youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice triple dubs

Thanks babe

kidkino tbqh

Posting the superior version.

It's a cartoon so yes

Check them

Without resorting to nationalistic bullshit, prove that it isn't.

You can't

According to /a/ it has to be made in japan to be anime. But in Japan wouldn't they call it anime because that's their word for animation?

They probably call western animation cartoons or "ka-ru-tu-no".

Nobody gives a fuck what /a/ thinks. Especially not Japan.

Agreed sempai

But I thought a lot of anime was done in Korea? Also, I thought at least the actual animation of Avatar was done in Korea.

you're on to something. /a/ btfo

Nope, this picture here says Japan should own Korea. UN btfo

No, it's western cartoon
>>>Holla Forums

Pathetic

Watching you sperg never gets old.

No. It's art.

But it was on television when I watched it.

I just realized who you remind me of.
Years ago there was this piece of shit tripfag on cuck/v/ who would go into every thread he deemed off topic and would sage it over and over without fail, despite having literally zero effect on anything.
You are the Holla Forums poleesh.
You have no control. Have fun with your impotence though.

No one cares about your boring oldfags stories. Post something useful for once.

I have a boner, do you want to use it?

So that's a "no" on the good posting then.

Do you really expect good posts in a thread like this?
Do you happen to be a "special" child?

Youre just boring. Try to not be that.

Then post something worth not being boring about.

I think most people would, but it's equivalent to people in America calling both Avatar and Dragon Ball Z "animation." It doesn't mean they're considered the same thing and that people don't see the differences.

Avatar is anime-inspired but nowhere close to being anime.

Work can get outsourced to Korea and other places, but only bits and pieces and usually grunt work. The vast majority of the work is done in Japan.

HITTLE HAS DEEMED THIS A DUBS THREAD
Check 'em

I AM BUT A SIMPLE MEME FARMER TENDING MY GETS

Best girl coming through.

is this anime?

No, but those a dubs.

WHY IS KEK BLESSING THIS THREAD?!

Yes. The only thing that's really unusual about it is the character designs.

Yes, even though it's marginally based on some Swedish books by a dyke.

I think it would be classified as "anime" do to it's art direction, even if it is an American television show. I am not a fan of animation myself, Japanese or otherwise, so I might not be the correct person to comment on this subject.

grow up kiddo, watch adult shows like game of thrones

It doesn't look like anime, it looks like something that was loosely inspired by anime. There's also more to anime than just the character design.

DUBS THEAD GOING STRONG

Except most anime /a/ watches is made in Korea.

IT'S MANCHKO YOU FUCKING DOGS

NANKING NEVER HAPPENED GOREAN PENNISULA IS NIHON CRAY

Only bits and pieces of anime are outsourced overseas. Most of it is done in Japan.

Where does this meme come from that anime is made in Korea? I keep seeing it everywhere.

It came from Korea, the same place that makes all animes.

Like I just said, this is not true. Just because it's true for American shows doesn't mean it must also be true for anime.

They are all cartoons. Regardless of country of origin.

A cartoon is a specific kind of animation.

All American shows come from Korea?

Almost all of them.

No they don't.

You have no evidence

From the credits on most anime that have the vast majority of the animator credits names in Hangul. The Key Animators will usually be Japanese but almost always the inbetween are gookenese.

The production credits for an American show will almost certainly list at least one Korean studio, but no animators are credited. Meaning that the animation was done by the Korean studio.

You just pay more attention to Korean names when you see them because they're written in romaji. When you look at credits on ANN, it's mostly Japanese names.

You have no evidence

I haven't compiled some kind of statistics on the matter and I'm not going to. But I have looked into the production credits of many shows and it's a near-certainty that it was outsourced to Korea.

This lists quite a lot of projects though:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_Draft_Studios

The question you should be asking is, is it kino?

The greatest of our time:

DESIGNATED SHITTING MOVIE

Technically yes, socially considered no

>>>Holla Forums

Nice meme

Daily reminder that Korra ruined everything.

Are the directors, scriptwriters and the people who do the storyboard from Japan? If yes then it's anime, if no then it's not. If they are from America or France then it's a western cartoon. Saying that something is anime, just because part of it, all the entirety of it was animated by a team from Japan or Korea or Taiwan, means that Swat Cats and G.I. Joe are also anime, because parts of it were done in Japan. Of course, nobody from Holla Forums or /a/ would classify those cartoons as anime.

