Other urls found in this thread:

hdmovieswatch.net/dvd-bluray-captain-america-civil-war-full-movie-online-35/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanisms#Theories_and_classifications
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How's Spidey?

I hear spiderman is 'awesome' in this movie

I'd say he's… AMAZING!

geddit? geddit?

Oh, man, capeshit these days. As terrible as my puns.

Well what did you expect? The source material was fucking rotten to the core.

Well it's not like they could have killed Captain America in MCU

What did you expect? Of course they're not going to kill any of the characters off, because that would mean less prequels, spin-offs, sequels and with less of those, that means less shekels

except they can kill a character so they can make a movie about its return

He isn't important to the plot like was in the original source material. All I can say is that he is just there for "Hey kids here is Spidey!"

Not that I disagree the original story was shit, but they don't even follow it that closely.

How can I sum up the movie: Its the movie equivalent of a Call of Duty game. An easily digestable blockbuster movie that you keep your distracted while you watch it, but you will forget it in a few hours.

They still wouldn't have that level of creativity.

So pretty much every Marvel movie except for the first Iron Man? Got it, thanks.

So it's a Marvel movie.

Most of the critics were saying he gave a pretty Peter Parker, the Sensational performance.

no shit

Shit, I was hoping there would be a divide that would last at least until Avengers 3, when some bad shit forces them back together again
Oh well, I'll probably see it because Marvel films are a brain-off spectacle that I can rationalise as a bad habit I'm yet to break took me years to quit 2000AD. And I've seen all the other ones, anyway.

You'd think they'd top somebody so Doctor Strange can do some resurrectioney shit. If that's too much for the movie-going, non-comic-fanboy public to stomach, they could have had the character killed by something "mysterious", which turns out to be the big bad of Avengers 3, who is able to steal souls or some shit. Doctor Strange just returns the soul to the body.

expecting decent writing that makes sense from capeshit

That is exactly what happens. The movie wants you to think this shit will be lasting, but you know it won't happen because they need to team up again for the next movie.

does the Iron Spider suit make an appearance?

what did you expect, OP? I'm honest to god curious about what you wanted to happen
please don't tell me you seriously expected for their lover's quarrel to continue beyond this movie

you fucks keep saying this but that movie was not as good as you say, it was ok at best

Tony Stark wasn't throwing quips every thirty seconds, at the very least. It had it's very fun, hero moments, but it was a little grim at times too, which was a nice balance to see for once, and I felt like Stark was actually threatened for once and actually WORRIED about the impending danger, not just making jokes about it.

Didn't Agents of S.H.I.T bring back Coulson? Couldn't they do that instead if they're still stuck with the magic is alien tech nonsense?

Iron Man is still tied for first with Winter Soldier.

Iron Man is still tied for first with Winter Soldier.

Therefore no MCU movie was ever good. Ever.

and that makes it an ok movie but it's not even near being a good movie

What makes it a good movie, you casual?

nah, this fuck is right
at least WS was good, much better than IM but that's about it

I'm not saying it's great, but compared to the shit we get nowadays, it's sublime and I can remember scenes from it rather than cluster it in with the rest of the unmemorable garbage that's been spewed out from Marvel.

Oh, harsh. Maybe call him a pleb next, that'll hurt his feelings.

ask all the chuclkefucks who praise it so much, I watched it once and got bored to tears

anything looks sublime when you compare it to a pile of shit, bro
that doesn't make it good

but alright, I can see your point of view and agree to some extent with you

ask all the chuclkefucks who praise it so much, I watched it once and got bored to tears

anything looks sublime when you compare it to a pile of shit, bro

So they wrap everything up in one movie?

Yeah, that's what I am saying. It isn't really "good", but when you compare it to the other Marvel movies, it really holds up.

If you were to just stand it on its own without any point of reference or comparisons, the thing would fall apart.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys hate Marvel because its a meme to hate Marvel here.

I thought the movie was alright. Nothing special, but I enjoyed it.

So did Vision get scarlet fever?

What you should really be asking is if the Vision gets Disassembled

Sad thing is the Marvel fags will eat this shit up.

Did you ever stop and think that other people don't like things that are just "alright"? I don't want to watch an "alright" movie, I don't want to play an "alright" game, and I don't want to read an "alright" book. It's a waste of my fucking time.
At least terrible media is fun to laugh at. Mediocrity is the worst.

Alright I bite,

How was Spider-man? I'm morbidly curious about how they could fuck it up.

not the same guy and what I don't get is why you all feel the need to bitch about it

it's Marvel/Disney, based on Civil War and it panders to normalfags, we all knew it was gonna be trash, why moan and whine about it if no one expected anything from it?

Because it's still interesting to hear what other people have to say even if the general consensus is the obvious.

Besides, a ton of threads on here and Holla Forums would be barren wastelands if we didn't talk about how shit things are.

yes but so many people seem genuinely enraged that the movie is going to be a success and that normalfags will like it and defend it

I hate Star Wars, every single movie but I don't go around, telling people how much of a shit taste they have for liking the movies, I just ignore everything about them and let them be

and this is a good thing how?

So wait
Does Vision die?

So wait
Does Vision die?

So wait
Does Vision die?

So wait
Does Vision die?

So no dies? At all? How pointless, just like the original comic

>>>/normies/

And the the stakes are so low and so fake that even the newest trailer is like "are we still friends?" "teehee it depends on how hard you hit me" like, if you can't even take yourself seriously in a fucking 30 trailer why should the audience? Fucking hell what is the point of this movie?

Money

So did crossbones do anything cool?

Yet this will get a rating over 80% for god knows what.

Is Age of Ultron all over again, Nothing happens, everything is so self contained on each movie, I hope that atleast there is lots of fighting, even if marvel movie-verse characters are relatively weak, their figths pack a lot of punch, like an action movie but with extra super hero gimmicks.

?
did it leak somewhere?
or are you like a VIP person or something?

Because comics are "cool" now, which is also why they're terrible now

Because comics are "cool" now, which is also why they're terrible now

He become a suicide bomber, Scarlet Witch uses her powers to contain his explosion but it ends up killing lots of people. That event basically replaces the Stamford explosion in Civil War.

