Star Trek Thread

After rewatching DS9 and parts of TNG I've come to the conclusion that the Federation were really the bad guys. Anyone else feel the same?

Also we still on for Star Trek Kino Night?

Other urls found in this thread:

spaceavalanche.com/2009/03/16/next-generation/
statista.com/statistics/241530/birth-rate-by-family-income-in-the-us/
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Holosuite
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DS9 gives that impression because they were trying to be too edgy, TNG overall they come off reasonable.

What are you niggas talking about. They came off as better in DS9 than all the past series. Yes they wanted to militarize more with some espionage on the side but only because they stopped being naive dumb peace loving faggots that realized the rest of the universe wasn't some utopia like earth

That was their only redeeming feature.

In DS9 there is no real moral difference between the Kingons, Romulans, Federation, Dominion etc, they're all bad guys fighting for control.

Being ruled by the federation is a far better alternative to klingons and romulans

You know what I would give for the all inclusive racial utopia of Star Trek? Its not that bad.

Its just pure fantasy, since the only way it happens is the extinction of Islam and the killing of every shitskin with a sub 100 iq.

The Feddies werent the bad guys. They just arent perfect. Big big difference.

something had to happen to all the niggers for the federation to become what it was. conveniently was skipped over just how earth got rid of all its dead weight

We just needed some eugenics and humanity in general was unfucked.

On Trek, if you aren't basically a genius of some sort, you're going to be a cosmic janitor, and you're going to do it for the good of humanity instead of cash. It's a caste system, just like in Poo-In-The-Loo Land.

I was under the impression that the augments siezed power but no mention is made of clearing out the trash. They pretty much treated normals as slaves and of course some normals fought against them but there's no mention anywhere of actually getting rid of the world's dindus

The enhanced people took charge sure but eugenics also implies getting rid of bad genetic traits. Do you think the supermen wanted subjects prone to chimpout? Naturally they reserved the increased ability for themselves but for a period to be called the eugenics wars they'd have to sort out the quirks of the common man too.

That's a pretty great explanation to the weird setting of Star Trek. They de-niggered blacks and that's how the weird society completely without racial strife or strong internal conflicts arose.

I'm on if you're on, faggot.

Is Earth full of down syndromed potatos because they too have the right to live the way they are?

No, they just shipped the blacks off to their own planet. See Code of Honor for the only time Star Trek has had an all-black population.

Deanna is half human. Her mother race mixed her daughters abilities out of existence except for the mind raping.

Exactly. Deanna's mother intentionally let her daughter become retarded. She should be an example of the negatives of miscegenation. I can't remember there being any upsides for her human heritage.

u wot m9
there were other important roles for dummies
like a chef
or a pilot
or security guard
etc
at least half of the ferengi are more or less slaves because they can't handle their money

Watched TNG, just finished ds9 but I can't stand VOY yet (3 eps in so far).

does it get better?

I hope so. I wanted to stream some ENT episodes the other day but it's a pain in the ass to stream on cytube (I don't want to go through jewgledrive and all that shit)

no

There's an episode where she loses her powers and everyone tries to act like she's just as useful without them, but they don't do it very well.

every war in Star Trek is fought along racial lines.

yes, skip to season 4.

Everyone forgets, the eugenics war and world war 3 probably thinned the herd dramatically. Those left had to nut up and get shit done to survive, and dumbasses and niggers dont do that so they probably all died out rather quick. Not to mention the iq level had to have been brough to a higher level since Wesley Crusher was learning about quantum physics and high level math at a highschool level, and it wasnt ever mentioned that he was a prodigy. A smart kid, but not prodigy level.

I think part of it is the higher intelligent level of the populace, coupled by the fact that all the humans were mostly brought up and taught/indoctrinated into beleiving that the most important thing in life is the betterment of oneself and mankind.

enterprise is better than voyager

There also seems to be wide scale racial segregation going in regards of reproduction as the show's humanity doesn't look like Brazil or only flavours of near pure one race yet.

Ive figured thats because outside starfleet every place seems to be homogeneous. If Picard hadnt joined starfleet, he would of never left his vineyard in France, like generations had before. Sisko without starfleet would be the owner of his restaurant in New Orleans. Colonies are made by people seeking out new oppurtunities in space, and as such probably mostly come from similar places such as the ethnically russian colony that worf grew up on with his adoptive parents. There doesnt seem to be aby taboos about inter-racial, as evidence by keiko and o'brien, but as shown multiple times, they had strife trying to mix there own cultures and personalities together, so probably most times inter-racial doesnt work out since racial stereotypes seem to have been overblown in the future. Probably a result of the massive loss of culture and history during the eugenics and third world war, that people responded by trying to salvage their roots however they could.

Furthermore, they seem not to care about trying make everyone bisexual because Beverley Crusher falls in love with a trill ambassador, until he is fatally injured and his new host is female and Beverley makes a speech on how she cant be with her because she is limited in her live or something.

Sounds dreadful, a planet full of rootless colonials, but explains the peculiaritites, such as British English speaking Frenchman.

I always found it funny that people think Star Trek is about diversity when most of the time it actually isn't. It actually warns about the dangers of multiculturalism and promotes the preservation of ones own racial identify.

That's absurdity of our rapidly deranging times. What seemed like highly liberal future seems conservative even compared to our time, only a few decades later.

These cartoons are fucking great, source?

it's star trek

Source of the cartoon, where were they originally posted.

star trek, the next generation

Even in Code of Honor, they were a society with a hierarchy and social status and things to accomplish. They were nothing like actual niggers.

You know what, you can just go fuck yourself.

Wish I could tell you, I just saved them from here.

Thank you user, this actually made me lol.

I wish I had the rest saved. I may have to go redo them myself

Why does Picard get a private vinyard that is in his family for generations when property is not supposed to exist?

It belongs to everyone, Comrade.

Is that real?