It's not technically anime. It doesn't look like anime, it's not culturally anime, and it wasn't produced in Japan.

GEE GUYS IT SURE IS GETTING HITLER IN HERE

(Checked)

I've been rewatching this for the first time in a couple of years. Sokka carries Aang's side of the story. Katara and Toph really don't have too much in the way of character development or interesting personalities and the show heavily relies on their cool powers to make up for it. It works for Toph, but on rewatch, Katara comes across as bland and overpowered. Aang himself is a generic reluctant hero, but he's fine.

Zuko's side of the story is pretty good, though his decision to finally join the good guys, and Azula's breakdown both feel rushed and a little inconsistent with what came before.

The action's great, but the final battle is kind of a letdown because Ozai was poorly realised as the ultimate villain.

Still a good show.

Toph has the best personality though.

What's the difference between this show's art style and a Jap anime's art style?

It simply does not look like anime. Maybe people who aren't familiar with anime think it looks the same, but it doesn't.

Don't do that

According to every weeb in this thread, it isn't anime. But it clearly is, they all have big eyes

Betty Boop had big eyes too.

behold, an anime!

Yes, he's a very animated person, and has big eyes. Therefore Steve must be anime. Why can't people figure this out?

Belongs on Holla Forums.

If she weren't a tiny, little girl, she'd come across as insufferable. Her personality works because of how much it contrasts her age and appearance.

Spending your entire life on making these posts on Holla Forums and 4chan must be very rewarding and interesting.

No, but it is a cartoon.

Why? It's animated by koreans and japs. takes place in asia.

it's anime

It's anime sage-kun

Yes, as such it belongs on /a/.

ftfy no need to thank me

ftfy no need to thank me

Why are people still arguing about this? It's obvious that the BO allows cartoons and anime here. The debate was over before it began.

It's a meme and board culture akin to baneposting or orsonposting

Orsonposting is a terrible forced meme. It isn't part of Holla Forums culture.

That doesn't make something anime.

baneposting was a forced meme too. It was one fag repeatedly making the same post over and over for months until it finally caught on with Holla Forums.
Same with orsonposting. it might now have the same broad appeal across the websites but orsonposting is a part of Holla Forums Holla Forums board culture. The same with these /a/ and Holla Forums. It's a meme at this point.

ftfy no need to thank me

ayyy lmao

ftfy no need to thank me

Do you even lift?

It is technically anime. Anime is just moonspeak for cartoons and they consider western cartoons to be anime. Westerners think of anime as only animation produced in grorious nippon.

Um I think you're gay

If you don't want to cum all over a perfect set of abs and lick it off you might just be a faggot.

I don't understand why so many people fall into this semantic trap, thinking that because two things are called the same thing they therefore must be the same thing.

Yes the Japanese often use anime as a shorthand for animation (since it IS short for their pronunciation of the word), but that doesn't mean they consider The Seven Dwarves to be the same thing as Akira, and they're not.

You have already lost this debate anime autist. Stop embarrassing yourself.

How did I lose it? When did you present arguments in favor of the idea that two things are the same thing if they are called by the same name?

When did you present any evidence besides "they are different because I say so"? It's over lad. You lost.

Is kino the same as film?

In Japanese, "hana" means flower. But it also means nose. In Finnish it means faucet, and in Czech it's some kind of slur. This means that all of these things are the same, because they are called by the same name. According to you.

the nose is a type of faucet

checkmate atheists

>ywn hold her
Who is it?

It is possible for foreigners to make anime, it's just very difficult and unlikely.

This was made in Taiwan I believe:
youtube.com/watch?v=T9sWa7n8dsY

I don't know if they had Japanese people on the team though. And I haven't seen it so I don't know if it has some issues, but at least based on the trailers it seems like something that would pass for anime.

There's no issue with Westerners defining anime.

lol anyone can make anime. draw some pictures in sequence and run them in order so there is the illusion of movement. add retarded story. boom, anime.

Very few people outside of Japan have the general level of animation production competence needed, and they don't know how to draw and animate in the same style, they don't know the techniques, they have different animation and filmmaking sensibilities, their culture is different… the only anime we're likely going to be seeing from outside Japan is small fan productions like that Touhou one.

nigger please. anyone can draw some retarded big eyed cartoon trash. get your head out of your ass.

No they cannot and I just explained why they cannot.

you sucked a lot of withered nip cock. anyone can draw that shit and set it in motion. there is no ancient oriental secret to it.