I hope everybody knows OP is just talking out of his ass, the movie isn't even out yet.

God, this board is getting dumber by the fucking minute.

So they still have the "blame heroes for a villain caused explosion" plot point
Lovely

how is this a bad thing?

Because it was retarded

They still haven't been able to top Sam Raimi's first Spiderman-movie?

Well, who would've thought there would be a difference between random movies churned out by studio-stooges and really good movie-directors.

That first Spider-Man movie was mediocre as fuck. It's the second one that's the masterpiece.

I disagree, sir, because Willem Defoe.

HKanon, just came back from an AM showing.

Movie is honestly about the best Civil War adaptation that Marvel could make given the sheer amount of money that goes into them and the clusterfuck of branding and sustainable franchise decisionmaking that goes into each one. RDJ asked 40 fucking million dollars for the part, and he could do this in his sleep.

Movie is worse written than Winter Soldier but head and shoulders above the dross and pap that was Age of Ultron. Tony is all MUH GUILT after the shit he's done, Cap is all FUCK THE MAN, they've both got decent points. There's a shit-ton of hand-to-hand fighting in the movie. Pretty much everyone is a ninja-flipping jump-kicking kung fu master.

Black Panther was an actual character with a character arc that makes sense from beginning to end, although his MUH WAKANDA ebonics accent was really bad given that I know Chadwick Dindu speaks real English. Spider-Man is okay, in as much as it's possible to not fuck up "awkward teenager". Ant-Man goes full Giant Man in this, it's great.

Also fucking Bilbo is in it for no reason.

As OP has stated, problem is the movie pisses away the previous 90 minutes with essentially a "morning after" love letter and no real casualties but a bunch of hurt feelings, although the stakes between Cap and Tony are way more relevant to the characters than whatever lame ass excuse DC gave for BvS.

Eh, Doc Ock was much better developed

Liked:
Fights. So many fights. It's a Cap Vs Iron Man movie and they actually deliver. Airport fight scene - while starting out as the usual Marvel quip-a-thon where it's all spectacle over substance, is entertaining enough with people bouncing into each other and off of shit with varied use of powers even though there's a lot of jump-kicking.
Respectful funeral scene for Peggy Carter and how much it affected Cap.
Bromance gone wrong; Tony and Cap know each other well enough by now to try and limit the damage even when they're fighting up until the third act twist happens (and even then that's something we kinda could have guessed at from Cap 2) and then they just really try and murder the shit out of each other for a good 5-10 minutes.
Thunderbolt Ross being Thunderbolt Ross and locking people away in a fucking insane underwater prison that must have cost at least a helicarrier or so to build.
Villain. This is surprising, but Zemo is actually head and shoulders above the villains the MCU has had so far in that his motivations are clearly explained, inform his actions, and are completely understandable from an audience perspective. He's just a regular guy with an axe to grind against the superhero blowhards, and that he ends up sort of achieving exactly what he wants is the real kicker. There's a nice moment near the end where he and Black Panther just talk, and T'challa realizes just how far gone Zemo is, just before Zemo tries to commit suicide, having achieved his goals. Surprisingly effective.

Hated:
Romance. There's two romance subplots in this, they lack chemistry. The actors try their best, but there's clearly nothing there and it's kind of like rubbing wooden blocks together. Scarlet Witch/Vision sort of makes sense, but it's really there just so they can go HEY IT'S LIKE THE COMICS. They bond over Vision keeping her a virtual prisoner, which is about as good as it sounds. Cap/Susan Carter on the other hand is fucking offensive given that it comes out of nowhere and it breaks the professional courtesy that Cap seems to have with his supporting cast. The Winter Soldier BW/Cap stuff was actually interesting given how the characters were ideological opposites that played off each other pretty well in comparison. You could probably make a better argument for romance from Cap and Iron Man being gay for each other given the script.
Lack of real consequences - given the fight and the way Cap and Tony fall out, I was kind of expecting something more than a "sorry, lol, call me if you need me" note delivered by Stan Lee. Some serious shit went down and to see these characters shrug it off as we move into PHASE THREE OF THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE is kind of a wasted opportunity, although we've reached the point in movies as well as comics where Status Quo is God.

Can you greentext the plot?

Sure

I find it hard to believe some random user from Holla Forums got into a screening, but

is pretty convincing.

Of course, people believed all of my lies about Batman V Superman, so take it with a grain of salt.

You know it's not difficult to get into previews, right?

Thanks dude, appreciate it!

Why does Tony care about his dad that much? Throughout it seemed his dad was pretty neglectful.

So Zemo is pretty much Trump?

Lovely……

What? How so?

If these leaks are true then the movie sounds okay, perhaps almost as good as Winter Soldier.
My brother wants to see it with me anyway so I'll be glad to not have wasted 25 bucks

DO SCARLET BITCH AND VISION FUCK???????
DO THEY FUCK?

Well, it doesn't look too bad compared to what superhero movies are, but still it looks like shit.

Besides, Scarlet Witch should be dead because she is an unlikely whore.

Also, are female characters plot protected in this movie and don't recieve any single hit like in Age of Ultron?

Oh, silly question.

Is that true that marvel is making some deals to recover mutants? I've heard they were recovering the fantastic four.

After the feminist backlash from Age of Ultron, Marvel is probably scared of writing the female characters like actual characters.

And Age of Ultron gave the female characters a plot armor and some marysue bullshit that made them not interesting at all.

There were many female heroines in the Avengers and they had to choose Black Widow.

And the lack of Hank Pym was still a mess up.

Marvel might get the FF back, but they won't be seeing the X-Men in their hands anytime soon as they are still making a huge profit with those movies, specially how well Deadpool made financially. Fox can't simply make another movie and keeping the rights just to deprive Marvel of their property is pointless since they get nothing out of it.

Personally I am fine with Fox keeping the X-Men because I always thought that dem muties should be separated from superheroes

Sorry, I just had a brainfart and forgot how to use english, specifically the word that mean someone who isn't relatable and you don't care about them because you know they won't be harmed in any way and also have not redeeming qualities.