Riker's beard was a mistake. I noticed that his character went from Kirk's reincarnation to bearded cuck after the beard came into existence. Perhaps his beard really was an alien parasite all along.

Whoever made this doesn't understand Star Trek.

Its less he has it, and no one cares to have it. The seemingly infinite planets meens if you want to start a vineyard you can start one on any number of suitable planets as long as its in federation space and gets approved. Morever if someone really wanted to work at that specific vineyard for notoriety reasons, they would have no problems probably getting a job(as shown by the fact the only peolle who worked the vineyard was picard's brother and nephew), and since the federation has been taught to do betterment of society and self and crap, the person wouldnt care he didnt own said vineyard, as long as he earns some kind of recognition or credit if he plays a major role in the making of the wine.

I imagine all goods produced by humans and extension the federation are mostly given away for free and come with some kind of chip or barcode that has a credit list of all those involved in the making of the product. This is speculation purely, but would make sense in universe.

Shit sorry for typos, my keyboard needs replacing.

True, but I bet land would be more valuable on Earth. Especially in France, Francophiles still exist in the 24th century. How does the land get divided up if 30 million humans wants to own vineyards in France?

hereditary claims perhaps

Pretty much this. Reminds me of the writers of Agent Carter shoehorning in racial segregation into the show, forgetting that in the Marvel Cinematic Universe segregation never existed

Kind of goes against Federation values. Why should Picard get a vinyard because he chose his parents correctly? Being on Earth is like living in the city vs countryside (which would be a colony in this analogy).

That would presume that the properties in France were up for grabs when the world united. It would be sensible to presume that pre-federation contracts, such as property ownership and inheritance on earth and the pre-federation human colonies; would continue to be upheld by the federation.

Has there ever been any explanation for why 98% of the population doesn't lock themselves inside a holodeck for the entirety of their lives? It's not like anyone has to work for a living.

"I sense that this angry looking person on the viewscreen is angry captain"

Eugenics in Star Trek was more like how actual eugenics would occur if it was ever done. They didn't just use white people. Like their leader was named "Khan Noonien Singh". That's not all white person.

People assume that eugenics just means "more white people" when in reality it means more brown taller people with white faces.

all those words and you said nothing at all. what did they do with their chimpout dindu niggers?

No I pointed out they most likely used people of many different races. Like Khan afaik from the show lived in Asia. And the Bottany bay wasn't all white people either, I'm pretty sure there were some black people that were considered augments as well.

There wasn't some mass genocide based on race. It was entirely just an enslavement based on genetics. Irrespective of race.

the color of their skin is not what anybody here has been talking about. we're talking about what happened to the parts of society that didnt survive the eugenics wars. there is no harlem on the enterprise

they probably try their best to absolve the situation, such as dividing up the land literally 30 million ways, which leaves everyone pissed and unhappy and the federation says "tough shit", or they say to make a France themed colony on another planet, call it Franceland, and be done with it. Remember the Indians got kicked out because American cities were still on their ancient lands, they made colonies on other planets. And when that land was conceded to the Cardassians, the federation said move or become Cardassia, tough shit.

its an idea for a book or movie idea, the life of a starfleet judge, ruling in petty land cases and approving/disapproving colony establishments and such. Divorce preceding between inter-species couples and working with their respective traditions/legal system. Like filing a restraining order against a recently widowed husband of a trill who wont leave the new host alone and the new host can't continue their relationship or be cut out of trill society and thus ending the life of the parasite.

There doesn't seem to be enough basis for this in the shows as far as I can tell, probably no one cares because they've been all taught property is irrelevant and they can replicate most anything they want and land is infinite in space. The only thing of real value to humans seem to be positions of rank, notoriety and skill in one's chosen profession, specific assignments or jobs, duty honor and all that jazz, or in rare cases, gold pressed latinum.

Its explained that kids are taught the value of bettering oneself and humanity form early on. It shows Barclay excessive use and in depth holoprograms was an oddity. Also, I imagine holodecks are a luxury outside starships since the energy requirement is probably pretty taxing. So a major city might have several, but smaller towns and villages might only have one or one for several in a several mile radius. You book time there and it probably fills up a lot anyways.

Now personal holodecks are probably not forbidden, but trying to get one made is probably a huge hassle since you are going to have to have the technical know-how to build it, maintain it, and be able to procure the supplies needed to make it, which will require an industrial replicator, and probably material that can't be replicated. So you have to figure out some way to get that stuff in some fair trade or just wait until there is a surplus that Starfleet isn't using and ask them for it.

That's not so much due to the Eugenics wars as much as the result of technology like the transporter and the Replicator.

bare in mind that Star Trek takes place in an entirely post scarcity era where you can create shit like food and raw materials just from energy in a machine. It's why they're ambiguous about whether or not the Federation even has a currency because you can make whatever you want by pressing a button.

But also it's a military vessel and even if there was ghettos on Earth in the year of TOS they wouldn't take anyone that wasn't good enough. In TNG they showed that they barely took anyone into Star Fleet and most of the actual crewmen were just enlisted non-commissioned people who did menial labor like O'Brien.

Worming my way through TNG, following a guide.

What's your favorite Q episode, anons?

The interesting thing about the Code of Honor episode is that they couldn't even represent true african americans. The whole episode pivots around one of them counting coup by taking tasha yar prisoner. That's a native american cultural thing. Niggers would have just run a train on her and sold her to a pimp

The one where Picard gets stabbed in the heart

One of the best Trek episodes in general actually

If I remember that episode right the head dude wanted her as his fuckslave because he saw how athletic she was.

And Tribal nigs like the ones in that episodes would jump at the chance to do that

Eugenics and a global nuclear war that left a population capable of winning the prisoner's dilemma.

He actually tried to use her athleticism to force her to kill his first wife in a duel and thereby take the leadership position. See what I mean? Niggers don't think ahead like that.