Almost every Western attempt at emulating the character design of anime looks off, the Western animation tradition is completely different from anime, and Westerners are not skilled enough at animation anyway (and even with Korean help, they still need to know how to storyboard things correctly and give the right instructions to the animators).

How is this different from most animes?

Is Korra anime?

The anime industry is the best in the world.

No.

Yes

Based on what?

Cartoon = Anime
Anime = Cartoon

It's anime.

Cartoons and anime are different forms of animation. And Korra isn't a cartoon either.

cartoon is same as anime fag

No. They are different forms of animation.

they are the same

How can they be the same when they are completely different? Aside from both being animation, they have nothing in common.

they are completely the same. you live in delusion.

Cartoon:
youtube.com/watch?v=wM1DgihKHVI
youtube.com/watch?v=1QXDEoVlkAE
youtube.com/watch?v=1YjpAQJirI8

Anime:
youtube.com/watch?v=PhHoCnRg1Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=IP9dFPNuh9A
youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E

Can you explain what makes them the same?

its all moving drawn pictures. nothing different there.

They are made up of countless elements other than being moving pictures. Explain how all those elements are the same.

drawn pictures with voice acting. thats all they are. you are the one trying to make them into something more than what they are. pretty pathetic tbh

They are much more than that. For example the character design and animation styles in them are very different. Again, explain how all of their constituent elements are the same.

no they aren't. they are what they are.

They are. Again, explain how all of their constituent elements are the same. If you cannot explain then you concede that they are not the same thing.

Why don't you explain how they are different? They all are animations, and tell some kind of story.

they are both drawn picture shows with voice acting. they are exactly the same.

Cartoons are based on the idea of theatre and having a stage and performers. They are short Vaudeville-esque films meant to briefly entertain people with exaggerated physical comedy and such.

Anime is based on cinema and shares the same techniques, goals and subject matter. Anime is made in all genres about all subject matter for all audiences in many different styles.

Those are the fundamental differences.

You failed to explain what makes them the same, therefore you admit that they are not.

i explained exactly what makes them the same. you are too autistic to accept it.

You did not. I asked you to explain several times and you were unable to do so.

No but it's kino.

i explained it several times and you were unable to accept it.

You did not. Stop lying.

i did. stop denying truth.

Based on your incredibly broad definition of anime, we can now consider cartoons to be considered a subset of anime. Using fundamental aspects of set theory, I submit that as the subset "cartoons" are in the superset "anime", cartoons are in fact anime.

Ok then, link to the posts where you explained.

I just explained to you the fundamental reasons what makes cartoons and anime fundamentally different. Did you even read what I said?

None of those posts say what you claim they do. They do not explain what makes the constitutent elements of anime and cartoons the same.

the constituent elements are pencils, ink, coloring, paper, a film or digital projector to simulate motion, and human voices. both use these elements. they are the same.

There are many, many, many more constituent elements than those. You did not explain what makes them same.

i did explain. you are simply too invested in your delusions to accept it.

Link me to the posts where you explained.

You're a fucking weeb autist. You gave an incredibly broad definition for anime. They're not fundamentally different, based on your definition, one is simply a subset of the other.

What are these constituent elements you keep referring to? You've yet to outline them, and only made vague references to "theatre" and "cinema", yet another two concepts you clearly don't understand.

i already have. the building blocks are identical between the two. you have made up from whole cloth a distinction that does not exist. perhaps in /a/ this illusion would be coddled but not here.

How am I a weeb? How am I an autist?

I gave a basic explanation of the difference between between cartoons and anime, I was not attempting to define anime.

They are. I explained clearly what makes them fundamentally different. I also posted videos comparing the two.

No. They are both subsets of animation. Neither is a subset of the other.

Everything that makes up cartoons and anime, whether it's animation, sound design, writing, background art, culture or media mix practises.

What was vague about what I said?

How do I not understand them?

Agai, there is much, much more to them than just the basic tools and technologies with which they are made with. You have again, again and again failed to explain how all the other constituent elements of the two are the same.

no there isn't. there are only variations on plot and artistic technique. which is not enough to classify them as separate mediums. your arguments are hollow and worthy of only contempt.

Are you fucking stupid? What makes the sounds used in anime different from the sounds used in cartoons? None of these are enough to classify them as two totally different mediums.

