Is there anything more cringy than capeshit trying to incorporate real world issues and social commentary into their...

Is there anything more cringy than capeshit trying to incorporate real world issues and social commentary into their comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit-a-thon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_bias_on_Wikipedia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sure, when the author is too stupid to discuss the issue, so they force lol memes into comics as well.

Yes. When it becomes the only thing that certain people are willing to discuss in relation to said comics.

Could have left it at that.

Oh I dunno, I'd quite like to see some of the old stories of Captain America whoopin' the asses of nawtzees and japs. I bet the Marvel Essentials books begin their reprints in the safety of the silver age, though.
My own "cape" comic (more like Iron Man, but he's stuck in the suit), when I get round to it, is going to feature a hostage rescue from ISIS, told in much the same way.

Someone post the hilarious uncensored edit of that page.

Capeshit incorporating memes

Sorry, I missed these meme - this is actually real, isn't it?

I've been seeing "why people aren't buying comics anymore" articles for like fifteen years, how are they not finally dead yet?

All it takes for a Marvel or DC comic to be worthwhile is about 20,000 copies shipped. Smaller companies manage to get by somehow with numbers consistently in the 5000-10,000 range. With requirements that low, comics are never going to die off for good.

You know, I was too busy laughing/raging at the "mansplaining" retardation to pay attention to the next panel. That tiny widdle Anita Sarkeesian stand-in could punch that guy until the cows come home, but all she ever make him is amused. She should have broken her tiny widdle fists against his manly jaw.

Also, nice to know that Wonder Woman allows the beating of incapacitated prisoners.

yes, capeshit

BIG

BLACK

DINGUS

The painful thing is that's not entirely out of character for him.

That's the joke. Get it?

I'm laughing more than I should, holy shit.

I'm laughing more than I should, holy shit.

Joker kills indiscriminately, for fun, some commentary of the human psych and/or with style depending on the writer. Getting killing down to statistics is boring.

Plus he'll betray any allied super baddie to the point none of DC's bad guys are willing to ally with him.

That explanation would work if it was actually shown that Joker found it boring and not too morally abhorrent for his tastes, which should be impossible by how they keep writing him. And of course, that's implying that Nazi ever did anything morally wrong, which, if you think about it, may be the underlying intent. The problem is that Red Skull is such a morally upstanding person, Joker has to be his opposition.

They will. DC and Marvel will never die though, not completely. Because they're owned by two of the world's biggest multimedia conglomerates.

If selling comics were to become completely unprofitable DC and Marvel would just go into selling reprints.

And possibly a few token new stories printed in limited quantities for characters they need to do that to keep the license to (don't know if reprints count for Wonder Woman's exact terms)

this will be looked at as a early pro Otherkin rights comic in a few years

Capeshit has been doing that for decades you literal retard.

Except it doesn't, it's "he." Being fucking wrong about the language is not a valid basis for not "accepting" it.
Jesus Christ

Didn't Red Skull try to bribe Captain America with little boys in costume once?

So does that mean 8 were Beaners?

Friendly reminder from Holla Forums that this panel literally canonizes anti-feminist rhetoric as truth.

Joker has always been very American.
Remember that hydra is anti-american more than he is pro-nazi (in theme, anyway).

how do you edit text in comic pages?

okay, back that "jesus christ", what is wrong with "they"?
Eastern european here, so maybe it's my culture affecting my way of thinking (since "they" can be used to refer to any person you want to show respect, kinda like royal plural) but I always thought that "they" was the proper way to refer to somebody whose sex you don't know.
I'm honestly asking here.

This is an edit right?

It's very simple.

"They" is plural.

Pretty damn hilarious when you take into account the lasso compels truth.

That means every bit of strawman they're having him spout is right.

"They" is often used and has been for a few centuries now, but isn't technically grammatically correct, since it does mean multiple people. If you wanted to be completely correct, you would have to use "he or she", since that expresses a single person of either gender. Most people don't bother with it though, since "they" is two less syllables. Simply using "he" for a single person of unknown gender has a longer history in English than "they", but changed in the 1960s for the reason stated in the comic, feminists like to nitpick language.

So, some people get butthurt about "they" because of grammar, and some people get butthurt about "he" because of gender politics bullshit. The only option if you want to please both groups is "he or she". If you don't want to please any group, do whatever the fuck you want. Everybody at least understands all three options, even if they hate them.

But user, what about all the millions of genders that don't fall into muh gender binary

it stops them from lying, not make them speak the universe's truth you retard

If it did that they can just tie any random joe and solve every mystery of the universe

It is, as long as you're not a grammar nazi.

ftfy

Like I said, as long as you're not a grammar nazi.

I've never seen a stronger case for eugenics, bravo

Away with you, Shlomo.

I'm persian you retard.

Luckily for you, Wikipedia has a wealth of information on that endlessly interesting topic.

So, in order to properly celebrate diversity and foster an inclusive atmosphere in our language while maintaining grammatical correctness, "he or she or ey or hu or jee or ney or peh or pur or e or thon or ve or xe or yo or ze or ze or ze or zhe" is compulsory and should be taught in elementary schools. Please sign my petition at change.org to make this a reality, and don't forget to donate to my Patreon!

Please link the page from where that comes from, I need to see it.

I identify as an alien, my pronouns are ayy/lmao

/thread

No one wants you here.

I don't know if the author is aware of it, but I think he's selling the opposite message of what he means here.

Post one example of capeshit that's good and stands on it's own.

You can't. Because all capeshit is shit and nothing but fan fiction written to appeal to the sort of retards that read capeshit.

Is there anything more common than capeshit trying to incorporate real world issues and social commentary into their comics?

