Star Trek Thread - We Wuz Kangs Edition

Rewatching the TNG, why are Federation Admirals such hotheads?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

From the admiral's point of view it's the non-feddies who are hotheads

I wonder, do they shoot a man before throwing him out of an airlock?

Eat a bullet.

Are you literally a faggot that just wants to bitch about everything?

No. Are you literally a faggot who thinks that everything needs to be general threads with "clever" edition titles?

So you are just autistic?

You mean:
Why phaser a man before transporting him off the ship?

I need your list of Star Trek episodes with the most political bullshit possible so I can get my space politics fill. The more politics the better.

Hardmode: no feelsy politics like the space indians and their ancestral home for muh trail of tears allegory.

The First Duty
Unification, Part I & II
Ensign Ro
Redemption, Part I & II
The Mind's Eye
The Drumhead
First Contact
The Wounded
Reunion
The High Ground
The Defector
The Neutral Zone

The most red pilled episode.

Even more hilarious when you consider they chimp out and go after their white women

TNG was such pretentious trash when Roddenberry was still alive running it and only somewhat less so after he croaked. Every planet these fuckers visited was always something for them to judge and look down on "look at those barely human shits not being remotely liberal or understanding of modern earthling ideals as defined by lord Roddenberry". DS9 was perfection in regard of how it handled interplanetary/alien relations with the type of conflict and anti-globalist sentiment you'd get when beings from different worlds gather to be pissed off at one another while still only accepting each other as comrades who would rather keep their cultures distinct.

DS9 was very red pilled.

Anyway anyone got any news on this future abomination?

why do federation ships just keep getting uglier?

They based it off of concept art for the original Enterprise, so basically they are playing to the nostalgia of old diehard fans.

In short Meme'ber berries

Forgot my other image.

Last major news I heard was that Bryan Fuller stepped down, and it was pushed back to May. And some ugly gook from Crouching Tiger, hidden Dragon is rumored to play some part.

So China Trek?

This is her. It says on imdb, that she plays someone named Captain Georgiou.

I thought it was supposed to be the new Enterprise for the The Motion Picture(1977)?

3rd pic is her.

I just realized something from my post. The new ship is gold colored, a nigger Lt. Cmdr is the main character, Apple releases gold colored iphones. Niggers love gold.
WE WUZ KANGZ

I suspect there will be a lot of diversity

It's some scrapped design from Ralph McQuarrie from the 70's. There is a reason why some designs don't not used - they are shit. I think someone from the STD production said, that the final design might change somewhat, because it received a backlash from the internet.

If a Star Destroyer raped the Enterprise you get that thing.

Is it from the Star Wars Trek or Star Trek Wars?

In the Pale Moonlight

I like these old designs better than the 'modernized' version they are using for STD.

After just getting into Season 2 I have come to the conclusion that Starfleet were just pantshittingly retarded.

or

Literally 99% of all the life threatening situations they find themselves in are avoidable. Also death to Wesley

Where would be the fun in that? All of them are insane thrill seekers, otherwise they would be high on holocabin drugs back on the core worlds.

I'm still mad they had two different episodes of them hinting Wesley was going to fuck off to Starfleet Academy before they finally did it.

Just sad that Wesley was never killed off with a horrible crippling and agonizing flesh eating virus

it's as much as we're gonna get

Didn't season 2 recycle scripts and plot ideas from old Star Trek? Old Star Trek always had the universe full of things trying to kill unimaginable amounts of people.

kek

I would've shoved his ass out into cold space in the first episode if I wrote the show.

All Star Trek ships look like ass. Liberals can't design anything right.

That's actually one of the jokes in DS9

what's the deal with the rules of acquisition?
aside from the first 8 or so, every other one is just some buddha-like garbage quote that doesn't serve any real purpose

Seem more like guidelines honestly.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition

Reads like the true Torah.

It seems like they make up them on the fly to justify their bullshit. Like how kikes bend their own divine laws to suit the situation.

They adapated the Talmud for /tv audiences.

17. A contract is a contract is a contract… but only between Ferengi.

or

211. Employees are the rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them.

Yes, the first two seasons had recycled scripts from Star Trek and Star Trek Phase Two.