I think about this all the fucking time.

reverse image search is your friend

spaceavalanche.com/2009/03/16/next-generation/

I really think Star Trek is one of those franchises where the elite try to tell us the future. The eugenics wars was in the 1990s(first said in TOS), in the real world clones(like the metal gear games) and supersoldiers were common in fiction. Maybe the government is doing it in secret?
The DS9 two part episode in San Fransisco in 2024ish in the ghetto. Why was there a ghetto? For poor people who could not get jobs because the economy is crap. The elite in modern America are slowly pushing universal basic income propaganda and to stuff everyone in stack 'em pack cities. Agenda 2030 fits into this.
In the 2030s WWIII is supposed to take place. Current estimates for WWIII are around 2024 though. We know the elite have a vast network of underground bunkers for themselves built off our money. Proof is the Russian, Chinese, and Rex 84.
Warp drive. Maybe the government has it. Maybe the Nazis really did develop something along those lines with the Bell Project. But destroying the world, going underground, and emerging once the dust settles with warp drive is one way of attempting to preserve illegitimate power.

its a good thing you have plenty of mre's and stuff from that website you shill on /n/ then eh?

Hope they have a functioning gellar field or shit's going to get extra fancy real quick.

And the Warhammer faggot strikes. You faggots are worse than the cuckposters.

Do you honestly think if the Government was capable of faster than light travel they wouldn't use it?

The potential for things like mining for resources is astronomical.

BIG PINK TENTACLES

Aircraft like the B-2 and the F-117 stealth fighter were secret for years before unveiling. You don't show all your secret toys unless you gain something.
My theory, if the government has warp drive, is this:
The global economy will collapse because of too much debt, welfare, feminism, etc. WWIII will result because of this. The Georgia guidestones, put up by some NWO group, say to keep the population under 500 million. The elite will allow WWIII to happen to cull us. After a few decades emerge from their holes with warp drive. Something like warp drive would unite the survivors in a common mission and establish the NWO.
The Manhattan Project had 100,000 people working on it yet only a handful of people knew the whole picture. It's called compartmentalization.

The Manhattan project occurred when it was way easier to just send a bunch of scientists to a compound and have almost no communication in/out.

We live in an era where the biggest drama that occurs when something leaks is the government shot civilians from an unmanned drone.

It honestly paints the government as being far more organized and competent than it actually is. If something like this was even heard of from one of the bottom rung soldiers I'm 100% certain it would've gotten out.

The fact that we are talking about it could be proof that it has gotten out. The government can be extremely effective and efficient when it wants to be. Most of the time inefficiency is good for gibs and corruption.

Because property doesn't exist for plebs. Despite claims to the contrary, the federation has a tiered society. As a ranking member of Starfleet, Picard ensures his family has special privileges. Do you think someone like Kirk ever had to worry about holodeck credits or his personal stash of Andorian Ale?

Kirk was a Captain so he probably could get away with quite a bit no matter what the political or economic system is. Picard is an old European aristocrat with his estate and his privilege intact while the rest of humanity got communism…I mean equality. Do you think the common plebs live like officers? O'Brian's quarters seem the same as Sisko's. Do the guys welding together starships live in gleaming high rise cities or do they get converted shipping containers with replicators?

The Holodeck didn't exist in Kirk's era. It was an invention TNG came up with.

There was even an episode in TOS that was about an alien race that could create lifelike illusions and the entire moral of the episode is that you're supposed to actually live life outside of fantasy.

It wasn't til TNG when they threw that out.

This isn't actually true. There's an entire episode in TOS where Kirk is put on court martial over negligence charges. Specifically they accuse him of ejecting an escape pod while the ship was on yellow alert and of possibly killing a crewmember in the process. And you're supposed to be on Red Alert when you do it.

It's actually a very long drawn out court room drama episode where Kirk risks completely losing command of his starship. And they show camera stills of what specific buttons he pressed and stuff. It's clear they were pretty meticulous over protocol.

Probably given the state the ship was in The Final Frontier and how in everything else its components prone to exploding and is easliy hijacked and random aliens and space anomalies

They build brand new ships just to decommission it a few years later and continually retrofit old ass ships

I remember that episode now. You are right. If Kirk lived in America he would have gotten away with accidentally killing someone, even if negligent. Senator John McCain kiiled people by crashing his plane into a carrier and got off because his daddy and grand-daddy were Admirals.

What has that to do with how Federation citizens live? We see examples of high rise cities in Star Trek but you have to wonder how the 99% of the population lives.

I guess I worded it but I was trying to go for a "they pretend to pay us, we will pretend to work"
Their expected output doesnt match their intake so what they create is shitty and in need of constant maintenance and updates
The colonies dont seem that great either so the time, effort and risk needed to set one up have to obviously be better then what they have on earth

And your source for this is?

Yet he became a teacher at the academy at the end of DS9. Really makes you think.

Because nothing in Star Trek makes any sense?

They actually go further than communism when Troi says that possessions don't exist, not just property, but that's clearly untrue because Riker has his saxophone and Worf has his bat laugh ninja sword.

The best part of communism. The ideal gets internalized and repeated as fact even against the face of reality. Wrongthink and wrongspeak (I.E. refusing to stop pointing out the fact that reality and ideology don't match) gets gulaged.

Remember when TNG revealed that you could Tai chi your way out of a transporter beam?

I'm convinced all that personal stuff is won by abusing their positions, i.e corruption. When someone complains that they don't have an authentic X they get told to fabricate one, but an officer with connections can do a favour for favour to get an authentic X. When someone wants to eat real food they get told to fabricate some while the officer can just trade fabricated items for real produce at a loer tech world. And when someone wants to live on a highly valuable piece of land, they get told to emigrate to some middle of nowhere colony with high change of energy being rape instead.

It's also pretty obvious that Starfleet is a military junta with a pseudo-democracy attached.