Well, I thought they might be doing business because they cancelled the inhumans movie.

I'm fine with Fox keeping the X-Men because they're doing better things with them than Disney would.

pym exists, he's just retired.

very retired.

mcu hank pym is so retired that he's played by michael douglas.

they made a tv show of it

fuck off

it's just Holla Forums and tumblr being autistic again.
Before Marvel became big and before the exodus people dicked on Marvel and DC because of the quality of writers, series or for the laughs.
Now it's because Marvel is popular so they now use the feeble argument of

nigger. Because something is just alright doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. Look at 300 or The Room, both sub par movies to different degrees but both enjoyable in their own right.
All movies should strive to being a masterpiece but it's ok if they're not, their's nothing wrong with relaxation.

fuck off leddit

so you've not seen it then?

So he'll be dead soon?

This was to avoid that argument turned wife beating bullshit right? I never understood how it became prominent yet United We Stand, Earth's Mightiest and that Disk Wars anime handled it with no problems.

Some of the info itt sounds like bullshit, but after the TFA leak info turned out to be true I'm more inclined to believe

300 and The Room are not "alright" movies. When Harry Met Sally is an "alright" movie. 75% of the Marvel films are "alright" movies. It's not alright if it's actually enjoyable, then it's either good or so bad it's good. Otherwise it's mediocre and has no right to exist.

In understand the overwhelmingly positive reaction to Captain America: Civil War, you have to understand the single most important factor: expectations. Did the film live up to expectations?

Well, let's start with what it's being compared to. Batman vs Superman is it's direct competition in "super hero vs super hero film" it's a sequel to Captain America: Winter Soldier and the next Avengers team film following Age of Ultron, so those are the things it's being compared to.

Is it better than Batman vs Superman? A hundred times. It's coherent and entertaining.

Is it better than Age of Ultron? Easily.

Is it better than Winter Soldier? Completely up for debate, but you have to consider after BvS people have started complaining they want superhero movies to be light and fun again, and in that regard this delivers.

So what other expectations have people expressed?

They didn't.

It's considered the best scene in the film.

Pretty much everyone says they did.

Everyone's actions and motivations make perfect sense.

I've never cared about the character myself, but everyone's saying he's a think of beauty in the film.

He does.

It's better then pretty much everything it's being compared to, it's entertaining and has some funny dialog, and it delivers on every single hope and expectations audiences have wanted.

HK user here who saw it yesterday and wrote the full movie plot greentext, I think you nailed it.

There are some sperglords in this thread who clearly want it to be shit so they don't get their hopes up for something and then get disappointed when it turns out to be worse than they thought it'd be, or just hate superhero movies. Or even the Marvel Movie Method of franchising the shit out of their IP in particular leading to safe and non-risk enterprises where status quo for the next 10 movies is master.

You know.

Just like comics.

Movie is okay. If you like the MCU and get a kick out of seeing twelve freaking superheroes kick the shit out of each other on screen, you'll have a blast.

If you don't like the MCU, then this won't do anything for you.

Fuck off hope mainland takes over soon

Holla Forums says I have a shit taste but to me super hroes have always been about escapism, I know marvel has a tradition of making their characters more human in general, but cinematic universe takes this up to eleven, everyone is so weak, thor is just strong enough to overpower fucking capitan america/black panther etc and strogn enough to resist hulk for a couple of minutes, and Hulk is no better strugling to jump a mile high or dragging a 5 ton weight.

is like they wanted to make Capitan america relevant by making everyone else super weak. Even where it makes no sense, like, you can say thor is just an alien with some gimmicks, but fucking ironman has a fucking mecha armor and looks as if it was made of cardboard, so even in universe makes no sense.

Everyone is so effeminate!

Comics must be mind-blowingly difficult for you to read.

If everything is sublime, nothing really is you dumb fuck. We need shit and mediocre to appreciate awesome and sublime

It also cuts down the special effects budget.
Marvel should take advantage of Cap's other attributes, like his skills as a strategist and a leader. Civil War was a great opportunity for this, since they could have Stark's side being more powerful in terms of raw power, but Cap would try to outsmart and surprise them. Cap's team could also get along better and respect their leader more than Stark's team

At least Russo bothers are more competent than Sensitive Joss Wheadon.

Well, just came from seing the movie and I can say that the movie is not bad, yet it is not good, at least not totally.

Also, this was the movie that made Tony Stark be right.

How the hell could Wanda fuck up vision?
In the comics, I get it she's OP as fuck
But in the movie vision has got the fucking mind gem or whichever one it is
He should be able to fuck everyone up, no problem

So where the Crossbones porn?

WE
WUZ
WAKANDANS
AND
SHIEET

He doesn't precisely know how to use it aside from phasing through shit and pewpew laser beams

Lame as fuck

It's actually his mom he cared about. "Sorry Cap, but he killed my mom."

I'm not the type to squeal like a schoolgirl, but when Scott Giant-man'd, I had to hold my fist in my mouth as to not embarrass myself. I'm honestly watching the film again just to see the airport scene.

I'm hoping now that Joss is gone, the Russos will help increase the quality of the future films

Tony was going through a lot of shit. The trauma from all the other movies and Pepper breaking up with him. It actually made sense for him to want some drastic changes and to completley snap in the final fight.

The movie actually manages to deliver the "both sides can be right, depending on your perspective" thing. It was better written than the comics.

It's shit. And a fine proof that we're already reaching the tipping point where mainstream audience can't get their ADD sorted out enough to follow a plot, if you go by the response. And a fine excuse why we don't get to have nice things.

First of all, this doesn't follow the comic premise, but after reading all the nerd media hype and recaps of the comic, the movie viewers seem to not have noticed. It's not about a gov mandate to register all superhumans. In the movie, we have a UN agreement that calls for members of the Avengers to each personally vow servitude to UN, and the following pissy interpersonal character drama between these dozen individuals who don't agree but want to keep their clubhouse intact. That's mind-numbingly small. Any Avenger can just fuck off, and some do, but people are still throwing around Twilight-tier Team Edward or Team Jacob generalizations about who is in the moral right.

