel, and possible crossovers with MCU would happen.

No set pics as they check our pockets, sorry Holla Forumsmrades.

Austin StJohn

Also, i_want_to_believe.jpg

where's skull and bulk at

Is it just Mighty Morphin or every installment? I prefer some like SPD to stay away from this.

I don't believe you.
None of this looks campy or fun.
I do believe that they're trying for some Whendon one liners, but that's not the same as camp. That's just corny shit.

Oh god please no.
user please be full of shit.
If not this means were getting more shitty Seban adaptations it'll be the mid-90's all over again.
I swear to fucking Christ if this is true and this time next year there's talks of fucking grimdark seban's masked rider, VR Troopers, and fucking beetleborgs I will find a way to find you and crush your soul as you may well have crushed mine user.
Wait you're already an extra on a mostly grimdark power rangers movie.
Fuck I can't do worse then that.
Godspeed Holla Forumsmrade, try not to an hero before we can cringe together.

Thing is about Power Rangers and camp is that you absolutely have to do everyone and everything straight faced and without irony. The moment someone winks at the camera, it all falls apart.

The Speed Racer movie did it just right. Go nuts, make the action fun to watch and never lose the sincerity. Though maybe less kids and monkeys. Bulk and Skull goofing it up in the background should be fine for the obligatory comic relief. Hell, use them to mock the dark and edginess.

Trying to go for any audience other than the people who watched Power Rangers will not end well.

The concept is five teens with attitude forced into servitude from a blue head in a jar and a Mexican robot with tourettes to fight an evil Japanese goddess whose speech doesn't line up with her mouth movements. She and her blue armor dog sphinx thing and scrapped Jim Henson puppet emerge from a homemade coin holder dumpster after ten thousand years to freedom whose clock then read 'Time to Conquer Earth'.

Further, all your fucking fight scenes are reused footage from a Japanese television show about people who HENSHIN into power armor to fight whatever the fuck and get into a giant cardboard suit meant to represent a mecha and fight against a guy in a rubber suit in a city made of cardboard.

This whole fucking thing is so retarded, but so expertly marketed, that it could only appeal to kids. Power Rangers is something that you should be able to make fun, colorful toys out of, not weird Mass Effect power armor lazily splashed in the primary colors.

It's going to be pretty hard to believe you user

You are thinking of Animorphs. Shit gets dark yo

Did I ever tell you about my father, who works at Nintendo?

In fact, he's on first name basis with Shigeru Miyamoto

Did no one else notice thats just the pink ranger on the left colored green? Or was it done that way just to show off the theory?

I really have trouble understanding people who look at Toku monsters and think "We need to make that shit more EXTREME."