I mean the Federation, but then that's the problem; Starfleet is just supposed to be the space navy, but then those terms get used so interchangeably that it becomes suspicious.

I'm pretty sure there's a scene of a civilian getting tried by a judge in a Starfleet uniform in one ep as well.

Or poker games.

The commanding officers sharing the loot, I mean gifts from grateful locals, during poker seems like corruption to me.

It's permanent revolution, comrade, it's a culture of critique. If problems don't exist, we must invent new ones so that the glorious revolution can continue.

They claim to be a post-scarce socialist utopia, where work is completely optional, but it will only last a few generations. The low-iq lazy people will stay at home and outbreed the intelligent, ambitious people who go into starfleet. They will pass on their values and genetics to the next generation, and soon everything will collapse. Even if every machine on earth runs by itself, the number of cadets will reduce each generation.

I'm not even sure that they actually are living in that utopia. Aren't the only people we've actually heard say that the well-educated (starfleet), rich (can replicate everything at will) upper class?

There is no evidence that low IQ people are doing what you claim. Besides, the Federation can always ship those people off to colony worlds, laziness cured! Also, previous posters have said that WWIII probably raised the general IQ of Earth and killed a lot of niggers, spics, and non-whites. If true then the lower IQ people would probably start emulating the IQ Starfleet officer types instead of low IQ niggers like in current year + 1 America. Imagine how great America could be if whites acted like they were 10+ IQ higher than they were? Earth is probably like that but better in Star Trek.

In their world, no, but in our western welfare states it most certainly is the case, and I doubt human nature is that different in Star Trek. Here's some stats:
Birth rate in the United States in 2014, by household income: statista.com/statistics/241530/birth-rate-by-family-income-in-the-us/
Income tends to corrolate with IQ. There preobably are explicit IQ-to-children studies as well, the one I posted is just the top result on Google.

Sure, although that would mean that they'd need to dispense of socialism on those planets, or the problem would continue on them (even worse, since they constanlty get stuck with the refuse of earth).

Yup, but the effect I described will probably soon be great enough to negate the WWIII effect. They're living on borrowed time.

There's always a probability distribution of traits, and the less ambitious end will in the Star Trek utipia outperform the more ambitious one.

the one where he's human was funny simply for how everyone treated him
"what must i do to prove my mortality?"
"die"

Since genetic engineering was outlawed maybe they just cured blacks of their behavior through other methods.

Australia is a country built on the "refuse" of England. Turns out criminality might be a more social problem than IQ. Australia seems to have turned out OK.

We should compile a list of details about how the economy works in Star Trek.

1. Property rights exist in some form. Definitely for "aristocrats" like Picard.
2. Money still exists outside the Federation, gold pressed latinum.
3. Federation citizens are reduced to some form of barter. Also, there is an episode of DS9 (7th season) where Nog does this elaborate barter/trading scheme to get the Chief a part to fix the Defiant.
4. Human nature still exists.
5. Sex and sexual desire still exists.
6. Replicators exist but how widespread their use is is unknown. The energy requirements could be so immense that they are reserved for Starfleet use in Deep Space to help ease logistics support.
7. On DS9 real food and drinks are highly valued. They rely on replicators to probably save Starfleet "money" on transporting food & drink all over the galaxy.
8. Sisko's father owns a restaurant. Property rights again.
9. Who does the fishing? Sisko's father's restaurant serves seafood.
10. Why bother fishing?
11. Is the Federation a military junta?
12. The Federation council, is it elected or appointed? Are they just representatives chosen by the "President" of their respective people?
13. The European Union does not work and Europeans are far more similar to one, genetically, the different. This implies that the Federation can only stay together because of the constant thread of other empires and races.
14. Constant warfare. The one thing liberalism can provide to continue justifying its own power.

Hahahahahaha, no.

I have several things to say on this subject, but I feel like I might derail the thread if we start discussing real world examples several steps removed from Star Trek. Without adding any extra information, I'll point out that my original comment mentioned that criminal. lazy, antisocial, etc. people impart not only their genetics, but also their values, to their children.

Good idea. I'm a bit unsure myself, and it was a while since I watched Star Trek.

Are replicator food considered inferior to real food?

I have another point to add:
15: There are no personal-use holodecks. All holodecks we see are public, can be used by anyone, and you need to reserve time to use them (I know I've seen people make reservations for the holodeck in TNG, but not too often. Perhaps senior staff gets priority). This to me indicates a planned economy. In a private economy, the first thing corperations would do to the holodeck is what they did to the cinema, they put a smaller, cheaper one in every home. This is especially true since we've seen that even a fairly small holodeck can let you wander through giant areas.

Could we also make a list of how the elite claims society is organised? I'll start with what I found in this video:
3 and 4 are similar, but not necessarily the same. During times of starvation a communist might say that there is a material need (a need for food, etc.), but not a need for possession (private property).

lol

I meant Australia turned out OK from a GDP per capita perspective. It's just like most other h'white nations. I can't speak to the culture or social problems Australia has.

Values can also change depending on the circumstances in ones life. Americans are descended from hard working frontiersmen, at least I am. Now they are fat and lazy. The economy and social systems around them changed, not the people. The people just need to circumstances to change and they will change to what they need to do. IMO.
Replicated food and drink was always treated as inferior to the real thing on DS9.

What a fucking cuck.

Australia has the same problems as everywhere, degenerate urbanites and ethnic enclaves of non whites
The convict heritage is largely overblown, the later diaspora of Irish, Scottish and English overtook them
If you look at the UK today you can see the results of losing their best to emigration to the colonies
sage for off topic

Picard owns a farm that is at least land, but there are no money. This is interesting, since a farm requires a lot of land. Apparently an average american farm is 1.756km^2. Could I get 2km^2 for free? Could anyone? Earth probably has many many billion citizens, since famine and starvation has been eradicated. If even a fraction of those started wanting to own land, this wouldn't work. Clearly there are still finite resources. How are they divided?

