Star Trek General

Last one was kill.

Which faction has the best ship designs and why is Cardassian and/or Klingon?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition#Official_rules
memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ralph_Offenhouse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

99% of Trek ship designs are ugly. The people who worked on the spin offs got stuck with the 60s view of the future.

A reply to the user at the end of the last thread before it was anchored

They won't ever need to.

a) their trade fleet is militarized and their larger vessels can hold their own against starfleet vessels so they already have a fleet that can hold it's own against most ships

b) they wouldn't need to at all, they can use pretty much anyone else fleet

Now that second one might need some explaining. See the Ferengi have it built into their religious and cultural identity to understand the vitality of logistics, supply and demand, and the value of having people indebted to them. They play finance brokers to the entire galaxy, controlling the ebb and flow of the great material continuum, both literally flow of materials and the philosophical one they believe in. They have integrated themselves so successfully into the galactic financial and supply industry (and the legal industry; how else could they make a profit off holoprograms if computers can recreate anything without some version of galactic copyright?) that it would collapse without them. They've Ferengi'd themselves into being so vital for the important supplies (the ones that can't be replicated, hence why they can't replicate whole ships in a single go) that if anyone attacks them they will topple the galactic supply network and make the conflict a matter of interest to any power in the galaxy.

When are we going to have a Holla Forums Star Trek Night?

I've got a few ENT episodes on my PC, is there an easy way to stream them?

Hitbox?

Nope, they accept gamergrills camgirls but you can't stream tv show or movies.

Ah, fuck. I forgot they were vidya only.
Maybe Ustream, then?

What Star Trek episodes should be run?
Cardassian?
Klingon?
Ferengi?

Has anyone else had it as bad as her?

she had it pretty good, I wish I was her tbh

What's the bet she liked it?

All of the above?

==JUST==beard

What should be added to the mix?

The Wounded season 4 tng
Second Skin , Improbable Cause, The Die is Cast season 3 ds9
Business as Usual season 5 ds9

STANDING

I fucking love me some Klingons man. Here's some arcs, the episodes listed in their playing order. Most TNG and DS9.

The Worf Vs Duras Arc is great for Klingon episodes:

For the Klingon/Federation War Arc you want:

As a neat little note, the Quark/Grilka episodes are nice and show off a bit of Klingon culture:

There's also The Life Of Kor Arc which is nice, spans more series though:

ON THE EDGE

Has anyone ever actually tried to exterminate the Ferengi or is Star Trek even less realistic than I thought it was?

If anyone has then they haven't mentioned it before. No, they've played the game far better than the irl jews have.

They're universally despised by every race and culture in the galaxy, and don't even get to play the victim card. They're like a combination of gypsies and Jews.

How the fuck did no one stumble upon the brilliant idea of shoahing them? Fuck, Star Trek is really a shit setting.

did you mention the episode where kahless is reborn? it was pretty neat

Every civilization seems to have their own independent economy, so the Ferengi jewing barely has effect on them. The Ferengi seem smart enough not to try taking over the central banking, for example. For the Federation, the kiking seems like a necessary evil to fasciliate the small scale trade in the border regions.

They kinda do though. In the first(?) episode of Voyager Ensign Kim says to Quark he was warned about Ferengi at the Academy after Quark tries to sell him so fake gemstones and doesn't buy them, and Quark victim cards the hell out of him, saying that it's racist allegation against Ferengikind and that Starfleet Academy is libelous and shit, all to guilt him into buying the fake gemstones.

For the reason I listed in the first post. No one can afford it. The Ferengi were blessed with being far enough away from the Klingon's and Romulan's that they got to build up their position with only minor powers or non-aggressive powers, allowing them to integrate themselves with the status quo as the status quo was forming.

I even had a tab open on the star trek wiki to find out what that was called.

Good episode.

So did earth, didn't stop the jews from jewing. I'm sure Ferengi can name every currancy in use.

And a reminder that even then the most advanced replicators can't produce everything a modern civilization needs. Also another remind that there is a trade in copyright protected goods that I'm sure the Ferengi are all over.

I don't remember any mention of Ferengi doing banking. They just trade stuff. What would they even bank? Only way to get anything in the Federation is the rampant corruption, Klingons propably buy stuff with pure honour.