You are all fucking autistic retards falling for an obvious bait thread

Everything about cartoons and anime is different. Their approaches to and understanding of animation on the most basic levels are completely different. The difference between Steamboat Willie and Sound! Euphonium is enormous, and in no way is it possible for you to argue that they are the same thing or just slightly different variations.

Anime, like I said, is cinematic. It uses sound the same way cinema does, which is not how cartoons use sound. Anime also has its own particular style of sound design and stock sound effects mostly heard in comedies. Music between the two is also completely different.

Those were examples, not an exhaustive list of all the things that make up cartoons and anime. But no matter what element you examine, the differences are huge.

Then how exactly does cinema use sound that makes it so special?

no they aren't. the difference is how they are drawn and what plot is used. there is no overarching difference in your example except the way they are drawn and the plot used. certainly not enough to classify as a separate medium.

CORNELIUS MC ASSFART

Cinema does a very wide range of things, like war movies, action movies, drama movies, horror movies, scifi movies and fantasy movies, which all present different requirements for sound design like having tanks and guns that sound authentic, having realistic ambient noises, making sounds reverberate appropriately, and so on. Sound design can be used to create atmosphere or express a character's state of mind. Cartoons are on the level of having cartoon animals hit each other with hammers for five minutes, so they don't have the kind of sound design issues that movies contend with.

I don't know why this even needs to be explained. Surely you have watched movies.

Claiming that Steamboat Willie and Euphonium are the same is equivalent to claiming that Steamboat Willie and live action cinema are the same.

Oh I see, you actually think your cartoons are some kind of expressive art form, meant only for the truly "enlightened". A gun going off is the same regardless of whether it's in a cartoon or a movie. It's not special just because it's in a cartoon where the characters speak japanese.

Anime is an artform and comparable to live action cinema. It's built on the same techniques and principles as live action cinema and has the same objectives. If anime is the same thing as cartoons then live action must be the same too.

There is more to sound design than just something as simple as that, and the sound design considerations of cartoons and cinema–as I just explained–are very different.

Sound! Euphonium has an exterior scene where a loudspeaker makes an announcement. The announcement has a strong echo to it. Why? Because the real location where the scene is set in has the same echo because of its mountaneous terrain. The video series Gunsmith Cats has a specific car the main character drives, and the sounds for it were recorded from the same car. I think they did the same thing for the gun sounds. Occultic;Nine has an exterior scene in the rain where you don't hear just the rain sound, but the sound of the rain hitting umbrellas, which of course produces a different sound. The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki has an episode where the sound is muffled from the main character's perspective to express her sense of disassociation.

And so on.

Sure you were.

Holy shit, you're hopeless.

Technically it is hence why avatar is an anime

It's built on drawing, painting, sound, music and writing and uses the same techniques as cinema for the same ends. Explain how it does not qualify as art.

I agree. That user is silly.
Anime is above an artform. To compare it to art is like comparing pure kinography to flicks, but even then it pales in comparison to the actual gap between anime and art.
I'll just let it speak for itself since it's not something that can be explained.
Observe.

Only the plebbest of plebs would deny that Avatar is anime.

Explain what makes it anime then.

At last I truly see.

Um I don't really have a problem with calling anime an art form. I just wanted to post the supernatrual vid that's been reposted ad naseum on Holla Forums.

thats gay tbh

the weebie?

are we really the ones losing here if the master baiter weeb autist is the one longposting

you sound like a fag dude. try not typing like a fucking retard trying to sound like you know hot things work here.

ain't nothing wrong with calling someone names. what is this, tumblr?

How do I sound like a fag? How do I type like a retard?

Are you guys real or just bots?

the anime autist is an endless barrel of entertainment. i never want him to leave.

you have no evidence tbh

You're trying to make it seem like you're some masterbaiter when in reality you're just losing the argument and trying to put a spin on it.

still no evidence

You can play dumb but I know what you are really up to.

I'm seeing a distressing lack of evidence in your posts friend.

Says the one who started calling people retarded when it was clear his asspie was showing.

I'm saying you're trying to make it seem like you're pretending to be retarded when in fact you're just losing the argument.

I see a lot of you don't have the brainpower to acknowledge anime for what it is. I don't blame you. I see it's just the way you're born. You don't mentally have it in you.
This truly saddens me. I used to think we could all make it, but now I see some of us might not.
Maybe this will help. Please stretch your limp brains to their very limits.

No, I'm aware of what you're saying. You're calling people retarded because you've outed yourself as a faggot.