Of course values and culture change. So does genetics, albeit a bit slower. When the prisoners were introduced to the new, harder, environment, they had to act up. On top of that, most of the convicts were probably men, giving them a strong evolutionary incentive to be self-sufficient.

Most of the convicts in Australia were petty criminals and political prisoners. They weren't hardened thugs.

This is what the murderous Australian thugs want people to believe.

Everyone keeps bringing up the point of Picard having a vineyard. I think its less he owns it, but his family is the only ones who want to/know how to work it. If for some reason that land needed to be used for more important things by the federation, Picard would willingly give it up probably. He'd be sad but he realize the greater good needed to use it.

One thing everyone, including me, seems to have overlooked is that replicators seem to be just a type of teleporter. You put in an item,and then can send it out later. So that is why farms, mines, vineyards even still exist. You cant just keep producing something out of nothing. That's where Sisko's dad can get its fish and produce, from those who produce it. Its just that since the Federation is such an expansive empire, probably have farming and mining capabilities we can only dream of including asteroid mining and the ability to grow thriving plants on spaceships with no sunlight just to name a few examples, the federation for all intents and purposes is beyond scarcity. Also their recycling is perfect, any leftovers or scraps are used 100% by just re energizing them in the replicators.

Now since we have seen teleportation is only small scale and not across great lengths yet, that's were cargo transports come in. They haul the physical item, or probably in a lot of cases the energized version of it in the basic form, to wherever they ar etold to go, some outpost had a bad year for farming, so transport ten thousand pounds of energized proein/carbohydrate/nutrient stuffs so they can replicate food. A drought is affecting Colony c, bring energized hydrogen and oxygen so they can have water.

Also think of it, why would anyone want to own a farm in the future? Why particularly Earth? Why own a farm when you can explore the galaxy, or go meet interesting alien species to fuck, or discover new and interesting worlds with sights different from and as magnificent as Earth. It sounds like the average lifespan of a human reaches into their hundreds, and I bet a lot still fell like they didn't do enough or seen enough. Also it isn't perfect, you had the Marquis and the Orion Syndicate, so it does seem human nature is still around and not perfect, but its supposed to be two hundred years in the future, after we nearly wiped ourselves out twice, discovered we aren't anything special, other species of humanoids exist, and a lot are stronger than us, smarter than us, or both. As such we've had to learn to be different if we are to survive and matter in the big scale of things.

Its probably why the Fernegi dislike "humons" more intensely than a lot of other races. they work for themselves, not for latinum or possessions, but for the betterment of themselves and humankind.

>Picard would willingly give it up probably. He'd be sad but he realize the greater good needed to use it.
Would he be allowed to keep it?

One thing everyone, including me, seems to have overlooked is that replicators seem to be just a type of teleporter. You put in an item,and then can send it out later. So that is why farms, mines, vineyards even still exist. You cant just keep producing something out of nothing.
Only half true, and misleading. Teleporters take matter appart to energy and reassemble it in another place. Replicators only do the reassembling part, meaning that once the replicater knows a recepie, the material (energy) can come from anywhere.

Different stripes for different types?

I think this is the dark secret of Star Trek. Everyone except a privileged few are living in bright and shiny dystopian future but everyone repeats the same lie to each other about how they've evolved beyond their baser nature and how good life is. Just like Vulcans all lie about not having emotions and Klingons lie about their honorable culture.

People would want to farm for several reasons. They might enjoy it, they want to perpetuate their culture(like wine production or producing a certain kind of apple), they enjoy real food and not replicated food like O'Brian's mother.
Your point about the Ferengi is spot on, I can't believe I did not get that.

That makes sense. The question everyone has about Star Trek is how the coercion works. In current year +1 America the coercion factor is money. No money == starve to death. In Rome it would have been slavery and death. How does the Federation get people to do dangerous and non-glamorous jobs like mining? Mining is not exactly the pursuit of the better of oneself.

Its probably a combination of wanting to do it, and no other choice. Theres an episode where a starfleet officer shoots himself in the foot to get away from the frontlines. He says his career is over because he knows he cant do it so he resigns himself to be an asteroid farmer since they are always looking for experienced officers. Worf says in another episode after he cant go back to the klingon empire and doesnt want to stay at ds9 that he'll join a fleet somewhere else as an officer.

The federation was founded by humans mostly, its seat is on earth, the human homeworld, built on human values of honor and self betterment for humankind benefit. I bet a ton of races arent exactly part of the federation but under their protection or allied with him, because why not. They arent going to conquer you, they arent going to even interfere with your own politics unless you ask. They'll just give you stuff and protect you with arguably one of the largest spaceship fleets in the universe. All they ask is for you not to fuck with them and to share stuff like science and discoveries.

Took you long enough.

Do all the Federation women go for some Deep Dark Klingon Meat?

Ezri Dax also went for Worf too.

Worf's son is an example of the horrors of race mixing. He is only 3/4 Klingon, smaller than many full blooded females, and a general klutz. Maybe some of it is training and the mentality instilled in Klingon warriors from a young age, but still.

That was because he was a literal war hero. O'Brien would probably be immortalized forever in Federation schools and to other non-commissioned officers for all of the times he saved the crews ass and all of the shit he had to deal with. And how he just kept on going and helped save the entire Federation. He's like the ideal non-commissioned officer. Someone who just deals with the cards he's dealt.

Bare in mind this is on the Enterprise.

Presumably holodecks in Star Trek were based on how actual recreation rooms on military ships are treated. You don't always have ready access to them and you need to book time with them. You also are entitled to a certain amount of that time.