Didn't stop the Germans from almost succeeding. Further proof every other race in the galaxy is inferior to humanity.

but the germans didn't succeed
that's the whole point

Because every other good goyim dogpiled on them.

Other than the Federation no one would give enough of a shit to step in and save the Ferengi, not unless they got a shitload of money, and even then they might just leave it be to get rid of the filthy Jewish rats.

the ferengi could just bribe every neighboring faction to fight on their behalf
everything has a price and the ferengi can definitely afford it

Didn't work for Jews in WW2. Even the Poles, that hated the German occupation, went out of their way to help the krauts round them up.

The only reason they got saved was because the good goyim in the West had been brainwashed with leftist shit for a few decades and thought it moral to put a stop to it.

the problem is that the jews were at the front door of their enemy, so they got rounded up too fast for them to react. after that it was just difficult for them to do anything
try and attack israel without nukes and see how far you get before the goy states of america intervenes

I do.

Latinum. Latinum is the most common currency in the Alpha Quadrant, used from north to south of the whole region in some way, shape or form.

No, they use a currency called the Darsek. The DS9 episode The House Of Quark is based around it's use.

The Federation also uses the Federation Credit in it's outer regions for trading with everyone else. The Cardassian uses the Cardassian Lek. Even the Bajoran animals use currency called the Lita.

But they didn't succeed.

Which is what attacking the Ferengi would do to any aggressor.

Except all the minor faction and worlds around Ferengi space. And there's a few, trust you me.

is there any good star trek vidya, preferably grand strategy or RTS?
i'd really like to put the ferengi military question to the test

That's my point. People still view it as a moral obligation to defend the kikes. Those that aren't swayed with tales of the Holohoax think it their religious duty to preserve Israel for when the shit in Revelation comes about.

Outside of the West (the Federation) who actually likes the Jews and would intervene on their behalf?

Only if there was some moral obligation felt to help them. Past a certain point no amount of bribery can help you, especially if the other side realizes the people doing the shoahing are ideologically committed.

Shaoh one as a warning to the rest and see if kike gold motivates the rest to lay down their lives to save the space Jews.

Alright, fair enough.

Half of the banking schemes are out of the window when the currency is based on material wealth, though.

nausicans would definitely work for the ferengi
depending on who's trying to shoah them, the ferengi can probably find someone who has a common enemy with them. if they aren't being attacked by the klingons, they can almost definitely sway them to fight for them for honor n shit. if it's against the romulans, the federation would almost definitely join

Nigga play Star Trek: Armada I and Star Trek: Armada II right the fuck now. Star Trek: Armada III is a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion too. Pretty good.

The Ferengi don't start wars. At all. No profit in it if you're the one fighting it. And war involving them would be a defensive war that would be seen as very one sided. It would be the galactic equivalent of punching the autistic kid that does math good right in his face.

There's a market for many material goods. From traditionally made goods, art, culture artifacts, copyright protected goods, unreplicatable substances, items with Protected Designation Of Origin status, illegal goods, etc and so fourth. And keep in mind that replicators can't make food and alcohol that's as good as the real stuff, that's mentioned many times in all the series. That's why Quark has a fucking bar in a station where every room has a replicator built in and is successful.

You don't understand why everyone hates the Jews, do you?

you don't understand how many good goyim there are

I do but nigga keep in mind that I'm talking about the Ferengi here in relation to the rest of Star Trek, not the Jews in relation to the real world. The Ferengi aren't a 1:1 recreation of the Jews, and Star Trek isn't a 1:1 recreation of the real world.

None of that sounds bad, except smuggling of illegal goods. I haven't watched much DS9, but the Ferengi seem awfully tame, providing wanted services and products while being a bit greedy about it. They are ugly goblin capitalists, not nation wrecking menace that blends into other societies.

Ferengi at most are the embodiment of jewish greed but romulans go a step further and incite wars and influence them from behind the scenes. So far the only race that's tried to do jewish war tactics has been the romulans where they used the klingons as a proxy army and in a split timeline their tactics succeeded, as seen in Yesterday's Enterprise and later revealed to always be the case in the Klingon Civil War arc. The main reason why the romulans consistently try to use the klingons as a proxy army is because they lost so hard against the alliance that led to the creation of the United Federation of Planets. In other words they know they can't do it alone but they have a lot of resources to back a race like the klingons. If it weren't for the Battle of Narenda III incident, the romulans would have had control of the klingons like they've always wanted and would have eventually worn down the federation to its defeat.