Especially retarded is that people keep saying that Cap should have signed for some greater good of preventing Avengers from becoming a black ops world police, despite the fact that 1) needing the signature already proves he doesn't owe anybody shit, and 2) the only thing he does by going rogue is prevent Black Panther from becoming exactly that kind of a black ops world police.

They simplified the shit out of this storyline, and all people are saying it's too simple, while not being able to even follow it despite that because their fragmented minds go all over the place and draw conclusions based on another continuity. If the beginning of an end hadn't already started, I'm convinced it now definitely has.

I think you got it wrong. The Avengers who don't sign can't just fuck-off, they would pretty much stop being Avengers or super heroes in general. Captain America and his team are acting ilegally now.

It doesn't have a big registration act like in the comics, but it pretty much makes the Avengers a private police of the UN. If this is better than they working alone as a private organization with it's own goals, it's up for debate. It's the whole point of the divide.

I find this to make a lot more sense than the comics. Both movies and comics tried to approach it in a way that both sides can be right, depending on the way you see it, but the comics fails at it by turning Iron Man into Hitler, with freaking concentration camps and forced registry of kids.

The movie, on the other hand, makes a lot more sense and you can actually side with Iron Man without having to support unethical behaviors.

Civil war is like a Shit Kingdom Come/ Cadmus JLA arc.

It's not a grand moral quandry, it's about a single government agency. And you need somebody to tell you to fuck off and actually mean it for once in your life. That is how we learn.

Yeah, this is literally nothing. Do you think Wakanda would be of service to the world as a rogue state? It's full of niggers, you know. And don't try to tell me he wouldn't.

You're trying to push me into taking the opposite side between these princesses so you can convince me otherwise, but that's exactly what proves my point. The most logical thing was the lame ending, because the whole thing was a literal non-issue all the way through, blown way out of proportion. Just a risk of Avengers missing a few members, plus the heartache of the ones who remain.

After having time to think over the movie, I have to admit I really fucking enjoyed it. All the weaknesses of MCU are there, but you can forgive it a lot when you have a whole bunch of Comic Shit happening in the frame in front of you with characters you care about in them.

All the same…

I wish the movie had really committed to the Death of Captain America I thought they were going to pull with this movie. It'd be the greatest thing to shut up people who are like "lol marvel movies have no consequences cause franchise".

Like, I'm imagining if during that final fight, Cap wins, but regrets what he's done, and decides to go in front of a camera and says that the UN has to decide as a group what it means to be an Avenger if they want a say over how they operate. He willingly lets go the shield, goes in front of the news crews in vibranium chains or something and gives a Cap speech about how he believes in people making the right decision. If they want him to be Captain America and lead the Avengers, he'll do it. If not, he won't.

And then Zemo caps him from half a mile off with a sniper rifle or something, JFK-style.

It'd give a lot more weight to Cap - that he died doing what he believed in, and believing that people are better - just before he gets killed by someone who would never have had the chance if he was still fighting.

And then you can have that wonderful moment from the comics where Tony looks at Cap's body and says it wasn't worth it.

Well, that's one way to see it. Others could argue that having such a powerful team act as the private police of the United Nations could actually do more harm than good, specially by the perspective of Steve Rogers who already saw SHIELD be taken from the inside by Hydra itself. I can see why he would be reluctant to go back taking orders from the government.

I wouldn't say there wasn't consequences. Hawkeye, Captain America, Ant-Man, Falcon and Scarlet Witch, they can't go out anymore without wearing disguises because they are all wanted criminals. Not to mentions they now have zero support of local forces. The team is divided into the legal and the illegal Avengers now.

Also Wakanda is helping then in secret. As long as no one finds out, there won't be any trouble for T'challa and his country.

You're freaking paranoid, man.

I think they wasted a character with Zemo.

It would be a lot cooler if he was just a normal guy. The big villain that almost destroyed the Avengers when Ultron and Loki didn't even got close, happened to be just a normal civillian.

Why even call him Zemo when he have 0% to do with the actual character? It just feels like they wasted a character.

Why do you keep inventing this issue out of nothing? That was always off the table you profound idiot. That's not what they were signing upon.

Even at the possibilty of dismantling avengers altogether, no sane governent would have gone a week without assembling a new team from the signers.

So what they were signing upon?

Whether each of themselves would have been the person who chooses to sign.

What? No man, they all had to sign the document. Everyone who doesn't sign would be acting as illegal vigilantes.

No, they would act as free Americans. Maybe go into gardening, who knows. More realistically, Guantanamo Bay. Because lol muh freedom. Unless they owned their own sovereign nation.

I really don't have the energy for retreads, especially since I only came here to say that this is the movie where people like you really lose against your rampant ADD, and that point is very much proven.

So you mean they would be forced by the government to stop acting as Avengers? That's is the whole Captain America point. He was trying to keep the Avengers as it's own organization because the last time he worked for the government…. well, you know what happened.

Like I said, it's a matter of perspective, depending on how you look at it, both sides can be right, wich is pretty much the point of the movie, one that they nailed it, unlike with the comics.

What a gay

I feel like the special effects of him giant wasn't as good as when he was small. I don't know where to point my finger, but it just felt weird…

The movie made the registering all superhumans into just the Avengers which is a non-issue if you think about it

Do they even know about other super humans outside the Avengers?

Probably not, even if they did there's no indication that they're required to sign. The scene where Stark is asking Parker for help is what gave it away.

Also only Cap's team recognizes Ant-Man

You're right, it's more a Avengers thing and not much a super hero thing.

Anyway, what I meant with "they did it better than the comics" was in regards of not making the sides that much disbalanced. I mean… it's impossible to take Iron Man side in the comics.

My favourite was Ant-Man. Don't hurt me.

But the he was in the second one as well.

AVENGE MEEEE!

Not the same user but the first Iron Man lacked a good villain and exciting action scenes.

But yeah, Tony Stark was an actual character back then. Now he only exists to crack smirky remarks and sell toys to kids, which is why Disney shoves him in most Marvel movies.

So the poor reception of BvS isn't really due the movie itself but because of cultural zeitgeistism? That's pretty sad.

