Libertarian island state thread

what would your main source of power be for your libertarian island state? i'm starting to think that getting power from the tides could be the most efficient.

Getting power from the tides is just a cool idea because it's basically moon-powered.

Tides & Wind would be the best in almost every island scenario.
Wind is an easy one, you are at the water, wind flows in and out from land regularly.
Tides also cause some wind, which on a smallish island would mean loads of calm but persistent winds. (small-scale wind farms would be best here, not massive ones)
Tides will also be regular, and on an island scale, could be put pretty much around the whole island.

Solar if you are around the equatorial regions.
If you have some shallow waters, in addition to the tide generators, you could build platforms above them to hold solar panels.
Keeps them away from the land.

If it has a volcano, geothermal could provide you with some energy and possibly even prevent the volcano erupting if you remove enough heat from it quickly enough. (a scenario suggested to prevent Yellowstone erupting, but the park won't allow it, fucking retards)
Although geo is a very hard one to do, and equally on a volcano is very hard.

Biofuels.
Islands in general were mostly created from volcanic flows, unless it is around shallow waters, in which case it was old mountains and hills that are now below water because the polar caps have been melting since the last ice age.
Volcanic land is stupidly fertile for growing.
Would make good fuel-growing land.
But I would rather not go near this at all since limited land space will equally limit your population.
Digging out shallow waters could help expand the islands size, on that general theme. But then you won't be able to have nice cosy water shacks.

I'm curious, are we suggesting that each citizen/family would own a personal power supply method for their property, or would corporations provide power?

Either way, nuclear is probably the most space efficient method plus water for cooling would be easily accessible

One that's easily monopolized.

It would be like in 21 Balloons.

There is no power source in major use which is easily monopolized. Sorry Holla Forums. Even the oil companies had a huge bitch of a time gaining fractured partial control of various regions.

In this hypothetical island it could be possible that one company could take total control. If the island was small enough that is

No it couldn't. Name your power source.

I understand that it is completely impossible in the real world. but in this "magical libratarian island" a monopoly could exist if it was truly isolated and had only one source of power.

Name the power source.

Your own solar panels on your own roof, you would counter any monopole if you produce your own energy.
Sorry Holla Forums you can't have a monopolist in the energy sector anymore.

Hence why I was arguing it was impossible, you moron.

tbf if it was small enough for one company to control everything it would be small enough for people to just do shit locally

That's true, I hadn't considered that.

power to the people

>>>/krillcen/

Distribution can certainly be monopolised though. Whoever owns the roads has the final say on who can run cables under (or over) them. Good luck getting power to your building against the wishes of the road company.

Yeah I'd go Anarchocommunist personally but probably tides or wind.

I hate people like this. Go away you no imagination having loser.

nuclear. preferably a thorium reactor

common rights and agreement
set it up so that when you buy in on property part of the expense goes to funding for energy and establishment for shares of a common property (organized similarly to a CIC)
no guns to force you to pay in, just the private owner of the island working it in to your share of land should you openly choose to buy in, and even giving you a kickback for the trouble
under a mutual ownership (not one crazy rich dude but several moderately wealthy dudes) this could instead be put forth as an open buy-in with immediate funding for establishing civilization and structure on the island
still no guns enforcing it, and mutual interest rather than profiteering.

this goes as far as the edge of the properties and buyouts of road sections could be organized
throw enough money at a troublemaker that it is worth more to them than the trouble they caused and they go away
alternatively, the libertarian solution would be to refuse the 'road company' service, access, and resources, similarly to how they refused you service, access, and resources in their "final say". when they have to choose between comfortable survival and their monopoly, it gets pretty rough to keep on the monopoly, independent and conflicting roadsystems are made on non-monopolized land, cables are strung far above between private properties rather than below.

also the glaringly obvious fact that a 'private road company' would have to be mutually funded by many citizens or even almost every citizen who wants to drive, so there would be not mean nasty evil 'road company', unlike the state.
other than toll roads, unlikely on a small island, there is no true benefit to road and infrastructure. however, as people do indeed like to drive and might have cars shipped over for use and purchase, there's reason to believe people will organize despite that.
natural order in a stateless society can occur, I feel certain even as I feel wary because it's one of the few things that "hasn't been tried" in millennium of lord-kings and godheads

I shouldn't even click on threads with more than 1 reply, they make me feel completely inadequate.

crabs

hydro, powered by wind. turbines direct drive (no electricity) water to a height, falling water drives turbine.

Libertarian, or """libertarian"""?

If you are founding a nation without significant financial backing you are going to be reliant on fossil fuels for a couple of decades while you build an economy capable of supporting higher outlay generation.
The end goal of all nations should be 4th / 5th generation nuclear.

All power flows from the barrel of a gun. You fucking libtard.

In my fantasy I do. But regardless…

The end goal of all nations should be 4th / 5th generation nuclear.
You don't think that's setting the standard sort of low? In my libertarian island-state scenarios I assume that there's no indigenous people to worry about. With land it's a blank slate and it seems to me things could progress quickly. Seems like you could start attracting some high value-added manufacturers and financial institutions fairly quickly, and do a crowd-funding type thing for a new stock exchange or other infrastructure.

I would use a form of power generator that uses counter-rotating magnetic hydraulic containers of liquid mercury, crystal microchips, hydrogen-helium fusion, and a form of sentient self-aware higher dimensional consciousness that has yet to be invented and discovered scientifically, all hosted inside an aether vacuum underground facility, with anteair antegravity pulse defenses, and long mechanical tentacles to bring volenteers inside for 'testing'

But I would also keep a crab with scissors for claws to protect it from the US govt. because those sweaty slippery bastards are shady AS
FUCK

Reversed, this shit comes right out of a nightmare.

kryptonite

Are you fucking retarded?
I mean really
Are you fucking retarded?
Don't respond if you can't read the thread you worthless nigger. I have no imagination because I'm challenging the notion that any power source can and must be monopolized? Will you please fucking kill yourself for being this stupid?

Firstly, Rand wasn't actually a libertarian. Secondly, read her body of work before shilling. I bet you don't even get paid for that.

Hit your head with a hammer, it will improve you.

this
most of you are just running on memes

I don't care Kennedi loves Karl Marx, I would just kiss her feet and tell her I was a stupid goy man.