Well 2016 is almost over...

well 2016 is almost over, what was your favorite movie of the year or the movie you thought you wouldnt like but turned out to be pretty good?

I had real low expectations for this movie with Chris Pine not being in space or Jeff Bridges playing anyone but the dude but this modern western surprised me,

This, best movie I've watched in months. Was going to start a thread about Fauda but might as well just post it here: best series of the year hands down.

The Neon Demon, I guess.

its in my top 5 for the year for sure, did you think you would like it going in? i had low expectations after watching the trailer.

QT3.14 AS FUCK
Source?

Didn't know anything about it going in but was hooked by first episode, binged the whole thing in 2 sittings. Knew it would wind up portraying the israelis as more sympathetic (starting around midway through) but they still came off as a bunch of degenerate psychopaths.

Can you read?

Globalism propaganda aside this was a beautiful and intelligently written film that had me on my head after the plot twist.

forgot image

haven't watched a single movie made in 2016

Deadpool

Mainly because of Morena

fucc reddit. That's a legitimate post and a legitimate reason why i liked deadpool

She has a very attractive face.

Arrival
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Dr. Strange

Globalism is sort of zig-zagged in Arrival. The countries' relations do improve at the end, but not as much as in these movies, and it's implied all they did was stave off war for a bit.

Also, the film seems to be implicitly pro-Western; the Chinese way of handling things (particularly when it comes to culture and language) is not painted very nicely.

I think the last Movie I saw around release was Pirates of the Carribean 4.

Now I just watch trailers because they give you the whole movie in 3 minutes.

there weren't any good movies this year. any movie made after 1973 is automatically complete shit

of braisings dogs! :DDD

The movies from [current year] that I saw were Hacksaw Ridge, The Wailing, Neon Demon, and Into the Inferno. I liked all of them. My favorite was probably Hacksaw. I have been meaning to check out Hell on High Water for a while now.

Sorry I mean [current year] +1 ;)