Also, I don't buy the "it isn't coherent" argument. I barely read comic books and I still understood the movie. It did a much better job at handling multiple characters and plots than Age of Ultron, which goes as far as introducing a new character in the last 30 minutes of the story. The ending also seals the movie's theme (the burden of being a hero) very well by restoring Batman's heroism while naturally preparing terrain for a Justice League story (with Superman 'dead' he needs to search other heroes to protect the Earth). Unlike the whole 'infinity gems' bullshit from AoU.

Oh no, Batman vs Superman is a bad movie on it's own. I believe that user means that after Batman vs Superman people want more lighthearted cape movies because we had too much "dark" ones in a row (save for Ant-Man).

What traumas? He's always mocking everything.

TRAUMA

Sounds more interesting than the movie.

Disney gonna Disney. They have no balls to turn a hero into a unlikeable tyrant.

The fact so many people genuinely believe a movie with more qualities than flaws is bad just confirms what I said about cultural zeitgeistism. Can't expect too much from millenials or Holla Forums, though.

And all super hero movies except for the Nolan trilogy.

You missed the whole PTSD plot of Iron Man 3? Also in Age of Ultron he mentions he feels guilty for everything that happened and is proven right when his own selfish goals create Ultron and almost destroys the world.

The movies make it very clear that he is under a lot of stress.

The point of Civil War is that the heroes are fighting against eachother because they have conflicting views, it's supposed to be Heroes vs Heroes, and not Heroes vs Tyrant Iron Man.

The fact that it devolved into this was poor writting.

You're talking about Batman vs Superman?

civil war has always been shit

posted the same on the Holla Forums thread:

for those who have seen the movie already, when did cap found out about bucky killing tony's parents? was it on a previous movie/spin off series, did I missed something in this movie? or do they just come up with it, without properly setting it up?

breddy gud movie, definitly a 8/10 maybe more, time and repeated views will tell, but for now winter soldier still reigns supreme

>when did cap found out about bucky killing tony's parents?
The end of Winter Soldier had Widow give Cap Bucky's file which is assumed to have every mission he has done so it's there but without a set up.

oh ok then, thanks

>if you dislike it, it's only because you were told to by your peers
Sorry Zack, the film was a steaming turd

Just gonna leave this here.

hdmovieswatch.net/dvd-bluray-captain-america-civil-war-full-movie-online-35/

You're welcome.

MORE LIKE TONY STANK

'Being shit' isn't a quality

everything is not fine and dandy

at the end it's pretty clear they are not the happy quip-prone bros they once were, but understand that given their powers and obligations, there might come a time when they need to work together again.

also regarding the accords, none of them really backed out on their previous stand.

i feel like you guys are being a little too arsh because it bears the civil war name and because you think it's to be a contrarian, but IMO the movie is pretty good, and a farcry from the now tradicional capeshit movie, because of the themes it tackles and how none of the sides is the default bad guy and both have valid arguments and real motivations

I wish I could go to a chan, and see threads about new releases that aren't just contrarian bullshit.

NO YOU DON'T

YOU DON'T WISH YOU COULD

YOU ONLY THINK YOU WANT TO

The only super heroe in this movie was spiderman, Ironman suit seemed like it was made of cardboard and none of the other retards could lift even a couple of tons, maybe Ant man could but he didnt, because audieces react badly to tons, specially metric.

I'm actually kinda glad because if they had killed off Cap then they might have had Falcon take up the mantle and while I love Sam Wilson as Falcon, he's fucking awful as Cap.

Humor is used as a defense mechanism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defence_mechanisms#Theories_and_classifications

With that said, while it was a fun movie, the major M.O. of the plot was shit. Being under the umbrella of an alphabet agency would not prevent collateral damage. Period. The very notion is absurd and neither the "Brilliant" Tony Stark or Vision even entertained that counterpoint. The original story from the comics was better.

Guy who always says he likes the Marvel movies if you treat them as brain-off popcorn flicks here.

I got exactly what I asked for.

There's now "two" avengers teams, Cap's side is technically outlawed, and is hidden in Wakanda. I suppose the divide will remain throughout the rest of this phase, until Avengers 3 will bring the two sides back together again. and hopefully won't just be the same fucking film for a third time I expect the standalone Black Panther and Ant Man films will play into this, with hunted heroes, like in The Incredible Hulk.

War Machine almost does, and is pretty fucked up by the end. I can see him getting some Stark(tm) bionic implants, he already seems to have some in his legs. Will he be able to run 60mph without a suit in future?

There was an X-men trailer on before it, which (very) briefly flashed up a Marvel logo. If that counts for anything.

Black Widow tries her ninja jumpery on Bucky and gets her ass kicked. Scarlet Witch gets sonic blasted by War Machine… that's about it.

Oh, also, Spidey takes out Giant Man using the "Empire Strikes Back" tactic, and actually calls it out while doing so.
though I suppose it is the best way to take down an ill-balanced, huge enemy

Is Ant Man also Giant Man in the comics now? I have an essentials book of "Marvel Two-In-One" (technically it's The Thing's own comic) with 1979's Giant Man in it. He's a VERY 70's-looking black guy with a wrestling outfit.

It's like the fire department containing a forest fire only to be blamed for starting the fire

I'm sick of seeing this capeshit all over the place.

You know what is the most retarded thing about Civil War? Its a reused plot from before and it was solved by the fantastic 4 showing why the registration was retarded by pointing out that villians would never register, so in the end the only people they were damaging were Superheroes.

And then again the new registration of Civil war was more of a Draft hiding as a gun registration thing which was totally pointless.
Culminating with the death of Captain America, Because the writer though that he was Outdated so his Soviet mindwashed dark and gritty sidekick would take the mantle of Captain America, which he funny enough used to destroy the freedom of speech and the freedom to protest for a bunch of people because they were "Racist"

Guys, I'm not saying that no one else is allowed to have a different opinion than me. I understand not everyone likes Marvel's movies, but when Marvel threads come up, hordes of anons post in it just to call Marvel shit. Not a lot of discussion as to why, just flinging insults around. I feel like a lot of you don't really watch the movies, and just parrot what people on Holla Forums say because its a meme

yeah fuck you, besides what kind of idiot would criticize a movie that he didn't watch ?