People rip on the first two seaons of TNG but I think they have a certain charm. The weird shit, the morality plays, the planets with the pink or green sky(classic Trek design), the weird monsters. I think sort of bad episodes with something new or different are better than solid episodes with soap opera "character development" like the love triangle between Deanna choosing between Worf or Beard Cuck. Star Trek sort of died after season two. Q, a great character btw, would have never been put onto TV without Roddenberry. Star Trek is pretty boring when they abandon the fantastical and focus on "realism" or make it "grounded".

>We will never get an episode about Regent Worf carving his Empire which will be called Worf Fortress

Why the fuck is everyone in DS9 or TNG basically space aristocrats? Worf is an orphaned noble Klingon. Quark and his family are very well connected to the Negus, Kira is a high caste Bajorian, Picard's family has an estate and Nobel prize winners, Deanna's mother is a high ranking ambassador for the Federation. So much for meritocracy.

Not everyone.

I'm not a fucking faggot so I never watched these, but why does everyone hate Wheaton's character?

What, so just because they're in high-class society it isn't meritocratical? Why do you think they're there in the first place? Did you not pass high school biology?

He's an orphan from a disgraced family who had to claw his way to the top to be accepted by his own people.

Not at the start of the series, and they only become connected to him because their mom starts fucking him. Quark says frequently his father didn't have the lobes for business and bemoans only owning a bar when he has a cousin who "owns an entire moon". Incidentally, that guy loses the moon through the course of the series.

She's a reputed terrorist.

You're attributing them as nobles because they own a plot of land? Climb off it, they sell wine in a world where every manner of food can be synthesized for free.

And Deanna's a half-breed constantly at odds with her mother who's powers are so weakened from being mixed that she can only sense emotional intense rather than reading thoughts.

Besides, that's the fucking flagship. What fucking nobles were there on Voyager? Half the crew were Marquis, the helmsman was let in to get out of his prison sentence.

He's one of the first major mary sues to appear on network television, for one thing. Roddenberry modeled his character after his grandson, even naming him such. After that every time we see him he's being remarked as special, gifted, unique, etc. Despite not having gone through Starfleet Picard eventually lets him be helmsman. Picard first met Wesley sitting in the captain's chair.

In the "shut up, wesley" scene, it turns out of course, that Wes was right and the adults were wrong for ignoring him.

He eventually goes to Starfleet where he becomes a star cadet getting onto Red Squad, the one time he disagrees with Picard it's in effort to protect Red Suad after they fuck up, but in the end he confesses, and the later takes the blame and goes to jail (it was supposed to be the same character who became helmsman on Voyager, I forget why they had to change his name.)

Wesley then begins developing super powers inexplicably while a strange alien is on the ship, and finally leaves the show ascending to fucking godhood.

After that it's mostly that Wheaton himself is fucking insufferable.

Tom Paris' father was an Admiral. Getting out of prison is basically special treatment. Starfleet prison looked cushier than a current year Nordic prison. Breivik complains about not getting a PS3.
Kira is still high caste even though she was a terrorist.
Picard says in First Contact that the accumulation of wealth is not the driving force of humanity. Why does he have an estate in his family for generations? Picard is an old school European noble who's privilege transferred into the Federation.

They did not want to pay a royalty fee to the writer, or whoever, for the character, "Tom Paris", that went to prison in the Wesley Starfleet Academy accident episode.

Wheaton is a massive cuck.

in a single episode (maybe two if you count the season one traveler) he saves the injuns from the evil oppressive federation and figures out how to become a Q without being in the Q.

i'm actually surprised wesley didnt intervene and fix every problem ever faced in all the movies and series afterward

Roddenberry modelled the character after himself. Wesley was his middle name

Obviously. I said his character, Wesley.

Wait, really? I'd always heard it was his grandson. That's so much worse. Grandson sounded sort of sweet and understandable, but he's his fucking self-insert?

He really did have autism, didn't he? Those jokes about Data being a stand-in character for autistics, and Deanna's "super power" being able to tell what other people are feeling is something someone with autism would come up with were right.

Someone post the little comic about Data and autism

Have it from the horse's mouth

I don't know if Roddenberry had any grandsons at the time of making TNG. His son has a son, but he's three years old. One of his daughters, the one who died, had two children but there's no information on their names or when they were born. Wesley Crusher is Gene Roddenberry through-and-through

Star Trek and police militarization.
Was there anything Gene couldn't do?