Watched this recently, thought it was okay. The voices for most of the characters I thought was alright...

Watched this recently, thought it was okay. The voices for most of the characters I thought was alright, but the voices from the animated one are so memorable that Scarlett Johansson as Kaa and Christopher Walken as Louie stick out like a short thumb. They should've cut the Kaa part out completely honestly, And worse the "I Wanna Be Like You" cover was pretty shit. but yeah Bagheera, Shere Khan, and Baloo weren't bad. And just not as good as the animated one overall.

don't really care about the Beauty and the Beast live-action, and I'm already dreading them doing The Lion King cause you know they will.

Live action lion king is pretty much a go. Jon favreau is set to direct it.

Shame.

oddly though I think Jon Favreau is pretty good. Chef was an enjoyable film.

I don't like how they changed the moral of the story to promote diversity and trannies.

there weren't any hyenas though. :^)

CGI just looks a whole lot more disgusting than 2D animation. I don't mind cgi alone but when you mix it with live action it's jarring.

idk, i'd watch a Great Mouse Detective cgi film. But disney hates their best films.

what about Mary Poppins or Song of the South? those were live action with 2d animation.

Holla Forums sings when?

Yea sure """"live"""" action.

CGI mixed with live action generally is shit.
2d animation with live action is generally good, but since I can't think of any recent movies like that, I will chalk it up to talented animators who have long passed. Most recent one was Space Jam I think.

I'd say that because 3d animation also tries to imitate life it tends to stray into uncanny valley territory, while 2d stays safely in the realm of non-human cartoons. I don't get spasms of discomfort watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but I do when i watch humans acting against a greenscreen like in any big budget Hollywood flick from the past 10 years.

that's fair. There were definitely parts where The Jungle Book's creatures looked off somehow. I thought the wolves weren't that bad personally though, and Bajheera was fine. But yeah, Kaa, Louie, Baloo, and Shere Khan looked strange in places, and so did the majority of the minor characters.

we need it

By wolves I mean Akela and Raksha, the cubs looked fucking weird.

I didn't appreciate them making Shere Khan a member of the alt-right. And I agree about the actors.

Also, how did he survive all those bee stings?

That got me as well.

How is it live action if most of the "cast" is CG?

Probably because it's photorealistic

There was Looney Tunes Back in Action, but that bombed hard and isn't exactly remembered

It's sad really, it felt more like a Looney Tunes movie than Space Jam ever did. Then again, Gremlins 2 from the same director felt more like Looney Tunes than BiA.

Back in Action bombed because the marketing tried to make it seem like more of a vulgar Shrek movie than even the most implied vulgarity of Shrek.