What's the meaning of life Holla Forums?

What's the meaning of life Holla Forums?

boiled eggs

ahh of course, why didn't i think of that.

To suffer and die accomplishing nothing.

because you don't fudge enough

To find meaning in life.

To have children

Only a human would try to find meaning. There is no meaning to life. Humans are meant to reproduce thats it. Your life is not more valuable then a rock. Humanity is nothing more than a piece of glass glinting in the desert sun.

Smoke weed erryday

Nigga,did you just say what I said but only smarter?

lucky for you there are no IDs here cancer faggot

"I would be glad to know which is worst, to be ravished a hundred times by Negro pirates, to have one buttock cut off, to run the gauntlet among the Bulgarians, to be whipped and hanged at an auto-da-fe, to be dissected, to be chained to an oar in a galley; and, in short, to experience all the miseries through which every one of us hath passed, or to remain here doing nothing?"

"This," said Candide, "is a grand question."

This discourse gave birth to new reflections, and Martin especially concluded that man was born to live in the convulsions of disquiet, or in the lethargy of idleness. Though Candide did not absolutely agree to this, yet he did not determine anything on that head. Pangloss avowed that he had undergone dreadful sufferings; but having once maintained that everything went on as well as possible, he still maintained it, and at the same time believed nothing of it.

There was one thing which more than ever confirmed Martin in his detestable principles, made Candide hesitate, and embarrassed Pangloss, which was the arrival of Pacquette and Brother Giroflee one day at their farm. This couple had been in the utmost distress; they had very speedily made away with their three thousand piastres; they had parted, been reconciled; quarreled again, been thrown into prison; had made their escape, and at last Brother Giroflee had turned Turk. Pacquette still continued to follow her trade; but she got little or nothing by it.

"I foresaw very well," said Martin to Candide "that your presents would soon be squandered, and only make them more miserable. You and Cacambo have spent millions of piastres, and yet you are not more happy than Brother Giroflee and Pacquette."

"Ah!" said Pangloss to Pacquette, "it is Heaven that has brought you here among us, my poor child! Do you know that you have cost me the tip of my nose, one eye, and one ear? What a handsome shape is here! and what is this world!"

This new adventure engaged them more deeply than ever in philosophical disputations.

In the neighborhood lived a famous dervish who passed for the best philosopher in Turkey; they went to consult him: Pangloss, who was their spokesman, addressed him thus:

"Master, we come to entreat you to tell us why so strange an animal as man has been formed?"

"Why do you trouble your head about it?" said the dervish; "is it any business of yours?"

"But, Reverend Father," said Candide, "there is a horrible deal of evil on the earth."

"What signifies it," said the dervish, "whether there is evil or good? When His Highness sends a ship to Egypt does he trouble his head whether the rats in the vessel are at their ease or not?"

"What must then be done?" said Pangloss.

"Be silent," answered the dervish.

"I flattered myself," replied Pangloss, "to have reasoned a little with you on the causes and effects, on the best of possible worlds, the origin of evil, the nature of the soul, and a pre-established harmony."

At these words the dervish shut the door in their faces.

During this conversation, news was spread abroad that two viziers of the bench and the mufti had just been strangled at Constantinople, and several of their friends impaled. This catastrophe made a great noise for some hours. Pangloss, Candide, and Martin, as they were returning to the little farm, met with a good-looking old man, who was taking the air at his door, under an alcove formed of the boughs of orange trees. Pangloss, who was as inquisitive as he was disputative, asked him what was the name of the mufti who was lately strangled.

"I cannot tell," answered the good old man; "I never knew the name of any mufti, or vizier breathing. I am entirely ignorant of the event you speak of; I presume that in general such as are concerned in public affairs sometimes come to a miserable end; and that they deserve it: but I never inquire what is doing at Constantinople; I am contented with sending thither the produce of my garden, which I cultivate with my own hands."