This can't be true. Is too depressive and hillarious to be true.

Well, you know they can't understand irony.

There's nothing wrong in tackling real world issues in fiction. Sure, it may get dated, but so can your interpretation of sci-fi elements (Like how people used to believe radiation could do improbable things like grant superpowers and now we prefer to stick to nanotech), slang, geopolitics and whatnot, and in the end people may actually appreciate the work more for giving some insight on culture of a certain period.

The problem is how exactly are the real world issues incorporated, and how well-known are they. Like in this case we have topic and terms that are unfamiliar even to many people in US, seeing how most normalfags don't bother with identity politics. Most won't even be bothered to find out what those words mean, so it will be dismissed by many, and even if they recognize the context they may not find it a good joke simply because it just doesn't fit the character nor the general tone of the comic, standing out completely. Not to mention foreigners who read in original English / don't have comics translated in their countries will have an even harder time trying to understand it.

Here's my recommendation: when trying to write about something recent, social commentary and all, consider whether somebody on the other side of the world would have heard of it. If it's not known abroad, it may not be significant enough for history books either.

That Spivak is THE Spivak?
That dude wrote the calculus book I read back in my first calculus course in my college.
Damn it, man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-specific_and_gender-neutral_pronouns

Did you know that feminists host Wikipedia Edit-a-thons?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit-a-thon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_bias_on_Wikipedia

Not surprised this shit got canned.

The original 'unsolicited opinions on Israel.'

What's worst. Palestinaians being forced out of their lands works bette as methaphor for Fables. Than Jews.

Why there are always leftist fags around Holla Forums? It's like trying to kill a street dog's fleas.

You know how fucked up uber-Republican thinking is. At least Holla Forumslacks are consistent.
The guy has at least one or two other instances of talking about 'muh Israel,' but I can't find any more.
He does make it canon that apparently only humans are 'fucked up' enough to have abortions and that Fables never do stuff like that. Sanctity of marriage is another thing.
Bigby's in a lot of ways the creator's soap box. He fucks Snow and then marries her because he's a 'traditional man' despite going back to being a wild wolf immediately without Snow's presence. He also 'fought for our freedom' in WW1 and WW2 for some fucking reason.

The comic is good otherwise, until the Mr. Dark arc ends. Then it just becomes complete shit.

Wasn't Belle cucking the Beast with some other fable? Also Prince Charming kept marrying whores just to dump them later.

I don't remember Belle cucking the Beast. They had trouble because they were infertile, until they finally managed to have some monster kid in a plotline that never went anywhere.
And Prince Charming wasn't someone who was praised. He was fucked up because Red forced him cheating on Snow because she was jealous of her. iirc he did find true love with whatever cunt he met in Fairest.

why are white males in the US buying this?

To fuck poisonous frogs' cloacas?

They aren't, because both of those comics are cancelled.

Never change, Holla Forums

At least frogs are more pleasant to listen to.

Leftist or cuckservative, you're still a kike.

One of the major witches from fables draws her powers from saraficing babies and bleeding women until they have miscarriages.

Snow being pro life makes sense. She a tradionalist and the conservative sister. But was the events of 1001 Nights of Snowfall even brought up anywhere? A witch practicing forced abortions and saraficing new born"s should be something snow be outrage over.

Yeah, sure, Snow being pro-life makes sense. But the way she talked about it implied that it was unheard of in Fabletown or something.
I didn't remember the witch thing, though. There's a lot of contradictory shit in the comics.

I've said this before on cuckchan Holla Forums, but they just banned me for it.

The problem is that older, better writers took a leaf from the pages of the great sci-fi novelists, philosophers, etc and created an allegorical thought experiment as a lens through which to examine social issues (i.e. the mutants being an analogue for ethnic minorities and the LGBT community struggling for civil rights in the 60's and 70's) and would do it an a much more even-handed, nuanced way (i.e. the X-Men vs the Brotherhood).

In the Twitter Age (should that be what we call this phase of comic history, seeing as Dark Age is already taken?), the majority of people writing these comics are not literate enough to deploy such concepts, and are obsessed with virtue-signalling to their SJW fans on social media, who are too stupid and demanding of instant gratification in the first place to understand or tolerate the idea of allegorical examination presenting both sides of an argument in equal measure.

And that is because of their inexperience. They're not particularly cultured, so all of their work is mediocre.

But I can't blame them. It's companies hiring them that are at fault here. 15 years ago, they wouldn't have hired these kids to create mainstream books. They would've given them menial stuff to work their way up. But times changed, and the mistakes made in the 90's are catching up to them in a bad way. They can no longer afford to get solid writers or artists on their books, so they have to go with the kids, the fanboys, or the Brazilians who work for cheap.

What we're looking at here is the end times of mainstream comics.

Personally, I would say that 1994-2002 was the "Modern" age. That was the tragically brief moment where mainstream comics seemed to have their shit together. 2003-2010 was the "Didio Age", since his arrival basically fucked comics in the ass and lead directly to the next age, the "IP Age", 2011-today, as the only reason we still have comics at this point is so they can be mined for other media. Hiring twitter scum is just cost cutting measure to keep budgets low and output high.

We need someone like Alex Ross to come along out of the blue again and save the medium.

Regardless of whether or not you liked it, Kingdom Come pretty much heralded the end of the 90's and an all-too-brief rise of fucking GREAT comics in the 94-02 period you stated.

Joker's murders are chaotic, while Nazi genocide was well-planned. Joker would obviously h8 it.

At least that's the least edgiest answer I got.

Why there are always people with different opinions than mine around Holla Forums?
FTFY

Oh snap.

This art makes me want to commit genocide.

their not, comic books are hemorrhaging money at this point