What is your opinion on this movie?

What is your opinion on this movie?

I only saw it once, and it seemed like they were trying to see how much pubic zone they could show on a greased up male actor.

GAY

No, but seriously, they basically cut out all the good and kek-worthy stuff, kept all the faggy shit, and then pozzed up whatever remained that wasn't sufficiently faggy enough.

For one, Achilles' death is way funnier in the Illiad.

For one Achilles' death isn't in the Illiad you American

Better than Gladiator and any other sword and sandal epic they've made since Gladiator.

Hektor is displayed as noble as he was in the legend. Achilles is beautiful to look at and somewhat appeals to the narcissist in us. They don't make him as much as a Sociopath as he was in the original story/history though (I guess to make him look more likable?)

Agamemnon is dead on. A complete asshole, a pig, greedy as fuck, and a warmonger.

The Choreography is extremely well done, especially the scenes featuring Akhilleus in combat. The Hektor vs Akhilleus scene stands as one of the best combat duos I ever saw in film. Although the real battle was pretty simplistic, they decided to go all off in that fight. And it worked like a motherfucker!

I'll admit this, as much as I loved James Horner's score, he does the typical rehashing from other film scores he did. For example, you will hear a lot of Enemy at the Gates music kind of up-stepped and remade (Look at the Achilles leads the Mymidones scene and you will recognize it).

Yeah but they took the whole Achilles and Patroclis fag love bullshit out of this film. And I'm happy they did. Homo faggotry ruined the film Alexander.

Sup 20th century. Read the book you failure

We're in the 21st century you stupid cunt.

… wow

Yeah. We're almost 17 years in as of now. Don't worry Stalin and Mao died in the last century.

It was alright, but the only people I actually wanted to die didn't die (Orlando Bloom and his gf).

No it wasn't.

I read the original script to Gladiator. I wanted to shoot myself. The movie was better updated. But the moral themes were mostly "oh yeah that one again".

While you can argue that Troy was the 2nd Gulf War as the moral theme, it was still unique to watch.

Paris wasn't all that bad. Just a little naive. Aganemnon was a piece of shit, both in the story and the movie.

Dude's a selfish little faggot. Hector was the only likeable character in the movie, his only mistake was not sailing Helen back home, and then tossing Paris overboard and making him swim home.

There were several literature writings made about Achilles friend. Some call him a good friend, the others call him a fag, but my modern accounts he was a sociopath. He did cross dress though. All his mother's fault.

Agamemnon was the asshole. He was going to push for war against the Trojans no matter what. Even if a peace was settled, the greek faction would have still attacked the Trojans under Aggy's leadership.

If I remember correctly, Paris was promised Hellen from the goddesses themselves. The gods saw to manipulate both sides and thus caused all those deaths.

yfw the real assholes were the gods as Achilles said they envy us.

CURRENT CENTURY

Whatever. Like I said there are several literary works written on Achilles, all of them portraying his relationship with Pat on different levels. Faggotry and boy loving was running lose in Greek society.

Faggotry was between teacher and student not between childhood friends
There's a reason I told you to read the book

Yeah, but Paris didn't need to hand him a fucking excuse on a silver platter. That way Agamemnon got a shitload of Greeks to sail with him to "go get those asshole Trojans for spitting on our friendship like that" otherwise he would have had a way harder time riling up people to go attack the Trojans. Certainly not 10000 ships like he did.

He may have been promised, but he still should have had enough brains to realize what this would result in. In the movie it's even less forgivable because there are implied to be no gods in that version.

Which fucking book? There's a reason why I said there are so many literature writings on him. The Illiad, Plato's Symposium, Xenophon's Symposium, The Myrmidons, Virgil's writings on him, The Metamorphoses? Some of them point to him being a fag.

So let's not hate on Mega-Asshole because his side eventually wins and he holds more power, but let's beat up on the smaller guy because we can. Yeah no. You can't defend Aggy. One could somewhat defend Paris (at least the movie version) but Aggy was a total cunt-nugget. An asshole that also sacrificed his own daughter to get success in sailing and war. Seriously fuck Agamemnon.

I am glad Wolfy left out the gods. It would be too silly in movie form of this type. It would be proto-Thor.

The Illiad you down syndrome

There can be more than two assholes in a conflict, you know.

Hell naw, movie Paris was a horny teenage moron who was too immature to keep it in his pants. Like I said, no gods, no excuse.

Ok, but is that's the only source you'll go by? Let's learn about Jesus only from the Book of Daniel while we're at it.

The Illiad/Odyssey shows them as good friends. Achilles is awkwardly more loving towards Patro than other people, including women, which is just weird. He also attempt to rape Troilus, who is a boy, as well. Yeah Achilles by that alone is a huge faggot (in literature)

He's also a necrophiliac if that tells you what he's capable of.

basically us

It's the only book of Homer about him. Everything else is fanfic. And this thread is about Troy. If we take into account all the other writings about him we won't come out with a coherent characterisation.
Though I agree the classical conception of the character includes more sources. I don't find it fitting for the thread though.
Nor do I find the characterisation as gay correct from the Illiad

As long as you're not a fedora my friend, your chances are better.

Logically, I'm a pretty decent catch. Guess I need to get out more.

Including Achilles dying?

I mean, he didn't technically die in the Illiad, did he?

I saw this at least twice and somehow I've enjoyed it. Too bad it lacks mythical stuff, but I think it doesn't really deserve all the hate it gets. Note that this was more than 8 years ago, so maybe I'm wrong…

You come off as a bit autistic through text tbh

Achilles wasn't a faggot
Trying to use Jesus as an example of a character who we should look at multiple sources for doesn't help your argument since there are so many wildly different versions of him from whipping jews to turning the other cheek
Which do you prefer?

Anyway the discussion is all pointless since its trying to attribute modern pozzed thinking to a character who was a created by a man 1000s of years ago in arguably a completely foreign society

Yes. That's why I said the general Idk the right word "full" conception of Achilles includes other sources I just rate them secondary to the Illiad.

The only thing good about this movie is watching Brad Pitt being utterly destroyed by an actual actor in a scene.

I saw it only once but I remember that it dragged on forever.

YOU SACK OF WINE!

damn..

Except when Achilles' mom sees him.

Like people do in real life (sounds like an awesome guy if you ask me). Listening to rock and classical I guess would make me different versions for future scholars eh?

You're thinking of Guardians of the Galaxy young man.

Eternal Life…Take it! It's on sale!

I liked it a lot.

The guy with the gasleak laugh was right. The troyans acted like savage sandniggers!