I loved it. Zemo can be forgiven for being ordinary in comparison to previous villains because it changes up the formula up a bit.

Killing Steve would've dragged the entire thing down for no reason.

Not really, since Marvel's involvement in the X-Men films is minimal. Note that the credits usually read "in association with Marvel Entertainment" as opposed to Marvel Studios

It's complicated. It's worth noting that said black Giant-Man (Goliath) died in Civil War and has been in the ground ever since

Trolls and contrarians?

Nigger what?

It's also worth noting that the MCU takes inspiration from both the mainstream and Ultimate Marvel universes. In the Ultimate universe Hank Pym is both Giant-Man and Ant-Man. Hank Pym is also an abusive husband in that universe, too, so I'm glad they don't take too much from the Ultimate universe.

The letter

Cap knew Hydra assassinated them, but he didn't know it was Bucky specifically that did carried it out.

When Stark first sees it he asks if Cap knew, and Cap tries to deflect by saying "I didn't know it was him," but Stark sees through this and pushes until Cap admits that he knew that Hydra did them in.

What the fuck cap sounds like an asshole in this one

Not an asshole, a coward, as he himself admits in his apology letter. He didn't want to have to be the one to tell Tony the truth about his parents being assassinated by Hydra.

Roughly "I thought I was protecting you from the truth, but really I was protecting myself."

He wasn't actively trying to hurt Tony or protect Bucky by the lies of omission.

I'm not sure why people claim Iron Man is in the right in this movie.

He pushed for a signing of the UN contract, but it was him and the UN acting without evidence or judicial process that caused Zemo's plan to come to fruition. Cap was standing up for Due Process when the UN and Tony were ignoring it and trying to execute the guy because of one blurry photograph that they held up as proof of guilt. If that's the kind of operation that the UN wanted to run, then Cap was 100% correct for giving it a pass.

where this contrarians shit came from ?
It doesn't even make sense in this place

it does though. Not in the traditional sense more like if a thread starts "wow i really hate X" someone inevitably is going to post "i think x is great don't ask why faggot" and viceversa

If there's one thing the movie did right it's how incompetent the UN is.

I also enjoyed the fact that the drimderp tacticool "just kill the bad guy" solution was what made things go wrong. Kind of a meta joke about Capes as a whole.

Are you retarded or what ? thats just polarization which is inherent to chans

i dunno, maybe 90% of this fucking board

how the hell you criticize something you didn't see ? wouldn't people that watched it call bullshit when they read something that never happened in the movie ?

It wasn't though. Most of the Avengers are now wanted by about every nation on Earth and it's been nearly cut in half.

I just saw the movie and I like it, but I had just binge watched the dcau and mau cartoons, so I may have been much more receptive to it. The movie was a lot more concise than BvS and all the crap that they tried to put in there. The villain was really just a pretty normal guy motivated entirely by vengeance who understands that taking the Avengers head on would never work, so he instead works at setting them against one another. It works and essentially cripples the organization for a long time. The same vengeance can be seen consuming the other Avengers and especially Tony after he finds out who was responsible for the event in 1991.

I wouldn't say it was the best movie ever, but it was really well done in comparison to other cape flicks and there was plenty of action for your eyes. Spiderman was nice addition as well and he sounds like the VA from the show as well.

I think Dr Stange is next, so I look forward to how he is handled. At the same time, I'm curious how WB is going to look at their property after the success of this movie. They really should have started with the individual movies rather than starting with BvS and trying to shoehorn everyone in.

It goes well with Zemo noticing that there was some green in his blue eyes as a way of showing that cap was flawed. Cap then proves it when he admits to Tony that he was too afraid to face facts. Cap's lie ends up causing a lot more damage as Tony goes berserk and tries to kill Bucky. He would have easily done it too had Cap not taken out his reactor core. By the end of the movie, I'd say cap is still too afraid to admit it to Tony's face, but he'll get there soon enough. He leaves the phone in case the full might of the Avengers is ever needed.

you know you cracked up

Something about that's niggers eyes are just unsettling
And his chin is kinda narrow

overall the movie was pretty gud.
was bit more serious tone to it instead of lel humor most of the time.

>It wasn't though. Most of the Avengers are now wanted by about every nation on Earth and it's been nearly cut in half.
It doesn't solve the problem though.

No,it's the scene where Falcon asks Panther if he likes cats.

The action scenes are great, the movie is well-paced, the dialog is clever without being overly-reliant on quips and one-liners like when Whedon is calling the shot.. the big problem here is the plot.

This isn't registration vs non-registration.. This is Iron Man's misplaced guilt vs Cap is always right and perfect.. and the political thing they are arguing over is whether or not they should sign themselves over to the UN so a bunch of useless politicians can tell them what to do.

Bucky gets blamed for blowing up the UN meeting, even though they can pretty easily prove he wasn't even there, so Cap goes to prove his innocence and Iron Man decides he fucking hates everyone, so he tries to arrest Cap without listening to him.

Turns out the entire thing is a plot by Baron Zemo, who was a Sokovian soldier or some shit, to tear apart the Avengers by making them fight each other, through framing Bucky.. who also, incidentally, killed Tony's parents who.. incidentally, were transporting the Winter Soldier serum, which was used to make 5 other soldiers who were even more dangerous than Bucky. Zemo locates a Hydra agent who has a book with Bucky's codewords in it and uses it to command him to start some shit after he's captured.. Only hitch is that Zemo is only able to do this by posing as the Pschologist the the UN called in to analyze Bucky after he was captured.. at no point did anyone look at Zemo and realize he wasn't an elderly, balding, german man like the photo they had of the guy.. whom Zemo killed and replaced at the lockdown facility where Bucky was held

There's some plotholes big enough for Giant Man to fit through with plenty of room to spare, but that doesn't stop the movie from being enjoyable. Also, Spidey is pretty great. Hands down, best version of Spidey we've ever had on the big screen.