This is also contradicted by how in DS9 Quark has his own holodecks that he rents out for prostitution on the space station for Gold Pressed Latinum. It's clear holodecks are almost like arcade machines. They cost an arm and a leg and are out of reach for most civilians to purchase. At least this is on Deep Space 9. Since Deep Space 9 was technically a Federation vessel it was only really administrated as one and because it was so cut off from the rest of the Federation by distance it necessitated a use of the Ferengi Gold Pressed Latinum currency. And since there were always Ferengi guest star characters I'd have to assume that they were regular visitors before and after the events of the show. So that currency would naturally appear and circulate.

And the reason why the Ferengi used Latinum was because it was said to not be possible to replicate.

It's debatable. I've always seen it as a running joke the show tries to pull that someone can tell the difference between replicated and real food like it's the pepsi challenge.

In reality the replicator works off patterns of molecules. So it should theoretically be identical regardless. The only major contention to this is when in Voyager they'd have to ration the replicator because it used a lot of power. So I'd assume how much power it's allotted also contributes to how well the pattern is formed.

Another point on this I just remembered. In Voyager Paris saved up some of his replicator rations to replicate a locket for Kes. He saved up approximately 2 weeks worth of them for it. That indicates to me that the replicator does indeed draw more power based on the complexity of the item.

From what I can tell coercion in the Federation primarily comes in the form of shaming and shunning. Additionally Star Fleet personnel live under the constant threat of having their carers limited or ended if they don't toe the line.

The Federation is literally a Dictatorship that "pretends" to be a Democracy.

e = mc^2

What do you think the ratio of officers to enlisted personal is? I remember in DS9 they mentioned around 300 Starfleet officers. So DS9 had at least 300 officers on it. Starfleet could have a bloated officer class because people are always dying from this or that war. Also, if Earth's IQ was raised from the aftermath of WWIII then a large officer class might be required to placate the population of Earth. It's the old problem of too many high IQ people and not enough positions for them to occupy. This is why the New World Order wants to replace whites in current year + 1 America.

Star Trek is based on how old Navy's used to operate.

If you watch something like Master and Commander there's a clear distinction between who the officers are and who the enlisted men are. And there's even a particular scene where one officer gets berated by the captain because he sings along to a song the Enlisted men were singing. And that was not appropriate on a vessel at the time because there was always a risk that Enlisted men could mutiny. Because they were at the end of the day just dudes doing hard labor to collect a paycheque.

There's an episode of TNG that details how it's really challenging to get into Star Fleet to begin with. You have to pass an entrance exam and they only take a certain amount of people, and only ones that seriously impress them. And most just flat out fail and have to reapply. And the test gauges things like how you respond under stress and whether or not you'd crack under pressure.

To Star Fleet, the trust and responsibility with eventually managing a starship is so critical and respected that they pay attention to just who they even let apply to be at the bottom rung of the ladder in their institution.

But at the same time it's clear this is largely because of peace time. There's an episode called Yesterday's Enterprise in TNG where it portrays an alternate reality version of the Federation in a war against the Klingons and the Cardassians, and it's a war they are losing. Badly. It's portrayed that Wesley is actually a full officer on the ship when in the show he's just an acting ensign and is just allowed to pilot the ship sometimes just so Picard can fuck his mother. I'd also assume during the war with the Dominion they became more lax with who they let in as officers just because they were losing so many ships during it.

The majority of the population were willing migrants, same with New Zealand, though.

Yeah but its the softest tyranny there is.

There could hVe been so much done with Voyager. But it never was.

A water war in Asia is inevitable at this point.

Elimination of Dysgenices and scarcity in the civilized lands along with a breakdown of state apparati is all that is necessary

Suder.

See its worse than that, Betazeds that can't use psychic powers are really hardcore sociopaths. So its directly tied into the empathy centers.

Its might be a mandatory requirement.

Yes. Grow a pair already.

I always laugh when the thing comes out with Riker's face. It doesn't matter how many times I watch it.

There's so many ways they could've made it a deconstruction of Star Trek. Like actually making the show more pro capitalism by pointing out how the scarcity of the resources on board the ship justify things like competition among crewmembers.

They could've even gone in a completely different direction and made the ship gradually become more and more interested in self interest and engage in things that were more geared towards "the greater good" sorts of endeavors. Like episodes related to the ship stealing dilithium Crystals or turning pirate in exchange for certain resources to keep the ship going.

But no, we have to have "TNG but in the Beta Quadrant with worse scripts".

It's the trek show that had the most potential and just didn't use it.

Ent was a gimme, it was a rehash of TOS and they wanted to make it like other shows at the time that were popular like Stargate/Battlestar Galactica. It was bound to be pretty bad.

Voyager though had the potential to be even better than DS9 and they just instead played it safe.

Except ENT did not have anything cool like giant green hands, planet destroyers, or Abraham Lincoln appear because why not. Every kind of mystery had some lame science answer to it. Kirk solved problems by fighting, fucking, or using logic to talk his way out of problems. Enterprise usually relied on fighting and whining about muh human rights.

iirc Scott Bakula said in interviews about the development of Ent that it was originally planned to be more akin to a tribute show. Like they planned to have a more campy atmosphere and they brought back the two foil characters for the captain to try and hammer this point in even further.

It makes sense from the higher up's point of view too since Scott Bakula was more of a comedic actor and Quantum Leap was probably what they initially had in mind in terms of tone before they decided to just say fuck it and made the entire thing dull and tasteless.

Everyone who wanted to do this didnt breed.

Now carry that for 200 years.

Those people dont exist anymore.

Lolfuck you. Warhammer fucks your shit.

I'd imagine it'd eventually get dull being able to do whatever you want and have little to no actual challenge.

It's similar to how NEETs get really depressed and suicidal even though they typically have all of the video games they need and have welfare. And have to give themselves goals and things to do outside of pure entertainment and porn to actually enjoy themselves.