After saying these words, he invited the strangers to come into his house. His two daughters and two sons presented them with divers sorts of sherbet of their own making; besides caymac, heightened with the peels of candied citrons, oranges, lemons, pineapples, pistachio nuts, and Mocha coffee unadulterated with the bad coffee of Batavia or the American islands. After which the two daughters of this good Mussulman perfumed the beards of Candide, Pangloss, and Martin.

"You must certainly have a vast estate," said Candide to the Turk.

Lel

"I have no more than twenty acres of ground," he replied, "the whole of which I cultivate myself with the help of my children; and our labor keeps off from us three great evils-idleness, vice, and want."

Candide, as he was returning home, made profound reflections on the Turk's discourse.

"This good old man," said he to Pangloss and Martin, "appears to me to have chosen for himself a lot much preferable to that of the six Kings with whom we had the honor to sup."

"Human grandeur," said Pangloss, "is very dangerous, if we believe the testimonies of almost all philosophers; for we find Eglon, King of Moab, was assassinated by Aod; Absalom was hanged by the hair of his head, and run through with three darts; King Nadab, son of Jeroboam, was slain by Baaza; King Ela by Zimri; Okosias by Jehu; Athaliah by Jehoiada; the Kings Jehooiakim, Jeconiah, and Zedekiah, were led into captivity: I need not tell you what was the fate of Croesus, Astyages, Darius, Dionysius of Syracuse, Pyrrhus, Perseus, Hannibal, Jugurtha, Ariovistus, Caesar, Pompey, Nero, Otho, Vitellius, Domitian, Richard II of England, Edward II, Henry VI, Richard Ill, Mary Stuart, Charles I, the three Henrys of France, and the Emperor Henry IV."

"Neither need you tell me," said Candide, "that we must take care of our garden."

"You are in the right," said Pangloss; "for when man was put into the garden of Eden, it was with an intent to dress it; and this proves that man was not born to be idle."

"Work then without disputing," said Martin; "it is the only way to render life supportable."

The little society, one and all, entered into this laudable design and set themselves to exert their different talents. The little piece of ground yielded them a plentiful crop. Cunegund indeed was very ugly, but she became an excellent hand at pastrywork: Pacquette embroidered; the old woman had the care of the linen. There was none, down to Brother Giroflee, but did some service; he was a very good carpenter, and became an honest man. Pangloss used now and then to say to Candide:

"There is a concatenation of all events in the best of possible worlds; for, in short, had you not been kicked out of a fine castle for the love of Miss Cunegund; had you not been put into the Inquisition; had you not traveled over America on foot; had you not run the Baron through the body; and had you not lost all your sheep, which you brought from the good country of El Dorado, you would not have been here to eat preserved citrons and pistachio nuts."

"Excellently observed," answered Candide; "but let us cultivate our garden."

lache nous la grappe avec candide, retardé

Arbeit macht frei, jackass.

LOVE

I hope you and your subhuman family die in a fire

My love for Kennedi burns like an everlasting inferno of unbridled passion!

As long as you exist and are not inorganic matter, you're alive. The bar is set that low.

Take what you want and give nothing back.

i'm too young to be gassed
cigar, anyone?

Is a molecule of methane alive? You're triggering my autism.

This is the atheistic approach.
The only other approach is the theistic approach in which you dedicate your life to God. Your meaning is his meaning, you are an agent and he is the principal. Most religious people are lazy though and don't go all the way. If you are one of these people, your life has no meaning, just like the atheist, you're no better than an animal or a pile of sand.

Are you trying to tell me rocks are alive, user?

Pfft! Yeah. Sure. What ever you say, bud.

Ar-are they?

that's what you get for browsing Holla Forums retard.

meant for

There is no meaning to life. Life is circular logic. You live and die so the next generation can live and die. It has no inherent purpose.

breeders are worse than muslims

The meaning of life is how you feel. Everything else is secondary to that.