Buckle up bucko, we got Suicide Squ-…

Sorry, I mean, Dr. Strange next.

It won't end ever

We'll have to endure another fucking decade+2 before there's a forseeable end to it

I want another Batman and Robin already, for fucks sake

I don't know man, Spiderman 2 is still the best superhero movie ever made.

Terrible plot, sleep-walking delivery, basic camera angles, and a shitty main fight.

Reminds me of Avengers 2.

Also, Spidey is literally an autist in this, as Tony develops the adjusting eyes to help him "focus".

Once again OP shows what an unbelievable faggot he is.

It's the best superhero movie yet

Hey, that's cool, how come the have not done that before

It works a little too perfectly and required Zemo to know that Cap would betray all of his friends for Bucky, that Iron Man wouldn't listen, that no one would compare Zemo's photo to the psychiatrist that was supposed to show up, that Vision and Wanda would have some tension, that Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Falcon, War-Machine, and all the rest would go along with this.. and that the entire thing would end in a massive fight between all the supers..

The only part where he fucks up is he expects Iron man and cap to kill each other. They don't.

Why is blaming the super heroes for stopping the shit super villains did still considered a legitimate plot point?

How would signing over their ability to act to the whims of the UN have stopped Loki from unleashing an alien army, or made Hydra not unleash 3 deadly helicarriers, or stopped the Hulk from being Hulk, or made a crazy evil robot not try and drop a country from high orbit?

None of these things would have turned out better if there was extra bureaucratic bullshit stopping them from deciding to save the day?

it's the same fucking thing from the comic
Tony backs the registration because some random bitch blames him for her son's death and spits on his face and Tony, thinking of all the shit he did while drunk, caves in under the pressure and starts shilling the Reg Act
and Cap IS right, the team Iron man motivations are pretty retarded, it's just that it looks less clear this time around because Tony isn't fucking Hitler and seems a bit more reasonable

still, siding with the same government that wanted him to give them all his equipment and that tried to destroy Manhattan with all of them in it while they were still trying to defeat the Chitauri was pretty fucking stupid but it's Tony "I'll tamper with an alien AI even though I saw what it could do in Loki's hands and everyone around me has been telling me, repeatedly, not to do it because it could be dangerous" Stark so I'm not surprised at all

to quote the Green Goblin "And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you."

Perfect truly is the enemy of good.

I think it was Cap that says it was just a means of "shifting the blame" and not actually reducing collateral damage.

Tony supported it out of guilt and Cap was against it because it was bs. In the movie, Tony does realize that it's bs, but he can't just leave by the time he does. War Machine missed out on a lot, so he's still pozzed, which probably means that Tony will feel guilt towards supporting the new rules.

I thought it was mostly a moderately fun movie, but I do have a series of gripes with it.

1) It's too much of a fucking Avengers movie. It really didn't feel like it was about Cap all that much. I expected that walking in, but I still don't care for that.
2) The main reason why they fight isn't demonstrated at all in the movie. Tony decides everyone should sign up to work under the authority of globalist bureaucrats so that oversight can be in place. Oversight in the movie evidently takes the form of Secretary Red Hulk saying that Tony can basically do whatever the fuck he wants for 36 hours. Because Cap wouldn't take up this oversight which somehow stops civilians from becoming collateral, they all clearly had to fight.
3) Zemo is lame. His plan is lame. His russian is so strongly accented (or bad) that I do not believe him reading those words could possibly reactivate Bucky's MK-ULTRA style programming.
4) Propaganda out the ass. London is half-black, Cap's speech was given to a character without 1/20th the gravitas, 22 fucking Africans being the straw that breaks the camel's back, Women vastly overperforming in combat, etc.
5) Too many characters with a snarky personality. It's more of a problem of the MCU in general.
6) A lot of the movie's attempts at humor (for example the reaction shot to Cap kissing Sharon) fell flat for me.

Oh yeah and pointless civilian property damage is high. Go ahead and take out that Air Traffic Control tower. That can't possibly result in millions of dollars being lost by the airport and commerce to be significantly negatively impacted. No you need to destroy all the cars you can to win your dick-weighing fight.

this annoyed me so much. they even felt the need to make it about feminism specifically, just to please the SJWs.

Just like real life

Nigger I will fight you

I share your opinion.

It is convincing because it's true.
Black panther was alright, better suit than spidey I think, but the diversity wewuz shit and "the vengeance consumed you so I'll be the spiritual noble savage negro" felt forced, too (as it is in the comics, tho, but I didn't expect more). Spidey was good, though I didn't like his suit.

Yes, I thought that it was lower than WS but not super horseshit like Ultron. It has spy-ish elements, and action. Those I like. I'd have liked more spy and politics shit, though, but that's just me and I recognize it.

hahaha

I've got a bone to pick with you

In terms of movie spideys, Tom Holland is definitely better than emo faggot and hipster faggot

those were Wakandian dindus, you dingus
of course it'd be a problem when the mary suest, most selfish and arrogant country in the fucking universe loses citizen at the hands of some lowlifes from the outside world

I don't agree with most of what you said but I respect your opinion on the movie

Hawkeye is a total bro

Cap and his team are being persecuted already, they really don't need to worry too much about it, it's Stark's team who should be trying to keep it at a minimum but end up making it worse, especially because of that tower when half of them can chase them on the air and, since Cap and Bucky can't fly, they'd be an easy target but no, let's destroy things because it looks cool

movie Tony wasn't as hard to relate with
even though his motivations were sill pretty fucking retarded and half of it was his fault, he was a bit more reasonable and understandable

the truly shocking thing is that there's people who actually side with comic Tony
now that is where you begin to wonder how brain dead all those people are

I wasn't bothered by it. The speech served its purpose: giving Steve a sense of direction during an emotional moment. It would've sounded ridiculous coming from him anyway.

Keep in mind they're trying to sell the movie to China

And you're not allowed to make films portraying mutiny, revolution and shit, at least the sort that can challenge the CCP.

I saw the Civil War in theaters and I thought it was great. I was really scared at that scene where the assassin was going to kill Lincoln but then Lincoln was like, "Not today punk." Lincoln was probably the best president and we could not have won the Civil War without him….