There's an episode of the Twilight Zone I really like that illustrates this perfectly. In the episode this jewlery thief dies while robbing a store and he's awoken by an angel who takes him to the afterlife. And is told he can have whatever he wants. So naturally he asks to be able to win at gambling, have as many women as he wants and wear fancy suits and all that. Stuff he valued when he was alive. But after a while he gets really bored at always winning at Roulette and he notices the facsimiles the angel comes up with for women are really dull to be around. The Angel even proposes he could organize it so he randomly lose at roulette but he says that would just feel cheap and artificial. So he asks if he could be able to talk to someone who is a flesh and blood human being but is told his afterlife is just a single street corner and a building. Then he asks why he was sent to Heaven, and the angel takes him to a filing cabinet that details all of the nasty shit he did.

[spoiler]
Eventually he asks the angel "hey, I think I've had enough of heaven. I wanna go to the other place." and the angel goes "Heaven? What made you think you were in Heaven? This is the other place" and laughs.

And the final shot of the episode is of the guy sitting at a roulette table looking miserable while Rod Serling says "Now he has everything he's ever wanted – and he's going to have to live with it for eternity"

[/spoiler]

absolutely love the Twilight Zone. One of my favorite shows aside from Star Trek

Jadzia Dax is a piece of shit. Says a lot doesnt it?

What? Worf is full Klingon. Was the chick a halfbreed?

It was Gamma quadrant, and regarsing Capitalism, the Freneghi were done dirty.

Ent tho. Also could have bed good but well.

Sfdebris nailed it.

I liked Bakula, he could have been a great Captain but was attached to a mediocore, at best, show. By foil characters do you mean Trip and T'Pol? Or do you mean characters like Shran?

Pretty sure Worf's baby mama is a half breed Klingon.

Yeah Trip and T'Pol. Symbolizing the emotional vs the pragmatic course of action, and the captain siding somewhere in the middle. Similar to how Kirk had Bones and Spock.

It's weird that once upon a time you could successfully market a show to other males that featured 3 guys sitting around and solving problems without being worried about it being gay or not.

It works with T'Pol though because they made her eye candy.

I don't remember any holodecks on civlian planets either. Also, the enterprise has children on board, and isn't strictly comparable to a military vessel.

Quark is a Ferengi, they're capitalists, of coure they've perfected the holodeck, in fact I looked it up: memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Holosuite
Compare that to my comment , it's exactly what I predicted would happen in a private economy. I really think the ST creators wanted to portray a socialist utopia, and simply didn't consider that this aspect showed an aspect of their system that is inferior. They simply thought

I doubt this would work. Men adapt to what women find attractive. In an environment with unlimited resources, women just want as many children as possible with the sexiest men, and they don't want hard working men, because hard working men don't have as much time for making babies. It's by far the best survival strategy in a post-scarce society. Men will not see hard work as a worthy cause.

Perhaps they could counter act this by brainwashing in the education system, but I doubt it. More likely is that post-scarcity is just a lie.

This wasn't an uncommon thing in older navies. Midshipmen for instance were usually 8-12 years old in the 17th century. Not that it really ties into the children on the Enterprise though

Bare in mind this isn't the only other thing Star Trek has in common with old naval history. It's clear Roddenberry was fascinated by it. Like the ranks in Star Trek bare more resemblance to old naval ranks. Like at one point Kirk addresses a commodore.

Which is true but that's because it's also a research and exploration vessel. However it is still also a military battle ship that's decked out in phasers and photon torpedoes. That has its staff wear uniforms, participates in shifts and engages in protocol just like a military vessel would.

DS9 was a bit different than TNG in terms of how it was made. TNG for instance when it was being written by Roddenberry did not want character drama at all on the show. He thought by the time TNG took place that people would move past petty grievances. He was the Federation almost like it was a literal utopia. It's why he also wanted the Ferengi to be the big villains of the show, which was how they were written in the first season. Which failed pretty badly considering it was extremely hard to take them seriously as villains. Which is why they introduced the Borg in later seasons.

With DS9 they didn't have Roddenberry so they decided to experiment more with the format. It's why the captain is black, why he commands a space station and not a starship. Why the show mostly stays in a single location for most of it's run time. Why the Federation is portrayed as more morally grey. Why there's an episode where Cisko literally participates in a conspiracy and lies to the Romulans in order to get them pulled into the war with the Dominion. It was a more practical look at the show's mythology and it's one of the reasons why to a lot of people (myself included) it's actually the Trek series they prefer if they had to pick a favorite. It was one of the Trek series that made me question a lot of the show's lore the most because it asked a lot more questions about how it would function.

It was a huge risk for them to do at the time. Especially since at the time it was widely considered that TNG was akin to a fluke. Since that by itself was a huge risk that almost nobody, not even the cast, expected would last more than a few seasons before being cancelled like the original was.

Ah, I was mainly going of my impression of other series than DS9 such as TNG and Voyager, when writing that comment.

Why did the likelyhood of a black captain increase when removing the socialist utopian?

Voyager was kind of stupid though, wasn't it?

I don't think it could decide what it wanted to be. If they were really trapped in space in dire circumstances, they would probably completely ban the use of the replicators or the holodec for trivial uses.

way to sell the show bro

So you are saying holosuites are for fantasy? Deep♂Dark♂Fantasies?

Roddenberry had the right idea to not focus on petty personal problems but for the wrong reasons. It just creates a soap opera were X loves Y but can't for reasons Z. DS9 did it and it is annoying. Every show at the end ships all its main characters together. The constant love triangles, it was better not to focus on it. Notice how on TNG once Roddenberry lost control after season 2 stupid soap opera stuff creeped in? Riker loves Deanna but she wants that big Klingon cock?
Early 90s virtue signaling.

I think it was moreso a political statement

Well in the case with TNG they had a huge issue with writing the episodes because they had no idea how to write scripts without character drama.

Also Roddenberry wasn't that genre savvy. He literally didn't want character drama because it didn't fit into his idea of a utopia

Ehh more or less.