So you are complaining about me calling someone retarded when you said I'm a "master baiter weeb autist"? And also a faggot. Do you have even the slightest bit of self-awareness?

Yeah okay buddy. You not only lost the argument, but started shitposting in your own defense, and still can't handle it.

I didn't lose the argument, I won the argument. I have not shitposted.

you won no argument. all this time and you still think that endless repetition of the same nonsense equals victory.

I won the argument, which is why you've been diverting the thread away from it.

But that's what you've been doing since you called others retarded.

still under the impression that you are arguing with one person are we? not surprised that you would choose that tack in lieu of admitting defeat

I made those posts in response to your attempts at pretending like you were just pretending to be retarded and le ebin trolling, when in reality you were just losing the argument. It's incredible how much you are complaining about this, which just further proves that no, you weren't pretending to be retarded. You just are retarded.

You are all interchangeable. And why would I admit defeat when I won?

Fufufu…

You think you have won?

Yes. You completely failed to prove your side of the argument and then directed the thread away from the topic.

I think you lost.

I'm never said I was, you're using that as an excuse to ignore counters to your idea of anime being god's greatest gift to mankind, the ultimate art form. I'm also not complaining about anything, you keep posting because you want to feel like you've defeated everyone else, and you simply haven't. You just need to get over the fact that nip cartoons are just that, cartoons. You keep saying that anime has "special" elements involved, but you refuse to actually explain what these elements are.

once again endless repetition of I'm right does not equal victory. it only equals autism

I didn't, as I just explained.

I said in response to

Ok, please tell me what "counters" I ignored.

I simply have.

I already proved this is not true. You could no longer come up with any retorts and just started changing the subject.

I already did. I already explained that anime is based on cinema, uses all the same techniques etc. and that cartoons work very differently. I already said that a cartoon or anime is comprised of many, many elements (such as sound design) and that cartoons and anime greatly differ in all of those areas.

I've proven through argumentation that I am right. Your response was to change the subject.

your response was to change the subject into accusations of trolling and pretend retardation. ironically the only retardation in the thread is your very real retardation.

I never changed the subject, you are blatantly trying to shift blame here. You are also completely ignoring what I was responding to and making it seem like I just randomly called someone retarded.

I've never heard more plebbish fag in all my life.
Watch this and tell me it's "just a cartoon", dumdum.

You keep repeating the same things, regardless of what anyone else tries to point out. You used sound design as an example of what makes anime different from cartoons. So I said sounds are used the exact same way in cartoons, movies, plays, whatever and you simply ignored it and said

Also, here is where you changed the subject:

I didn't ignore it. I explained why you are wrong. To which you had no answer.

You are lying. Blatantly lying. I was responding to . It also wasn't the first time I made such a counter-argument.

Hoho keep replying to yourself. You are scared of replying to real people because I lift heavy weights and will make fun of you. I see how it is. This is a joke board.
I think I will stay.

The first one isn't me and I haven't been replying to myself.

Is this me?

Hoho it will not fool me.

No you didn't.

So you didn't make that post calling someone a retard?

Lying again I see. I explained why you're wrong in , to which you had no response. I also explained before that in .

You are lying about me changing the subject and you are deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

I think the weeb just reverse trolled you niggas into becoming hotheads

Self-proclaimed 2cool4school ironically detached shitposters are getting seriously upset because someone called them retarded in response to their own insults.

I could care less, I just think it's funny he thinks cartoons are serious business. Also, I have nothing better to do

You're the ones who are doing that by being so utterly desperate to "prove" that anime must be the same thing as cartoons.

Hmmhmmhmm…

You have both fallen into my trap.

10/10 kino tbh

No, it's quite clear anime and cartoons are the same. You've been trying to prove anime is somehow above cartoons. But good run though, this was a better autistic spasm than the last thread.

It's quite clear I already successfully argued that they are not.

It is above them for the same reasons that live action is.

Then why do you keep posting to defend yourself? If you've so obviously won, then leave.

If you think you have so obviously won then why don't you just leave? You're the ones who started this in the first place. As usual.

"please leave me alone" cries the little baby.

These kind of spergy threads are the best.

kek

So you are saying live action is either equivalent or inferior to cartoons.

Has fake anime surpassed real anime?

Wait was that really planned?

wtf I thought hollywood liked making money?!

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
Do you have no perception of depth?! he is in front of the car, hopping off flat ground.