So I have to disagree with OP, I like that all the good guys survived at the end and the KKK was defeated, but they left enough questions that could be answered by a sequel.

;-DDDDDDDDD

those trips are wasted on you

ITT

They're the same kind of people who think government regulation is the solution to everything, regardless of the problem and its far-reaching implications. Needless to say, those people are as unironic as the label sheeple gets.

He is.

Honestly if Bucky had died shortly after the bombing, the villain wouldn't have been able to get into the facility to get the tapes from the mission. And if Bucky was dead, even if the villain had gotten the tapes, Tony would have just been like "well it's good to know the guy who did it is dead" and that'd be the end of it.

Bucky is saved from death twice before he is brainjacked by the villain by Cap's doing.

BUTTMAD VS. SUPERMAD
DAWN OF BUST'D ASS

I think Zemo has some affiliation with Thanos, and this disorder he was trying to cause is so that Earth's Defense Force will be incapacitated, allowing Thanos to come in and acquire the Stones with ease. Ideally, the Avengers would've ended up killing eachother; instead, they disbanded, which is still a decent enough result (hence why Zemo replies "Did it? ;)))" when Ross mentions his plan had completely failed.

Thats pretty much the site majority

Fucking casual

Holla Forums > jew/shill
/k/ > noguns
/fit/ > manlet
Holla Forums > filthy casual
/r9k/ > woman
Holla Forums > employed

Im a DC fan and I ==WISH== DC movies had Civil War levels of good and had the same competency. I can't just keep watching Young Justice on fucking netflix for years.

Yeah, why are you surprised. Cuck chan was all murder man theme when it became a thing.

Faggot

Faggot

Faggot spotted.

Outrageous aquaman best aquaman
That's right i said it

It's okay. No one will judge you.

I think Outrageous Aquaman is best Aquaman too.

My argument is that, as retarded as Tony Stark is in the movie, he was much more reasonable and made more sense than Captain "Friend with Terrorists" America. That's the only thing the movie acomplished, and don't know if that is good or bad.

Mah nigga

if someone was paying ANY ATTENTION AT ALL TO THE GUY WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GET AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN GET TO SUCH A DANGEROUS WEAPON, he wouldn't have gottsn that far, at all

which just goes to show thay Cap's right
they they didn't even notice that was not their doctor, how can they be sure someone will never infiltrate the UN and start using them as they personal weapon?

I think that if Bucky had died, Cap would have taken it out on Tony and still split the team based on "You killed the wrong man" and become a criminal when he started calling the UN out on their shit and they go full damage control mode.

I know that I wouldn't want to be part of an easily manipulated organization that issues kill orders at the drop of a hat while ignoring their own due process laws.

It's not fair.

this is my bighest issue with Tony' argument
this is the same government who tried to kill him bombing NY during their fight against the Chitauri
how can he believe in ANYTHING they said after they almost got them all, and a whole city alongside them, nuked out of fear of them losing the fight which was still undecided?

honestly, for being a genius, Stark acts like a complete retard most of the time

Well, yeah, he was more reasonable, but not that much. Still it probably was enough to instill the statist agenda so we can get lead into a communist dystopia by our supreme leaders at Disney Omnicorp among the sheeple that watched this movie without a critic mind

opinion discarded. But before moving on..
I've got the dvd set so yeah.
show was weaker than Young Justice dipshit.
That's on Netflix? It was good. I'll check it out now.
I do. If you mean pre-son of bat movies that were actually good.

faggot

It was okay. Better than Avengers 2, not as good as Cap 2. Really they just fucked up by making Ultron the big bad in Avengers 2, no one gives a fuck about Ultron. Thanos needed to be the bad guy in Avengers 2 as was the original plan, Cival War needed to be Avengers 3 and since that's the last movie in Chris Evans' contract you could have killed him at the end to lend the whole saga TON more weight. Maybe afterwards Bucky gets an arm transplant from his corpse so he doesn't have to run around with that goofy CGI arm anymore when he's Cap.

The reason Cap is the best Avenger and has the best movie series is partly because he's the only fucker there that's not CGI. Everything he does has weight because it's an actual human being doing that shit.

So what now?
3 more spider movies?
A hulk movie?
A new thor?
Antman 2?
And then gotg 2 and infinity war
How many of these fucking movies wilI there be

Nailed all of it breh. Speaking on the romance thing, wasn't the original plan for Cap to hook up with some waitress chick he saved in the battle of New York played by the little girl from Growing Pains or did I dream that shit? The scene got deleted but as I understand it she was going to be the original love interest.

Idiot liberals won't accept this argument for gun control, why the fuck would they accept it for superheroes? You're not thinking like a normalfag.

user I think you fail to realize that there is no endgame here, the only goal is "make more money", and that can continue indefinitely as long as these films continue to make a profit.

I know you're right

The capeshit has to stop.

Did anybody watch Iron Man 3?

Isn't that waitress is a voice-actor for pic related?

I did, the past part when Stark fought without Iron Man suit, gave me first Iron Man vibe, but everything else is shit.

I did, but I fell asleep when that annoying as fuck kid popped up, and I don't remember anything before that.
What a shitty fucking movie.

No. You're thinking of Terra. She also played Gretchen Grundler

I think he's probably the best part of the movie, but considering the past 4-5 years of movie spidey that's not a hard task

Black Panther and Spidey were the best parts of the movie. Really Tom Holland is the best and most whole Spider-Man performance of the three. I hope he keeps up the good work in Homecoming.

The Russo Bros are the best thing to happen to the MCU.

Hell, Hank backhanded his wife once and he was off his rocker too and they never leave it alone.

Well, they put the Inhumans movie on hold. Which hopefully means it gets cancelled.

It's pretty good, and the hero fight scene will expand dong. Is it the future Oscar winner for Best Picture? Oh hell no. Expect the usual summer action flick and you'll be happy.

Getting there. They'll probably be dating by the third Avengers movie.

mfw

I was hoping they would fight the UN, thought would have been cool, but no, just action and mkultra propaganda, such a lame ending, i guess the fighting is cool.