It's pretty clear going into ds9 that they wanted the Captain to be black right from the start as a political statement. However they seemed far more genuine about it than they would if the show was being made today.

Sisko is still a distinctive character compared to Kirk and Picard. He's much more down to Earth. Unlike Picard's love of Shakespeare and tea, Sisko likes things like baseball. He also had a son. And he was more prone to getting angry and preferred to deal with something decisively. Like when he punches Q in the face.

He was also the first captain in the series to not actually start out as a captain. That was a big deal at the time that he was just a Commander and not a captain. They later promoted him to Captain mostly to prevent fanboy wars.

He was also a fairly positive black role model compared to a lot of later attempts at just inserting a black guy as the main character in something. Like he raises his son by himself and gives him life lessons and shit. During the ending to DS9 they actually modified it so that it wouldn't imply a black dude abandoning his pregnant wife.

so are we ever gonna have that klingon movie knight?

They did a good job with Sisko's character but still, if Sisko had been cast in current year + 1 America Cassidy would have been a blonde white woman, Jake a half breed, and the entire female staff would have been blacked. There is no real defense of Sisko because it boils down political propaganda. Just because the propaganda 20 years ago was more tolerable does not excuse it.

who says it wasn't?

They all were actually, except for Kira.

True. Dax has been blacked by Worf, Kira might have been blacked by Odo.

I like to think that Dax fucked everyone on the station, except for Bashir.

I don't think you are wrong, even the Voles got more action than Bashir with Dax.

Really? I thought Dax ended up with Worf by the end of the show.

She did. But that was only toward the end. She had several seasons to slut it up while friendzoning the doctor.

As much as she was a shit character they could have at least put more effort to her death episode.

So watching TNG again from start, any episodes I need to avoid?

romulan/beverly/wesley/lwaxana ones

ds9 best gril

best q.t. on DS9.

was it autism?

baby don't hurt me~

reported

This beagle got more character development than half of the cast of Enterprise.

Is that why Deanna is the only Betazoid who speaks with a funny accent? She has a speech impediment?

it took her only half a season to drop that stupid accent from the pilot and fall into something a little mediterranean

And after TNG she just stops caring and uses her own real world British accent.

The one at the end of S2 that's just a clip show episode. Think it's the last one.

There was a TNG episode that sort of covered this with the autistic guy that later saved the voyager.

Broccoli was actually a talented engineer. Otherwise he wouldn't have got to the main engineering team of the Federation flag ship. Him finding a reason to live outside holodeck fantasies certainly isn't applicable to rest of the population.

Holy fuck, that just gave me an idea
I would've watched the shit out of that.

I'd watch the shit out of that.

Screwed by shitty writers. Its still good though, if only for Tom Paris, Space Marine.

Because shes a bitch.

Good, fuck the irish and fat people. I always turned down the volume whenever he spoke with that disgusting accent.

Highly subjective. The Federation forces you to conform to their ways, by force if not through diplomacy. Klingons seem to rule similarly to the Mongol's pretty much install an Imperial Overseer and fucking off unless you have taxes to pay or troops to contribute. Romulans I know nothing about but I would assume they're a middleground between feds and klingons.

Romulans take you as a sex slave and breed you out of existence with their superior genes.

You're hired!

She's a constant fuck up her acts like she's always on her period. The ideal Romulan was the Commander in Balance of Terror.

So much for meritocracy!

What's your favorite Star Trek uniform?

I didn't like Star Trek Online, but their Odyssey Uniforms are pretty neat.

The Enterprise uniforms are good. The only problem with them is that they are not form fitted for the female crewmembers.

I like the regular Starfleet officer duty uniforms. The dress uniforms are pretty ugly, though.

That's actually pretty neat.

The way I figured it was that in the star trek universe world war 3 centered around eurasia and the middle east. Hence why no central asians, muds, or asians in general being in short supply.

Why do they like these things at all? One of the things that has always annoyed me about Star Trek is how stuck on the 20th Century it is. Even the Holodeck is just a lazy way of avoiding having to do a space story, and you get to re-use sets from other TV shows.

what else is there? dom-jot?

Make some shit up. You have two or so fictional centuries full of stuff that supposedly happened.

Because in the Star Trek universe the 21 century is nothing but war and poverty. This only begins to reverse when warp drive is invented in 2063. So the 20th century is the only century where mass popular culture existed, survived, and is consumable by people in the 24th. Because people are focused and facisnated by exploration after warp drive is invented How much music form the 21st century survived WWIII?
Also, it is a cheap way of making the show relatable to us late 20th century early 21st century normies. These are people exploring the galaxy in space pajamas.

well they didn't just go to the 20th century
alamo and klingon stuff were all there

Pls no.

At least TNG had the balls to be inventive no matter how ridiculous

The "ultimate evolution of martial arts" is American Gladiator?

hell yeah that show was fucking awesome

Why do Star Fleet officers not have personal defense forcefields? They clearly have compact energy sources.

This.
To me the TNG episode "The Neutral Zone" is one of the best episodes of the entire franchise, it shows how boring the future is under the Federation. No alcohol, no movies, no books/stories, no music, no money (on Earth at least).

Uh, yes.

Because then there wouldn't have been a surprise method of Worf saving himself in "A Fistful of Datas".

Who felt the most feels on DS9?

It makes me miss the good old days of high quality brainwashing.

Is she our guy?

Anything not a jumpsuit.

What if the Borg put miniature deflector arrays on drones?

i cry every time

Are you implying that's a bad thing?

Why are so many Admirals such psychos?

The Dilbert Principle.

LET THE WAIFU CLAIMING BEGIN.

Gee, you think? They went across planets trying to teach them to be more like them and form cultural marxist societies. TNG did this more regularly right off the bat in season 1, with every new planet they encountered being absolutely anti-humanist in their eyes, even if they weren't human which was rare as fuck.