Not until you see their pricing. They're extortionists. Their race tries its best to own a monopoly on everything they can. Read the Rules of Acquisition, their cultural and religious code, and you tell me if a group of people that adhere to it are going to be good: memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_of_Acquisition#Official_rules

They aren't doing a public service, most of the time.

If that's the only thing issue you took from the entire ruleset then congratz you're a jew.

Make way for Romulans.

The tricks of Ferengi shouldn't be an issue because you can racially profile them with ease.

Yet they still prosper in their medium.

Other peoples clearly consider Ferengi services and trade worth the hassle.

Oh no, the space jews are manipulative?!

Their own fault if the get jewed.

Old Man Jadzia episodes

surely there's an easier way to learn klingon
i remember watching a documentary on it's development, and all i can remember from it is that the sentence structure was backwards from the one in english (object verb subject)

Why not learn a proper fictional language, like Latin or Hebrew?

…or a useful language like arabic. It's a good thing to know what is haram or not.

Just a test: cytu.be/r/ENT_theme_starts_playing
Is it working?

Birth of the Federation. Basically Masters of the Orion Star Trek Edition. Also has the best combat system I have ever seen in a Turned Based Strategy.

I never got that part of Star Trek. They say the Federation don't use money yet other times they do?

The Federation is what leftism would look like if it was a Mary Sue.

DS9 really gave the Federation a bloody nose.

They have a currency because they need to when they're surrounded by nations that also have them. They don't tend to use it all that much internally, though, it's mostly used by traders or diplomats when making deals with other groups.

They're still the best goyim, always winning and forever spreading their vile Marxist message across the galaxy.

STRAIGHT OUTTA ALPHA QUADRANT

I don't think the Ferengi are completely toothless. In TNG they were introduced as a serious threat technologically on par with the Federation. Only later were they relegated to being mostly comical relief, because the whole concept was so absurd. So for any major civilization the cost of attacking them wouldn't be worth the benefits. I also think that the major races actually benefit from the trade with the Ferengi, despite them always saying how dishonorable the Ferengi are.

In the Star Trek EU, this guy from early TNG became an ambassador to the Ferengi homeworld because of his business knowledge from the past. He also went one to become the secretary of commerce.

memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ralph_Offenhouse

when something happens in the gamma quadrant, nothin happens

it's just another vorta dead

None of the ST ship designs make any lick of sense.

Why does a starship, especially a military one, need viewing ports? You put the bridge in the most defended, shielded and armored place in the ship, not on top, and smack middle of the disc.

You don't build your ships in such a way they have a structural weakness the enemies can fire at like most Federation ships do, you don't expose the engines.

It's easy to tell dumbfuck leftists were responsible because they have not the slightest clue about weapon design or common sense.

The Vulcan ones from Enterprise were pretty. I want one.

Anyone else think the Ferenghi were wasted? I mean it would have been nice to see the super rich Ferenghi and, surprise surprise, they make a fairly large amount of straight honest trade deals

And the Laws of Acquisition are mostly social engineering to keep the stupider Ferenghi in a Crab Bucket scenario.

Basically, the reason most of what we see as conniving shits is because thats the Ferenghi equivalent of Conmen and shellgamers.

The big players, the CEOs and such, are reasonably honest dealers. Oh they will fuck you sideways if you let them, but when they deal with the kind of sums they do, the incentive to build a shit reputation just isnt there.

Even have Brunt criticize Quark for harassing his girls too much. For costing himself money.

Implying Founders, Vulcans, Romulans, and Ferenghi arent all literally aspects of Jews.

See, its when they get combined that it truly becomes intolerable

Because the Federation can't into ship design?
It actually is a good point made especially in EU, ton for ton Klingon and Romulan ships are far superior to Federation ones, even in the show that's the case. Klingon ships especially are considered the best since they punch far above their weight with Klingon engineering considered second to none. Unless of course plot armor demands it isn't

I remember that episode, it's one of my favorite. It showed how shitty and boring the future/Federation is.

This. This is why I like BSG.

That's obvious since they are space liberals.

Pity the show degenerated into nonsense. I would have loved a prequel about the first war, that would have been fun. Instead we got that special mission bullshit web series and a show about retarded AIs.

Works for me.