Atheistic?
No, that was closer to nihilistic.
Most atheists and agnostics I've met have an outlook on life that is more akin to an existentialist than a jaded nihilist.
Your meaning is your meaning.
Innate purpose does not exist, you create it.
If you want to believe you're born with a purpose, or you've been ordained with purpose by a divine being, then that becomes your purpose, but it won't be true for another.

be successful, raise a family. unless your a nigger then its "fuck bitches, get money, YOLO!"

remove your balls destroy the seed of suffering.

Nah, fuck off. That is what you made a purpose for yourself. There is no real purpose in life.

to escape reincarnation?
Or did you forget every other time you were told this for the last 13,000 years?

sure there is. stop denying it. MATIX HAS U

aids tbh fam

its trips

trips

fail

tripss

o well. i got 4 already today. you can have that one

i stole your trips bitch niggah
watcha gonna do about it?

talk shit? post memes?

how would you like your existence earthlings?

JUST

ALL YOU MUTHAFUCKAS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
WHOS IN THE HOUSE? ALBERT FUCKING CAMUS!

Y'ALL THINK LIFE MEANS SHIT FOLLOWING THE HERD
BUT EXISTENCE IS FUTILE AND INHERENTLY ABSURD

SO YOU PUSSY ASS FAGGOTS START PULLING OUT YOUR HAIR
WALLOWING AROUND IN EXISTENTIAL DESPAIR

SO YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH A SEMIAUTO COLT
BUT YOU SHOULDNT DESPAIR, YOU SHOULD FUCKING REVOLT!

AND WHATS ALL THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT SOME FAGGOT NAMED GOD?
HES NOT FUCKING REAL YOU DUMBASS FUCKING SOD

THE STRUGGLE IS ENOUGH WITHOUT SOME BULLSHIT REASON
MAKING YOUR OWN MEANING? SHITS LIKE PHILOSOPHICAL TREASON

LIFES ENOUGH ON ITS OWN, FULL OF MEANINGLESS BEAUTY
BUT YOURE TOO SCARED TO LIVE WITHOUT SOME PREDETERMINED DUTY

WHAT'S THE WORD?
LIFE'S ABSURD!
NO HEAVEN, NO HELL!
SO REVOLT! REBEL!

The meaning if life is to live

You've clearly failed just kill yourself already

XDDD YOLO

There is no inherent meaning, value, or purpose of life. You give it your own.

So then, if we are to make our own purpose for life, we should compare and ask what is the best purpose to choose?

Do what I do, don't think about life. Do anything that will distract you. If there's nothing just be alone with nature and enjoy its complexity of life.

Candide is not only smart and epic but also the funniest fucking book I have ever read.

If you compare the average cost of a black market assassination to the price of certain rocks (let alone those that are actually alive) - you can see that your existence as human is literally fucking worthless. And that's okay. The lack of value in living does not take away from the value of pursuing your own purpose/meaning.

That's wholly unnecessary.
"Make our own purpose for life" is not a hive statement. We all have separate interests that often conflict with the contentment of another.
A collectively accepted, assumed purpose for humanity created by humanity is asking for a worldwide union of politics and religion, which is impossible.

Again, purpose is subjective.

Does life have to have a meaning?

The purpose is to go through learning experiences which promote one's spiritual evolution.

Now is the time when I tell you to go back to somewhere, and pretend I won the argument.

Go back to >>>/lambdalabs/ and eat that never-before-posted stale OC with your shamebutter!

Simply the experience of nature is enough to give this shit life meaning.

Just watching the sun rise and set once in this shit life is enough, I could go through an afterlife or float in an endless, thoughtless void and it'd be enough. Its a new, unique experience every fucking day. Its amazing, its a sight that is truly unique that you can only experience through living.

Experiencing the rain, fire, the moon, the stars, the sun, trees, flowers, maybe even the ocean or mountains. The variety you can experience with nature is incredible. I think the marvel of having a form that can interact and experience this unique ecosystem instead of being bacteria or some shit on a fucking lifeless rock is the coolest fucking shit.

to work for others

To touch, molest, kiss, sex, and impregnate very young little girls

y

ye